cookies : 15

Lucky You !

Hyemi stretches her body and rolls a little in her blanket. She then sits up and looks at her phone. It's 4:35 AM. Hyemi looks at her right side. Both Yoonjung and Seonghwa are still in their deep sleep. She then looks at the left side. Hana is also in her deep sleep. Hyemi runs her fingers through her hair. She cannot falls back to sleep. Last night has been a very tiring day. After the first activity ends, she went to bed early as she feels very tired. Now that she's all awake, she can no longer go back to her sleep. She then stands up to grab her knitted cardigan and wears it. She walks out of the tent and sits in front of the campfire. She feels a little warmth.

"Why aren't you sleeping?" A male voice speaks. Hyemi looks up. It's Luhan. What did he do at this hour?

"Why are you here? Aren't you sleeping?" Hyemi asks back. Luhan smiles and sits next to her.

"I just wake up. I want to look at the sunrise, so I plan to wake up early. How about you?" Luhan explains. 

"I can no longer go back to sleep. I think I've been sleeping enough." Hyemi stares at the fire while hugging both of her legs. 

"Then, let's watch the sunrise together." Luhan offers.

"Alright." Hyemi responds. "I need to put on a little lip balm. This lip is cracking." Hyemi complains as she touches her lips.

"What lipbalm's flavor that you used?" Luhan asks. He may sound a little ert, but he just wonders. There is no sin to be curious.

"My lip balm? It's actually cherry flavor but smells like strawberry." She dips her hand into her cardigan's pocket and pulls out her lip balm. "This one. You wanna see 'em?" Hyemi hands it to Luhan after putting some on her. "You should put it on too, your lip is cracking too." Hyemi offers. Luhan shakes his head. There is no way he should put on the lip balm that Hyemi also put on her lip. Her lips.... Luhan shakes his head trying to call back his sense.

"Just put it on. Okay, let me put it on you." Hyemi opens the lip balm's lid and tries to put it on Luhan. Luhan continuously rejects it by blocking his hand in front of his face. He then laughs as Hyemi has not yet give up to put on him. He decides to let Hyemi do whatever she wants. Hyemi moves closer to Luhan and grabs Luhan's jaw. She puts the lip balm on his lips. Luhan cannot take his eyes off from looking at Hyemi's lips. He must be crazy now that his heart is screaming for excitement.

"Can I pat on your lip?" Hyemi asks while staring into Luhan's eyes. Luhan nods as a reply. Hyemi then proceeds to pat Luhan's lips to layer the lip balm smoothly using her index finger. Luhan's heart flutters that he can hear his heartbeat is getting loud. "Done." Hyemi says and moves back. "You need to carry around lip balm with you during this winter. So, it won't crack and hurts!" Hyemi explains. She then closes the lip balm's lid and slips it back into her pocket.

Luhan just nods as a reply. He is too flutters to say anything. He feels like his face is hot and red now. He looks downward to hold his heart from jumping out loud of his chest. He cannot believe that he is actually only a few centimeters from Hyemi's face. He cannot even more believe that the lip balm he was once curious about is now on his lips. Is this consider as.... indirectly kissing? Luhan smiles idiotly.  

 

 

 

🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸

 

“It’s here!” Hyemi says with so much excitement in her voice. She points at the sky. The sun has finally risen. Luhan looks at the sky with a smile. He has been waiting there for 1 hour and half. It’s finally here. 

“Ah, so beautiful!” Hyemi praises. 

“I know right.” Luhan smiles as he watches the sky turns brighter. A mixture of orange and yellow spread around the skies. His eyes feel like getting clearer. This sunrises really feels like the new day has begun. He glances at Hyemi. The new day has begun, and I’m going to create more memories with you.

“When the sun rose up, it’s just done. New beginning starts.” says and then proceeds, “And it’s a new opportunity to go after the things you want to do.” Luhan stares at Hyemi. She’s right. This is a brand new day for him to try his best again. He needs to tell her about his feelings. Luhan smiles and nods as he agrees to her statement. 

“Luhan, I’m going inside first.” Hyemi excuses herself to get inside the tent. Luhan too stands and walks back to his tent. Today is a new day. He gotta enjoy all he can together with the other friends. He will make more reasons to stay here, at Seoul with Ryung. 

 

🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸

 

Hyemi walks approaches the lake. She sits right beside the lake and cups the water from the lake using her palm. She then splashes the lake water to her face to wash her face. It’s cold, but the water feels refreshing even during the winter. This lake is especially warm as the temperature increases a little high today, unlike the day before. Hyemi then splashes the water on her hand to wash her fingers. Today’s activities end at 5 PM, so Mr. Lee and the other teacher decides to give them some free time before dinner and come back to the gathering point for the last activity. Seonghwa and Yoonjung are off to take a shower right after the end of the activity. But Hyemi prefers to take a walk a little before going to take showers. 

“You here?” Luhan walks toward Hyemi and sits next to her. Hyemi looks up to Luhan.

“Uhm.” Hyemi nods. 

“What’s wrong with your face?” Luhan asks as he sees Hyemi’s face looks wet. 

“Ah, I splash water on it. It feels so refreshing!” Hyemi explains. 

“Your hair is getting wet too.” Luhan reaches his hand towards Hyemi and tucks her hair behind her ears. Hyemi looks at Luhan as Luhan did such thing to her. Her flutters. She feels like all her face becomes hot and red now. She then looks away. She is afraid that Luhan notices her face getting red. 

“Why are you here? Aren’t you going to go take a bath too?” Hyemi asks. She tries to cover her embarrassment with questions. 

“I supposed to. But, I see you sit here alone. So, I came to you.” Luhan explains.

“Oh.” She then proceeds to ask, “Luhan, why aren’t you date anyone? I think it has been so long since you have one.” Luhan gulps down. He did not prepare for this. 

“Well.... I don’t know.” He answers. “I’m actually waiting for the right time to tell someone that I like her. But the time just has not yet match.” Luhan stares at the lake blankly. 

“What? Who? Why don’t you tell me anything?” Hyemi excitedly asks. 

“Someone.” Luhan smiles. 

“Who is her? Did she know about it? Is it mutual feeling?” Hyemi asks again desperately wants to know the answer. Deep inside, she knows she’s probably Seol Hana. There is a possibility that it’s Hana. Luhan has not got closer to anyone other than Seol Hana. 

“Of course she doesn’t know. Unless she notices it. I don’t know if it’s a mutual feeling. I hope it does.” Luhan explains. “Because this time around, I’m not even kidding. I really... in love with her.” 

Hyemi stares at Luhan. “Do you feel happy?” She then asks. Luhan glances at her with a smile. 

“Yes.” He nods. “I’m happy that she exists. I’m happy that I finally realize what love is and she actually the first-ever person I love this much.” Luhan answers. 

Hyemi smiles and pats Luhan’s head. “Then, I’m happy too if you’re happy. Good luck with whatever you decide to do.” She smiles and then turning her head to the lake’s view. 

Luhan stares at Hyemi with a smile. He just cannot wait to tell her about it. He cannot wait any longer. They are going to come back to Seoul soon. Luhan wants to end this mess before they return home. He wants to let her know about it as soon as she can. He is ready for any consequences that could happen. 

 

🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸

 

The talent shows start with a busking by Hyemi’s classmate, a duo of Park Seri and Park Soohyun. They had a very enjoyable moment during these talent shows. Hyemi whispers as Seonghwa, “I’m going to get some drink at the pantry. Do you want anything?” Seonghwa says no and Hyemi stands to the left of the crowd. She then heads her step to the pantry tent. Luhan notices that Hyemi is going out of the crowd, so he stands up to follow too before Hana holds his hand. 

