He isn't Your Oppa

Eight Colored Rainbow

 


 

Yu and Sanghyuk were friends since both of them shared the same interest in dancing, but he danced a lot better than her so technically she just gave up two months ago and living her life as an ordinary high school student. She wasn’t totally quit. She visited dance studio like almost every day after school. The reasons were pretty clear. One, there was Sanghyuk. Two, there were actually three seniors that Yu knew quite well, Wonsik, Hakyeon and Taekwoon.

Not to mention that those three were super-hot while dancing. Even Sanghyuk said so. To tell the truth, actually she had been liking Taekwoon for about two months—the one who quiet but suprisingly hot. Sanghyuk laughed at her every time Yu said Taekwoon this Taekwoon that. He had never believed that Yu would really fall for that guy.  He kept saying that it was just a slight crush because she didn’t know him well and just captured the outer of Taekwoon which was very good looking, chic and yeah. Sanghyuk said she was just admiring him, not fall in love.

Like today also, Yu came and watched them practicing the dance movements for a competition next two months. They did very well, as usual. She threw a towel to Sanghyuk’s face as they finished the practice. She handed Taekwoon a bottle of water but he shook his head slightly, he already had his on his right hand.

“Taekwoon Oppa,” called her.

The owner of the name turned his head to see her, “Hm?”

“Euhm.. I just… I was wondering if you have some time to have a cup of mocha latte with me tomorrow?” asked her. Taekwoon took a glance to Sanghyuk who was wiping his sweat with the towel.

“My treat,” added her.

He ‘hhmm’-ing for two minutes, then answered it with a soft voice, “I’m free at 4p.m.”

“Okay! I will meet you there at 4p.m. Thank you, Oppa!”

Sanghyuk sighed. He knew this thing would be happen, soon or later. He already prepared his heart but this was harder than what he thought it would be. Sanghyuk knew that Yu loved Taekwoon—more than just a crush, although he always said to her that it was just a short term feelings and no more—he was too afraid to admit that She finally found it, feelings that she wandered almost all the time. Sanghyuk loved her, Taekwoon knew it well.

Sanghyuk grabbed his backpack and nudged her, “Are you going home with me or?”

“With you, of course!” Yu smiled happily and walked behind Sanghyuk after Yu waved at Taekwoon—who just smiled in silent.

They were walking side by side. Sanghyuk put his earphone on and Yu grumbled, “What’s the point walking home with me if you are listening to music and we don’t talk, stupid?”

Sanghyuk put the earphone back to his pocket, “Okay.”

“So, how’s school?” asked her. It was like a habitual for her or him to ask the same thing every day. Since they went to different high school and almost like every break lunch they phoned each other, just to make sure the opposite already had the meal.

Sanghyuk shrugged, “Exam in next two weeks.”

“Sounds bad,” Yu commented.

“Hey, are you serious about Taekwoon hyung?” asked Sanghyuk. She lifted one of her eyebrows, “Why do you ask that all of sudden?”

Sanghyuk didn’t reply.

Yu smiled, “Yes. I’ll go serious for him. You know what, I’ve been dreaming to have a dancer boyfriend.”

“Why it has to be Taekwoon hyung? I mean, there are Hakyeon hyung and Wonsik hyung too, right?” Sanghyuk couldn’t hold his curiosity. She nodded, “I know. But I only get butterflies on my stomach when I get around Taekwoon oppa.

“I see.”

“Sanghyuk too, do you have someone you like?” asked her.

He nodded, “Yup. I like her like crazy.”

“You tell me nothing about her, nice to hear that, best friend,” Yu grinned and it made Sanghyuk giggled, “Said someone who always talk about Taekwoon like there is no tomorrow and didn’t even let me to speak.”

Yu smirked, “You just made it up. There is no girl in your heart.”

“I do like someone.”

“Who?”

“Should I tell you… or not?” Sanghyuk chuckled, the girl pouted and tried to hit Sanghyuk’s head but he was too tall to be reached by her hand so Yu was about to whining again but Sanghyuk whispered, “She doesn’t like me.”

“Eh?”

“She likes someone else. That’s why I never tell you who. It was useless to talk about her, she will never like me,” Sanghyuk smiled bitterly. Yu bit her lips, tapped Sanghyuk left shoulder and sighed, “Well, she is not the only girl in the world.”

“I know. But she is the only one I’ve ever wanted,” hissed Sanghyuk and it made her speechless.

 

 

 

{ * * }

 

 

 

Taekwoon was like a prince, Yu said. Taekwoon could be a cold person but heartwarming at the same time. He could dance and sing as well, the movements he made and expression of his face every time he sang ballad song conveyed his feeling the best.  She believed that she could melt down Taekwoon’s heart.

“Sorry I’m late,” Taekwoon pulled out a chair and sit on it immediately. She shook her head, “No, it’s fine. Do you want mocha or latte?”

“Mocha sounds great,” Taekwoon answered.

