2...

A Paradise Catastrophe

 

2nd Chapter...

 

 

 

Knowing that your mother is fighting a battle between life and death, or rather, knowing that she’s nearly dying, would you still be able to show the world that you’re perfectly fine? Would it still be a lot easy for you to continue living the way it was before? NO was the answer, but for the Korean male, it should be YES. Why? Because if he chooses No as an option; not only his beloved mother would be taken away but also his own life, his whole world, all of him. He needs to continue living in order to remain his mother’s existence. Her medications cost an arm and a leg and earning money for those was not a piece of cake.

 

Feeling depressed and weak, the tall Korean male headed to his night shift. He took a train but the ride wasn’t the same, it was longer than usual. Uncountable thoughts dread in his mind and it’s never stopping. His body is tired, he felt his soul empty but at the same time his eyes we’re heavy. He closed his eyes not knowing he was sent off already to dreamland, to his paradise.

∞♥∞

The priceless scenery of the ocean came to my view once I opened my eyes. The sound of the waves splashing in the shoreline gives me pleasure.  The light coming from the full blue moon makes the whole place perfect. Stars filled the wide open sky. Cool wind began to blow which sent shivers down to my spine. It gives me an unusual feeling, a feeling that I didn’t encounter even once in my life.  I think it was the greatest one.

∞♥∞

 

A loud sound had awakened the male. It was the sound of a bell signaling that the train has stopped. He slowly opened his eyes then he realized he was already in his destination. He stood up on his seat and made his way out in the middle of the buzzing passengers. The bar he used to work in was a walking distance from the station. He took the usual shortcut through an alley near the busy streets. It was dark and the clouds were heavy completely covering the moon, stars in the widely spaced sky were only few which made the night gloomy and rain is nearly starting to pour. Everything in reality now was in complete opposite on his so-called wonderland. He let out a deep sigh, he quickened his pace so he could arrive in time and fortunately he did.

 

He immediately changed into his waiter outfit. He took the tray filled with glasses of liquors. The place was occupied with different people whom he encounters every night. There were different faces, different strangers. He went in the middle of the crowd, giving them drinks, serving what they like. After a short period of time the tray was already empty. The Korean male made his way to took refill.

 

“Hey, Chanyeol-ah! have you seen the new singer?”  A tanned skin boy asked while mixing liquors in the counter. That was Jongin, mostly known as Kai, the bartender.

“Not yet, just arrived. Please give me 5 cans of beer and a bottle of Soju.” The taller boy answered trying to compose his emotions.

“Comin’ up! The singer will be on stage at 11. He’s freaking amazing I assure you.” The tanned skin boy stated as he continue mixing some liquors. The taller male nodded in affirmation.

 

He was not interested. He doesn’t care about anyone right now but only to his own life, his mother. It may sound a bit dramatic but for him, she is his life. For the tall male, she is the reason for his living nothing more, nothing less. For him, she is the reason why his life matters in this world. Without her, he thinks his existence is useless.

What can a singer do? Can he change the sequence of my life? Can he stop time? Can he make everything back to normal again? No, he cannot. Why would I waste my time waiting for him? The Korean boy thought. It was not a big deal, the singer has nothing to do with his life but his mind was on a disaster. What runs on his mind right now wasn’t clear, all just came out and he cannot control. Truthfully, he’s tired to think, he wanted an escape but he does not know how.

Chanyeol, being known as the Happy Virus finds it hard to retain his image. It was not easy for him to show his other side to everyone, the truthful side of his life. Seeing him happy and always full with delight was common to everyone who surrounds him. For them he is a tall Korean male who wears a special bright wide smile on his face. A boy who can transform everyone’s doomed day into a better one. But surely they do not know what he feels inside. They do not have any idea on what he’s going trough. They do not know if he is hurting with so much pain or when he’s nearly breaking. What they see is barely real. They see him but not all of him, only a part of him that quite exists. Sometimes he wanted to stop but he can’t. He does not want the world to pity him. He does not want to make anyone feel what he is exactly feeling. He does not want anyone to suffer because of him. What he wanted was to make all believe that nothing is going rough, that everything was going smoothly.

 

The Korean male heard an unfamiliar voice coming from the stage. It was the new singer. He took a glance behind the sea of people but his mind stopped him to look away. A shorter boy from his height with a purple-colored hair and a glowing white skin came to his view. The shorter male was wearing an obvious thick eyeliner but his charm remained.

“Good evening ladies and gentlemen, my name is Byun Baekhyun and tonight, I’m gonna sing a very special song to all of you. Please do enjoy.” The singer introduced himself. For a newbie, he easily caught everyone’s attention. The noisy place and the wild crowd a while ago turned into a serene one and one of them is Chanyeol. The singer started to strum his guitar, an angelic yet powerful voice came out to his mouth. Everyone was surprised, amazed how different he was on what they expected him to be.