“Where are you going to?” She asks. 

“I’m going to mens'” He replies before he walks away. Luhan follows Hyemi and stops at the pantry’s tent. Hyemi picks a bottle of strawberry milk from the fridge. She looks at the details on the bottle to check the ingredients. 

“Hyemi.” Luhan calls her. She looks up to Luhan. 

“You come to get some drink too? Why aren’t you tell me? I can bring it there.” Hyemi says. 

“No, it’s not the case...” Luhan looks around. “Can I talk to you for a bit?” He asks. 

Hyemi nods. “Go ahead.” She says. 

“No, not here. Shall we talk at the lake?” Luhan offers.

“Why can’t we talk here? It’s okay, go ahead. The kids are all at the camping site anyway.” Hyemi replies.

Luhan grabs Hyemi’s hand softly. “Follow me.” She then drags her to follow him to the lake. Hyemi is confused by Luhan’s action. As soon as they are at the lake, Luhan let her hand go. 

“What are so serious that we need to talk here?” Hyemi asks. 

“Hyemi, I have something to tell you.” Luhan says after taking a real deep breath. He cannot hold this any longer. He decides to tell her tonight. This is the of everything. 

“Yes, go ahead. Are you okay?” Hyemi worriedly looks at Luhan. 

“Hyemi, I... I liㅡ” 

 

Hyemi-ah! Hyemi? Jung Hyemi! Where are you???” Yoonjung shouts as she searches for Hyemi. Both of Luhan and Hyemi shock. Luhan then pulls her hand and brings her to the back of the tree. The only single tree near the lake. Hyemi once again falls into confusion. They then sit at the back of the tree, hiding from Yoonjung. 

“Why are we hiding?” Hyemi asks. Luhan gives her a ‘be quiet’ sign as he put his index finger on his lips. Hyemi nods. Luhan and Hyemi look at Yoonjung who still looks around the lake for Hyemi. She then left the lake to search at somewhere else. Luhan exhales a deep sigh. He then looks at Hyemi who is still in confusion.

“Why are we hiding from her?” Hyemi whispers. She looks right into Luhan who also stares at her. What is so serious that Luhan hides himself and her behind this tree?

Luhan face Hyemi and moves his head closer to her face. Hyemi tilts his head backward as she shocks. Luhan’s face is getting closer and closer to hers. Just in a second, Luhan’s lips stamp on hers and he presses his lips against hers. Hyemi shocks. She can feel Luhan’s face is just right on hers and the point of his nose is poking on her cheek as their lips tie together. Hyemi feels like she’s out of the world as her heart skipping and jumping out loud. Her hands are all frozen, she does not even push Luhan though she is all shocked and confused. Luhan brushes his lips against her for a couple of times. Luhan’s point nose is moving up and down on her cheek. Hyemi stares at Luhan’s face. Luhan’s face is too close that she can see that Luhan is closing his eyes, enjoying whatever moment to him. The heat of Luhan’s breath also hits her face. The kiss lasts for 3 minutes with Luhan press his lips against her upper lips and lower lips by turns. Hyemi feels a little strange that she does not even push or slaps Luhan to end all the confusing things that happen now. It is not that she does not have the energy to do so, but she never actually want to push him away. Luhan moves his head away and looks right into Hyemi’s eyes. His eyes are shining through the dark. He pats a little after press his whole lips on hers for a few minutes. He then reaches his hand out and wipes off his leftover saliva on Hyemi’s lips gently with his thumbs. He continues ti dart his eyes into hers. Never want to break the contact. 

“I like you.” He finally confessed. 

Hyemi shocks. She feels like she is flying to another dream. A never-ending confusing dream. 

“What did you just say?” She asks innocently. “Luhan, are you drunk? You drink teacher’s alcohol at the pantry, don’t you?” Hyemi accused him. Luhan chuckles upon hearing that. 

“No. I don’t.” He shakes his head. “I’m deadly serious. I.... like you.” He continuously darts his eyes into hers and she does the same. 

Hyemi looks away. She feels all goosebumps as she heard Luhan’s confession. This situation is so awkward and it unreasonably flutters her heart. Her heart must work so hard today that she cannot even take a break. It flutters for non-stop. She feels like her face is all red and hot. She quickly stands up. Luhan also follows her action. 

“I’m going back to the tent.” Hyemi says as she looks downward, not being able to look Luhan in the eyes. She then walks away. 

Luhan sighs. There is no answer to his confession. He wonders if what happened earlier is just too pushy and hard on her. He brushes his face with his hand. He then walks toward the camping site. 

 

🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸

 

"Yaa, where is Hyemi?" Yoonjung asks.

"She said she's going to the pantry earlier." Seonghwa answers.

"Why did she take so long to come back? Wait here, I'm going to look after her." Yoonjung says and goes straight to search for Hyemi. Seol Hana glances at them. She feels uneasy about how both Luhan and Hyemi are not here when they are supposed to be here. She then stands up and left the camping sites. She walks around the tent but she did not see Luhan anywhere. She then walks toward the lake. She is so sure that Luhan will be there. She then walks past Yoonjung who comes back from the lake.  

"Where are you going to?" Yoonjung asks.

"I'm... I'm going to the lake." She answers. She tries to avoid Yoonjung's eyes.

"Why? It's a little dark there." Yoonjung asks again.

"Just... because. I'm going to take a little fresh air there." Hana then walks past her and heads to the lake. She does not want for being ask for more. If she answers that she is actually looking for Luhan, Yoonjung will definitely ask again. She looks around the lake. There is really no one there. She turns her back to go back to their camping site. But she notices a shadow behind the single tree nearby the lake. She walks approaches the tree confidently. As soon as she peeks what behind the tree, she sees two bodies sit there, facing each other closely. She notices that person wears the same black jacket as Luhan wears. She tries to peek a little closer to see if it's really Luhan. She then sees clearer that he is really Luhan. She sees Luhan presses his lips against the person in front of him, romantically. Hana tries to see who is the person Luhan had a kiss with and finally, she notices that is Hyemi who has been kissing. She holds her fist tightly. She then turns her back and leaves the lake immediately with tears running down from her eyes. Her heart feels like being torn apart and it is really hurt. She goes straight to the tent and picks her stuff into her bags quickly. She knows Yoonjung and Seonghwa are looking at her, but she ignores it. She then stands up and drags her luggage to the tent's door. 

"Yaa, Hana. Where are you going to?" Yoonjung asks.

"I'm moving out to stay at another tent." She answers before leaving the tent. She cannot stop crying as her heart hurts so much. She cannot see Hyemi once she returns soon. She hates it so much that she does not want to stay that any longer. 

 

 🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸

 

Hyemi walks straight to her tent and enters it. Yoonjung and Seonghwa look at Hyemi.

"Yaa, Jung Hyemi! Where were you? I'm looking for you around." Yoonjung asks.

"I'm.... Ah, I'm going for a walk. For... Fresh air?" Hyemi stutters with an awkward smiles. 

"Really? I'm searching for you at the lake before, though." Yoonjung answers.

Hyemi startles. What if Yoonjung sees what happened before? "Did.... Did you see it?" Hyemi asks. 

"See what?" Yoonjung is confused. Hyemi takes a deep breath. Yoonjung probably did not see what happened at the lake. 

"Nothing, I thought you see me at the lake. I didn't go that way before." She makes an excuse to change the topic.

"Yaa, Hyemi. Why is your face looks so red? Are you okay?" Seonghwa then asks. She stares into Hyemi's face. Hyemi touches her cheek with both of her palm. Is she really that red? Her heart has not yet calmed down and relax from what happened earlier.

"No.... I mean, yes. I'm okay. I'm going to sleep now. It's cold." Hyemi stutters and tries to pull the blanket all over her body. She then moves her body to the left side.

