Belt that song out like a K-pop idol!

Accidental Flirt [Abandoned xD]

Tuesday 5:23 PM

 

Hyemin unni

 Hey, I confirmed the whole thing with Ray.

He asked for your number so I gave it to him

(you can thank me later :P)

What?! You gave him my number?

Hyemin unni

 Lololol yup :D Anyway, how’s the trip?      

It’s cool, we walked around the city and

went to the market for some delicious food ^-^

Hyemin unni

Ah, ok. Did you guys visit any of the

palaces or ride the ferry on Hangang River?

We’re doing those tomorrow, actually :)

Hyemin unni

They’re really fun. I hope you’ll enjoy it.

I need to go, I’ll ttyl!  

Oh, ok. I’ll see you soon!

 

            You were about to stash your phone back into your backpack when it vibrated. You wanted to check who it was but Melody had already dragged you with her towards a shop with some life-size K-pop idol cutouts propped up near the front door. “Dude, it’s him!!!! Let’s take pictures and kill our friends back home with envy,” she gave a laugh that sounded slightly sinister.

            “Guys! You have 20 more minutes, after that we have to go back to the house and get ready for dinner,” Ms. Luna announced. The four teachers were having drinks at the nearby café while looking over the students. Some of the students were also enjoying drinks and ice cold patbingsus at the café since they have had enough of walking for the day.

            Unfortunately, you were friends with the most hyperactive teenage girl on this planet that the thought of chilling for a while over a good cup of coffee would never cross her mind. Instead, you were dragged around on your already sore feet, to different shops. You didn’t mind humoring her once in a while since Melody can be really reserved sometimes. Her mood swings around like the blades of a helicopter; how you could stand someone so insane was beyond your knowledge. Maybe it was because you are also somewhat crazy.

            Melody attracted the passerby’s attention as she loudly sang U-KISS’s ‘Stop Girl’ and had her arm around the cutouts of the group member. Oh what the heck, if you can’t stop ‘em; join ‘em.

            You went over to her and put one of your arms around Melody’s shoulder and sang along together. Some people stopped and actually got out their phones to record the craziness of the two foreign girls. Thankfully, there were those who joined the both of you with the singing, including a few of your friends. Once the song finished, Melody and you walked away from the cutouts and bowed to the audience of about 30 Koreans with the exception of a couple of Westerners who also stopped by to enjoy your duet.

            “Bravo!” a man with a German accent shouted out in your direction as he clapped loudly. Soon, the whole crowd followed along and you were showered with applause from strangers for your a cappella version of ‘Stop Girl’. You couldn’t help but blush a little since you just realized how embarrassing it was to sing like that in public.

            As Melody and you were thanking the audience for listening, you spotted a guy who had a familiar hairstyle and posture. He was walking away from the crowd with his back facing you. You shrugged it off and hurried over to Melody because the bus was leaving in a few minutes.  

______________________________________________________________________________________________

            You were waiting for Melody to finish her shower so you decided to check your phone to kill some time.

 

Tuesday 5:30 PM

 

Unknown

Hey, it’s Ray…

           

            “Oh my gosh, Ray texted me!!!” you shouted through the bathroom door. You quickly added his number into your contacts.

 

Tuesday 7:42 PM

 

Sorry, I was out and didn’t notice you texted.

 

 

            You couldn’t help feeling excited as you waited for his reply. You normally don’t believe in the whole cheesy butterflies in your stomach. And it really didn’t feel like that anyway, it was more like someone was shaking a bottle of soda with high gas concentration in your stomach. It was just waiting for that one thing to trigger the explosion.

 

 

Tuesday 7:46 PM

 

Super cute Ray :3

It’s okay. I saw you. In front of that

shop; you were singing.

YOU DID?! Sorry… But

how come I didn’t see you.

 

Oh, wait I think I did see someone that

resembles you a lot. That was you?

Super cute Ray :3

Yes, it was haha. So, do you enjoy singing?

  Yeah, I guess, but not in public! I don’t have                    

a really good singing voice, unlike my friend,

 Melody. You saw her, she was the crazy one

                                                                                                                                  next to me xD

Super cute Ray :3

We should go to a noraebang this Thursday,

then. I think Hyemin likes to sing too…

 

She does? I would never guess!

She’s always so quiet...

That would be really fun :3

Super cute Ray :3

And I like your voice… You should sing more,

like how I should smile more.

            I will if you will.

 

Super cute Ray :3

Deal. We’ll see on Thursday. 

Why did you agree to it?

Super cute Ray :3

Because…you were different. You didn’t care

what anyone else thinks. All the girls I know care

 too much and Hyemin is the only exception. I also

like you because you’re very…foreign? Is that correct?

Oh.

 

Uh, yeah, I guess I’m ‘foreign’ lol.

 Is it because I’m from a different country?

Super cute Ray :3

No, it’s not just because you’re a foreigner.

There’s something about you…

Umm, I need to get ready for dinner.

 I’ll text you later.

Super cute Ray :3

Are you coming to the restaurant?

            I don’t know… It’s up to the teacher.

I need to go, bye.

Super cute Ray :3

 Bye.

 

 

            You couldn’t believe the he just texted that he liked you. It was out of the blue too. Everything was going way too fast. There were only a couple of days before you have to fly back and leave all of this behind. You weren’t looking for a long term thing. This is all a dream, right? Aish, what have I gotten myself into?

            You dropped your head into your lap. You were squealing so loud that you barely sounded human.

            “Hey, what’s wrong? Is that a happy squeal or a sad one?” Melody asked as she quickly closed the door.

            “Both…” you looked up; your face was mixture of frustration and confusion. You proceeded to tell Melody everything that just happened.           

            “Five more minutes!” you heard just as soon as you finished talking.

            “We’ll continue over dinner. Come on, you should get ready,” Melody stood up and held out her hands to help you up.

______________________________________________________________________________________________

            Once again, the two of you followed Mr. Sanchez to the same restaurant because according to him, “The japchae was just exquisite, just exquisite.” You thought that it would be good to face him, because you didn’t want Thursday to be so awkward. You needed to get to know him better.

            As soon as the both of you placed your order, which was taken by Ray, again, you and Melody asked to be excused and went to the restroom.

            “Just go on the date, umm hang out session, the thing on Thursday and see how it all fans out. You always worry too much,” Melody said as she leaned against the wall with her arms crossed over her chest.

            “I guess… And I was just born that way man, I was born a worrier. I can’t help myself,” you gave Melody a huge gummy grin. “Ugh, come on. I should be enjoying my eye candy than worrying about this,” you pulled Melody out.

            After Ray had taken your order, he leaned in to pick up the menu and he whispered, “You came,” into your ear. You could imagine the smile he had as he said it. The whole time he was serving your table, he was being extremely nice to you. He put extra care in placing the dishes in front of you and always asked you if you needed more water, more napkins, or just anything else. You could feel the others staring at you but you could care less because it felt nice to be appreciated once in a while. Every time you glanced over to his face, he would try to smile, as you had asked him to yesterday.  

            Halfway through your delicious serving of kimchijeon Ray tapped you on the shoulder. “Hey, I just finished my shift; do you want to meet my friends? They are dying to see you,” he gave a laugh and you almost choked on your pancake. If he looked heart-shakingly gorgeous when he smiles, then when he laughs it was like your heart was punched really hard, in a good way, of course.

            “Yeah, sure. I would love to meet your friends. Can I bring Melody with me?” you took a sip of water before getting up.

            “Why not? The more the merrier.”

           Ray led the two of you through the kitchen and to a small secluded corner besides the dishwashing machines. There were three guys just chilling on a four sitter sofa. It was a weird sight to see a sofa in a kitchen. They all stood up to greet you and Melody as you approached them.

            Both parties gave polite bows to one another and greeted with snippets of annyeonghaseyo and hello. Ray introduced his friends as Siwoo, Kangjun and T.K. Siwoo was a tall guy with slightly shaggy ginger hair. He gave a nod when he was introduced and continued his nap on the sofa. Kangjun had a short haircut in his natural hair color and he seemed friendly. He even smiled and gave you a curious glance. His limited English made it almost impossible to have a smooth conversation, though. Lastly, there was T.K. His hair was so blindingly blonde with a buzz cut on the side that was left in his natural black. The mushroom cut covered some of his side buzz. He looked like the youngest among the four friends.

            Ray then introduced you and Melody to them in Korean. Only Kangjun and T.K were listening since they were actually awake unlike Siwoo. T.K’s English wasn’t bad, he told you that he had learned English through listening to songs, especially raps. Ray tried to translate what Kangjun was saying and also your replies to him as best as he could. Kangjun were speaking so fast nonstop that Ray had to scold him to keep it short and simple.  

            You were envious of their closeness. They seemed like long lost brothers. You knew that nothing could separate them from each other.  

            By the end of the somewhat awkward first meeting, you were let in on some of Ray’s and his friends’ background. Siwoo is the oldest among the four and he is normally like that, they assured. He doesn’t say much and when he does, they barely make sense. But he takes care of his dongsaengs in his own way. Kangjun is the same age as Ray and they are close friends. The way Kangjun described their friendship, it made it seem as if he is Ray’s one and only childhood friend, maybe he is. T.K is the youngest and he plays the role of the playful maknae. He looks older than his age but his personality stays true to his age. They frequently hang out together and they were excited to go out on Thursday.   

            You and Melody were listening to the rap T.K was working on at the moment when Ray pulled you aside. “Hey,” he said.

            “Hey, what’s up?” you gave him a confused look.

            “Nothing, just wanted you all to myself. I think they are trying to steal you from me.”

            “Hmmm,” you didn’t know what to say to that.

            “We should talk more, but right now I should get the two of you back to your friends and teacher,” he patted your head softly and told the others to say goodbye.

            Melody scored T.K’s number as they excitedly talked about their favorite Korean rappers. Melody was ecstatic to have finally found a native speaker to translate her favorite songs for her. They waved goodbye happily and made promises to talk again on Thursday. You said goodbye to T.K in which he smiled brightly as a reply and also to Kangjun which in return you got a heavily accented goodbye. You felt slightly attached to them in a way. You would love to get to know them more. On your way out, you whispered a soft goodbye to the sleeping Siwoo, and he gave a slight nod. I guess he’s a light sleeper?

            The rest of the table had finished with their food and the waitress was cleaning up the table. Mr. Sanchez looked up as you and Melody approached the table. “Ah, so everyone is present, now? Okay, please wait outside as I pay,” he stood up and got out his wallet.

            Melody walked out with the rest of the other students and you were left behind with Ray. “I can’t come tomorrow,” you started, “we’re going for hanjeongsik to celebrate our second to last day.”

            “Oh, it’s okay. I’ll text you,” he gave you another pat on the head and waved goodbye.

You waved back as you walked back to the house with the others. His face was unreadable; you couldn’t guess whether he was sad or happy. He had the smile he promised you, plastered on his face and you slightly regretted forcing him to do something so unlike him. Maybe his smiles are saved for what he holds dear to his heart, and now I can’t figure out what is special to him…

==============================================================================================

Is it shorter than my first chap? The texts just make it look longer, but it's not as wordy ^.^

You don't know how happy I am to keep it short, man. Tell me, is the whole text format cool? Or is it annoying?

Please, please, give me any critic. Just shove it up my face, I don't care. I really need to know the hard bitter truth!

One more thing, "heart-shakingly" is defo a word okay?! I'm not good at all this literary words. asjhdfajhf what is literature... 

Peace out,

TL