New Neighbor

Mermaids?!

Youngjae’s pov
When I finally got home I went straight to my room to start coloring the mermaid drawing. I decided to color it with water color because it was different from the other drawings.I had drawn the boy like a teenager instead of a boy like the other drawings hung up around my room. The other drawings were exactly how he looked in my dream: a pink haired boy, the only thing all of them had in common was that the boy didn't have a face, it was just blank. I always wondered what the boy’s face looked like, I tried imagining it but it just looked unfitting haha. When I finished coloring it I hung it up on an empty space on my wall and went to sleep.
About an hour or two later I woke up to my mom calling me down for dinner. Halfway down the stairs I could smell it already; meat. I sat down across from my mom and my dad was at the end of the table reading a newspaper. I had forgotten of the gash on my palm until the knife handle brushed it and I hissed in pain cacthing my mom's attention.
"Did you cut yourself?" she asked with worry in her voice.
"Huh? Oh, no I tripped and scrapped my hand" I said as I inspected my hand trying to see if I had started bleeding again.
"Be careful I don't want you to break anything",she continued,"So what else happened in school today?"
"Mm not much just found out we have a new nurse" I said lifting my mummified hand. At this gesture my dad laughed then me and my mom joined him.
"So what is she like?" asked my mom. Oh yeah I forgot...."Um it's a 'he' actually" I said feeling slightly awkward. "Oh then what's he like?" she asked with curiosity and surprise.
"Um..young?" I said unsure if that's what she meant by the question.
"Really?.." she said with a grin from ear to ear. My dad saw,turned to me and said with playful annoyance in his voice  "Good going Youngjae now she's in her cougar mode."  I just laughed and continued to eat while my mom was probably trying to imagine him or something.

Pink haired boy’s pov
Ugh I'm so bored, the loser got in trouble for getting caught messing around with eels,so now he has chores to do for about a month. And hyung is at training so I'm left here all alone in this deep blue sea with nothing to do. So I decided to go to my favorite beach, King’s beach, I find myself going there often to look for someone, someone I remember all too clearly  from that one time.
While on my way to that area of the ocean,I passed near where hyung was practicing. I stopped and watched him, admiring his fighting skills then laughing a little when he got scolded for getting carried away. He turned and started to swim toward me, I was baffled yet again.
"How did you know I was here?" I asked him.
"Dude for the nth time I can feel your presence even if you cloak yourself" he said with amusement. Well he is a solider he has to be good at that and he does that whole temperature heat thing so I un-cloaked myself knowing I wasn't going to win.
"Where are you headed?" he asked. "To K-beach" I said nonchalantly which got him annoyed. "I thought I told you not to go there without me since that one time" he said, I opened my mouth to say something but he cut me off, " --------- doesn't count he's child."
"It's not like he was going to go, he's grounded" I said laughing a bit.
"What did he do now?" he asked with a sigh, "Haha he got caught messing around with eels so now he has chores to do for a month."
"That brat just doesn't listen" he said, "Next time he gets in trouble I'll make him watch oysters mature" I burst out laughing when he said that.
"That's a bit harsh, I don't think ---------- will be able to stay in one place for about a year" I said, he shrugged " Maybe he will mature with them" he said with a playful smile and I just laughed again. I started to swim away slowly...
"Wait! I'm going with you that place is risky but I know you go there to see if he's there." he said with a serious voice. I looked  at him with a sad smile and nodded. He started to pull me along telling me that I'll find him one day.

Nobody's pov
It was the next day, Saturday to be exact and Youngjae's mom was on her way to the little market in town to buy what she needed to make lunch. They lived in a town near the beach and the city was 20 to 30 minutes in the opposite direction. As she passed the currently 'For Sale' house some distance from hers she noticed that it had already been sold. The rest of the way she wondered who their new neighbors/neighbor might be.
On her way back she saw a moving truck parked in front of the house and braked roughly when a soccer ball rolled onto the road. She put her emergency lights and got out of the car to get the ball. She walked towards the house and saw a young man with black hair picking things up from the floor and putting them back into a box mumbling things to himself.
"Excuse me, is this yours?" she asked. The young man looked up and saw the soccer ball in her hands.
"Oh yes sorry the box slipped from my hands and everything fell out" the young man said while bowing apologetically. She chuckled and told him not to worry.
"Do you need help? I can tell my son to come help you, I live just up the road" she said while pointing to a house in the distance.
"I would greatly appreciate it" the young man said with a shy smile,"if it's not a bother."
"No no no it's not a bother he needs to stop being a couch potato anyway, when you guys finish come over for lunch as a welcoming to this beautiful town." she said with a grin from ear to ear. The young man just nodded and waved goodbye as she drove away.


A/N: I am SO sorry it's late DX but guess what? i'm in summer vacation now :D yay Ok so yes the '-------' in the first chapter is ... Youngjae! :) hhmm...pink haired boy again... new neighbor? two new characters?! yes hehe :P Anyway I have ideas for other fics but i wont post them until i have a few chapters done unlike this one -.-' I also have one where it's like different stories that take place in the same place but with different people so I would look forward to that one but that one will take a long WHILE to put together lol so anticipate it but it won't be out soon :/

Okay so i hope you enjoyed reading this, please Comment.Feedback.Questions  all appreciated X)