Chapter 1

Wu Pan

Chanyeol sat in his room, staring outside while the moonlight slowly filtered in, illuminating his

bookshelf full of scientific biographies. He took a deep breath and slowly blew away his fringe, still annoyed that his mother talked about her ‘stupid’ fantasy book she was currently reading during dinner. There was a soft knock at his door, then the click of someone turning the knob and warned him of someone coming in. “Chanyeol, time for bed.” His mother said and stood there waiting for his answer.

 

“Yes mom, I know. Goodnight.”

 

“Goodnight Chanyeol.” Then the door clicked shut.

 

He crawled over to his bed and buried himself beneath three layers of blankets. To calm himself, Chanyeol went over the whole periodic table and the atomic masses of each element. When he got to near the end, there was a soft knock, but this time coming from his window. Bolting up, Chanyeol opened his eyes as wide as possible, trying to absorb as much light for his retina to be able to see. There was this huge looming figure, standing outside blocking the comforting rays of the moonlight. Then it knocked quietly against the glass window again, making Chanyeol jump.

 

“What do you want?” He said while going through all of the possibilities of creating a weapon with a can of air freshener and Lysol spray.

 

“Open the window stupid, and let us in.”

 

He grabbed the air freshener and slowly walked towards his window. Chanyeol then unlatched the lock and was about to spray the stranger but he had it knocked out of his hands.

 

“God! You’re slow as a sloth! And air freshener isn’t going to kill me stupid.”

 

Chanyeol was eye to eye with the stranger. He had blonde/orange hair and fringe as well. The tall slope of his nose was flattered by a pair of sculpted cheekbones.

 

“So who are you?”

 

“Wu Pan and this is,” he juts a finger to a glowing figure floating on his shoulder. “Tinkerbaek.”

 

Chanyeol chuckled and face palmed himself. “Is that a fairy?” He asked, while the description of fairies lay fresh in his mind thanks to his mother. He asked again and controlled his laughter. “Is she a fairy?”

 

“It’s a he, not a she. And yes he is.”

 

“You know, Wu Pan, I don’t believe in fairies or magic.”

 

“Yeah, and that’s why I am here.”

 

-----

 

Wu Pan spent the next hour showing off to Chanyeol. Showing him that he’s able to defy the laws of Newton and the laws of Thermodynamics. Flying around the room, he accidently smacked his head on the ceiling. “Ouch, I expected you to live in a larger house and room.” He mumbled while slowly rubbing his head.

 

“I’m not rich.”

 

“I know. I can clearly see that.” Wu Pan said and finally settled down on Chanyeol’s bed. There was this light tinkle by Chanyeol’s right ear, making him feel ticklish. He lazily swatted his ear and felt something land on his bed. A loud tinkle sound came from a glowing bundle, making his blue blankets glow a green.

 

“Opps, sorry.” He chuckled and leaned over to pick Tinkerbaek up. “Sorry Tinkerbaek.” He carefully cupped the fairy in his big hands and set him back on Wu Pan’s shoulder. Tinkerbaek angrily tinkled and it sounded like a dozen small bells dancing with each other. Wu Pan sighed.

 

“Chanyeol, please don’t man-handle Tinkerbaek like that. He doesn’t like it.”

 

“Okay, okay got it.”

 

“So do you now believe in us? In magic?”

 

“Nah, science can always prove you wrong. There has to be an explanation to why you can fly and why a little man glows.” Wu Pan grunted in disbelief.

 

“Fine, bye.” He angrily said and leaped out the window before flying away. Chanyeol muttered to himself, saying that this was a dream and went back to cuddling with his blankets. What he didn’t notice was a little glowing fairy that remained stuck in the folds of his blankets.

 

-----

 

Silverware awkwardly clanked against the ceramic plates as the chandler lights flickered. “We’re late on house payments again.” Chanyeol’s father spoke in a gruff tone while taking a gigantic bite of rice.

 

“I-I’m trying honey. The diner won’t give me more shifts to work.” His mother meekly spoke.

 

Chanyeol quickly shoved food down his throat, wanting to escape to his room before they started yelling. His father roughly banged the table with his fist. , too late. His mother shot him a desperate look as she flinched from the loud noise. “Then get a second job.” His father said and glared at her. “The house doesn’t pay itself, you know?” Chanyeol glanced at the empty beer bottle on the table.

 

“Dad, calm down. Mom is trying her best.”

 

He glanced at Chanyeol before ordering him, “Get me another bottle son, and don’t be a part of this. It is between your mom and I.”

 

Then cue the yelling and arguing between his parents. Chanyeol sat there, waiting for it to end, so that he can clean up the mess that they’re going to make, like usual.

 

“Ahh-“ His mother yelped as his father’s palm made contact with her pale face.

 

“Stop dad! STOP!”  Chanyeol shouted, afraid that his mother was going to seriously get injured like before.  His father turned around to him and started to beat him.

 

“Do. Not. Tell. Me. What. To. Do.” He shouted in between hits. “I am your father. You listen to what I tell you to do. Not the other way around.” He landed a hard blow to Chanyeol’s cheek before breathlessly leaving the dining room. His mother was a mess, crying on the floor, cheeks turning red. Chanyeol walked over and hugged his mom.

 

“Go upstairs and take a bath. I’ll clean this up.”

 

-----

 

Chanyeol crashed onto his bed, his face pulsing with pain. Then he began to cry. No matter how many books he read about the influence of alcohol or one’s personality, Chanyeol never fully understood why his family is so messed up. For him, science cannot solve his family’s problems.

 

“C-Channie, are you okay?” Someone whispered in his ears. Immediately he forced himself to stop crying. “It’s me, Tinkerbaek.”

 

A small man that had folded wings intensely stared at him, the glow he gave off kind of hurt Chanyeol’s eyes. “T-Tinkerbaek?” The fairy nodded and flew forward to touch him lightly on the brow.

 

“You know, if you frown or crinkle your brows, the faster you’ll wrinkle there.”

 

Chanyeol chuckled and reached forward to pat Tinkerbaek on his head, a brown mop of silky soft hair. “Thanks for letting me know Tinkerbaek. And my name is Chanyeol, not Channie.” Tinkerbaek smiled.

 

“I know, but Channie sounds more fresh and short.”

 

“Then Baek is your name from now on.”

 

Tinkerbaek nodded with excitement. “Sounds awesome!”

 

They spent the night talking to each other, Baek listening intently to Chanyeol’s life story while Chanyeol pouring his heart out, all of it to this little fairy he didn’t believe in the first place.


A/N: Hey guys, sorry for the long wait. c: I hope the first chapter is alright... Please leave me comments and upvote my story c::::: I LOVE YOU ALL