Ch. 2

Everything's Golden

Yay! Chapter 2 everyone!! I really wanted to get this out sooner, but we've been having a crazy heatwave, so it's been wayyyy too hot to be in my room on my desktop. If only my laptop still worked. Not that you guys cared about any of that. So without further ado, the next chapter. Please enjoy!

 

--------------------------

 

The next morning, Tiffany made sure she woke up and got ready in time for work. No repeat performances today, though that didn't stop her boss from calling Tiffany into her office the moment she walked into the work room. 
 
"Oh, come on, Suzy. I think I paid my dues already," Tiffany whined as she walked into her boss' spacious office. She was always jealous of her boss for having such an office. It had large floor-to-ceiling windows that had a great view of the city and the Bay Bridge. There was a large frosted glass desk situated in front of the windows with her boss' high back burgundy leather executive chair behind it. In front of the desk were a pair of matching burgundy leather armchairs that just so happened to be quite comfortable if Tiffany remembered correctly. To Tiffany's left was an oversized cherry wood bookshelf filled with magazines and fashion books. To her right was a long glass work table covered in cloth samples and photos of the models Jiyong took pictures of just last week.
 
Tiffany's own office wasn't too bad though. It was a decent size, but it only had one small window that didn't really face much except for the building next to theirs. However, it was definitely better than the cubicle she once occupied when she first started at the company.
 
"As fun as it was having you as my personal assistant yesterday," her boss started to say as the tall blonde took a seat behind her large glass desk. "That isn't what I called you in for." 
 
Tiffany looked a bit confused. "So then...?" 
 
"Close the door and have a seat," her boss instructed. Tiffany did as she was told, closing the door and then taking a seat on one of the leather armchairs. 
 
"CSH Inc. called me this morning," Suzy announced as Tiffany sat down. This completely peaked the younger one's attention.  
 
"They liked what they heard from your presentation yesterday. Actually, they liked it a lot. So much so that they are offering you a managerial position at their company." 
 
Tiffany's jaw dropped. "You're kidding, right?" 
 
"I wish I was considering how much of a prized employee you are here, but this is a huge opportunity for you, Tiffany. Only a fool would turn down a job offer from CSH." 
 
The huge smile that was on Tiffany's face faded a little and her boss noticed. 
 
"What's wrong?" Suzy asked. 
 
"I've been with you and this company for 5 years now and I've loved every moment of it," Tiffany began to answer. 
 
"And...?" 
 
"I don't feel right leaving you guys," Tiffany finished while slumping into her chair. 
 
Suzy smiled at her lightly as she rested her forearms on her desk and clasped her hands together. 
 
"I appreciate your loyalty, Tiffany, but it'd be so wrong to keep you here for that fact alone. Fortunately, CSH is a brother company of ours, so in a way you're not really leaving us. You're just going off to do bigger and better things," Suzy tried to appease her. 
 
"I don't know still," Tiffany replied. 
 
Her boss looked a bit skeptical. "Are you sure you don't know? I saw how excited you were once I said CSH was offering you a job."
 
"Yeah and then you mentioned how I was a prized employee here and that just made me think."
 
"Like I said earlier, only a fool would turn down a job offer from CSH. BUT...if you're really unsure, take a couple of days to think about it. They've given you until Friday to give them an answer," Suzy informed her.
 
"Then think about it I shall," Tiffany said, the joyful smile returning to her pretty little face.
 
Her boss smiled again herself. "Alright, well, you do that and then get back to me ASAP."
 
"Sure thing," Tiffany said as she stood up. She then thanked her boss before walking back out towards her office.
 
 
--------------
 
 
The rest of the morning, Tiffany's thoughts revolved around whether or not she should take the job offer. Suzy wasn't kidding. Only a fool would pass up on an opportunity like this. So why was she even debating on taking the job or not? CSH Inc. was one of the leading fashion advertising companies in the country -- a huge notch above Starling, the company she was currently working for. On top of that, it was a managerial position. A position she's been wanting for the last year and a half. Clearly she should've accepted the offer on the spot. So what was keeping her from doing so?
 
