If only I knew...

❝Don't Cry, You Are Loved.❞

 

 

3 months earlier

 

“What day are we today?” Chanyeol asked with a sleepy hoarse voice.

“15 may!” you smiled and Chanyeol’s fluffy hair.

“Waaah, you’re something Rose!” he smiled when he felt you his hair.

“Wae?” you stopped.

“Ah, why did you stop?” he whined and dragged your hand back to his hair.

“Wae?” you smiled at his cuteness and started his hair again.

“Ahh” he sighed, “can we stay like that forever?” he closed his eyes and smiled.

“In an hospital bed? No way. I hate hospitals.”

“Mmm…” he scratched the edge of his nose. “I’m at ease in hospitals, me.”

“Wah! You’re so weird!”

“Maybe.” He laughed and turned around, resting his head on your chest.

“You know, when we’re like that, I don’t hate hospital beds.” You play with his hair.

“Me neither” he smirked.

“But I’m wondering, how is it that you’re at ease in hospitals…?”

“Heh, because I stayed in this hospital for three years.”

“…”

“Chanyeol…”

“Why did you stop playing with my hair? I liked it.”

“How…?” you started playing with his hair again.

“When I was 11, I woke up here. The doctors said that I was in coma for a year. And why three years? Because when I woke up I forgot everything. I even forgot how to speak, and walk… Since I was still young I learned quickly. That’s why I stayed for two years after I woke up. So… here is like my home… I don’t remember what’s really a home though… But I suppose I considered the hospital as my house. Baekhyun’s parents adopted me. They said they were my parents’ college friends… But I don’t remember them either. I don’t know anything about them, just that they are already dead.” He slowly explained. He didn’t want you to pity him and sound pathetic but his shaky voice betrayed him.

“Chanyeol!!!” you pressed his head again your chest. I knew it. I knew it… Something bad happened! My Chanyeol, what exactly happened to you that you had to pass through this?

“J-Jangmi…” he sobbed. “aish… I’m crying in the arms of my girlfriend… pathetic…” he dryly laughed, wrapping his arms around you.

“I’m crying too, pabo. You know I hate crying…” you kiss his head.

“Jangmi...” he his head against his chest, “you’re the first person I told, besides Baekhyun nobody knows.”

“I’m here now, I’m here… everything’s gonna be okay”

“I love you, Jangmi.”

“…”

“Raise your head, Chanyeol.”

“Uh?” he did as he was told and observed you sitting up. He did the same and looked at you with those irresistible big puppy eyes. You felt a pang in your heart when you saw the teardrops rolling down his cheeks. You inched closer to him and wiped his tears with flying kisses.

“One kiss to make you stop crying” you kissed his forehead.

“One kiss to make me stop crying” you kissed his right cheek.

“One kiss to make you smile” you kissed his left cheek.

You glanced at him, and indeed, you dried his tears, and yours stopped flowing too. And you two were now smiling.

“And… one kiss to show you how much you are loved.” You aimed for his lips. A smirk appeared on Chanyeol’s face as he observed you staring at his lips, inching closer and closer. When only a few millimeters space was separating you from Chanyeol, you locked eyes with him.

“Don’t, cry, you are loved.” You gently kissed his upper lip.

“Because I love you.” You kissed his lower lip.

“and-“

“Jangmi!” he pressed his lips against yours. He put a hand down your neck and brought you closer. He wants you so badly. He loves you so much that he fears that love with overflow from his body. When he felt you kissing back, he deepened the kiss. He wants to discover every atom of your body. He wants you wholly. His hand travelled by your hair down your back. You captured him with your legs and wrapped your arms around his neck, brushing his fluffy hair here and there. You could keep going on like that forever but suddenly Chanyeol stopped as he left your lips and pulled away, leaving you frustrated like hell.

“Chanyeol?”

“Shhh!” he smacked his hand over your mouth, “I heard footsteps…”

“WHAT?!” you screamed as you removed his hand from your mouth.

“Don’t yell!!!” he half-laughed while trying to cover your mouth.

 

 

“Yeah, and then you know what she said?”

“what what what?”

“I LIKE YOU! She yelled it like that!”

“Waa- what the?”

 

“Lay? Xiumin? Ha-ha-ha, what are you doing here?” Chanyeol asked as he suddenly got out of the bed.

“Wow, why do this feel awkward?” Xiumin laughed and nudged Lay, pointing you with his chin. You were rolled up in your covers hiding you fuming cheeks. Your hair was messy and you were nervously playing with your toes. Chanyeol was standing there, all stiff, like he was in the army.

“Salute!” Xiumin yelled, making fun of Chanyeol.

“Salute!” Chanyeol dumbly responded.

“…”

“What the… okay…” Lay rubbed his neck before speaking, “Rose, we came to pick you up!” he smiled and sat next to you on the bed.

“asdfghjkdfdgfhfdl”

“Raise your head I didn’t understand a single thing of what you just said” he patted your head.

“I said, I can’t!” you finally tore your face from the cover. The boys gasped at your sight, they almost didn’t recognize you. Sure, your hair was messy, but not because of that. It was your expression. Your girly expression. Your cheeks were all red and your lips were a bit swollen and red like red roses. Your eyes were shining bright.

“uhmm… why?” Lay got out of the bed.

“We’re Friday. The annoying nurse said that I couldn’t leave before Monday.” You ran a hand through your hair.

“Aaaah, no… It’s all done now.” Xiumin wagged his finger.

“Uh?” you frowned.

