Unspoken

Remnants of a Hollow Heart - A Collection
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A/N: I got caught writing a fluff fic so the Chasing Bullets multi-shot is postponed guys. I'm sorry. But don't worry! It will come, I swear. ^^

Anyway, the needle of my hospital syringe grazed my thumb so it's kinda hard to type stuff. The pain's exponentially greater when the lime juice concentrate just so happened to like hanging out on my wrist when I was making some drinks. T^T It's heeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeella painful, guys. Never play with hospital things unless you're like a medical team member or something. XDD

Oh btw, this was the private update I gave to the winner. lol

Enough rambling. Here your one-shot. <3

 

 

 

 

A twist and a tap.

 

Bullets of sweat dangled off at the end of her eyebrow. Another twist, another tap. Taeyeon wiped the back of her hand against her temple and left a line of dark smear on her skin. She went back to twisting and turning the screw into the nut, careful, finesse, yet agile in her work.

 

Twist. Focus. Twist.

 

All of her attention was solely devoted to the metal pieces at her face, not once distracted by the external, noisy forces that lingered in the shop around her. She was accustomed to the buzz and annoying ruckus that she could meditate in the middle of the bustling room, complete with glottal hums and levitation.

 

Focus. Twist. Focus.

 

Other than that, she had concentration to back her up.

 

Focus. Attentiveness. Motivation.

 

If there was one thing that her colleagues didn’t have, it would be this one. Not that they had ADHD or anything but Taeyeon was absorbed in everything she does, won’t let anything bother her, kept herself in the right lane to achieve her goal of the day. That makes her special, unique even.

 

Twist. Focus. Twist. Tap.

 

Keeping herself focused kept her at ease, kept her safe and alert, attentive and ready. It safeguarded her better than a gun holstered at her hip.

 

To her, concentration was like a mental floor plan embedded on her cerebrum. Like a muscle, concentration needed to be exercised, needed to be honed in order to function better. That’s why, as much as possible, she trained herself to focus more.

 

“Taeyeon!” her chubby boss of a man hollered through the walls, “Help us out here!”

 

With a quick chuck of the wrench into the tool box, Taeyeon had practically bolted out of the room and went to the front of the shop.

 

Under the hot, gleaming sun was a blindingly bright pink car being hauled into the driveway. It was so bright, Taeyeon had to squint her eyes just to see the female pushing behind the vehicle.

 

Her male co-workers scrambled to lend their hands to the redhead, who was, by the way, just as hot as the gleaming sun.

 

The people lost concentration the second their eyes landed on the woman, but not Taeyeon, no. She was focused to do her job.

 

Introductions done, explanations finished, and transactions clarified, Taeyeon found a dainty hand being ed towards her.

 

The redhead said to her, smiling, “Hi. I’m Tiffany. Taeyeon, right?”

 

She said her name so perfectly, like the others who had said it before sounded less appealing now.

 

Gulping, Taeyeon raised her hand shyly, showing Tiffany the grease ebbing into the crevices of her palms.

 

The redhead understood, Taeyeon thought, because she retracted her hand to the side and smiled at her once again, “It’s alright.”

 

Taeyeon gulped, will her eyes surface again? Because that smile is pretty wide, pretty deep and very pretty.

 

“Taeyeon will fix your car, Ms. Hwang. She’s the best mechanic in town,” chubby boss haughtily said, slapping Taeyeon’s back lightly.

 

And then Tiffany smiled again. Worse, way, way worse this time, because her pupils disappeared along the long, thick arch of lashes that curtained her eyes.

 

Like she didn’t know what to say, Taeyeon just nodded, agreeing, secretly hoping that she wouldn’t keep smiling for the rest of her momentary stay at the shop because otherwise, Taeyeon might get stuck, wondering. Wondering why this woman was so eye-catching that people tend to stop and stare at her, study her face, and check her out.

 

Unbeknownst to Taeyeon, she was slowly becoming exactly one of those people.

 

**

 

Taeyeon gets a shiver, goosebumps form at her nape each time Tiffany’s hot breath hit the shell of her ear. The redhead was behind her, observing over her shoulder, watchi

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter