That Girl

Remnants of a Hollow Heart - A Collection
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

This one-shot is for my virtual daughter. KC, this is long overdue but here you go. XDD

 

 

 

**

 

“Uh, Fany. Are you done reading that?”

 

“Kind of. Why?”

 

“Come to the theme park with me.”

 

Tiffany put the magazine on the coffee table and stared at Taeyeon in utter disinterest, “I don’t want to go right now.”

 

“Okay,” she shrugged, “Will you go with me now?”

 

“No.”

 

“Alright, I could wait,” said Taeyeon, flashing her a cheeky grin. But a full minute of waiting passed and she couldn’t contain it anymore so she tried to push her luck this time, “Will you go with me now?”

 

“Tae,” Tiffany heaved a deep sigh, “Rides scare me, you know that.”

 

For the past week, the fair-haired woman had been droning on and on about going to the park. It was getting annoying, frankly speaking, because Taeyeon would be at her feet, lips quivering, glossy eyes and begging. But Tiffany had grown to become immune, her system produced the perfect antibodies to ward off Taeyeon’s constant display of adorableness.

 

Too bad for her girlfriend though, because her tricks won’t work on her. Well, not anytime soon.

 

“But! I’ll be there with you so you should just get over with your arc… acro… archae… fear of heights,” explained Taeyeon, who was now sitting beside her, almost taking up most of the space on the couch.

 

“It’s acrophobia. And no, I prefer staying here,” Tiffany stood up and bent down to stretch her legs, the constant sitting was straining her muscles, “Stop groping my , Tae.”

 

Taeyeon retracted her hands and raised them, “Excuse me for adoring life.”

 

A smug grin and Tiffany pulled at her hands, leading her to the bedroom, “Why don’t we just stay here and adore life some more, love?”

 

Tiffany knew how and when to push Taeyeon’s right buttons because the other girl now took initiative and was practically dragging her to bed with the determination of a war leader.

 

At least she’s exiled from the evil clutches of terrible, terrible roller coasters.

 

For now, anyway.

 

**

 

Legs tangled under the sheets, both of them snuggled closer for warmth, expelling space that remained between them. Tiffany believed that space was never necessary in the aftermath of lovemaking. She loved clinging to Taeyeon when she comes down from  her high, loved the way their bodies molded almost perfectly as they embraced each other.

 

And Tiffany would close her eyes, ready to slip away and nap to the lullabies of Taeyeon’s breathing.

 

She did the same now but dug her face deeper into the nook of Taeyeon’s neck, kissing there gently before humming a good night.

 

But Taeyeon bolted up and sat straight, leaving Tiffany lying in bed in disbelief.

 

What the , she wanted to say.

 

The blonde looked at her and in all seriousness asked.

 

“How about now?”

 

Well, screw not having space after making love then. Because Taeyeon was kicked out of bed with a pillow at her feet.

 

“Take the couch,” ordered Tiffany.

 

**

 

“Good morning, y.” Taeyeon made to kiss the girl on the cheek but a palm pushed her face away.

 

Tiffany opted for the fridge, opened it and took out a carton of milk. She drank from the carton while staring at Taeyeon, face impassive and blank. She knew that Taeyeon was a neat freak and hated it when she would drink straight from the container.

 

“Okay, that’s totally not y.”

 

And then an empty glass was handed to her. But she was finished drinking. What could she do with it now?

 

So, Tiffany shrugged and replied, forging regret, “Too bad, I’m done.”

 

“Yah. Yah. Don’t put it back in there!” Taeyeon raced to stop her from returning the carton, “It’s empty so stop collecting garbage in the fridge. See!”

 

A brief shake of the milk carton.

 

Tiffany rolled her eyes. Right.

 

“Maybe I should post a caution here warning people, and by people I mean you, Hwang, to never put empty stuff in my fridge. It takes up the space and they’re an eyesore to me.”

 

“Your fridge?”

 

“Yes, mine. I bought that under my name.”

 

“But you paid half of it with my money,” shaking her head, Tiffany returned the unused glass back into the cabinet and threw the carton into the bin.

 

When she turned around, her girlfriend was standing there with a suspicious smile on her face, it grew wider as Tiffany reached the sink to wash her hands. A doubtful smug grin usually meant that Taeyeon wanted to do something risqué and daring, immature even. And it’s usually applied in the confines of their bedroom. But right now, Tiffany couldn’t decode whether or not she wanted to do either of the above. Taeyeon was unpredictable.

 

“Spill it, Tae. You want something. Speak.”

 

With that said, Taeyeon approached her and wrapped both her arms around her waist, her lips touched the skin at her neck teasingly. It gave Tiffany brief episodes of shivers when Taeyeon would playfully blow into her ear. And then her notorious smile morphed into that kind of charming smile that Tiffany had always loved ever since day one.

 

“I didn’t file a leave at the hospital to laze around the house

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter