Peter Pan.

EXO: XOXO (Kiss & Hug) Album Fics

Pairing: Chanyeol & D.O./Kyungsoo (Chansoo)

Rating: PG

---

A/N: I'm honestly just putting my own spin on what I think that the song is about, I'll probably look up lyrics for the songs that I have no idea about. Hopefully you guys enjoy this! Written with "Peter Pan" on repeat.

This is just a one shot c:

---

The breeze felt nice against Kyungsoo's warm skin. It was way too hot in the house, but no one listened to him when he suggested that they turn on the air conditioning. So he decided to take matters into his own hands, his fingers catching onto the latch of his window before letting the cool air hit his face.

It was already around 11 at night, way past his usual curfew for a Thursday night, but Kyungsoo didn't care. He wanted to feel the wind against his cheeks as his full lips spread into an easy smile.

"Ah." The 17-year-old sighed into the chilly air, pleasurable prickles of air hitting his cheeks.

Kyungsoo leaned more fully onto the ledge of his large window, his eyes catching on the little blips of light in the city below him. The occasional car and the lights from the windows of nearby hotels and apartments next to his own apartment, and suddenly Kyungsoo felt lucky that their apartment was high enough to overlook the bustling city from above.

Leaning onto his palms, Kyungsoo tilted himself forward, gazing down at the moving flashes of the headlights of cars darting in the city streets below him. The city lights seemed to distract him from everything going on in his life.

His slowly, but surely, dropping grades being the main highlight of dinner earlier that night. His parents nagging and nagging about how "he wouldn't get into a good college with those grades" or "how can you be a doctor like that". To which Kyungsoo would offer his usual rebuttal "but I don't want to be a doctor, I want to be an actor" and "my grades have always fluctuated, it won't change the overall grade at the end of year!"

Kyungsoo sighed again, this time in frustration at the constant nagging of his parents over something that he really had no control over so early in the school year. And to make matters worse, his parents just had to mention their protege of a son, or older brother in Kyungsoo's case, Luhan. 

"Luhan this, Luhan that. 'Why don't you become a doctor just like your brother Kyungsoo'-" the teen mocked his parents, his face contorting into a cruel imitation of the scowl that his father would give him almost every night, "Yadda yadda yadda, same thing every night."

Kyungsoo shifted so that his body now rested on the wooden frame of the large window before he outstretched an arm into the cool night air, letting the wind curl around his fingers and ghost over his palm. Kyungsoo felt his eyes cross as he watched the warm air he breathed out turn into visible vapor in front of his lips.

"I want to escape from here." Kyungsoo mused to himself, the truth in the statement almost throwing him off, if not for the fact that he had that same phrase in his head at least every other day.

The teen sighed for the upteenth time that night before resting his head against the window frame, his eyes raking over the flickering lights in the windows below before his eyes slipped closed.

---

Bang.

Kyungsoo's eyes flew open at the low, but loud noise that stirred him from his slumber. He blinked in confusion for a few moments before another sound met his ears.

"Footsteps?" Kyungsoo immediately looks towards his bedroom door, thinking that maybe one of his parents were awake and stomping around the house for some reason.

But the same low and loud pattering was heard, and Kyungsoo could tell that the noise was coming from above him.

'Above..?' Kyungsoo thought in his head, the confusion having grown with his grogginess fading. He rubbed one of his eyes as he leaned forward onto his other arm, looking up towards the roof, which he had an almost clear view of due to the fact that his room was on the top floor of the entire apartment complex.

His eyes strain against the dark as he looks up towards the roof, expecting to see a group of teenagers smoking on the roof like last week. What he didn't expect to see was a thin figure running, a small yellow light seeming to float besides the figure. 

"What the hell-" Kyungsoo mused aloud before he in a loud gasp- the figure had tripped and was now tumbling down the roof the small yellow light flitting around in swift, erratic movements.

The figure had rolled down to the edge of the roof almost in front of Kyungsoo's window before they caught themselves.

"Ah, that was close wasn't it Baekhyu-" The deep voice was cut off and Kyungsoo watched in horror as the figure had lost it's hold on the roof, and the body was now falling rapidly towards the ground.

Kyungsoo's eyes widened and he covered his gaping mouth with a hand, unsure if he should call 911 or if he was in a dream. 

'Holy holy holy shi-' Kyungsoo's nervous cursing in his head stopped when he saw a large hand grapple the edge of his window, pulling the rest of itself up and into the frightened teen's bedroom before he lay flat on the ground. 

The flickering yellow light was close behind the tall (or at least Kyungsoo thought they were tall, it was hard to tell when it was dark as and the other person was sprawled on his bedroom floor) before it flit into an open pocket on the person's shirt.

The tall figure groaned before they stood up, easily towering over Kyungsoo and the latter looked up with his widened eyes.

". Can't find it still." The tall mystery figure grumbled to themselves and before Kyungsoo could catch himself he muttered "Can't find what?" to the taller (male? female? demon?) figure.

Said figure almost jumped a foot in the air at the sudden introduction of a new voice to the (supposedly) empty room.

Kyungsoo walked slowly over to his bedroom door before he flicked the light switch on, and the (male) figure blinked his eyes a few times as they adjusted to the brightness.

"H-Hello?" Kyungsoo squeaked out, his initially-frightened eyes now rounding in curiosity as he looked up and down the tall male. Said male was dressed in all green, his shirt being a light green while his pants (tights?) were a dark forest green which matched the small hat atop his head. The taller male had brown leather shoes and a small vibrant orange feather tucked into the hat on his head.

The peculiarly dressed man only grinned at the other. "Hi there! I'm Chanyeol! And who're you?" His hazel eyes widened as he peered down at the smaller boy in front of him, he wasn't like the guys back at home.

Kyungsoo blinked rapidly for a couple seconds before he stuttered as he responded with a "I'm K-Kyungsoo.. Do Kyungsoo." His eyes went straight for the floor as he thought about what the was he gonna do with a tall grinning guy that just literally fell into his room.

"Kyung-sooo.." Chanyeol let the name roll of of his tongue, it was different.. and Chanyeol liked different. "I think I like you Do Kyungsoo!" The latter blushed but was knocked into by a small flash of light before it moved to perch itself onto Chanyeol's shoulder.

Chanyeol chuckled before he motioned to the light in an introduction, "Ah and this is my pixie, Baekhyun. He doesn't talk much but he's one of my closest buddies."

Kyungsoo's eyes widened. 'Pixie?' He leaned in closer to look at the ball of light. The particles seemed to get more and more concentrated until Kyungsoo could make out the face of said creature.

"Ah! Pixie!" Kyungsoo exclaimed his mouth hanging open a bit in awe. "That is so cool!" The shorter boy studied the little creature who was dressed similarly to Chanyeol. Said creature was standing with their legs spread apart, the underside of their chin visible as their head was turned upwards in a sign of superiority. Baekhyun's arms were folded in front of him, his lips in a hard line and his wings were pressed to his back.

Kyungsoo suddenly didn't know if he should feel awkward or inferior when the pixie looked down on him- literally. The sheer height of the other male over Kyungsoo made it  easy for the pixie to look down at the smaller male.

Chanyeol chuckled at the flustered look on Kyungsoo's face before he nudged the pixie with one of his fingers. "Yah, don't be rude Baek. Say hello."

Baekhyun's wings fluttered in distaste before he flew up and went to perch on Kyungsoo's shoulder. Kyungsoo looked with wide eyes to the creature on his shoulder before he saw the pixie point downwards. The small male's eyebrows furrowed in confusion.

"Lift your hand up, Kyungsoo." Chanyeol told the other, who complied uncertainly.

Baekhyun flew to the outstretched hand, his small feet landing lightly on the other's palm. His wings fluttered before they pressed to his back again. With a forced smile, Baekhyun bowed lowly before he went back up and blinked at the small male.

Kyungsoo smiled back in greeting and Baekhyun back flipped off of Kyungsoo's hand before his wings allowed him to flit back to his perch on Chanyeol's shoulder. Chanyeol smiled and shook his head at the pixie's antics. "Show off." He muttered to the creature, who only puffed his chest out in response and huffed out a little breath.

Chanyeol then looked at the other male, who was still staring at the pair in his bedroom. Kyungsoo's hand moved to his arm, pinching the skin hard.

