My Love

My Love

Woohyun stared at the sheet music in front of him and smiled. He was finally finished. It had taken him a couple of months, but he finally finished the song he had been writing. He had managed to write most of it from the comfort of his closet sized room when the other members were busy because he was a little afraid of what their reaction would be.

 

It wasn’t like they were closed minded group, actually they were quite understanding of pretty much everything. When Hoya came out of the closet years before, no one had a bad thing to say to him. Sure at first it was weird for some of them to be changing in front of a guy who checked out guys. But then, after some time, everyone got used to it. And when Hoya gathered his courage to confess to Woohyun ,who had confessed to being biual, the whole group congratulated them.

 

However, they were very judgmental when it came to music and Woohyun was afraid they weren’t going to like his song. And this wasn’t just any song, this song was how he was going to tell Hoya that the dancer was the love of his life. After dating Hoya for a few months, Woohyun knew he had to find a special way to tell the younger his feelings, and since they thing that brought them together in the beginning was music, Woohyun wanted to write a song just for them. It’d be their special song.

 

“Hyunnie, I’m bored.” Sunggyu barged into the younger’s room without knocking and collapsed onto the bed. “What are you doing?”

 

Woohyun tried to stuff the papers quietly into a folder, but Sunggyu’s small eyes somehow managed to catch the paper and his fast hands ripped the pages from the younger’s hands.

 

“What’s this?” Sunggyu’s eyes quickly scanned the page. “Beautiful?”

 

“Stop reading it!” Woohyun tried to rip the page away but the leader managed to push him away while reading.

 

The leader used his feet to keep the other away until he could finish reading most of this. “Wow, these lyrics-I’m not sure what to say.”

 

And that was the very reason Woohyun knew his group would judge him. Sure Woohyun was full of grease and aegyo, but this song was just too cheesy. It was full of fluff and mushy words that a kid in middle school uses to hit on the person he liked because he didn’t know how to be smooth. It was filled with clichés and Woohyun knew that, as an artist, he was supposed to be able to express himself more poetically. Usually he could write things that make the hearts of people everywhere melt.

 

But when he thought of Hoya, he couldn’t function correctly. His mind would get kind of cloudy and instantly he’d sound a bit like a love struck little girl.

 

“Oh wait, I think I got it.” Sunggyu’s face lit up as his mind found an answer. “Is this not the final draft?”

 

Woohyun’s face turned red, “Well I thought I just finished but-“

 

“Sorry.” Sunggyu truly did look apologetic, “It’s not like it’s bad. It’s just-well-it’s a bit-“

 

“Cheesy?” Woohyun answered for him. “I know. I just couldn’t help it.”

 

“But the music part seems good,” Sunggyu tried to make Woohyun feel better. “I mean it’s catchy, a bit unique, I can’t wait to hear it.”

 

“You think it’s good?” Woohyun somewhat forgot about the negative reaction towards his lyrics when he heard that. Sunggyu had great taste in music, Woohyun always admired that about the older. So the fact that the actual music was considered good made the younger extremely happy.

 

“What’s going on in here?” Myungsoo came out of nowhere and sat down on the bed next to Sunggyu, resting his head on the leader’s shoulder. “What’s that?”

 

“Woohyun wrote a song.” Sunggyu held it up so that the younger could read the paper.

 

Myungsoo got about halfway through the song before he began to laugh. “Wow Woohyun, this is good. A bit cheesy, even for you, but it’s good.”

 

“If it’s good, why are you laughing?” Woohyun went back to pouting. He should have tried better with the lyrics so that he didn’t sound so juvenile.

 

“I’m not laughing exactly.” Myungsoo pointed out. “It’s just obvious this is written about Hoya and thinking of him and these lyrics, it’s like total opposites.”

 

Woohyun sighed, it was true. Hoya was totally original, not into the really cheesy things. Heck, even writing a song was a bit cheesy. Maybe it wasn’t the best idea to confess his love for the other in this way because it was overly greasy and Hoya wasn’t a huge fan of that. And the more Woohyun looked at his lyrics, the more the lyrics came off as greasy and no good. They seemed like something Hoya would pretend to like for Woohyun’s sake. Hoya did that a lot for Woohyun because the two were so different.

 

“You guys are right.” Woohyun concluded, “It’s not good enough for him.”

 

“No, don’t think like that.” Myungsoo shook the singer. “It’s Hoya, you guys are perfect for each other. Don’t let our reaction change anything. Don’t you love him?”

 

“Yes.” Woohyun answered a bit quietly.

 

“Did you write this song with him in mind?” Myungsoo asked with a smile on his face.

 

Woohyun nodded silently. He was still doubting his song.

 

“Then you’ve got to give it to him.” Sunggyu took over with an encouraging smile. “Don’t listen to us, we’re mean and cynical. You should have known we’d think of it this way. But we don’t love you the way Hoya does, so I’m sure he’ll see it differently.”

 

“You guys really think that?” Woohyun felt a bit better. A little skeptical, but better than before.

 

“Of course,” Myungsoo smiled, “But shouldn’t you hurry and record it? Isn’t your date tonight?”

 

Woohyun shook his head, “I’m giving it to him after the date, and I’m gonna sing it to him.” Woohyun smiled, he was proud of his plan.

 

“Well you’d better start getting ready.”

 

Hours later, Woohyun and Hoya were walking through a nearby park where they used to enjoy having picnics before debut. It was hard for them to enjoy simple things like a stroll in the park because they were spotted by fans everywhere , but it seemed like fate was on their side today. The two were able to hold hands and slowly stroll through the pathways deep in the park.

 

“This is great.” Hoya smiled brightly and pecked Woohyun on the cheek, “I’ve never felt so free. This is the best date ever.”

 

“Really? So there’s no way I can mess it up?” Woohyun asked, sending the other a greasy grin.

 

“What did you do?” Hoya teased and pulled on Woohyun’s hand when the path leading towards their apartment building came up.

 

“Nothing yet,” Woohyun walked faster towards their apartment. But instead of going in the door, he led Hoya around the back where a small playground was located. And in that playground, a lone guitar was sitting on a swing.

 

“I don’t get it.” Hoya looked between the swing and his boyfriend. “What’s going on?”
 

“Well, I have something I need to tell you,” Woohyun pulled Hoya to the swing and picked up the guitar. “And I’d like to confess it in front of the world but I’m not sure how’d they react or if the company would kill me, but I need to confess and I found the best way and it involves, well, a guitar because it’s a song.”

 

Hoya let his feet dangle as he sat in the swing. “So, what are you confessing?”

 

“Just listen.” Woohyun took a deep, deep breath and then began to sing.

 

Baby my love, beautiful…

 

When the song finished, Hoya was crying. He wasn’t bawling his eyes out, but he definitely had a few tears trailing down his cheeks.

 

Woohyun smiled, “That bad?”

 

“Why are you so great?” Hoya asked as he jumped up and threw his arms around Woohyun’s neck.

 

As much as Woohyun was happy Hoya was so touched, he was shocked. “It wasn’t too cheesy?”

 

“What are you talking about?” Hoya pulled away to look his boyfriend in the eyes.

 

“Some of the guys made fun of it and, well, I thought it was a little too cheesy for you.” Woohyun admitted with reddened cheeks. “You’re so unique and cool, I thought my cheesy words would be, well, too cheesy for you.”

 

“A little cheesy?” Hoya chuckled, “That was the cheesiest thing I’ve ever heard. But you want to know a secret? Months ago I fell in love with the most cheesy kpop idol ever. He’s so greasy that he’d put a fast food hamburger to shame with his amount of natural grease. And that’s why I love him. It may be something a lot of people sound cheesy, but that’s you. If this was filled with some metaphor someone thought of just to sound artistic, it wouldn’t be right and I wouldn’t care for the song. But this is truthful because it’s from you, it’s your heart in this song. And I love you, not a poet. I mean this song is filled with such an innocence like a first love, and so are you. You're my first love, and i hope you're my only love, I only love you, Nam Woohyun."

 

Woohyun smiled brightly, his own eyes tearing up knowing that Hoya loved his song. He had been so nervous, but it was worth it. The spark of true love in Hoya’s eyes was worth all the work Woohyun put into that song. “I love you, too.” 

 

 

 

once again i apologize for any mistakes haha. i'm super sleepy but i tried to edit it. i'm going to look at it again tomorrow just to be safe~

Thanks for reading!!^^