Unexpected Friendship

Take Me Away

Hoon was posing at the side of the stage in his favorite black leather jacket and striking orange pants, armed with his shiny, posh guitar and shades to complete his dashing outlook when Justine stormed through the door.  In a flash, he took his shades off and found an empty seat near Justine’s favorite table as he observe Justine silently in hope she would notice him. DongHo and Eli spoke to her briefly before her younger sister made an appearance at the club. Hoon could sense that something was bothering her tonight; he was staring intensely, trying to make up what was said between Justine and her sister when DongHo and Eli join him at the table.

 

“Hyung, Hoonie hyung!! Justine unnie is here!” DongHo run towards Hoon to announce Justine’s presence when he tripped and fell on his face. 

 

Eli looks down at DongHo with a proud smirk on his face; he jumped over the DongHo and grabs a seat beside Hoon. “Yeah, Hoon, you should be glad, I think the rumors about her wasn’t really true.”

 

DongHo stood up, pouting his lips as he shot Eli a stare. “Eli I’m going to get you for that!” He brushes off his pink hoody and plopped beside Eli while trying to think of ways to pay him back for his deeds when he heard Eli shouted. “OUCH!” Hoon had smacked Eli with his scheduler. DongHo covered his mouth holding in his laugher but failed terribly as he rolled on the couch laughing and pointing fingers towards Eli’s direction.

 

“That,” Hoon said, “Is for adding the fuel to the fire!” He was referring to the conversation Eli had with Justine. Eli rubbed his head with his hand giving Hoon a puzzled look. He still couldn’t figure out what Hoon means. Hoon adjust his voice to mime Eli’s, “You know, I heard some really weird rumors that you had a makeover into one of those typical guy magnets around. You know, nice decent clothes, light make-up, soft-spoken, those kinds of girls. But you still look same old to me.”

 

JaeSeop’s voice invaded the room through the speakers asking Justine to take the stage. “Justine, you’re next!” Their conversation was on put on hold; Dongho stopped rolling and stood up straight signaling his anticipation for Justine’s performance. As Justine walked closer towards the stage, JaeSeop offered his hand and lead her up on stage before walking down to join Hoon at the table. “It’s been a while isn’t it?” JaeSeop commented casually and the rest of the boys nod in response. It’s been a while since Justine performed at the club. Hoon, Eli, DongHo and JaeSeop ‘s frequent to the club was decreasing due to their hectic schedules but Hoon never fails to make effort to chill out every now and then as somewhere deep inside his heart, he awaits for this moment to come.
 

=========================================


Hoon was enjoying the sceneries outside the window of the club, while trying to make out Justine’s silhouette; she walked out of the club right after her performance. The jamming club is secluded by itself right smack in the middle of the beach. This is the only place that Hoon and the rest of the boys could let their guard down and be themselves without worries. In this small town where surprisingly, no one cares about the famous everyone seems to be living their own lives. “How long are you going to just look at her from far like this?” JaeSeop placed his hand on Hoon’s shoulders. “Hoon, go and look for her, c’mon, strike a conversation with her!” JaeSeop ushered Hoon out of the door and before he closed it he continue. “And oh, don’t come back if you don’t find her!”

 

Hoon found Justine walking along the shoreline it seems like she has a lot on her mind. Justine suddenly stops walking and sit quietly on the warm cozy sand as she stared into space. Hoon take in deep breathe muttering to himself, “Breathe and believe, breathe and believe” As he plucks the courage to walk up to her. “Ermm… Hi… May I sit down?” He stammered.

 

Justine looks up and welcomes him with a smile as she nods her head. “I know you…” She said quietly. “You’re that shy guy from the club.”

 

Hoon could feel his cheeks burning up ‘She noticed me!’ He smiles to himself before answering, “Me? I’m shy?”

 

Justine looks away giggling, “In my eyes, you are. Are you not?”

 

“I don’t think so.” Hoon said as a matter of fact, he’s only shy in her presence.

 

“Well in case you don’t notice, there’s loads of those guy-magnet type of girls waiting for you to perform but at the end of the day you’ll just quietly sneak out of the club with that dreamer black shiny guitar of yours, Glamorous!” Justine smiles, she always wished she owned her personal guitar.

 

“Wow, I’d never thought you would notice me.” Hoon confessed. “I heard you playing just now… It’s been a while…”

 

“Yeah I know… was too caught up with other things that made me forgot who I was.” Justine said quietly.

 

“By the way, how rude of me, I didn’t introduce myself, I’m Hoon.” Hoon offered his hand. “And you’re Justine right?”

 

“It’s nice that someone actually take the trouble to know my name.” Justine replies and place her hand in his.

 

“HOON!” HwaSeok voice was heard in a distance. Hoon and Justine turned toward the direction of the voice and saw a man waving. “HOON! LET’S GO!”

 

Hoon waved back and shouted, “COMING HYUNG!” He then turn to Justine and pouted. “I’m so sorry but I got to go now. I really want to hear from you again soon.”  Hoon took out a piece of paper and pen from his side pocket and quickly scribble his number on it. “Call me some time or text me if want.” He gave the paper to Justine and he swiftly jumped up on his feet. “Justine, just so you know, you’re never alone.” Without thinking Hoon planted a kiss on her forehead and then ran back to the direction of the club.