Getting Him A New Girlfriend

12 Dates

  Getting Jiyong a new girlfriend turned out to be a lot harder than I had expected. For one thing, none of the girls at school seemed quite right for him. At first, I thought it would be a whole lot easier because there are so many girls in Seoul High that can actually be Jiyong's girlfirend but when I decided to be more specific, every girl had their own fatal flaw. Sandara Park talked too much. Totally not Ji's type. Seo Joohyun was too quiet and passionate. Jiyong do not like to do all the talking and planning relationships. Ahn So Hee was rumoured to have cheated on her last boyfriend. There's no way I want Ji to end up with someone who might betray him.

 "What about Park Ji Yeon?" Tiffany had asked one day when we were eating lunch together. She still didn't want me to do this whole break up with Ji thingy but at least she seemed to be helping out. 

 "You mean little miss peppy-peppy cheerleader?" I sipped my iced tea. "Ugh. I don't think so. Ji doesn't go for that type."

 "Right," Tiffany rolled her eyes. "You know, funny how no one is actually Ji's type. You can just say you don't want to go through this."

"Nope, guess again," I picked up my sandwich and took a bite. "Ji is different remember? I need a perfect girl for him to give my plan the best chance to work."

"Right." Tiffany said and sort of smirked.

****

 "Check it out," I said to Jiyong. "There's Im Yoona. She looks really pretty in that outfit, doesn't she?"

  He barely looked up from his music sheets he's been holding. It's a new song he has been working on. "Huh?" he said, glancing briefly at Yoona who was walking farther with her friends down the block. "Oh. I guess. But listen, don't you think we should check out our costumes for the Ball. People are doing so and the good ones always go fast. What do you say we go as reindeer this year?"

 "Maybe." I twitched my lips. "Hey, did you know Yoona is a great cook? I heard she won some kind of cooking competition! She must have been really good."

 "Not right now, sweetie." Jiyong writing more music notes on his music sheets. Totally focused on what he's doing. "Mr. Yang will kill me if I don't hand in this song on time." 

 "Oh right, okay." I stared at him. He was beautiful. His eyes looking down at the sheets. You know the colour of the chocolate chips on homemade cookies? That's the colour of his almond-like eyes. "I would like to listen to it once you're done."

 "Definitely." He smiled. 

  I shoved my hands in my pocket as I watched Jiyong doing his work. We're at the playground. The neighbourhood is busy putting up decorations. Right, Christmas is coming.

 Eli's mum, my aunt, is in charge of decorating for the Ball. Helping out with that keep Tiffany and I pretty busy. The Ball is just around the corner and I can feel the excitement from the students. But not me. I know Jiyong and I will no longer be together that night. Oh stop it Jessica. I should be happy, Jiyong will attend with some other girl and that girl will be found by me soon. 

*****

 I opened the door hoping to see Goo Hara who should be doing History project with me. 

"Oh hey, Tiff." She came in and give me a hug. "Did not expect me did you?" she asked.

"Nope, Hara, the girl from my History class?" I broke the hug and we walked to the living room where I offered her to sit.

"Oh yes, I know her. Why is she coming? Setting her up with Jiyong?" Tiffany asked again.

 "History project. Wanted to but she's dating that Junhyung guy from the Basketball team, I guess?"

"Football team." she corrected me. "I need to talk to you. I need help. You know that girl Taeyeon who lives across the street from me, right?" 

"You mean the new blonde girl whose family had just moved from Busan? Yeah. What about her?"

"Well you know she's kinda new here," Tiffany followed me to the kitchen to make us both a cup of hot chocolate. "So she doesn't really know that many people and she's going to a fund-raising stuffs I didn't quite hear what she said but she asked me to find a date for her. She wants someone classy that can pull off a suit and tie." Tiffany shrugged.

"So I thought of Eli but knowing Eli hates getting dressed up and he hates listening to speeches. He'll never do it." she looked at me, sipping her hot chocolate that we just made.

"What about Jiyong?" I asked.

 "What about him?" Tiffany looked genuinely confused before her eyes grew wider than ever. "No, you're not thinking of sending him with Taeyeon are you?"

 I shrugged. "Sure, why not? I think Taeyeon is fine. I mean she's pretty and have you heard her sing last two weeks at the music room? Her voice is amazing. Jiyong loves girls with amazing voice. Plus he loves suits and ties."

"He only loves your voice Jessica. Anyway, are you sure about this? Taeyeon doesn't seem like Jiyong's type either. Besides, Ji hates sitting and long speeches just as much as Eli does." Tiffany said.

"That's because I'm the only girl that has sung to him. Yes I know, I know but Taeyeon is the closest to Ji's type don't you think so? She's beautiful, she can sing and Ji likes shorter-than-him girls. Ji will be bored to death but it doesn't matter alright?" I sighed.

"I don't know Jess," Tiffany sounded troubled. "The second thing is, knowing Jiyong who is so nice to you, will he accept it? Going out with another girl? Hello, we're talking about Kwon Jiyong here. He has never looked at other girls and you want him to go out with another girl and still, Taeyeon is not his type!" 

"Maybe he will if I ask him too. He never said no to me." I reached out for my hot chocolate and gave Tiffany a sly look. "You said yourself opposite attracts."

 She groaned and I chuckled.

 

______________________________________________________________________________________

Author's note: Re-wrote a longer one yay!