Episode 02; Lazy Seducer

Questionably Grown

 

Ignoring the text, Wooyoung threw his phone on the couch rolled his shoulders round before returning back to his position in the practice room. It was a nice feeling having to practice a new routine for something in Korea for once, not that he was getting bored of 2PM's older choreography but Wooyoung just found it refreshing to be able to apply some new moves to their performances. He did have to admit, he was slightly worried of how their comeback would be received by their Korean fans. They were returning after 2 years so they had to bring their game.
 
Just as Wooyoung was about to hit the play button, lightning fast words entered the room as the producer followed behind and plopped herself on the couch. She took a quick glance at Wooyoung's phone, the text still on the screen and only shook her head. Wooyoung rolled his eyes and just hit play letting the song start from the beginning. Junho's voice started the song and he counted the bars before he had to enter. Before he could even finish counting, the producer's voice spoke up again, completely throwing Wooyoung off his counts.
 
"Why do you keep avoiding her? She clearly needs you...for something," Renn said as she played with Wooyoung's phone and scrolled through the numerous unreplied messages.
 
Renn didn't understand why Wooyoung couldn't just act normal around her dormmate. Well actually she could since said dormmate couldn't act normal around him either. They were a weird pair but she did see their connection, albeit a strange one. Maybe it was because they were dancers and they had some "bond" or something. But Renn definitely put her money on all those long nights practicing those Back2U performances. And there were a lot of unnecessary (she found...well it was more of Kass' fault for putting that idea into her head) late nights in this practice room. Mhm. A LOT.
 
Wooyoung only sighed, trying to ignore Renn's voice and recounted just as Minjun's verse was finished. He wasn't trying to avoid her as Renn had put it. He just didn't want to be around her right now (and yes, there was a difference). Especially after the music video shooting for their title track. Besides, when did Renn really care whether or not he was avoiding said person? She was one to talk. Miss Master of Avoidance and MIAs.
 
Renn's voice once again disrupted his concentration. "You know we've all seen it," she sung. Which just gave him more of a reason to not see that person right now.
 
"It hasn't even been released yet," Wooyoung half-heartedly replied, as he continued to the chorus.
 
"Have you forgotten who we are."
 
It wasn't much of a question but rather a statement. Wooyoung didn't forget. He very clearly remembered that Renn and the girls could pretty much get their hands on anything in this place. Especially Renn. He still didn't understand what Junho saw in her. Not that she was a bad or anything...she just wasn't really Wooyoung's type, despite the various rumours floating around. He still needed to get Minjun back for that.
 
"You know all the guys got girl time besides you," Renn commented and Wooyoung ignored her, hoping she wouldn't take it to where he was thinking. He had already heard various comments about his solo scenes (mostly from Nichkhun and Asuka) and he did not need Renn's opinion as well.
 
"You got the easiest scene," Renn continued. All the other guys had actual interactions with the female model (to which she knew that Mai secretly rejoiced at) and here Wooyoung was just lying in bed, looking all y. He didn't even need to do anything to get the girl since he practically ended up with her straddling him at the end.
 
"You're such a lazy seducer."
 
That was not a comment he was expecting.
 
"What is that supposed to mean?" Wooyoung's curiosity was definitely piqued.
 
"All you did was lie in bed and just do some body waves. You didn't even need to seduce the girl like the others did." To Renn it made him seem lazy but it made her think that maybe that was the reason why he and Mai never got as far as the dance studio.
 
"It's not like I chose that scene," Wooyoung explained although he didn't really see the need to explain himself. It wasn't as if they all chose their scenes. If they did, he knew of one member who would get into some big trouble for choosing that kitchen scene. And he definitely would not want to be on the receiving end of that conversation.
 
The scenes were just assigned to them and although they may have seemed random, he knew the director had a purpose for assigning each member a specific location. Or maybe he was just a really big Woo-stan and wanted him in a shirtless scene. Wooyoung was never too sure of the director's intentions sometimes. It wasn't all that great having such a large male fan base.
 
"I mean you just laid there, pretty much and she was doing all the work for you..."
 
"Uhh...that still doesn't..." he scratched the back of his head hoping Renn wouldn't go any further.
 
"And yet all the other guys had to press up against the girl and..."
 
Wooyoung picked up the stereo remote to turn the music up louder in hopes of drowning out the rest of Renn's ramblings. He did not want to know about how Junho was in too confined a space to shoot the scene in and that the innocent maknae was now corrupted. Or that Minjun looked really good in a V-neck or that they shouldn't have put Taecyeon in that long sleeved cardigan. 
 
But what Wooyoung really wanted to drown out was how Renn was saying that Mai must've been happy that he hardly got any "girl time" and that she probably has no need to be jealous of the model since there was probably only 10 seconds of air time of her and Wooyoung altogether. Not that it made him a little bit at ease or anything that at least Mai wouldn't be giving him the cold shoulder (not that she didn't anyways) because of some fiction-based jealousy of some girl he'd worked with for less than 24 hours. No, Wooyoung wasn't relieved at all.
 
"It's no wonder why you two haven't ripped each other's clothes off yet..."
 
Wait, whose ripping off whose clothes?
 
"Although I'm sure after Han.Ni.Ppun--"
 
Thankfully an incoming text from Wooyoung's phone interrupted their--well, Renn's self-discussion and drew Renn's attention away. But that only led to her immediately reading it aloud.
 
Lunch in 10. School caf?
 
"Ohohoho! Has she finally stepped up and asked you out first?" she teased and Wooyoung stopped the music almost instantaneously. "Oooh, someone's excited?"
 
Before Renn could say anymore another alert came and Wooyoung grabbed his phone before Renn could even think of replying. He had been hanging around her way too much lately to know of what she would be capable of. Although she was terrible at her own so-called "Love Life" she thought she was the expert when it came to his. As much as he liked (yes, Wooyoung didn't actually mind Renn's company that much) hanging around the producer, there was one thing he had trouble keeping out of bounds from her.
 
I mean, you needa break right?
 
Another alert came straight after.
 
It's the Maknaes request...so you kinda have to show up.
 
Wooyoung scoffed and smirked to himself. She sure has a way with words. If she wanted to ask him out then she should've just done so. Did she need to use the Maknae Club as an excuse? He chuckled to himself at the thought. Although he wouldn't fully admit it to himself, he probably would've said yes if she asked him straight out. A sudden thought occurred to him and another smirk presented itself. Maybe he could use of break.
 
Quickly tapping away a text to her, Wooyoung said, "I think it's time for lunch?" and looked up at Renn.
 
Renn was getting a little creeped out by the smirk Wooyoung had on his face but she recognised that thought from a mile a way. If she was thinking what she was thinking, lunch was going to be a very interesting event today.

----

 

A/N: Because the WooRenn pairing is just a crack ship courtesy of staticdream