Chapter 5: Sulli

Dangerous Love

 

Sulli
 
How did this happen? All in one day? What a stupid girl I was. What a stupid boy he was! I haven't let this secret of mine out in four years. And then this boy came along and ruined it all.

I had a plan. Just work my off for four years and get out of here. No matter what pain I had to deal with between those four years. I still had that plan.

Maybe he wouldn't tell anyone. Maybe he'd keep quiet. Or maybe he would think I was a freak and ignore me until the year was over. 

I doubted it though. I ran home like I always did. I had to beat my "dad" home to get in a volunteer shift at the Pizza Shack.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Awww! Look who's back. Couldn't keep away, could you?"

I smiled, or forced my lips to turn up. "I guess not."

The shift went fast. Too fast for my liking. I was about to clock out when James*, the General Manager of night shift, called me into his office. "Yea?"

"You're going to kill me. But we just got a new applicant and I was wondering if you could stay until close to help me train her?" He seemed scared to ask.

"Sure, James*."

"Alrighty then. I'll introduce you to her." He led me out of the office and I saw a girl that I raved to be. She was perfect. She looked like that kind of girl who could have anything she wanted. So why was she working here?

I was tempted to roll my eyes at her, but I beat out of the temptation. 

She held out her hand out to me with a smile. "Hi. I'm Yumi." But her smile was off, it was fake, more broken than mine.
 
*just made up name... sorry... :)