Little Visit

Hard-To-Get Do Kyungsoo

 

I came home, dragging my bag on the floor as I went upstairs. Mom and dad are at work, only god knows when they'll be home. This was one of the days where I don't see them at all, and this day is everyday except weekdays. On weekdays, they'd either go buy groceries, have an 'urgent' meeting, or just watch the TV the whole day. I haven't had a decent conversation with any of them let alone telling them about my day.

But then today was a great one! One that I haven't had in months. People may think that, "Oh, she's popular. Her life is perfect.  Everybody loves her." But truthfully, that ain't true at all.

I landed my body on my bed and let out a sigh. Then I heard my phone ring.

"Hey girl, tell me about this guy you say is the hottest guy in your Chemistry class!" Kai screamed over the phone.

"Kai, you sound like Chaerin or even, a girl." I rolled my eyes and sat up.

"Whaaat? No way!" he said sarcastically. "Tell 'bout that hot guy, now!"

"Uh, have you turned gay?" I made a face through the phone.

"I'm just making you feel comfortable talking to me about these things." he laughed, "So I decided to sound like a girl."

"Don't do that, it's creepy. Like, you've changed from straight to gay." I said as I let a chuckle.

"Whatever. Come on, tell me the whole story!" he yelled again. I put the phone away from my phone, cringed my eyebrows and put the phone back to my ears. Then I told him all about Do Kyungsoo.

"Oh, cool. What's his name again? Kyungie?" Kai said over the phone.

"Kyungsoo."

"Right."

I laughed, "Well, I gotta go and hit the shower! Bye!"

"Bye Saemi!"

newrule.gif

I started drying my hair when I heard the bell rang. Weird, I didn't call anyone over. Then I began walking downstairs and peeked through the window. My eyes bulged out as I sprung the door open. "KRIS!"

"Hey, little Saemi!" He smiled and gave me a hug.

I hugged him back and invited him in, "So, what made you come over? You know, at first, I thought it was just a random Chinese guy standing on my front porch, but who'd knew?! It's Kris!"

"I came cause I wanted to see you, silly!" he said as he messed up my hair.

I gave him an annoying expression, "Seriously? I haven't seen you in 2 years and suddenly, you 'wanted' to see me?"

He let out a laugh and looked at me, "You know me well. I came over to tell you that I moved in the neighbourhood."

"Oh. Why?" I asked as I got up and went to the kitchen.

"Work." he answered as he walked towards the kitchen.

"You know, you've never told me about your work, or even what you work as." I said, trying to sound sad as I poured in orange juice in a glass.

"It's a secret." he smirked then sipped the drink.

"Pft, right. What do you work as? Tutor? Martial Arts teacher?"

"Told you, it's a secret." he said.

I shook my head and smiled, "Okay Kris."

"I gotta go now, kiddo. Thanks for the drink." Kris said and walked towards the door.

"You're just 2 years older than me, stop calling me a kid!" I said sarcastically and followed him from behind.

"Yea yea, see you later." Kris chuckled.

"When did you get so mature?" I asked as I folded my arms.

"When did you start talking a lot?" Kris said and smiled, "I'll be back, don't worry!" he waved then left.

I wasn't worried, or anything. I'm just weirded out. I just stared at him walking away to his motorcycle before closing the door. We used to be connected, close to each other like the tree and it's leaves. He's my childhood friend from Busan. We were like siblings, going to the same school till he had to move away. After he finished school, he started visiting me from Beijing to Busan, but 2 years ago, he stopped.

I didn't know why, maybe it was because his dad passed away. I heard from mom that he refused to sleep for a week that he got so weak and he had those panda eyes. But I didn't know for sure since we're not close anymore.

When I saw him at my front porch, it was like seeing that little boy who was scared to shower alone. I saw a little boy who had always tricked me to get him candy, that boy who always wanted attention from me.

But I guess 2 years did change him, from that little to a more mature man. Ew. 

Then I heard my phone ring. "Hello?"

"Hey, is this Saemi?" 

"Yes, it is. Who's this?" I asked as I sat on the staircase.

"It's Kyungsoo." I heard him say, my heart felt like falling. I felt like fainting.

I blinked twice, or maybe trice, "Y-yes, Kyungsoo-sshi?"

"I wanted to talk to you about the chemistry project." he said.

I paused and thought, "Before that, how'd you get my number?" 

"Jungah gave it to me,"

"How'd Jungah get my number?"

 He chuckled, "I don't know?"

Oh gosh, he laughed! My feelings!

I bit my lower lips then said, "So what about the chemistry project date? I mean-" his laugh cut me off.

"Yeah, about that, we should start doing it tomorrow."

"Tomorrow? But I'm going shopping with Mina."

"Shopping?"

Then I thought again, getting to see his precious face for the whole day is going to be the bomb! "Nevermind, I can cancel it. Tomorrow then~"

"Alright, it's a date!" Kyungsoo chuckled before he put down the phone.

"What? DATE?! Kyungsoo? .......Hello?" I looked at the phone and screamed.

"HE SAID 'DATE' AGAIN!"