Kyungsoo yelped before sighing. "Ah, not a dream then."

Chanyeol's eyes widened into saucers. "You think I'm not real? Oh no no no, if anything you should at least think that Baek here is real, you do.. don't you?"

Kyungsoo head tilted to the side a bit before he slowly nodded. "Yeah, I guess I do?" Chanyeol breathed a sigh of relief and Baekhyun seemed to lose tension in his body.

"That's good. You always have to believe in pixies and faeries. No matter what." Chanyeol nodded his head in affirmation and the pixie on his shoulder mirrored the movement.

Kyungsoo was about to ask why when his thoughts were cut off with Chanyeol in his space, grinning at him. "You're pretty Kyungsoo."

The shorter male felt his cheeks flush and he sputtered, backing away from the other. "N-No! I'm not! I don't know w-where you're from but guys are called 'handsome' not 'pretty'! T-That term is for girls!"

Chanyeol only smiled at the other male. "But you are pretty.. but you're just not a girl! It doesn't matter what you are! Pretty is pretty!" Chanyeol puffed his cheeks and his eyebrows furrowed.

Kyungsoo raised an eyebrow at the other with a smile on his face. He felt as though he was dealing with a toddler. A gigantic and handsome toddler, but a toddler nonetheless.

Kyungsoo chuckled and he raised a hand to pat the other's cheek. "Alright alright, Chanyeol, I'm pretty. Thank you." The smaller gave the other a large grin and Chanyeol mirrored before he moved back and sat on the ledge of the large window in Kyungsoo's bedroom. One of his large hands was on the side of the window, providing support for his large body as he kicked his legs and swung them. 

'Like a kid.' Kyungsoo mused in his head and he smiled at the taller male before moving to lean against on of his bedposts.

Kyungsoo crossed his arms and looked over at Chanyeol, as the latter's eyes looked around the bedroom, taking in the sight of a huge bookcase that stretched from one side of the room to the other, effectively covering the entire wall. To the small bed that Kyungsoo was leaning against and the dark gray bed sheets providing a cool contrast to the stark white walls adorned with black and white photos.

"Hey Chanyeol. I have a question for you." Kyungsoo switched his weight from his left foot to his right foot.

"Hm?" Chanyeol's head tilted to the side, his eyes seeming to sparkle a bit- not that Kyungsoo was staring at his eyes or anything like that.

"Okay. Why were you on the roof?" Kyungsoo pointed upwards towards his ceiling.

Chanyeol reached behind him to scratch at his neck. "Well.. uh, I was looking for something up there!"

"Up there. On the roof. In the middle of the night." Kyungsoo took on an 'are you ing kidding me' look as he answered the other.

Chanyeol only nodded his head vigorously before smiling sadly. "I kinda lost.. uhm my shadow. Would you have happened to see it by any chance?"

Kyungsoo blinked at his uninvited guest before his mouth gaped a bit. "Your...shadow?"

"Yes! Exactly! Have you seen it here?" Chanyeol lifted himself from the window's ledge and he began searching the ground even underneath the bed that Kyungsoo was leaning on.

'Is he on drugs or something? No wait...he does have a mythical creature on his shoulder.' Kyungsoo thought to himself as the small pixie flitted around Chanyeol's shoulders, looking around like Chanyeol was.

Kyungsoo saw movement in the corner of his eye and he thought it might have been a squirrel or something like that, but based on the height of the apartment complex he highly doubted it. He looked closely and he saw a small dark patch of-

"Shadow?" Kyungsoo pointed in the direction of the dark and slightly faded outline which was on one side of his bookcase.

Chanyeol's head whipped around and his face was filled with glee as he leapt for the shadow. To Kyungsoo's surprise, the shadow moved and Kyungsoo was greeted by a Chanyeol with a bright red mark on his forehead from where he bumped into the hard edge of the book case. The shadow moved to the base of Kyungsoo's bed and on reflex, Kyungsoo stepped on the edge of the shadow. And to his surprise -again- the shadow stayed put underneath his sock-clad feet.