"What's wrong with her?" Seonghwa asks Yoonjung. Yoonjung raises her eyebrows and shrugs as she also does not understand the situation.

"Let's sleep." Yoonjung asks. She then stands up to close the lamp and only lets the table lamp stay open. They then go to bed. 

Hyemi flips her body facing up. She cannot even fall asleep even if she forces herself to sleep. Each second she tries to put herself into sleep, she remembers what happened earlier. She still can vividly remember Luhan's lips on hers when she closes her eyes. Hyemi then touches her face. It is still hot. She moves her hand to her chest. The heartbeat seems running non-stop. 

"I like you."

"I'm deadly serious. I really.... like you." 

Hyemi kicks her blanket as she remembers what Luhan said earlier. It is a little bit cringy as it comes from Luhan. But why does she feels strangely happy about it? Hyemi shakes her head. She tries to force herself to sleep, but the moment Luhan brushes his lips against hers with closed eyes crosses her mind again. The heartbeat sounds a little loud this time. Hyemi slaps her face. She then sits her body up. 

"Why? Why did he like me? When did he start to like me? I mean, why?" Hyemi put both of her palms on her head and mess her hair. "How do I face him tomorrow? It's crazy!" She then lies back on the mattress. She really feels like her mind is going crazy now. Hyemi's phone vibrates. She then takes her phone and tap on the screen. There is a message. She clicks it open and checks the message she just got. It's from Luhan.

"Sleep?" He asks.

Hyemi sighs. How can she even sleep after what he had done? Hyemi bangs her head against the phone. She is really very close to going crazy now. 

"Yes, I'm about to." Hyemi sends a reply. She lies about it to sound cool. A minute after that, Luhan give a reply.

"Okay. Me too. Have a good night." 

Hyemi rolls her eyes. Is he going to sleep now? How can he sleep after what he had done? Or is it because it is so normal for him, so he is not anxious as much as her? Oh right, I don't have a boyfriend before. So, I don't know how to be calm! Hyemi kicks her blanket again.

"Hyemi? What are you doing?" Seonghwa asks with her eyes half-opened. Hyemi smiles and shakes her head.

"Nothing. Let's go back to sleep," She answers. She then forces herself to sleep by pulling up a blanket to cover her whole body. She tries to calm herself and she believes that everything will be okay. 

 

As time passed by, she stills cannot sleep right until morning comes. Hyemi pulls down her blanket. Her eyes are all swollen after staying up all night. She really feels like she is going crazy already.

 

🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸

 

All kids are riding off the bus one by one. Hyemi drags her soulless body to the bus.

"Yaa, Hyemi? Why are you so weak today?" Seonghwa asks while poking Hyemi's hand. Hyemi looks at her with soulless eyes.

"I think I'm going crazy." Hyemi sighs. 

"What do you mean?" Seonghwa stretches her non-itchy eyebrows in confusion. They all ride the bus and find their seat. As soon as Hyemi saw Luhan, she grabs Seonghwa's hand. 

"Let sit together." says Hyemi. She desperately wants to avoid Luhan today. She still needs time to think of what happened. Seonghwa nods in confusion.

"You guys sit here, I'm going to sit at the back." Yoonjung says and off to the other seat. As they take a sit, Hyemi exhales a deep breath. The bus moves back to Seoul. Hyemi knows she lacks sleep, but she cannot sleep too right now. She glances at Seonghwa. Seonghwa has already fallen asleep while putting her head on Hyemi's shoulder. Hyemi tries to close her eyes and think of everything. As expected, the scene of Luhan brushed his lips against her lips appears again. She still can hear Luhan's confession. Hyemi sighs. She then opens her eyes and falls into deep thought.

