Promise

Dangerous Trade

Joohyun and Ji Eun became friend when they were just two years old, they lived next door to each other and play everyday after school. Whenever one is sick the other one would go and stay with her, they're the only child in their family and loved each other like sisters. One day Joohyun and Ji Eun wanted to walk home from school, on there way home they came across a rail road and Ji Eun wanted to step on the railing. Joohyun was walking next to Ji Eun who was still on the railing walking, out of no where a train honk at the girls and Ji Eun got scared when she fell off and got her feet stuck on the railing exchange track.

 

"Ji Eun get out of there." Joohyun shouted at her friend.

Trying to get her feet out."I can’t it stuck." kept pulling.

Joohyun watch as the train was coming closer when she ran to her friend."On three, one..two..three." both girl use their might to pull and got Ji Eun feet off the railing before the train hit them.

"Joohyun we made it." she said happily, as she turn to face her friend when she saw her just lying there."Joohyun..Joohyun..get up..why aren't you getting up."

 

Ji Eun drop both their stuff on the ground and carry Joohyun on her back, she ran home to when her parents saw her. The ran outside and saw Joohyun hurt, they took Seohyun to the hospital and called her parents. The two family stay at the hospital until the doctor came out.

 

"Doctor how my baby?"

"Is Joohyun ok." Ji Eun ask in tears.

Touch the little girl head."Some of her bones broke but they will heal..so don’t worry to much. Now the nurse are taking her to her room, you may all go see her in a little bit."

"Thank you doctor."

 

Ji Eun ran to the front desk and ask for Joohyun room number, she left without telling her parents. When she enter Joohyun room she was sleeping, she went up to her and held her hand crying. The girl laying on the bed open her eye when she saw her friend crying, she smile and touch her hand.

 

"Ji Eun ah..i'm not going to die..so you can stop crying now."

Look up and saw her two big eyes open."Joohyun ..you got me so scared..i was so scared I might lose you." hug her tight.

"Yah..yah..i'm still here..i'm not dead but I can still feel the pain."

Back away quickly."Sorry..i was just so happy to see you."

"I'm happy to see you too."

 

Just them their parents came into the room when they saw the two girls talking, Joohyun smile at her parents and bow to Mr. and Mrs. Song. Ji Eun mom yelled at her for running off without letting them know, they got so worry looking all over for her. She just smile and held onto her friend hand. Every since the accident they're parents didn’t allow them to walk home anymore, Ji Eun would bring Joohyun her homework everyday from school and they work on it together. After 6 months Joohyun got better and was able to walk again, but she got a big scar on her shoulder. Joohyun didn’t mind the scar she got, the two girls were always with each other even during lunch, recess and sometimes when they have a class together to will stick to each other like glue.

 

Fifth grade was coming to an end when they had a graduation for all fifth grader, they're parents attended and bought them flowers and balloons. Both parents took their girls out to dinner and watch them laughing and having fun with each other, the parents looked at each other with sadness in their eyes.

 

"Girls." Mr. Seo said.

Both girl turn to face they're parents."Daddy, what is it?"

Look at Mr. Song."Um..well..we're moving out of Seoul." Mr. Seo said.

"Ji Eun, we’re all moving together."

"Yay." hug each other.

"No sweet heart..our family is moving away, and so is Ji Eun family."

They're smile disappear from their face."What?" they said.

"Ji Eun ah, me, you and daddy going to move out of the Korea for while..we're come back and visit Joohyun and her parents time to time."

Ji Eun stood up."What? No..i don’t know to leave Joohyun ."

"Mom."

"I'm sorry Joohyun ..your grandma wants us to got live with her..so we're moving back."

"But I want to stay here with Ji Eun..i don’t want to go."

"Girls enough..this isnt easy for us either."

 

Ji Eun held Joohyun hand and the two girls ran out of the restaurant, they're parents didn’t know what to say after they girls ran out. They went home and waited for hours until they finally saw their two girls coming home, they went up to their girls and hug them.

 

"Where have you two been?"

"Didn’t you know that we were so worry about you." 

"Answer us."

"Ji Eun, go sleep..we can talk tomorrow again."

"Good night Hyunnie." they let go of each other hand and walk to their house.

 

Both the girls mom felt bad for doing this to their only daughter, they both said good night and follow their daughter inside the house. Mrs. Seo went to Joohyun room to check on her, when she could hear her daughter crying.

 

"I'm sorry Joohyun ."

 

She close the door to her daughter bedroom door and went to her room, she went to lay down with her husband. Ji Eun lock the door and wouldn’t allow her mom to enter her room, when morning came Joohyun woke up early to go meet Ji Eun. The two left early in the morning and didn’t tell their parents beside leaving a note. The whole day went by and the two girls came back home with puffy eyes, they're parents knew what happen. During those days the girls spend as much time as they can with each other, on their last day together they cry in each other arms.

 

"I will never forget you." said between tears.

"I will never forget you too." hug her tighter.

"We're find each other again..i promise."

"When I'm old enough I will come look for you..wait for me."

"Girls we have to go now."

 

Both held onto each other hand tight before they're parents pull them away, the girls were in the car looking at each other crying. Joohyun open the car window and stick her head out, Ji saw and did the same.

 

"Ji Eun, I'm leaving now..don't forget our promise."

"I will never forget it..I'll wait until we meet again."

 

5 Years Later

 

The Song family move back to Seoul and into their old house again, Ji Eun looked around when she remember her time there with her friend Joohyun. She went outside and notice the tree they use to always sit under was still there, she walk over and notice so craving into the tree.

 

"I Promise." was written there as she trace her finger on the letters."Joohyun where are you? I came back..I miss you."

