Chapter 1

Moving On

 

Baekhyun’s POV

“Byun Baekhyun! Open this door right now or I will break it down!” Chanyeol shouted from the other side of my front door. I ignored him. “Wan Hee’s gone! It’s been eight months and you haven’t stepped outside of this bloody door!”

Chanyeol used to be my roommate before I moved in with Wan Hee. I stared at the wilted flowers on the coffee table.

“She’s gone Bacon! She’s gone!” Jong In’s voice joined Chanyeol’s.

“No!” I practically screamed. “She’s not gone! She’s coming back! It’s so clear as if it was yesterday!” A sob escaped my throat. “Her skin was so soft and milky, her hair smelled of flowers, her smile was so beautiful and her touch was so gentle,” I cried. “And you expect me to believe she’s gone?” I screamed.

“Baek, don’t scream, it’s bad for your voice,” said Kyung Soo worriedly.

“I don’t care! I don’t care!” I screamed.

“Byun Baekyun, open this door this instant,” came Joon Myeon’s commanding voice. I froze. So he was back from USA. I pulled myself off the sofa and dragged myself to the door and opened it slowly. I squinted as I my eyes saw the first streak of sunlight in more than half-a-year. Sehun, as usual the concerned maknae, shoved the door open, making me stumble backwards. Someone grabbed my arm and yanked me to my feet.

“Look at you, you complete Pabo,” said Chanyeol softly. Those words were so familiar. The taller and younger boy stared down at me with those fathomless, sad eyes. His fingers gently brushed against my cheeks. His hands were rough against my tender and wet cheeks, yet very comforting.

Flashback

“Look at you, you complete Pabo,” giggled Wan Hee. She began helping me clean up the mess on my shirt and the kitchen counter.

“I just wanted to make dinner for you,” I said trying to use my aegyo so I wouldn’t get into trouble. “Cause you’ve been out late for a while,” I pouted.

“Aigoo! You could’ve at least cheated like a normal guy and asked Kyung Soo oppa to help you. Why do you have to be so perfect?” she chuckled.

“Kyung Soo hyung was busy with showing his cuteness to his fans that he didn’t come. The guy runs his own bloody Youtube channel,” I said.

“I know that oppa, you forget I follow his channel to see if he says anything about you,” she smiled before going on her toes and pressing her soft, pink, honey-tasting lips against mine.

Flashback Ends

“Bacon?” asked Joon Myeon waving his hand in front of my face.

“We should take him to the hospital,” said Chanyeol. “Look at how much he’s thinned down,”

“I’m scared,” said Sehun, rubbing his hands together. The hand rubbing was new to me.

“He’s completely dazed! Look at his face!” Kyung Soo nearly cried in worry as Jong In began punching Sehun lightly.

“Then go call Luhan to comfort you,” he said sarcastically. The innocent maknae didn’t get it.

“But EXO-M has a photo shoot today,” he said with a pout.

Jong In face-palmed himself.

I couldn’t stand it, it was too much, too much talking, too much light and too many people. Suddenly I saw her. She was staring at me with her wide and gorgeous brown eyes. Wan Hee, I thought, protect me just this once.

“Wan Hee,” I let out a whimper and ran and wrapped my arms around her as she my hair.

“Trust this person,” she whispered into my ear.

Chanyeol stared shocked at the other members as I hugged him.

End of Baekhyun’s POV

------o------

A Month Later

Chanyeol’s POV

I sat down exhausted after my vigorous dance practice, wiping sweat from my forehead. I looked at the time. It was about time Bacon would come with the ice-cream. I smiled. I always looked forward to the ice-cream sessions I had with Baekhyun. After the incident when we finally got him to open his door he had recovered and opened up to me more. He told me about himself as we ate ice-cream. I didn’t know why he came to me when the most comforting one in the group was Joon Myeon hyung. But I didn’t regret it. I really enjoyed his company. I heard a tiny Ting! It signalled the door had been moved slightly. I turned to look a bright smile on my face. My smile faded away into an expression of shock. A petite girl had her face pressed against the glass door. Yu Wan Hee.

I leaped to my feet and she took off. I ran after her and saw her red scarf disappear around the corner. I ran around the corner and froze at the sight I saw. Baekhyun was lying on the ground, both the ice-creams on the ground too.

I carried Baekhyun into my practice room, took my water bottle and wet a couple of tissues and wiped his face, his head lying in my lap. After the incident, Baekhyun tended to faint a lot. I was usually around because he mostly fainted in our room.

I stopped wiping his face. This tissue stopped its path at his jaw line. I dropped the tissue and lifted my left hand and gently ran my left-hand index finger down the bridge of his nose. Since when had he become so perfect? My finger traced his jaw line and then his statue-like chin. Tossing all my pride and common sense away, my finger went up to trace his lips.

His lips were soft and pale pink, a contrast to his milky, white skin. I pulled my finger back and noticed a slight oily sheen on my finger. It was the Chap Stick he used to make sure his lips didn’t chap in the cold. Oddly enough it smelled like vanilla essence. Then as if I had gone insane, I let go of all the rules I gave myself early on. I bent down and pressed my lips against his.

Baekhyun let out the tiniest moan. As if the sound broke then spell of the witch, I pulled away in shock, my hand covering my mouth like a surprised school girl. I was wondering if I should just sit there and pretend like nothing happened or if I should run away when Baekhyun opened his eyes and saw me.

For some odd reason his gaze made a deep red spread across my cheeks. He sat up completely surprised and looked around.

“Oh!” he said surprised. “The ice-cream,” he said.

“You fainted and dropped the ice-creams,” I managed out. Then I got up and ran out.

“Chanyeol!” I heard Baekhyun call after me. 

End of Chanyeol’s POV.

------o------

Baekhyun’s POV

I was upset. Why did Chanyeol run away? He’d never done that till this day. He’d been avoiding me for the rest of the day and he still hadn’t come to dorms. I still remembered when both of us ended up in the same room together. Both of us were such idiots. But recently whenever I saw his face I felt odd and different. My stomach felt funny whenever he smiled and laughed. Recently I even picked up on how good he looked. Embarrassingly, I had a dream where both of us were dating.  I went to the bathroom and returned. I stumbled backwards at what I saw. Wan Hee sat on Chanyeol’s bed, facing me. A small smile touched her lips.

I felt an odd feeling inside of me. I was more than glad to see her but my heart didn’t beat fast anymore.

“Baekhyun,” she said softly.

I was shocked. I had no idea what to do. She was supposed to be dead!

“Wan Hee...” I whispered out.

“Take care of Chanyeol like you took care of me,” she said with a bright smile.

I was stumped. That’s not what I expected to hear from her lips.

“I know the feelings you have for Chanyeol,” she said.

“What? He’s just my friend, my best friend; we both are really, really close!” I said desperately.

“Even to the point where you had a dream about the both of you dating?” she said. I stared at her. How did she know that?

“I have memories about you when I see him. Memories of YOU!” I said.

“Those aren’t memories of me. They’re your connections to Chanyeol Oppa,” She said.

“No,” I said. “I promised you would be the only one,” I said. She gave me a look. I gave up. “But he’s a normal person! He wouldn’t like me!”

“He kissed you when you were passed out on his lap,” she chuckled. I stared at her. He did that? Even though I realized that was near impossible, I believed her. I didn’t know what else I was supposed to do. I walked over to her and hugged her...and went right through her. “I’m dead Baek Oppa,” she whispered, her eyes tear-filled and sad. “Take care of him,” with that she was gone.

End of Baekhyun’s POV

------o------

Chanyeol’s POV

I sat on the roof and stared at the stars.

“Long time, no see, Channie Oppa,” said a familiar voice. I spun around and saw Wan Hee standing behind me.

“Wan Hee! Oh my! Let me go and call-” I began.

“Don’t call him when you know you don’t want to face him,” she said. I froze.

“But you’re his girlfriend...” I whispered.

“No longer, Oppa likes you, I give him to you,” she smiled.

“What?” I practically screamed. “I can’t take him from you! Not when you’re standing in front of me smiling!”

“You’re not, you’re taking what already belongs to you,” she said.

“But I can’t do this to you!” I shouted.

“You can’t help me like you used to Oppa, I’m dead,” she said. I got cold all over, hearing her say that. “You think I led you to Oppa just like that today?” she asked. “You’re the only one I’ll trust him to,” she said.

“Wan Hee,”

“Don’t disappoint me,” I blinked and she was gone.

“Chanyeol?” I heard Baekhyun’s voice behind me. My muscles tensed.

 End of Chanyeol’s POV.

------o------

Baekhyun’s POV

Seeing the look on Chanyeol’s face I knew.

“You’ve seen her too haven’t you?” I asked.

Chanyeol slowly nodded.

To be honest I never realized my feelings for Chanyeol until Wan Hee mentioned it.

“She told you?” Chanyeol asked me.

“Yeah,” I said quietly.

He nodded slowly again. I couldn’t take it anymore.

I walked to him. I grabbed the taller boy’s collar, pulled him down and kissed him. He froze up completely, surprised by my action. But I loved him and he did too. And I think both of us knew Wan Hee would be watching over us from somewhere.

End of Baekhyun’s POV

------o------

A/N- Thank you for reading my fanfic. This is the first guy x guy fanfic I've ever written so please do forgive the awkwardness. Please also see my other fanfics! Long live Baekyeol!