Chapter Two

Wu Pan

Wu Pan looked around his room, searching for Tinkerbaek. He carelessly flipped over the sofa cushions and threw pillows around the room. “Tinkerbaek!” He shouted. It has been 2 days since he has seen Tinkerbaek. Sweat beaded on his forehead, shirt already stained with it as well. “, don’t tell me he’s with Chanyeol.” Roughly opening the door, he flew back towards Chanyeol’s room, with a frown firmly planted on his face.

The night glistened with stars as the cool air rushed over Wu Pan when he finally arrived. “Tinkerbaek!” He shouted and could see a little glow coming from within. Without hesitation, Wu Pan opened the window and jumped right in. “Tinkerbaek!” He yelled and glared at the tiny fairy that was wiping away Chanyeol’s tears.

“Go away Wu Pan, you shouldn’t see him like this.” Tinkerbaek tinkled.

Wu Pan cautiously walked over, and accidently stepped on a plush toy. He squatted and leaned forward, letting his hands gently rest on Chanyeol’s shoulders. “What’s wrong?” He mumbled, trying to not sound so concerned. Chanyeol shrugged him off and buried himself further into the floor. Tinkerbaek flew over and struggled to get his blanket off the bed and onto the floor to cover him. “Aish-“ Wu Pan annoyingly muttered and pulled the blanket over Chanyeol.

“Yah- Chanyeol what’s wrong?”

“Nothing. Get out.”

“Ch-“

“I said get out!” Chanyeol angrily ripped the plushie underneath Wu Pan’s feet and flung it at him. Wu Pan covered his face and motioned to Tinkerbaek to leave.

“No! I won’t  leave Chanyeol!” He shouted, which sounded like a soft whisper. Tinkerbaek fly into the blankets and continued to wipe Chanyeol’s tears.

“Fine, Chanyeol get up. I’ll take you to Neverland.”

The sniffles stopped. “N-Neverland?” He mumbled and peeked his head through a temporary window he made with his blankets.

“Yes, Neverland. Where you never have to grow up.”

Tinkerbaek spoke to him in his ear, trying to convince him to go. “There are plenty of food and candy for us to eat. We can pick flowers and make crowns out of them if you would like.” Chanyeol chuckled when Tinkerbaek’s wings tickled his nose.

“Okay, I’ll go. Just because Baek promised me a flower crown and candy.” He laughed and lightly tapped him on his tiny head. A blushed creeped along Tinkerbaek’s cheeks, and he tried fixing his hair back into place.

Wu Pan held out his hand and patiently waited for Chanyeol to grab it. “You’ll like it, I promise as well.” Wu Pan whispered before helping Chanyeol up.

------

Tinkerbaek stuffed himself in Chanyeol’s sweater pocket and closed his eyes, quickly falling asleep. Wu Pan’s face grew warm as he felt Chanyeol’s grip tighten. “Don’t worry, you won’t fall.” He mumbled as they flew over the only city Chanyeol has ever known.

“Waaaa! Woooo! This is fun!” Chanyeol excitedly shouted as the city lights twinkled below them. He adapted to the frosty air and feeling of flight as Wu Pan carefully flew them all back to his home.

The air turned warm and green vegetation sprouted below them. Chanyeol could hear birds chirping and bells tinkling. “Welcome to Neverland, Chanyeol.” Wu Pan softly said and looked at the wide eyed Chanyeol. They landed on his balcony and Chanyeol clumsily tripped over Wu Pan’s feet and fell to the ground. “I’m fine!” He laughed and stood up, brushing off imaginary dirt on his knees. Tinkerbaek shouted to be let out and Wu Pan walked over. He brushed Chanyeol’s hair with his fingers, making sure he didn’t look so crazy and ed Chanyeol’s pocket. A warm blush appeared on Wu Pan’s face, Why am I so nervous around Chanyeol? Tinkerbaek flew right out and into his own bedroom, exhausted from having little to no sleep while watching over Chanyeol back at his house.

“Are you hungry?” Wu Pan asked nervously, while his eyes flitted around the room, examining the mess he created before rushing off to find Tinkerbaek. Chanyeol cutely shook his head and walked over to the tree that Tinkerbaek had flown into. He curled up at the bottom of the tree and closed his eyes. In a few seconds, his breathing slowed. Wu Pan smiled to himself and dragged his favorite blanket over to cover Chanyeol. “Goodnight.” He whispered and patted Chanyeol on the arm before heading out to buy food to feed them when they wake up from their nap.

-----

A grin appeared on Chanyeol’s face as Wu Pan brought out the desserts after finishing their main course. “Told you!~” Tinkerbaek said before bursting into a laughing fit.

“You have so much food!” Chanyeol stated before shoving the entire piece of cake into his mouth. “Mmmmm, this is so good!” He said, crumbs falling out of his mouth and onto the table. Tinkerbaek ‘tsk-tsk’ d and picked up the small crumbs before shoving them into his mouth. Wu Pan held back a smile and crossed his arms. “Make sure to clean up before going out to explore.” Then he got up and walked into his room, closing the door behind him. Leaning against the door frame, he inhaled and exhaled. A smile formed on his face, he was tired of resisting Chanyeol’s charms. “You’re going to be the death of me.” He muttered before jumping face down on his bed.

-----

Tinkerbaek led Chanyeol to one of his most favorite places in Neverland. Chanyeol had his eyes blindfolded and he stumbled into the secluded field. Baek tapped him on the nose, the signal that it was time to take off the blindfold. Chanyeol chuckled deeply and took it off. He half-choked on air as he looked around him. They were standing in waist-high grass, which was as vivid as a color crayon. They could hear frogs croaking, letting them know of a nearby pond. He let Tinkerbaek tug at his index finger, leading him into the shade. Chanyeol laid down in the grass, completely covered by it. The sun’s golden rays seeped through the blades, making a striped-shadow effect all over his face and body. Baek sat on his chest, enjoying the rising and falling of his breath. Chanyeol softly tickled Baek in the stomach with his finger, hearing the high tinkling noise Baek made. He crinkled his nose cutely as he giggled along with Baek. Then to his surprise, Tinkerbaek hugged his finger and gave it a kiss that felt like a butterfly landing on the tip of his finger.

“I-I like you… Chaneyeol.” He mumbled, turning a pretty shade of pink.

“What?” He teased, clearly hearing him the first time.

“I said I like you!” Tinkerbaek screamed and Chanyeol sat up, scaring him. Baek tumbled down to his belly and remained frozen.

“Oh okay.”

“Th-that’s it?” Baek muttered. “That’s all you can say?! I confessed to you, for god’s sake.” He blew at his fringe, his wings flapping in irritation.

“I like you too.” Chanyeol chuckled, “Is that what you want to hear?” Baek nodded and tucked his chin towards his chest. “Well, too bad. I’m not going to say it.”

Baek flew to Chanyeol’s face and tapped his hard on the nose. “I’m going to tell Wu Pan.” He tried flying away, but before he could get any farther, Chanyeol cupped him gently, trapping him in his hands. He placed his mouth near his thumbs and whispered, “I like you too Baek.” He then felt a soft pair of miniature hands cup his bottom lip and decided that Baek had just kissed him.