“We came with Suho, and even if he had to leave before seeing you, he insisted on paying your bill. So when he paid, he talked to the doctors for you, and they said that it was okay to let you go today.” He nodded to himself.

“BWOH?” you jumped out of the bed and went to Xiumin. “You sure? I can go out of here?” you held Xiumin’s shoulders.

He nodded, “Yup!”

“Owww, you’re so cute today, you know that?” you pinched his cheeks, “my little baozi!”

“yah yah yah!” Chanyeol pushed your hands away from Xiumin, “stop it, I don’t like that’” he put a possessive arm before you.

“Aigooo… your boyfriend is jealous” Lay snapped from behind you.

“Hehe” you giggled to yourself, “oh by the way, what were you talking about before entering the room… ?”

“Sevda didn’t tell you yet?” Xiumin asked.

“Said what?”

“She’s dating Lay.”

“WHAT?” you beamed and turned to Lay. “Seriously?!”

“Err… yes… but I sent you a text, didn’t you read it? Sevda too…” he replied.

“Ah… uh I didn’t check my phone for a while…” you explained, searching for it. “Can you pass me my phone?” you asked, when you spotted it on the bedside.

“Where?”

“Bedside.”

“Oh.” He grabbed it, “there”

“Thanks Lay’s.”

“It’s Lay.”

“Yeah but I love chips.”

“laaaame”

“Did you just say your name is lame? Wow” you hissed while looking at your texts. “15 texts. Wow. I’m gonna answer all of them now?”

“Do it once we’re out” Chanyeol proposed.

“Ani, I want to do it now. Or else I’ll forget.”

 

From: Bambi

Hey, yesterday I went to Baehyun’s bakery. It was so funny to watch him drooling over Sulli. Hahaha I’m dying to tell everyone!

 

➝ Niark niark, nasty bambi!

 

From: Kyungsoo

Rose, when are you coming out of the hospital? Tell me, I want you to come over; I will make a good dinner for you. Bring you boyfriend with you!

 

➝ Oh! Yay! It’s a good idea! I heard from Kai that your cooking was the best. He even said that it was better than mine, this kid. I miss you!!!

 

From: Chen

TROLLING YOU! You’re still stuck in that hospital jail? Hah!

 

➝ Jerk. Want to die early, Chen?

 

From: Baekhyun

Hey, because of you Luhan’s giving me a hard time, nagging about Sulli.

I hate you!

 

➝ Yeah yeah, chuuuuu ∼∼

 

From: My Enzo ♥

Noona… I miss you… and your cooking. Su Yon’s yucky. Come back quickly.

Oh, by the way, did you read Naruto’s new chapter? It’s awesome.

 

➝ I miss you too… But you know you can’t say that demon’s cooking is bad, right? She’s your future wife, you must get used to it! (and yeah, I’ve read it from my phone, awesome!)

 

From: The demon ♥

YAH! Your brother is a pain in the ! He’s always whining about your cooking, bring your back quickly or I’ll die!

 

➝ Shut up.

 

From: My princess ♥

Unnie, I miss your pancakes. Come back quickly ∼∼! Oh, and by the way… With Lay… I’m kind of dating him… I’m so happy!

 

➝ Lay just told me!!! I’m so happy for you!!!!

Aww I miss you!

 

From: Tao

Rose, I’m bored.

 

➝ Ok, Tao.

 

From: Lay’s

Rose… are you okay? I asked you that a lot lately huh? Sorry.

By the way, Sevda told you right? We’re dating… I’m so happy…

 

No need to answer for that.

 

From: Xiumin

We’re coming to pick you up Rose!

 

No need too.

 

From: Suho

Rose, are you feeling better?

Sorry, I was planning to visit you but something came up at house, so I just left like that… I’m the worse…

 

➝ What are you talking about? You don’t even need to feel sorry, idiot.

Anyway, thank you a looooooot for what you did… The bill, I will pay you back, silly. But talking to the doctors for me… I won’t EVER forget!! Thank you!!! Xiumin and Lay came to pick me up, we’ll see each other soon!

 

From: Kris

Rose, I hope you will better. Text me when you’re out. Everyone’s missing you, come back quickly!

 

➝ Hehe, I feel better now… Xiumin and Lay came to pick me up, so we’ll see each other soon!

 

From: Sehun

I heard form Xiumin that they’re picking you up. I can’t wait, I miss you!

 

➝ Oww I missed our little baby too!

 

From: Jongin ♥

Jangmi… Suho told me the guys were picking you up. Hurry up and come back already, I miss you…

 

➝ I missed you too, silly. I’m coming right away.

 

Oh a new text… Who is- tss….

 

From: The giant ♥

When will you finish this? You’re totally ignoring us. I thought you wanted to go out of this “jail” quickly?

 

“Arasso, arasso!!!” you turned and yelled at Chanyeol, “I just finished okay?”

“Okay, okay, we’re going to wait outside, dress up.” He approached you and squeezed your shoulders.

“I will do it quickly.” You kissed him on the cheek before going to the restroom, “Oh, wait a minute!” you shouted from the door.

“Umm?”

“What time is it?”

”Uuh…” Chanyeol checked his phone, “19h37, why?”

“I guess we’ll get to taste Kyungsoo’s dinner.”

 

∼∼∼

 

“May 15, 2013… 19h37. That day. If only I knew what would happen four hours later, I would have kissed him more. While I still could. But today, it’s too late.”

 

 

❀❀❀❀

 

Sorry, I'm gonna torture you guys a little bit more before exposing what happened... Curious? kekekekeke

Maybe next chapter? 

 

XOXO