The brunette shook her head, not wanting to think about it any longer. At least not until she got some food into her system. So after saving some files on her desktop that she'd been working on all that morning, she got up, grabbed her purse, and proceeded to take her lunch break.
 
She headed for the elevator, pressed the down button when she got there, and then waited for the doors to open. When the doors did open, she suddenly realized that one of the reasons why she didn't want to leave was standing right inside.
 
"Jiyong oppa," she smiled happily.
 
"My beautiful dongsaeng," he smiled back. Tiffany quickly entered the elevator and gave him a hug.
 
"Headed to lunch?" he asked keeping an arm around her shoulders as they stood back and waited for the elevator to reach the bottom floor.
 
"Yeah. I'm famished. How about you? Ooh. Let's go grab something together if you're on your lunch break too," she suggested.
 
"Oh. I would if I could. I'm sorry," he answered apologetically, which only caused the younger to pout.
 
"You're so cute," Jiyong playfully tapped on her pouting lips. Tiffany giggled at the gesture. 
 
"I'm actually headed out to pick up my hyung I was telling you about," Jiyong went on to say as the elevator stopped on one of the floors. The doors opened and three people came in. The two friends both smiled as a friendly gesture and moved over a bit to give the people some space.
 
"What's his name anyways?" Tiffany continued the conversation after the doors closed again and the elevator proceeded its descent. 
 
"Seunghyun. Seunghyun Choi," her oppa answered. "We've known each other since we were kids."
 
"Aww," Tiffany cooed while looking up at Jiyong, who in turn, blushed slightly. “Just like me and Taeng.”
 
“Actually, yeah. I didn’t even think about it like that,” the photographer realized.
 
“Well, now you know,” Tiffany said smugly, which caused her oppa to ruffle her hair.
 
“Oppa,” she squealed, patting down her mused hair, and turning slightly to look at the people next to them. The three other occupants tried to act as though they didn’t see anything, but it was so obvious in their faces that they were trying not to laugh.
 
Tiffany turned back to Jiyong and pouted playfully from the slight embarrassment she was feeling. In any other scenario, she wouldn’t have cared less that her best friend just ruffled her hair. But there were witnesses this time. People she didn’t know, standing right there. 
 
Jiyong ended up pulling her into a side-hug and apologized. Not that he really had to. This was how the friends were. Always playful.
 
Not so soon enough, the elevator finally came to another stop and dinged, announcing that they have arrived to their desired floor. As the doors opened, Jiyong looked down at his watch.
 
“Oh man! I’m running late,” he realized as he walked out of the elevator with Tiffany.
 
“Then you should go,” Tiffany stated the obvious. Jiyong just smirked.
 
“Alright. Well, you enjoy your lunch then. I’ll call or text you later about tonight,” he said.
 
“Ok. Drive safely,” she replied. 
 
“Will do,” Jiyong tossed out before running out of the building.
 
 
--------------
 
 
“Mr. Choi, we’re about to make our final descent into San Francisco now. The pilot has requested that you put away all your electronics and fasten your seatbelt,” said the flight attendant with the pretty red hair that was tied up in a lose bun.
 
“Thank you,” Seunghyun responded as he began putting away his laptop. 
 
The young CEO wasn’t one to waste time, especially during a flight cross-country. So for the last 5 hours, he was on his laptop looking through different business proposals, approving or disapproving all design ideas, answering all his emails, and communicating back and forth with his assistant, Seungri, who was already in San Francisco getting things ready for Seunghyun's arrival.
 
All that busy work left him oblivious to the constant staring made by the flight attendant and the not-so-innocent lingering of fingers whenever she handed him his drink or food request. It wouldn’t have mattered to Seunghyun anyways even if he did notice. The flight attendant, Kali or Kelly or something with a K, he couldn’t remember what she said, was definitely pretty, but not his type. After years of being approached by women of every walks of life, the one thing Seunghyun knew was that he didn’t like women who were obviously attracted to him. He liked it when they were mysterious and unreadable…like himself.
 
