Accidents Happen...

Daddy Donghae (Remake)

She sat in the back of the car, music blaring loudly into her ears. So loud it could probably make her deaf. She yawned as she stared out the window and watched white snowflakes fall from the sky. She looked down at her iPod to change the song. When she looked up again, she saw a car speeding towards them. Her eyes widened.

"Dad! Look out!" She cried and pointed at the car. Her father tried to get out of the way but wasn't quick enough and the two cars collided.

 

When she opened her eyes, she heard sirens. She realized she was being lifted into an ambulance.

"Mom? Dad?" She began to panic. What happened to them? Are they okay? Fear and panic took over.

"Miss, please calm down."

"Where are my mom and dad?" She asked, frantically looking around. Then she spotted her family. Her eyes widened in fear.

"Daddy! Mommy!" She cried and tried to get up.

"Please stay still."

The ambulance doors closed and she fainted again.

 

"Nngh…" She groaned.

"Ah, you're awake."

She looked over and saw a doctor. She was then wide awake.

"My parents. Are they okay?" She asked.

The doctor looked down, "I… I have to go check another patient. I'll be back soon."

She watched as the doctor walked out of the room. Fear crept in and she was scared that her parents had died.

She took deep breathes. In and out. Inhale and exhale.

"They're fine. They're probably fine. The doctor must've just had something very important." She tried to convince herself. But deep down, she believed her parents were no longer on Earth.

She waited a few minutes then a nurse came in.

"JiMin Kim?" The nurse asked. JiMin nodded.

"I'm sorry." The nurse said, she looked at the girl with a 'You poor thing' look. "Your parents didn't make it."

JiMin's fear was confirmed, her parents were no longer on Earth. She held back her tears, refusing to let a stranger see her cry.

"I-I see… Thank you for telling me…" JiMin said quietly.

"I'm sorry…"

"When do I get released?" JiMin asked.

"In an hour. You weren't hurt very much." The nurse said. JiMin nodded.

 

JiMin flipped through channels on the TV across from her bed. She stopped at a Japanese anime channel.

"Hehehe… Ouran…" She took note of the channel number then continued flipping.

A handsome Asian man was on the screen. JiMin stopped. She stared at him for a second then changed the channel back to the anime.

Just then, a nurse came in, "JiMin Kim? You may leave now. Would you like to call someone to pick you up?"

JiMin nodded. She got up and changed into her normal clothing before exiting the room.

 

"Hello?"

"Hey! Cece!" JiMin said, relieved that someone finally picked up.

"Oh! Min! What is it?" Cece asked.

"Can you pick me up? I'm at the hospital…"

"You're where?! Why?! What happened? Are you okay?" Cece started asking questions left and right.

"Cece! Cece!" JiMin tried to calm her friend down, "I'm fine. I just need a ride home."

"Right! One sec."

JiMin could hear Cece say something to someone then some muffling.

"Yeah, we'll be there soon!" Cece said.

"Thanks."

"No problem!"

They both hung up.

JiMin was eating walking around the waiting room eating chips she'd bought from a vending machine when she nearly got pushed to the ground from behind.

"Ah!" JiMin looked behind her and saw Cece.

"JiMin! Are you alright? Where are your parents?" Mrs. Mizuki asked.

"Oh… Um… They didn't… They didn't survive the car crash…"

Mrs. Mizuki's eyes widened, "Oh… Dear, I'm so sorry."

"Thank you…"

Mrs. Mizuki, Cece, and JiMin walked out of the hospital and to the car.

"Do you want to stay with us?" Mrs. Mizuki asked.

"No thank you. I think I'll be fine on my own."

"Are you sure?"

"I'm sure. Thank you."

They arrived at JiMin house.

"Thank you, Mrs. Mizuki, Cece." JiMin said then ran to her front door. She waved at the car drove away then walked inside.

As soon as the front door closed, she let the tears spill from her eyes. They flowed like a river out of her eyes and down her cheeks. Sobs escaped from , she leaned back onto the door and slid down. On the floor, she curled into a ball. It was obvious the tears wouldn't be letting up anytime soon.

JiMin picked herself up from the floor and walked to her room. She closed her door and plopped onto her bed. Her tears were slowing down and she took a CD off her shelf and put it into the player. Music soon start blaring out of the speakers.

'Life couldn't get better!'

"Life couldn't get worse…" JiMin muttered in response. Just then she heard the front door open.

She ran to her door and locked it then shut off the music. She hid in her closet, cell phone pressed her chest.

"JiMin?" Someone began knocking on the door. "JiMin! Open up!"

JiMin quickly left the closet and unlocked the door.

"Takeshi!" JiMin said in surprise, "What are you doing here?"

"I heard about your parents…" Takeshi said. "I'm sorry, by the way."

"Thanks…"

"I'm here to tell you to pack up. You'll be going to be moving in with your Godfather on Friday."

"My Godfather?" JiMin asked.

"Yeah. In Korea."

"What? Korea?!" She was surprised.

"Yeah."

JiMin sighed, "Alright…"

Takeshi walked over and hugged JiMin, "I'm sorry."

"It's fine…" JiMin replied.

"It's Sunday. You have a few days to get packed." Takeshi walked to the door, "I'll pick you up on Thursday."

JiMin nodded. She watched Takeshi walk down the stairs and leave. She slowly made her way back to her room and pulled out a suitcase.

"What'll happen to the house afterwards?" JiMin asked herself. She grabbed all the clothes she had out of her closet and dumped them into her suitcase. She zipped it closed then grabbed another. She grabbed all books she felt she couldn't live without then placed them in the suitcase in an orderly fashion so they wouldn't get damaged. She took her CDs, movies, and anything else she felt she needed and zipped it closed.

She finished packing about 2 hours later. She got a text telling her to pack some things into boxes that would be shipped to her later from Takeshi.

Since she still had 4 days to pack, JiMin curled up on her bed and decided to sleep. The sun was still up, but she didn't care. She felt tired and just wanted to sleep.

 

Hi everyone! I hope you liked the first chapter of this remake! There will be a few differences between this one and the original, but I hope you like it anyway!
Thanks for reading! And thanks for subscribing as well! It means a lot! ♥
Please comment! I want to hear what you thought of the chapter! :)