 

She’s my Blackpearl ~

She’s my Blackpearl ~~

 

The tall male stood behind, frozen. A strange feeling hit him. It was like he wanted to take back what he thought a while ago, that he was not interested.

 

Jidoneun pillyo eobseo nae mami neol garikyeo
Gal giri heomnanhaedo ijjeumeseo geureoken motanda
Han sido tteoreojyeo ijeobon jeogi eomneunde
Jeo meolli supyeongseon kkeute neoui moseubeul bol su itdamyeon


He felt his world stopped, the time stopped with the singer only left with him. The shorter male’s voice turned into the taller male’s ecstasy. He finally found an escape.

 

Nan docheul ollyeo kkeutkkaji barame nal sitgo oh
Geochireojin sumyeonui yodongeul jaewo

Eodum soge pin kkot, bada wie tteun dal
Bimil gateun geu got, my beautiful black pearl
Eodum soge pin kkot, bada wie tteun dal
Bimil gateun geu got, my beautiful black pearl


 


It seems that everything was back into normality again. No pain trying to hide, not hurting from how reality breaks him. No tears trying to fall. There was nothing but felicity and freedom.

 

Siljaehagin haneun geonji hyeonsilgwaneun dongtteoreojin
Kkumgwa isang sogeul hemaego inna

Sinhwa soge sal geotman gateun oh, naui yeosina
Siganeul hechigo neol chajaga
Yeongwonhan geotdeureun mideobon jeogi eomneunde
Geutorok ganjeolhage na barawatdeon neol dake doendamyeon

 

Their eyes met. Their eyes darted from one another, both stayed still. There he was singing on stage lost in his own world while there the taller male was, watching the shorter boy take him slowly to his world. A new world that is supposedly different from his reality. From this moment he forgot everything. All his hurt all his ache drifts away.

 

Nan docheul ollyeo kkeutkkaji barame nal sitgo oh
Geochireojin sumyeonui yodongeul jaewo

Eodum soge pin kkot, bada wie tteun dal
Bimil gateun geu got, my beautiful black pearl
Eodum soge pin kkot, bada wie tteun dal
Bimil gateun geu got, my beautiful black pearl


 


A crashing sound ended his fantasy. The empty tray he was holding fell from his bare hands. Their eyes separated. He snapped back to reality. All the pain and aches gone earlier went back and his chest felt heavy again. He sighed deeply while picking up the tray and trying to compose himself.

 

Geochireojin sumyeonui yodongeul jaewo ~

Geochireojin sumyeonui yodongeul jaewo~

Geochireojin sumyeonui yodongeul jaewo~
She’s my black pearl oh- she is my black pearl
Nan haneure tteun taeyanggwa daseot gaeui daeyang oh
Challanhage bitnaneun geunyeoreul hyanghae

Jiteun angae soge nopeun pado wie heuritage bichin my beautiful black pearl
Gipeun chimmuk soge seulpeun seonyul wie huimihage deullin she’s my beautiful, beautiful black pearl

 



Yes, he seemed to stop time, he could make him believe like everything was back in normality again but still; the singer named Baekhyun cannot change the sequence of his life and he should accept the mere fact that no one could but only himself maybe.

 

“I told you he was great.” A tanned skin boy showed up.

“Yeah.”  The taller boy plainly answered. In the back of his mind saying ‘Yes he is’, but the taller boy doesn’t want to admit the fact that the singer was beyond great.

“Come, I’ll introduce you.” The Korean male was unsure but he goes. The singer was coming down the stage when they reach him.

“Hey, I’m Kai, remember?” The tanned skin approached the singer.

“Ne, annyeong Kai-ssi.” He greeted then bowed to the taller males in front of him.

“I’d like you to be more familiar here. This is Chanyeol, Chanyeol this is Baekhyun.” Kai said while pointing to both 2 strangers.

“Nice to meet you.” The taller male greeted casually without looking at the other’s eyes. He’s afraid that he will be lost again when he stares at the singer’s eyes.

“I-I think we’ve met.” The singer said trying to meet the other male’s gaze.

“Where?”  Full of curiosity, the taller boy looked in the other but not in his eyes.

“In your paradise.” The singer answered with his soothing voice that echoed in the other male’s ears. The tanned skin male was left hanging, not knowing what was happening between the two. This time their eyes finally met, again.

 


 

Author's Note :
 

 

 

I removed the rap part in 'blackpearl' for some reasons. :)