After putting all his things away and buckling his seatbelt, Seunghyun sat back and waited as the pilot made a safe landing.
 
 
--------------
 
 
Jiyong actually made it to the airport on time and was able to pull into an area near the runway his hyung would be arriving on since the older man was traveling via private plane.
 
After parking his car, Jiyong got out, slightly relieved his friend wasn’t there yet. Seunghyun was a stickler for punctuality, something the younger found out a few years ago when he went to visit his hyung in New York. He shivered slightly remembering the poor young man who got an ear-full from his CEO hyung. Jiyong wasn't sure if punctuality applied to Seunghyun's close friends, but he sure wasn't going to find out. 
 
Jiyong leaned up against the trunk of his car as he saw a private plane land. He could only assume it was Seunghyun’s plane.
 
The plane squeaked as the wheels hit the runway and soon made its way to the area Jiyong was at. There were a couple of other cars waiting with him too, each with their own private drivers dressed up in black suits, indicating that Seunghyun wasn’t the only passenger on this flight.
 
A couple minutes went by after the plane came to a halt before the door opened up. He saw one of the flight attendants make sure that the door was completely open before standing back ready to bid the passengers adieu. 
 
The first passenger out was an older gentleman dressed to the tee in a nicely fitted black suit, turquoise tie, and black leather shoes. He was quickly whisked away in one of the cars Jiyong noticed earlier. The second passenger was another older gentleman, this time with a dark navy suit, striped tie, and brown leather shoes. He was driven away in the last remaining car, which meant Seunghyun should be out next. Except that he wasn’t. A few minutes had passed since the last passenger stepped out and there was still no sign of his hyung. 
 
“Is this not the right plane?” Jiyong asked out loud, getting a little worried. He was about to reach for his phone when he saw movement from the door again. He looked and sure enough it was Seunghyun. The older one quickly made his way down the steps with nothing but his Thom Browne leather bag in hand. He looked good as always though. Jiyong noted the designer sunglasses and his perfectly coiffed jet black hair. He was wearing a long dark designer coat, folded slightly at the cuffs that were accentuated by navy blue and white stripes. Underneath the coat was a white button up Thom Browne shirt that was loosely tucked into a pair of dark stone-washed skinny jeans. The jeans were cuffed at the ankles to show off his ivory leather loafers. The entire look was the epitome of comfortable sophistication.
 
As Seunghyun made his way towards Jiyong, the latter noticed a red headed flight attendant coming to stand at the plane’s door with her hands on her hips and staring daggers into the back of his hyung’s head. Something obviously happened in the plane.
 
"Wow hyung. Way to make an entrance," Jiyong commented as the older came strolling towards him. 
 
"Says the guy with a white Bentley parked on the side of an airport runway," Seunghyun replied, pointing towards the younger‘s ride. 
 
“True,“ Jiyong smiled as he came and gave his hyung a big hug. “It’s good seeing you again.”
 
“It’s good seeing you,” the older reciprocated the sentiment as they pulled away from the hug.
 
“So is that all you have with you?” Jiyong wondered as he looked down at the only thing Seunghyun had with him.
 
“Pretty much. I had my assistant bring all my clothes with him when I had him fly out here a couple days ago.”
 
“Wow, hyung,” Jiyong was amazed. “Slave driver much?”
 
“What are assistants for, right?” Seunghyun joked. Jiyong just shook his head as he motioned for his hyung to get into the car.
 
“What was up with the red head looking like she wants to kill you btw?” Jiyong went on to question as he started the engine and pulled away from the runway.
 
“She was being a little unprofessional during the flight, so I had a few words with the pilot about her.” Apparently Seunghyun did notice the things the flight attendant was doing. Of course he would, right?
 
“Unprofessional? How so?”
 
