three.

Just One Month.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

We all piled into Zoey's luxurious plush car to head towards the fan meeting or high five event, whichever one it was. As we zoomed through the streets, I looked out the window, watching as trees and skyscrapers began to blur together into one indiscernible mess of green and grey. Zoey was squirming in her seat as we approached closer and closer to meeting Boyfriend face-to-face for the first time. 

Well, for me it would be my second time, considering I had just been interviewed in front of thousands of fans. I noticed Jason was still looking sullen about being dragged to this concert. At the moment, he was looking at his phone, flicking through messages or Facebook. As for me, I was actually feeling a little giddy from being just ten feet away from that angelic person named Jeongmin.

God, that boy. He was not going to leave my head, was he? He and his stupidly beautiful smile and sweet as honey voice. I continued to mumble to myself about the absolute insincerity of boys and their looks nowadays when the car suddenly jolted to a halt. Everyone stopped whatever he or she was doing and peered out the windows. Our neatly dressed driver turned around to face us, and opened the partition between us.

"Miss, we have arrived to your destination."

"Thank you, Dongwon-ssi. I will call you so you can pick us up when we're done, okay? You can do whatever you want until I call you. We'll meet, say, in front of the N Seoul Tower?”

“Of course. It’s the perfect time for me to run some errands.”

“Wonderful! Thank you again!” Zoey beamed at our driver. We scrabbled to gather all our things, namely our backpacks, since there were already several cars behind us, waiting to park and drop off their own passengers.

Half running half walking across the sidewalk, we went to the back of the already growing line of chattering fans. Leaning against the building behind us, we sat down to wait. I pulled out my wallet from my backpack, just to make sure I had everything. It was my first fan meeting, okay? You can never be too sure.

“Hey Zoey, what did we need again? Tickets? Anything else?” I asked her. I was getting antsy right now, as I always do before any big event or happening. I did not want to be that one person who forgot their ticket and be forced to wait outside alone in the street.

“Erm, let me check my handy dandy check list that I printed out just for this occasion,” Zoey replied with a smug look on her face. When she brought out the piece of paper, I snatched it.

“Mkay,” muttering to myself, “tickets, good. Identification, good.” My eyes were reading through the list so fast it made me a little dizzy.

“Hey. Jaymie. You good?” Zoey looked at me.

“Yeah, I’m good.” Handing back the paper, I could finally breathe easy. I can be such a worrywart at times; I can’t help it. I have a tendency to stress out over things, which causes me stress, and then the cycle keeps on turning. And the results are me in a curled ball weeping from stress that never actually even needed to exist.

“Hey Jaymie! Zoey!” Jason was standing up, pointing to the front of line. The line was finally starting to move now.

“Eeek! Now it’s my time to meet Minwoo!” Zoey clasped her hands together, squealing.

Typical Zoey behavior.

Jason and I laughed and began our semi-slow trek to the entrance. Two burly men in black suits were waving us inside in pairs or in groups of threes. The two girls behind me began to stand up as well, as well as babble in excitement. They were acting just like our Zoey. Eventually, we reached the men at the entrance. Zoey and Jason entered smooth while I fumbled through my wallet and brought my ticket and ID to eye level with shaking hands.

Aish, did I ever mention I get nervous with strangers?

Impatiently, the taller man scanned the ticket, glanced at my ID card then waved me. I was in. Zoey hooked her arm around mine as soon as I stepped through the entrance. Looking down, I noticed we were walking on a red carpet. Fancy that.

She followed my gaze and grinned at me with that super happy eye smile of hers.

“Hey, we’re just like those Hollywood stars now! But without the flashing lights and paparazzi of course!”

I chuckled and looked behind me to find Jason actually enjoying himself. He was talking to one of the girls that had been standing behind us. And she genuinely looked interested in what he had to say.

The line was beginning to move slower as instead of pairs, it had now merged into a single file line. The fans ahead of us began to pull out pieces of paper, or maybe it was a photograph judging by the faces I saw on them. It was a sign we were getting closer to the band. Zoey started to pull out a picture too, along with a pen, just in case.

“Jaymie, did you want a signature too?” she asked me while combing through her purse.

“An autograph? Nah, I’m good.” Peering ahead, I could see all the members of Boyfriend standing behind a red cloth-covered table. Water bottles and stuffed animals and boxes of food practically covered the entire surface of the table.

“You go ahead first Zoey. You know you want to,” I winked at her and nudged her in front of me. Her face lit up like she had just been handed an early Christmas present and she had been allowed to open it. Winking back at me, with a “thank you gorgeous,” before she turned to stare agape at the smiling face of a bowing Youngmin.

“Hello, I’m Youngmin. And you must be the spotlight girl’s friend?”

Zoey literally just dropped her pen and performed a 90-degree bow, all in a split second. Being the kind friend I was, I picked up her pen, sneakily put it back into her hands, and bowed to Youngmin as well.

“Hello. It’s nice to meet you again,” I mumbled, remembering my very brief time onstage.

“Yeah, it’s you agai

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter