Chapter 2

Broken Promise

NO ONE'S POV:

Sunggyu was tossing and turning in his bed.  He looked over at the clock and it was already 5am.  He sighed, He couldnt sleep at all, not because there was pain his his stomach, but because he was just distraught over the news.  Sunggyu could barely face the other members; he was lying flat out to their faces and to himself.

*What else am i supposed to do?*  He thought as he silently sighed so as not to wake Woohyun.  Then he got up, *Might as well practice if i cant sleep*.  even if he was sick, Sunggyu didnt want it to affect his performance.  He didnt know how long he had left, because he had forced the doctor not to tell him.  He didnt want to countdown the days, that wouldve scared him even more, he rather it come as a surprise.

Besides, practicing got his mind off of such things.  Sunggyu got on his leopard print hat, his white t-shirt and a pair of jeans with worn out sneakers.He then silently left the dorm.

*Wait... Woohyun wouldnt look right?*  Sunggyu mentally slapped himself for forgetting something so important.  *Nahh... he promised me... that guy doesnt break his promises.*  He nodded in confidence as he headed off to the practice room.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It was 6:30am as the Infinite members were up getting ready.  Woohyun groggily got out of his bed.

"Sunggyu hyung..."  He said with his sleepy voice, "Get ready. We gotta get to practice."  But he found that Sunggyu was gone already.

"Hey Woohyun!! We're leaving without you!"  Sungyeol yelled.

"Wait!-"  But he could hear the door closed.  Woohyun sighed as he got ready.  He had his clothes on and everything until something stopped him from stepping out of his room.  He slowly looked over to the drawer that Sunggyu put the letter in.

*But i promise...*  he thought to himself as he slowly inched over until he was right in front of the drawer.

"I shouldnt do this"  He said to himself as he reached out to grab the knob of the drawer.

"I shouldnt break a promise made..."  Then he opened the drawer.  Woohyun sighed, *To heck with this... For all i know it could be new song lyrics.. or a poem.. or some cheesy heartfelt fan letter.*  Then he rummaged through Sunggyu's clothes as he found the white piece of paper, crumpled.

Woohyun held his breath, the moment he opened the letter, was the moment he would break his first promise to Sunggyu.  But for some reason he was so damn curious about this paper.. Like it was calling out to him- 

Okay that was going a bit far, but still.  Sunggyu has never acted this suspicious before.

"If its some cheesy fan letter it's nothing he should be embarrassed about."  Woohyun started unfolding the paper.

"Besides, i show him my fan letters all the time, and they're supperrr greasy-"  He stopped short once he unfolded the whole paper and red the first few lines that he saw.

"Positive.... cancer?"  He thought to himself.. He was silent for a bit then burst out laughing, "Wow.  This is some prank Sunggyu hyung is pulling. HAHAHAhaha.."  He was laughing but then he could feel his vision blurring as tears threatened to arise.

"Why the heck am i crying?"  He was still laughing a bit as he wiped the almost tears with his sleeve, "It's obviously a fake... Right?"  He wasnt so sure himself.  He couldnt believe it.. He just couldnt... But there was only one way to find out.  

He kept the paper as he hurried out of the dorm to the practice room.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

PRACTICE ROOM:

Infinite was stretching after being surprised to see Sunggyu there already, sweating and practicing his off.  He smiled at them, acting normal, but truth be told his stomach slightly hurt a bit, but it was no problem, there were pangs that lasted a few minutes here and there.  Sunggyu learned to shrug it off and endure it.

Sunggyu was resting and drinking some water while wiping his sweat away, watching the rest of infinite stretching, getting ready to practice.

"Hey but where's Woohyun?"  Dongwoo asked as everyone else shrugged.

"Probably hurrying here."  Myungsoo said.  Then, speaking of the devil, Woohyun came in panting and slightly sweating.  He sprinted to the practice room.

"Woohyun.  Hey. You're late."  Sungyeol said as a matter-of-factly, looking at Woohyun through the mirror.

Woohyun ignored the others and walked towards Sunggyu who was sitting down and looking at him, "Being late isnt good Woohyun.  You know how much we have to practice-"

"You know what else isnt good?"  Woohyun asked, now a bit angry.. He still couldnt believe the paper... but ... if... IF sunggyu confirmed it... Well... A mix of emotions was about to pour in.

Sunggyu simply stared at him waiting for him to say something but all Woohyun was doing was glaring at him.  The other members could feel the tension in the room as all eyes were on the two best friends.

"If you have something to say then say it."  Sunggyu said angry that Woohyun was glaring and looking down at him. He was still the leader and the hyung.. even if he was dying.

"Why dont you tell me about this?"  Woohyun angry pulled the paper out as Sunggyu widenened his eyes, speechless.. But he made him promise..  He never broke promises.

The other members were curious as they strained to see what the paper said.  But sunggyu snatched it.  Woohyun still held onto it, refusing to let go.  Glaring at the leader.

Sunggyu was now glaring back, "I thought i said not to read this... Were you always this kind of person?  Breaking promises? Lying?"

"ISNT HYUNG THE ONE THAT'S LYING?!"  Woohyun yelled back all of a sudden, which surprised everyone, even Sunggyu.

After a few seconds of awkward silence, Sunggyu spoke up, calm, "Woohyun.  Lets take this outside-"
"NO HYUNG!"  Woohyun yelled back, his voice breaking because tears were swelling up. Why isnt he telling him that it was a prank?? that it was a mistake?? a fake??  WHY?!

Sunggyu looked at him with a shocked expression.

Woohyun took steps back from Sunggyu with the paper as Sunggyu accidentally let his grip soften from it.  Sunggyu eyed Woohyun as he stepped back, with his back towards the other members.

"Tell me.. TELL ME that THIS is a fake!"  Woohyun said as he pointed angrily at the paper, one hot drop of angry tear falling down his cheek.  He was slightly trembling.

"Woohyun... What the heck's the matter?-"  Hoya asked trying to calm him down but then he stopped short as he glanced at the word cancer on the paper.  Hoya was speechless... Cancer?.. the heck?...  Once the other memnbers' saw hoya's expression they all gathered to see what was on the paper and also stopped short.

Sunggyu felt his face grow hot and red.  He couldnt handle this... this was the LAST thing that he wanted... and Woohyun had to go and break his damn promise.. No he couldnt blame Woohyun.. After all, HE was the one that was lying.  Sunggyu didnt know what to say or do so he decided to take this time to take his stuff, water bottle and towel and leave the room but he felt a hand grabbing onto his wrist.  He looked around to see Hoya with angry tears around his eyes.

"H-Hyung.."  He said but couldnt say anymore or else the tears wouldve fallen.  He instead bit his bottom lip wanting an explanation and not letting his hyung's wrist go.  Sunggyu looked back at the others.  He sighed, then smiled which surprised and further angered the younger members.

"Dont worry."  Sunggyu said, still smiling, while softly taking Hoya's hand off of his wrist.  "The doctor himself told me that after a few treatments i should get better."  He lied once again to his dongsaengs.  Even though they didnt believe him, their angry gazes softened a bit.

"Are you lying to us again hyung?"  Woohyun angrily stepped forward, wanting Sunggyus lie to be true.

Sunggyu looked over at Woohyun as he walked up to his best friend, *Sorry...* "No im not. Trust me. Remember, i'm still infinite's leader."  He said patting Woohyun's back.  Then slowly tears started to spill from woohyun's eyes.

"Promise me."  Woohyun said, his voice breaking as he was sniffling slightly, "Promise me you wont leave."

Sunggyu's gaze shifted from guilt to a bitter smile, "... I promise."

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------