 

JiEun went inside the house to unpack her things and get ready for school, when Monday JiEun went to school. She notice a lot of boys in every corner of the school, she just ignored them and go to class. It’s been two months since JiEun been at her new school, when she notice the new girl.

 

"Is she the new girl?" she ask her friend who sitting next to her.

Look at her way."Yeah, her name is Seohyun." turn back to her food."Why do you ask?"

"No reason." to her attention to the table again.

 

Seohyun had one class with the leader of Bap, she sat across from him. She became friends with a girl who she saw next too. The two became friend and she show Seohyun around the school. Later when they meet up she introduce Seohyun to her brothers and his friends.

 

"Seohyun ah, this is my brother Luhan..and these are his friends. Chanyeol, Lay, Kris, Suho, Kai, Sehun, Tao, Baekhyun, Do, Chen and Xiumin."

Felt overwhelm."Hi." she lightly bow.

"Hey." they answer back.

"I know he has a lot of friends because they're in a gang..in this school most of the boys you see in groups are in gangs..they don’t fight in school but when they do get away."
"Oh..is it that bad?"

"Its bad..some innocent kids got hurt for not getting out of the way before..they spend couple months in the hospital..then they transfer school the next day."

"So who starts the fight?"

"Mostly they don’t start fight unless one group threaten other group or jump one of their members." Yoona said.

"Hav..have you guys been in fight?"

The dark hair boy smile."Of course..once or twice a year at least."

"Sehun, let's go. Nice to meet you Seohyun." the leader with blond hair said and drag the youngest away.

 

Seohyun looked at them walk away when she turn to face Yoona, she smile and pull her new friend along with her. The two went to lunch and sat down together when her other friends came, Yoona introduce her friends to Seohyun.

 

"Seohyun, these are some of my close friends. Taeyeon, Sooyoung, Jessica and Hyoyeon. Girls she our new student name Seohyun."

"Did she already met Luhan and the gang."

"Of course..just right before we came to sit."

"How do you like the school so far?"

"It's good..but I didn’t realize there's so many gang group in this school. I thought its suppose to be a good school."

"It is..we get into fight but our school leads in everything."

 

The six girls went on eating their lunch when a group of girls walk up to them, Yoona stood up along with her four other friends and step out of their seat.

 

"What do you want Sunhwa?"

"I see you're  being nice to the new girl."

"And?"

"Don't worry we're not here to fight…but if you want to..meet me after school."

"If you want to settle a disagreement then lets do it here..one on one."

"I would but I promise my parents not to get into school fight." start to walk away. "Oh btw Yoona, watch your back."

 

Seohyun saw a girl with red hair walking after them, she looked at her and she turn to look at Seohyun before turning to face her group of friends. The five girls sat down again when Seohyun turn to face Yoona.

 

"Who she?"

"She one of the member in Bap..she thinks she can do anything just because her brother is the leader." 

"Oh."

"Stay away from them if you don’t want to get hurt."

"I see."

"Sorry your first day had to be like this." Taeyeon said to Seohyun.

"It's ok, at least I made more friends." she smile.

 

The girls were about to finish eating when some of the Exo boys came over to their table and sit down between the girls. Sehun put his arm around Taeyeon, Kai give Hyoyeon a kiss on the cheek and Chanyeol pinch Sooyoung cheek, Kris came to sit with Jessica and put his arms around her shoulder.

 

"So..you're dating?"

"Yeah." Hyoyeon answer.

"Oh."

They just smile at the girl."So Seohyun, do you have a boyfriend." Sehun ask.

Taeyeon nudge him in the stomach."Sorry about that Seohyun, ignored him."

"Noona..that's not fair."

Pad his head."Life isnt always fair my sweet boy."

"Yoona, Luhan hyung has eyes for your new friend." Kai said.

"Really?" said a bit surprise.

"Why are you so surprise." Chanyeol said as he look away from Sooyoung to face Yoona."Do you think your brother a robot or something?" turn back to kiss Sooyoung.

"Yah..will you two stop it..its disturbing to look at."

Sooyoung stop kissing Chanyeol and look at her friend."You're just mad because you don’t have a boyfriend."

"Aish…Seohyun lets go and leave these love birds." grab Seohyun hand and they walk away.

"Yoona I know someone that has a big crush on you." Kris shouted as she walk away.

"I'm not inertest." she shouted back.

 

Yoona and Seohyun walked to Yoona locker when a boy was at her locker waiting, Seohyun give them some time to talk as she stay couple feet away. After he left there was a big smile on her face, Seohyun knew it had to be something good.

 

"Guess who just ask me out?" holding Seohyun hand.

"That guy?"

Nod her head."He so cute isnt he."

"He cute, coagulation."

"Thanks..i cant wait to tell my girls."

"Are you telling your brother?"

Thought about it. "Nah, he doesn’t need to know."

"Ok."

 

Seohyun left Yoona and went to her class, on her way to class she bump into one of the member from Bap. She apologize and about to walk off when he stop her by holding her hand, he pull her into a hug. She try to push him away but he held onto her tight, when he felt someone pushing him away from her.

 

"Luhan." they both said together.

Pull her to his side. "If she doesn’t like it, don’t do that to her."

"She not your girlfriend..why do you care."

"Because she my sister friend." he said still holding Seohyun hand.

"I see." he said and walk away.

He turn to face her."Are you ok?" put his hands on her shoulder.

Nod her head."Thank you."

He smile."Don’t worry about it..come I'll walk you to class."

"Ok."

 

Luhan walk Seohyun to her class and he went to his class, during the whole class Seohyun couldn’t think about anything but Luhan. She didn’t know if she was falling for him already or just because he was really nice to her. When school came to an end Seohyun went home, still thinking about the boy that hug her and Luhan. Just then she got a call on her phone, she didn’t recognize the number but pick up anyways.

 

"Hello?"

"I think I like you."