Yu stood up and walked to the counter. She came back with a tray of two cup of mocha and two piece of cheese cake, Yu smiles, “Cheese cake is fine, right?”

“Absolutely.”

“So, Oppa, how was your day?” asked her.

Taekwoon took a sip of his mocha, “Fine.”

“I mean, describe it longer. I really want to know more about you,” Yu added, as cut a little slice of the cake. Taekwoon rubbed his neck, “I woke up at 6, helped my sisters and mum with the house chores, went to university, went to book store and have a short vocal practice at studio with Hakyeon. That’s it.”

“Book store? What book do you read?” Yu looked interested.

“Novel? The romance one,” replied Taekwoon. She wow-ed and chuckled, “You surely don’t look like one.”

“I’m not.”

“Really.”

“But I will say it to the person who deserves it,” Taekwoon played his straw and gulped his drink more. The girl smiled, “That girl must be so lucky.”

Oppa, what do you think about my hair?” She touched her hair and looked it closely as examine every part of her hair. Taekwoon shrugged, “It’s okay.”

“Do you like girls with long hair or short hair?”

“Everything suit them, I’ll be fine,” replied Taekwoon. Yu giggled, “Do you think my short hair suit me the best, or long hair would be better?”

Taekwoon smiled, “You look good.”

“Thanks. Eh, Oppa, can you check what is on my back? It’s itchy,” Yu turned her body so Taekwoon could reach the part of her body she talked about. Taekwoon blinked, “Of course it’s itchy. Look what I found.”

Yu looked up, Taekwoon put an ant on her palm, “He bit you.”

“Wow.”

“Don’t kill him. Ants only bite when they feel in a danger. Basically, he was afraid to fall down from your back so he bit you to protect his life. Put him here,” Taekwoon pointed the table, Yu did it as Taekwoon asked her to do.

She giggled.

Taekwoon whimpered, “What’s wrong?”

“Nope.”

“You got a very nice necklace,” said Taekwoon all of sudden. Yu jumped off, “Ah, this one? We bought it in my school festival last year.”

“We?”

“Sanghyuk and me.”

Taekwoon nodded his head slightly. Yu laughed—as she discovered that Taekwoon spoke more than she could even imagine, he also smiled. It was a beautiful evening for her, and that thought suddenly disappeared when a girl coming in a rush and pulled Yu out from her chair and she almost fell down.

“Back off,” that girl grinned.

“Ah! It’s hurt,” Yu looked at Taekwoon confusedly, “Oppa, do you know her?”

“Shut up! Don’t Oppa-ing Taekwoon!” yelled her. She pushed one side of Yu’s shoulder and Taekwoon pulled one of her arms, “Stop it. People are watching.”

“I don’t give a damn about people. I only care about how dare you sit here, enjoy your mocha with another girl meanwhile you broke your promise to accompany me to book store and !” the girl grumbled, she groaned like a wild lion.

Taekwoon hissed, “Stop cursing. I can explain you this. Please go home first. I will walk her home.”

“What? You asked me to go home by myself and you walk her home. Dammit, Taekwoon, I should’ve known that you’re a player!” the girl pushed Taekwoon until the boy moved backwards two steps. She turned her head and stared at Yu sharply, “Just so you know, the boy you were flirting to is my boyfriend.”

“W-what?”

“Yu I can explain this. Rin, please listen to me.”

“ off, Taekwoon!”

“Stop cursing, I said!” Taekwoon yelled. Both of the girls stunned. They didn’t think that Taekwoon would yell. The girl who being called as Rin by Taekwoon sent a glare at Yu and hissed, “This little is getting my nerves.”

“Baek Ahrin!”

“Shut up, Taekwoon! This isn’t like what Sanghyuk have told me!” Rin yelled back at Taekwoon. The latter grabbed her arm, and brought her away from that place. He sighed, “Told you to not mention Sanghyuk’s name in front of her.”

“Why? She deserves to know!” Rin insisted.

Yu grinned, “I deserve to know.” She followed the two and overheard what Taekwoon said.

Rin and Taekwoon looked at Yu in the same time and the boy sighed, glanced to Rin and shrugged, “Well, Yu, this isn’t a big deal.”

“It’s a big deal for me, Taekwoon!” Rin yelled again. Taekwoon rolled his eyes, “Rin, please not now.”

Oppa, it’s okay just tell me,” said Yu.

Rin groaned, “I said don’t Oppa-ing my boyfriend, you damn!” Taekwoon grinned, he couldn’t let his anger out but when he said, “If you don’t shut your mouth, we are over here, Ahrin.”

Rin gasped. She stomped her feet and pushed one of Yu’s shoulder, “He never yell at me and now, look what you’ve done.” She rolled her eyes and leaving. Yu bit her lips, somehow she felt guilty but when Taekwoon tapped her back, reassuring her, she felt a little bit relieved—though it didn’t change the fact about the girl got angry with her. 

 

 

 


how is it?

subscribe & comments! <3