Chapter 3

Mermaids?!

(A/N: I don't like this chapter lol I tried to continue it but I just had to stop -.-  Actual A/N at the bottomENJOY!!! :D 


Youngjae’s pov
"Youngjae! I’m back!", my mom yelled as she was coming in. I quickly sat up on the couch and pretended to be reading.
"I was on my way b-...Youngjae!"
"Huh? I’m listening"
"Liar! You were falling asleep!"
"No I-I was reading"
"Mhm help me with these bags please" she said as she turned away walking to the kitchen. I got up and followed her with the bags.
"As I was saying, on my way back I saw that the house down the road was sold, I also met our new neighbor" when she said that with a grin from ear to ear I could already guess that he was young at least older than myself.
"He was having trouble moving his stuff so I offered him the help of the couch potato growing in my house and he accepted so get going" she said while smiling in satisfaction of getting off the couch and out the door. I walked toward the door with a sigh.
"Oh and I invited him to lunch so you better run over there and start helping the sooner you finish the sooner you’ll get food!", she called out. This time I sighed in an overly exaggerated annoyed manner not because she invited him over but because of what’ll happen to the poor guy.

I was close to the house already and I was able to see what my mom mentioned. The guy was carrying a medium sized box and tripped on a box that was on the floor by the door, he crashed against the door frame and cursed at the box while giving it a kick causing it to tip over and spill its contents. He gave out a tired sigh, cursed and walked into the house. I stood there amused by what I just saw. He came back out grumbling something and squatted in front of the box and started to put everything back.
"Um, Excuse me?, my mom sent me to help" I said as I walked closer. He looked up and I slowed down..huh?
"Oh, hi Youngjae" he said as he stood up with a smile.
Are you serious?! I cannot believe this! Of all people it had to be..
"Hello Mr....?"
"Kim"
"Kim" I repeated as he said his last name.
"Please don't call me that it makes me feel old call me hyung, Himchan hyung" he smiled. I was just plane out staring at him, I mean it looks like him but I'm not sure.
"What?",he asked pulling out a mirror from his pocket and checking his face, hair and eyeliner. Seeing that nothing was wrong he looked at me confused.
"Are you the nurse?" I practically yelled while holding up my bandaged hand and pointing at it.
"Yeah you don’t recognize me? I mean we saw each other yesterday" he said with a bit of disappointment.
"I did recognize you but I wasn't sure if it was you; your hair was blonde and a bit longer yesterday." I said while pointing at his hair.
"Right but now it’s short and dyed black so I became a stranger" he said with a slight pout.
"Haha not really when you spoke all doubts flew out the window", I said with a slight smile.
“Haha okay we better hurry your mom invited me to lunch”, he said lifting the box and going in the house. I went to the other boxes picked up two and went into the house.

The house isn’t that different from mine from the outside but the inside layout is different (mm..I’ll explain that another day). The living room was full of boxes.
“So what brought you to this gloomy place?” I asked trying to make conversation.
“Gloomy?”  Himchan hyung asked.
“We may have a beach as a backyard but this isn’t the sunniest place” I explained to him.
“Oh, well I don’t mind” he said going back out to bring more boxes. I followed him after setting the boxes down.
“I didn’t move to a beach house for sun anyway” he said with a serious face. Huh no wonder he’s a bit pale, guess he doesn’t like the sun.
“Can you help me with this box?” Himchan asked me. I walked closer and noticed the box was bigger than the rest and probably heavier. I was at one end and he was at the other, we had some trouble lifting it but we managed to get it in the house without dropping it. The box had ‘Fragile’ printed on it which made me curious as to what it was since it was pretty heavy.
“Finally, that was the last box” I heard Himchan say from across the room where he was starting to unpack one of the boxes. I walked over and started to unpack a box next to him.
“Why did you move here?” I asked. He smiled.
“I’ve heard that some people think this beach is haunted and some claim to have seen a mermaid” he said. A mermaid? here? He must have heard wrong. Haunted? I’ve never experienced such things while on the beach.I thought back to the mermaid claim it made me think of my dream.I don't think they don't exist but I do believe it's possible.I don't know where they got the haunted thing from though so.
I opened another box and what I found inside was an underwater camera.I lifted it to see what else was in there, I saw an envelope with pictures. I took it out and started to look through the pictures, some were of fishes and others were plants then I came across a blurry picture it was mostly of nothing but water except for a blurry figure of something in the middle.
"Himchan hyung what's this supposed to be?" I asked him showing him the picture. He looked at the picture and proceeded to take the envelope away. I looked at him waiting for an answer.
"Nothing I was just testing the camera out" he said. I don't know if I belive him or not, yesterday he was looking at similar pictures and when he noticed me he quickly hid them.Maybe I'm thinking to deep into it.

Jongup's pov
...Currently I am lost,I don't know where I am and there's no one here that can tell me, so much for that saying 'there's plenty of fish in the sea'. I guess I have to check for myself.

When I didn't feel water surrounding my head and shoulders I opened my eyes and looked around only to find myself in the middle of nowhere. The sky was clear the water was calm and there was nothing but water all around me. Now how am I supposed to get to where I need to go....


A/N: I am extremely sorry for this month late update DX but i have an excuse since I started this story without planning ahead I am having trouble haha >.< so updates mihgt not be as often and chapters will probably be short. As an apology I gave you guys a character lol and this:

Himchan: Before

After

Youngjae

Well hope I did this right haha and another thing, now that you've met Himchan should I make him a mermaid or a human? I can do either one, just wanted to see what you guys think :)  lol Comment, Subscribe, and hope I update soon lol XD