|| Chapter 1 ||

You Just Loved Me for the Sake of Fame

Bei's POV

 

My mouth hanged open as I watch EXO rehearse for their comeback. As I was seated at the front side of the theater which SM temporarily used as their stage for preparation, I can’t help but to feel very lucky being one of SM’s trainees. While other fans crave for their teasers, leaked songs and other stuffs you can ask for, my co-trainees and I see them perform everyday. I should be saying rehearse but they really do perform everyday, giving their very best during their practice for the fans that had been waiting for them for almost a year.

Their movements were sharp and flawless which makes it hard to breath. This is what you call a pure talent. What can you expect? They, too, had been waiting for their comeback. If I have to name one of the things I like about them, it would be because they’re so appreciative of their fans. Of all the groups I have encountered for three years of training under SM entertainment, I can say that EXO really feel indebted to the fans for their success. My heart warms everytime I see their eyes twinkle whenever Mr. Lee Soo Man has to say something about their achievements and how their fans show support them.

“If stares can melt, Sehun would be gone by now.” I heard Yeon Seul spoke beside me.

“Aniyo. I was not staring at him. I’m watching all of them perform.” I said in defense with a smile.

 I have read many comments via internet that EXO was one bias list wrecker. To that, I can never agree more. Who wouldn’t love all of them? If I will be given the chance to marry all of them, I’ll be forever happy. But somehow, the first time I set foot on the grounds of SM building, Sehun caught my attention. As if I was in heaven seeing his face, I would have died immediately when he looked at me. I was just 14 that time, and up to now, that day still replays itself to my mind.

“It’s not wrong to have a crush on him Bei, you know I have a crush on him too.” She said squealing like a teenager. “But very soon, you’ll debut as well. So no dating.”

I sighed secretly. “As if he’ll notice me.” It’s true, five months from now I’ll be debuting as a single idol. Not to brag about my talent, people around labeled me as the next Boa. Well, that’s too big. I think no one can be compared to her, she’s a queen. Actually, the plan was to have me debuted this april, but since EXO had some issues regarding their comeback, mine was also moved so I have to wait.

“So, are you excited?” she asked animatedly turning her body to face me as she lifted both my hands.

“Honestly.. no.”

“No?”

“Yes. No.”

“Aww.. why ? Come on Bei, it’s your chance to shine.”

“I don’t know.. it’s just that.. I don’t think I’m ready for this. I mean, I trained for three years only and you.. you already been here for five years.”

“You deserve it Bei. Besides, they won’t choose you if you don’t have the potential.” She said and we heard the people applaude in the background. They were cheering for EXO who happened to have finished their rehearsal already.

“Come on let’s greet them!” Yeon Seul stood from her seat then dragged me to the direction of the boys. By the time we got to the entrance of the backstage, the other trainees were already there to cheer them as well.

“Congrats oppa!”, “I can’t wait to see you perform. Daebak!” Those were the lines you can hear from them. I don’t even know if the idols had already memorized what they’re saying because it’s all the same everyday but they never cease to smile at us anyway.  Well, my clever partner Yeon Seul decided to take the spot just beside the door, she said in that way, they can recognize us immediately.

She excitedly bowed to them calling them sunbaes and reciting the speech she had been practicing always. On the other hand, I just bowed at them normally, feeling ashamed of my companion who acts like a saesang fan. Good thing, the members don’t get creeped out everytime.

They entered the dressing room one by one until two were only left. I was surprised to see Suho stopped infront of me. “Oh, hi. You’re Bei right?”

“”N-neh..” I stuttered as I felt the heat on my cheeks. True that I always see them but I have never talked to them. I’m a fan of them too, but the thing is, I always got nervous seeing them upclose.

“I heard you’re going to debut on October. Good luck!” He said putting his fist in the air. He’s very kind I must say.

“Kamsahamnida.” I shyly bowed at him but got even more nervous to see Sehun following him. He looked at me with the snobbish face of his but when he realized I was looking at him, he nodded as a greeting. Guess he’s really awkward with strangers.

Some of the light went out although there were still some left able to illuminate the whole auditorium. The staffs hurriedly fix the place signaling that it’s time to go home.

I together with Yeon Seul and the other trainees fix ourselves and went outside the auditorium. As I was waiting at the bus terminal, I can’t help but to think about the future. Many trainees and idols aspired to be in this industry for the sake of entertainment and passion, while I pursue being on the top with the wrong reason. How far will I go ?