She cannot think of anything or anyone other than Luhan. She tries to deny her feeling all this time. Those times her heart flutters every time she was with Luhan. Every small action that Luhan did to her. She just does not expect it comes from Luhan. She sighs as she stares outside of the bus. She is still confused with her answers though she knows she is almost there. She is afraid of the consequences that might happen to their friendship.


🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸

 

Hyemi gets off the bus. She then pulls both Yoonjung and Seonghwa into her hugs. "It has been a great time with both of you!" Seonghwa and Yoonjung hug Hyemi back. They scream happily. Luhan comes closer to them. 

"Let's go, I will walk you home." He says with a smile while his eyes staring at Hyemi. Hyemi awkwardly looks at Luhan. She then shakes her head, refused his offer.

"It's okay. Your house is in the opposite way anyway. I can go home by myself." Hyemi gives an excuse.

"Yaa, just go with Luhan. Your neighborhood is kinda dangerous nowadays. You shouldn't walk alone." Seonghwa slaps Hyemi's arms. Hyemi glares to Seonghwa. 

"She's right, though. Luhan, I trust Hyemi on you. Take her home right until her gate." Yoonjung says before she drags Seonghwa with her to the taxi. 

"Yes, Ma'am." Luhan gives Yoonjung a salute. He then looks at Hyemi. "Shall we go now?" He asks with a smile stamp on his lips. Hyemi nods her head as a response to Luhan.

They walk for 10 minutes and none of them speak. Luhan then breaks the silence mode between them. 

"Aren't you going to ask me anything?" Luhan asks. Hyemi glances at him. Yes, she has so many questions! But none of them comes out of . 

"What?" She purposely pretends to be clueless. She should not let herself look too curious about it or think too much of it even if she does!

"Aren't you curious like how did I fall in love with you? Why and when?" Luhan smiles and proceeds, "Since you're not asking about it, I will tell you. If you ask me when did I first start had this feeling to you, I really don't know when was it. When I go back to one timestamp in the past, I keep thinking it might probably happen before that. Do you still remember one year and a half ago? I injured my hand during the school competition. In basketball, there is no guarantee you can run that fast to stop a ball or grabs it. But I did. I ran religiously to catch it, so it did not hit you. But to think about it, it may unintentionally happen way before that. Every time we touch, my heart keeps on fluttering. I wonder what does romantically want someone could it be. But I guess, my romantically want someone means that I don't want to lose you. I want to hold hand of yours, I want to kiss you, I want to be the person you always and only look at. I also want to know whatever you do in every minute of your life. I want you and keep wanting you." Luhan glances at Hyemi with a smile. Hyemi still finds it awkward to look at him now. But god knows how her heart flutters upon hearing Luhan's words. 

"I just hope you don't pressure yourself much about what I feel. Take as much time as you need. Prioritize yourself first. One thing I can ensure you is that nothing will ever change. I will try to save our friendship as much as I could. I don't wanna lose you over my feeling." Luhan gives her reassurance. Hyemi glances to Luhan. They reach at Hyemi's house. "See you tomorrow." Luhan smiles. Hyemi nods and walks inside her house. She feels uneasy about her feeling upon hearing what Luhan said earlier. She is about to push the door, but then she turns her back. Luhan is no longer there. Hyemi runs towards the gate and catches Luhan's step who is almost at the corner of her neighborhood.

"Luhan!" She calls for Luhan. Luhan turns his head in confusion. Hyemi runs toward Luhan quickly and stops right in front of Luhan. She then stands on her feet while grabbing Luhan's collar before she stamps her lips on Luhan for 5 seconds. She closes her eyes as she presses her lips against his. Luhan shocks by Hyemi's action.

"That's my answer!" Hyemi says while staring at Luhan's eyes before she runs back towards her house. Luhan feels like his face is all hot and red. Hyemi's sudden move on him makes him smile. He watches Hyemi runs back to her house cutely. 

"Damn cute..." Luhan mumbles with a smile. His heart is screaming out loud. He finally can sleep at peace tonight!