|| Chapter 3 ||

You Just Loved Me for the Sake of Fame

While the other trainees have special classes, I share the regular ones with Yeon Seul. Since we grew up here in South Korea, we don’t have any problems with Hangul or communicating with staffs which means we continue with our normal schedules in school.

I was walking on the way when someone shouted my name from a far. I turned my head to see no other than Yeon Seul running to catch up with me.

“Yah! You didn’t even bother to wake me up. Did you sleep well ?” She asked with her ever cheerful voice.

“Neh. I think my sleep was enough.” I said though I yawned after saying that.

“Cute! Did you study for later’s recitation?” She said with an excited tone and my eyes grew big as if it will bulge out any moment.

“OMO! There is oral recitation later?”

“Yes! There is!” She said, excitement still evident in her voice not minding the horrified expression I’m giving her because of the sudden announcement.

“Come on! I have to study!” I grabbed her hand and hurriedly ran to the campus.

Although I was still lucky having 15 minutes allowance before the scheduled time, I think it still wasn’t enough. Our homework was to read The Great Gatsby which my good old friend here didn’t tell me last night.

“Ugh! Why didn’t you remind me?” I whimpered.

“I didn’t know either. I just learned it from Junsoo while I was on the way.” She said nonchalantly.

“Then why are you so excited?”I asked even more horrified.
“Because I know you haven’t studied either.” She said with a wide grin. I can’t believe this girl.

The bell rang and I gave up trying. The professor made an attendance and proceeded immediately to the recitation. I have always been so lucky when it comes to draw lots, because my name’s always the first one to be picked.

“Ms. Song, I believe you’re not like those teenagers who only want fame and forget about their education.” He said which made me to swallow. “So, let’s start with the easiest question for you. What can you say about F. Scott Fitzgerald’s The Great Gatsby?”

I stood up secretly looking at the side for any help that I can get from my classmates, apparently, they didn’t read either. I was already sweating hard when I decided to speak.

 “I-it’s so amazing sir t-that I become so speechless. I don’t know it was just s-so awesome I don’t know what to say.” I said which caused the whole class to burst out in laughter. The professor just smiled, however, it is obvious that he was not  pleased.

I sat down and felt frustrated. True that SM produces well-trained artist but when you become a trainee, they don’t want you to have a failing grade. That is why there’s a cut-off, when you didn’t get the expected performance in school, they might decide to kick you out. But it rarely happens though.

So you know the everyday scenario at school. Listen here, write there, written exam here, oral recitation there, 15 minutes break then back to business. After 6 hours at school, students destroy everything that will hinder them from going home, literally. That’s how excited they are. As for me and Yeon Seul, ofcourse we’re excited too!

I reached home 5 pm and did my homework as fast as I can. I already help my mom as well in doing household chores so that I can leave already.

I was all set going to the Agency when I remembered something.  I went back to the living room and found my mom watching her favorite reality show. By the way, I live in a dorm near SM Building but I always pay my family a visit as much as possible. Because very soon, I cannot do this as often as I want.

“Mom. I heard the landlord went here in the morning. I hope this helps.” I said and handed her the $20 I received as a weekly allowance for being a trainee.

“Dear this is yours. Your dad can still work for the amount needed.” My mom said giving the money back again to me but I insisted telling her that I’m growing up so I can help them now. She didn’t argue anymore.

 Aside from my plan, the reason why I wanted to become an idol is to provide my family’s needs. I don’t know, I think being an idol will give me enough money to help them. To atleast payback for the love that they had always been giving me even though I’m just adopted. I love them even though they are not my real parents.

 I went to the bus stop to go to my favorite place. Where? The bridge to my success ofcourse! SM Entertainment.

When I got to the room where we always do the dance training, I felt goosebumps all over me when my fellow trainees look at me mischievously. Something’s weird.

“What?” I asked them but got surprised when Juna eonnie entered the room and was very excited seeing me.

“Bei! You’re here! Just in time. Come, Mr. Soo Man wants to talk to you.”

I was nervous. I can’t think clearly. While we were on our way to Mr. Lee Soo Man’s office, I wanted to jump off the building. What’s with the sudden invitation?

Before I knew it, we were already infront of the door of his office. I breathed heavily, nervous of what’s waiting for me inside. I entered the room together with Juna eonnie and my future manager, Minkyu oppa. We bowed and greeted the people inside and suddenly I realized, Sehun was there, together with EXO’s manager. My heart was pacing fast. What is he doing here? And where are the others ? Is it because of yesterday’s incident? Am I gonna be kicked out?

“Bei-ssi? You may sit down now.” Soo Man said which caused me to realize I was staring at Sehun for a while now. What the heck? Sehun-ah, please don’t think of me as a creeper.

“So I called you here for a very simple announcement. We all know that Bei’s going to debut soon.” He started as we all listened intently at him. “The competition in our industry today is getting more challenging, if we don’t attract attention, Bei’s career might not be successful. So we decided to think of a way to put you in spot light as a head start.” He said, and every second, I feel like I’m gonna die. Stop with all the suspense please.

“We’re going to tell the media that the artist who’ll debut soon is Sehun’s girlfriend. Enough to make the fans crazy about the news and about the person itself. How cool was that?”

Sehun was also shocked as I was when our manager didn’t even show any hint of surprise.

“No objections? I guess there will be no problems about this.” Mr. Soo Man said with a smile. I should be really happy right now, jumping with joy as I’ll be Sehun’s girlfriend even though not for real. I mean, I’m a fan and who wouldn’t want him right? But I don’t know what’s on his mind so better act like I don’t agree with this.

“Are there no other ways to catch their attention? The result may not be the same as we expected.”

“Yeah. And what if the fans will hate her? She might get into trouble rather than having supporters.” Sehun added after I said my protest. Oh, is he concerned about me?

“That’s actually the key to her success. Surely she’ll have many haters which might probably happen to be your fans, but they will get curious about her. Is she good enough for you? is she pretty? Stuffs like that always happen. Trust me, I had been in this industry for years.”

I just kept quiet because whatever objection we make, we won’t be heard anyways. I just looked at Sehun who was also looking at me. His eyes show that he’s uncomfortable with the idea though he knew better than trying to persuade this old man infront of us.

After the agreement, Soo Man discussed about some other strategies which they think are useful for my career. I’m very thankful though there was so many, I can’t even name one now.

Meeting’s done, Juna eonnie and Minkyu oppa said that they have other business to do as well as Sehun and exo’s manager.

Sehun was already walking by the hallway so I called out to him. He stopped and met me halfway.

“Uhm.. about a while ago.. I’m sorry if you have to be involved..”

“It’s ok. You don’t want it too right?” He asked giving me a little smile. Ouch, so you really don’t want it? LOL

“Uh.. yeah.. I think so..”

“Let’s just work hard for this arasso? I’m glad if I’ll be able to help you. Anyways, we still have time to prepare. March is still far from October.” He chuckled then bid goodbye.

 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Annyeong! uhm.. is it too much if i ask you a favor guys?

I'm honestly kinda worried if i should continue this because i'm not getting feed back.

You are free to comment :) even if the comment is something like" the story is so lame LOL

i just want to know your opinion :)

thankyou subscribers :)