Chanyeol sprung up and he didn't seem fazed by the fading red mark on his forehead so long as the shadow was there. Chanyeol bent over and grabbed the the leg of shadow and he shot up, pulling the shadow with him. The shadow flailed in the taller male's hold and Kyungsoo compared the image to a fisherman who had just caught a rather large fish. Except Chanyeol's fish was literally his size, dark, in two-dimensions, and it was struggling to free itself by swinging it's flimsy arms at Chanyeol's feet.

"Oh." Kyungsoo deadpanned as he saw the shadow move in Chanyeol's hold.

Chanyeol immedeatly looked up with a grin and a slight eye twitch paired with his overly excited smile. "I told you! My shadow! And good thing I found it, I needed it before I went back to Neverland."

Kyungsoo's already wide eyes almost bulged out of his skull. "N-Neverland? As in...Peter Pan Neverland?!" 

Chanyeol tilted his head in question but Kyungsoo was busy piecing everything together in his mind. So the weird outfit and the flying and the ing pixie...holy . Chanyeol was the Korean Peter Pan.

"Kyunggsooooo~" Chanyeol sing-songed.

Kyungsoo jumped back and his arms came up in a self-defensive position, Chanyeol had sung right into his ear, effectively sending a shudder through his figure before the smaller male jumped back and away from the other.

"W-What is it?" Kyungsoo's head was still reeling from the new information that he just received. If Chanyeol was the Korean Peter Pan..then this is just like the novel and-

"Could you help me with my shadow? I need someone to dew it on, and the only person that I know who can sew is my friend Suho from back home."

'The Lost Boys..' Kyungsoo mused in his head before he gave a weak smile and a nod to Chanyeol. "Yeah..yeah I'll help you."

'Holymothering does that make me ing Wendy?!' Kyungsoo thought to himself and his head tilted to the side as he bit his lip while turning away from Chanyeol to go to his desk where he kept his sewing stuff.

Kyungsoo moved slowly, confusion still evident on his face as he sat on the edge of his bed. Kyungsoo patted the spot next to him before tilting his head up to look the other in the eye. "Lay down here, and put your foot on my leg."

Chanyeol nodded, the shadow in hand before he did as Kyungsoo said, his tall frame barely fitting on the other's bed, but it would have to do. Chanyeol's left leg dangled off the mattress while his right leg was atop one of Kyungsoo's thighs. Kyungsoo held out his hand and Chanyeol handed the shadow to him. And Kyungsoo absent-mindedly thought that it was weird how a shadow even had weight, abeit very little of it.

Kyungsoo grabbed the edge of Chanyeol's shoe on his right foot and he put the needle through the bottom of the shadow's foot, the squirming being an indication of pain- if it could feel any. Kyungsoo then put the thread through the edge of Chanyeol's shoe and he sew the entire bottom of that shoe before moving to do the same to the other.

After finishing his handiwork, Kyungsoo examined both of Chanyeol's feet to make sure the shadow was firmly in place. 

"Alright Chanyeol, it's good you can get up now." Kyungsoo smiled at the other before running a hand through his black fringe atop his forehead.

Chanyeol nodded and stood up, glancing down at the floor where his shadow was. He turned around and moved his arms in delight to see that his shadow was now connected to him again. Chanyeol grinned at Kyungsoo before moving swiftly to wrap his lanky arms around the other's shoulders in a tight hug.

"Thanks Kyungsoo! I don't know what I would've done if I didn't have my shadow." Chanyeol nuzzled his head into the smaller male's neck, the latter feeling his face heat up at the close proximity. Kyungsoo's arms hesitantly went around the other's waist before he nodded slowly.

"I uh- yeah, you're w-welcome Yeol." Kyungsoo flushed a darker shade of red at the fact that he had just given Chanyeol a nickname on the spot.

Chanyeol didn't seem to mind or even notice when he pulled back, still holding the smaller man's shoulders.

"Hey Kyungsoo, you should go with me!"

Kyungsoo blinked his eyes rapidly. "W-What? Where?"

"To Neverland! I wanna introduce you to my friends there!" Chanyeol's grin grew wider at the thought of introducing his new friend to the Lost Boys or even the mermaids that resided in Neverland.

Kyungsoo's eyes flashed in uncertainty. What about his family? His friends- oh wait, scratch that one. He was a loner at school. But his family! Who..didn't give two s about him..they would probably be happier with just their success story of a son, Luhan instead of Kyungsoo. Kyungsoo always had the feeling that he was adopted or something, since he and his brother had barely any resemblance.

Without much of a reason to stay, Kyungsoo nodded.

"I'll go with you, and I don't think I'll come back here." 

Chanyeol squealed happy before he tried to compose himself. "O-Okay. So, let's just go over to the window so we could get flying and we'll be on our wa-"

"Flying? Oh no no no no no no.." Kyungsoo's mind flashed back to the novel. There was no way in hell that he was gonna ing fly.

Chanyeol smiled and patted the other's back, trying to comfort him. "Nah, it'll be fine! Have you flown before?"

Kyungsoo wanted to roll his eyes and respond with 'No of course I haven't Chanyeol. What the kind of question is that, oh my god I'm probably gonna die here and my parents and brother will give me a funeral and no one would care.'

But instead Kyungsoo smiled a bit, "No.. but I've heard about what to do. 'Faith, trust, and pixie dust' and all that right?"

Chanyeol's eyes widened. "Actually, yeah! Where did you hear about tha-"

"ANYWAYS. Let's continue, shall we? The window? The window, yes?" Kyungsoo cut off Chanyeol before the taller could ask him anything about how he knew any of that.

The pair went by the window and Kyungsoo looked down over the city streets and the bustling cars despite the fact that it was past midnight. Chanyeol nudged Baekhyun who was sitting on his shoulder, and the pixie stood up with a quick stretch of his wings and his legs.

"Alright Baek, hit me-and Kyungsoo!" Chanyeol grinned chidishly as he added on the last part, gesturing to the still-flushed boy.

Baekhyun made a face of distaste but he complied with the request, his wings fluttering as he lifted himself into the air and circled the pair. Baekhyun reached into a small pouch that was fastened to his waist before he began to sprinkle the luminescent powder over them.

Kyungsoo gasped as he felt his feet leave the ground, his eyes darting to the floor- which was now a foot underneath him- to Chanyeol who was looking at him with a satisfied expression.

"Let's go, yeah?" Chanyeol swiftly grabbed Kyungsoo's hand before willing himself to move forward, pulling Kyungsoo along with him.

Kyungsoo let out an undignified scream when he saw the streets below him, the cars and moving lights seeming all too close (even though they were at least 60 feet into the air). Chanyeol chuckled and squeezed the other's hand, making the smaller male look over with wide eyes.

"You okay there Kyungsoo? Or do you want me to hold you closer?" Chanyeol smoothly flirted with him, making Kyungsoo blush again.

Before Kyungsoo could say anything, he was pulled into Chanyeol's chest and the latter's arm wound around his waist. Kyungsoo pouted at the sudden gesture, but he only gripped the other's arm closer to himself when Chanyeol moved faster and higher into the air.

Kyungsoo looked over at Chanyeol, whose eyes were now searching the sky, his neck craning upwards. Baekhyun, who was on the other side of Chanyeol flitted faster, matching Chanyeol's speed as he soared through the sky.

Remembering the movie for Peter Pan which he had to watch in all English courtesy of his English teacher, he remembered the song that came right before Peter and Wendy had flown towards their target in the sky.

"The second star to the right, shines in the night for you-" Kyungsoo sang lowly as they approached said star.

Chanyeol's eyes flitted to the other male in his arm, and Chanyeol felt his heartbeat speed up at the twinkle in the smaller man's eyes as he sang.

"Kyungsoo,' Chanyeol paused momentarily in the sky, holding the other tighter to his body, 'you're pretty."

Kyungsoo felt his skin flush again as the cold air swirled around them, but the other's lips on his were burning hot. Chanyeol pulled back, his eyes filled with happiness and laughter, everything that Kyungsoo had always wanted, but never had in his home.

With that one look, Kyungsoo knew that he would like it in Neverland with his own Peter Pan. His very own personal escape: Chanyeol.

--

A/N: Oh god ok so I'm finally done. JFC

Please let me know what you think in the comments below! 

And I added my friend nappeun_yeoja as a co-author~ *crowd cheers* She will be helping me write these fics with reviewing and she might write her own fics to fill in this entire album thing.

Please welcome her and I hope you enjoyed reading (ノ´ヮ´)ノ*:・゚✧