“She kept staring at me and whenever she handed me my drink, she’d let her fingers linger on my hand. And I guess, the less I paid her mind, the more she stared. It was creepy,” Seunghyun explained, which made Jiyong laugh.
 
“You can’t blame her for staring though, hyung. You’re way too gorgeous for your own good. And what’s wrong with someone staring as long as they’re good looking too? From what I saw, she was pretty cute,” Jiyong said.
 
“Don’t even start with me, Ji. And why are you looking at other girls for? You’re married,” Seunghyun reminded him.
 
“Don’t worry, hyung. My eyes are only for Taeyeon," Jiyong thought happily. "I can’t wait for you to meet her.”
 
“And I can’t wait to meet her either, especially since she’s turned my best friend into a little love sick puppy,” he playfully looked disgusted.
 
“As if, hyung,” he reached over to punch the older on the shoulder while keeping his eyes on the road. Seughyun grabbed his shoulder before punching Jiyong back.
 
“That’s mean, hyung,” Jiyong shook his head.
 
“You started it,” Seunghyun shot back.
 
After a moment of silence, the two old friends laughed over their momentary lapse of childish behavior. Even as they got older, some things just never changed.
 
"Anyways, hyung, I invited Taeyeon's best friend to come with us tonight. She's like one of my best friends too, so I hope you don't mind. I just figured my wife would need someone there just in case we started to get carried away with catching up," Jiyong brought up.
 
Seunghyun side-eyed the younger suspiciously. "Is that the real reason?" he had to ask.
 
Jiyong rolled his eyes. "Really, hyung? Really? I'm not trying to set you up with her if that's what you're assuming."
 
After those words left his mouth, Jiyong mentally laughed to himself remembering how Tiffany reacted the same way.
 
"Good," Seunghyung said. "I just got out of a relationship and I'm not necessarily ready to get back out onto the dating scene."
 
"Wait. What?" Jiyong was surprised. "You were dating someone? Who?"
 
"It doesn't matter now. I just want to forget about it," Seunghyun stated while crossing his arms and looking out the window.
 
"I take it didn't end well."
 
Seunghyun turned back to look at the younger one. "And what gave you that impression?"
 
"Alright. So we won't talk about the mysterious ex. Can we at least talk about our dinner plans? I still need to text Tiffany about tonight?" Jiyong went on to say.
 
"Tiffany?" Seunghyun questioned.
 
"Yeah. That's Taeyeon's bestie," Jiyong informed him.
 
"Is she white?"
 
Jiyong laughed. "No. She's Korean. Just like us."
 
"Oh. Ok. The name just threw me off."
 
"Yeah. I can see why. Her last name is Hwang if that helps."
 
"It does."
 
Jiyong smirked while shaking his head. His hyung sure could be silly sometimes.
 
"So, what time should we all meet? I'm sure you'd want to rest and freshen up first," he goes on to ask.
 
Seunghyun looked down at his gold watch. The time read 1:23. It wasn't a long flight, but Jiyong was right. He wanted to rest and freshen up before dinner later.
 
"How about 7?" he figured.
 
"7 sounds good. Any requests for destination? If not, we can go to Boulevard. Great food. Great atmosphere. And their desserts are to die for. I know how much of a sweet tooth you have, hyung."
 
"Sure. Sounds good."
 
"Cool. I'll let the girls know."
 
 
 
 
--------------------------
 
Whew! I'm so glad to have gotten this chapter up. Is it ok? Sorry if it was on the boring side. I kind of just wanted to get this out. I'm sure you're all happy to meet TOP in this chapter though right? I so at describing people. Describing anything actually, but here's a visual reference to what I was picturing TOP to be wearing as he exited the plane.
Haha. Yes. It's GD, but I gave his clothes to his hyung. Which really isn't a big deal since they tend to share clothes in real life anyways. Haha.
 
Yeah. So, please comment. Let me know how I'm doing as I start on the next chapter for you all. Again, thanks for subscribing and thanks for being patient! ^^