I remember

I remember

Without noticing it, they were attracting each other like magnets, the one thing keeping them apart gone, because of a hand fracture.

Promoting One Shot with just the five of them felt more than just difficult. It felt wrong - at least in the beginning.

Even though Yongguk was always the type of guy to isolate himself from the others and play the strong leader, only s knew he actually needed someone by his side. Normally Himchan would do the part and give Yongguk the random and nonchalant skin ship he oh so much appreciated, without actually showing it. It was an unsaid agreement between the best friends. Nothing more, nothing less.

But now this was missing and the leader felt empty. Although he and his mate talked on the phone a lot and messaged each other in between B.A.P's schedules, it didn't feel the same.

That's why Yongguk was more than just happy, when one day Daehyun was suddenly beside him.

It started out as nothing. Daehyun always standing behind him at the end pose of One Shot. Soon Yongguk knew he could turn around and see the younger's face.

At fan signs they would sit together, chit chat in between breaks and when fans were moving on to other members to get autographs they would look at each other and exchange smiles and laughs that lit up their mood.

The leader always appreciated the main vocalist, even before his best friend had injured his hand. He admired him not only as a member, but as an artist he was able to work with and as, matter of factly, a friend.

Back in the days when they were re-doing his solo song "I remember" to put it on their mini album, he already noticed his affection for the other. They were staying up late in the studio, perfecting the already perfect song.

But just like Yongguk, Daehyun was never satisfied and knew he could do better. A trait that he knew from himself and one he admired in the boy, because sometimes it felt like the vocalist was even more eager to be perfect than the leader.

It seemed like Yongguk only now found out that there was more that connected them. Maybe Himchan was the one factor that kept him from noticing.

They had much more in common than he first thought. Not only their passion for music and delivering feelings and messages through it, but also their taste in style, their attitude and character.

 

Daehyun had to deny the undeniable feelings for his leader since they first met. He was new to the group, but through Yongguk he felt welcomed. But, he was new and they were about to debut, so he hid his feelings, shut away in the darkest corner of his heart. He couldn't know. It wasn't possible.

He was thankful for Himchan though. He was always there, blocking anything that could make Daehyun forget himself and do something he shouldn't do. 

He knew Himchan was just a best friend, trying to comfort his mate. He asked him once, just to make sure. Love triangles always end bad. Not that anything was going to happen anyways. No.

In the beginning it was really hard to keep it to himself, but the more they promoted, the busier they became, he got better and better in hiding his feelings. And if he had the urge to have some skinship or be affectionate, he took it out on the other members. Especially his dear friend Youngjae. Who was also the only person who knew about his feelings for the leader. 

He was grateful that Youngjae was such a good and wise friend. Although they were still so young it always seemed like Youngjae already lived much much longer and had the most experience in life. 

He was also the one who pushed Daehyun forward and said it was now the right time to get closer to Yongguk, now that Himchan wasn't there. They all knew Yongguk was lonely and what better time to use.

Daehyun felt wrong at first. But the feelings he had locked away came crawling out of the dark corner and he soon felt himself getting closer to his hyung.

It wasn't the first time though, that they got closer. When they were re-recording "I remember", he felt something between them. It was nothing in particular, like an accidental brush of fingers against an arm or getting rid of the hyung-dongsaeng. They became friends after their work and in some way the song held something special for both of them.

 

Yongguk felt himself losing control over his feelings. He appreciated the vicinity of the younger and he thought it was just like with Himchan, nothing more than affection between friends. But there was more. When they performed One Shot, he was always anticipating the end pose the most. Just so he could look at Daehyun when they walked away from the camera. 

At the dorm he was always the happiest when Daehyun sat next to him, eating his lunch as if the world was about to end. Normally he would scold him for not chewing and making a mess on the table, but now he just watched him. And he couldn't deny the tight knot in his stomach every time Daehyun would the corner of his mouth, because he left some rice corn there. Those thick, luscious lips... He had to clear his throat three times, before he was able to calm himself down from his thoughts.

He couldn't. He was the leader and Daehyun a member of his group. A part of his family. A family he was responsible for and he couldn't just walk around like a school girl, hanging with his eyes on the boys lips, imagining how it would feel to kiss him. No...

 

He was glad though, when Himchan came back and they started their long awaited America tour. It was so busy, he had no time to think about Daehyun any longer. They had to get the choreo back on track with six members, practice for the concerts and attend all the other schedules in America. Not to forget the sight seeing. He felt like a child again. A dream coming true. Being able to stand on Times Square, performing in front of International fans. It was thrilling. So thrilling that he was only able to steal one or to glances at Daehyun whenever they performed their song. Yes, it was their song. 

Yongguk, lucky to have his sunglasses on, finally had the chance to look at the younger without being noticed. He listened to every note that came out of the boy and he felt goosebumps cover his arms under his suit that was luckily hiding all the evidence of his feelings.

 

Whenever Daehyun sang that song, he tried to give it his all, just to impress his leader. To make him maybe notice, that those smiles they shared, the random skinship and all the other things they did, were actually more than just friendship. More than Yongguk and Himchan connected.

 

Himchan noticed. He knew his best friend better than anyone else. He noticed that Yongguk was trying to hide his feelings for Daehyun. And he knew that Daehyun was doing the same. He might look like he is always busy with himself, but he's not called the mother of the group for nothing. You sense it as a mum, when something's fishy. And B.A.P had a big fish floating around.

"Bbang, do you like Daehyun?" He sat on the couch next to the leader, who was looking through a new art book he got in LA.

"W-what?!" Yongguk visibly nervous, looked up from his book, but tried to avoid Himchans gaze.

"I know it, Gukkie. I know you and I see it in your eyes, everytime Daehyun is near." Himchan poked Yongguk's shoulder repeatedly.

"Ya! That's not true!" Clearly tensing, Yongguk stood up and walked to the window front, embracing his art book.

If I told anyone about this, no one would ever believe me, Himchan thought and giggled to himself.

Yongguk tried to focus on the sky scrapers of Japan, but he felt Himchan boring holes into his back, making his body tense.

"What?" Yongguk asked annoyed and distressed, not looking back,

"You act like a 5 year old. What's so wrong about admitting your feelings?"

"I can't Himchan. You know that." Yongguk let his gaze fall from the night view to the floor of their shared hotel room.

"Why can't you? Because of the fans? The public? Yes I know. It , but you still gotta try, Bbang." Yongguk heard the sofa moving and soon he felt Himchan's hand on his shoulder.

"That's not even it. I just- ... we are family, Chan. I am responsible for you guys and I can't just walk around and be all lovey-dovey. That's not me." Yongguk let out a sigh.

"Gukkie... That's exactly how you are. The real you. The one we all love and appreciate. The tough leader is just a role, but the soft and caring Yongguk is the one that matters. And that Yongguk should really talk to Daehyun." He squeezed his friends' shoulder.

"You are so annoying, you know that right?" Yongguk said, turning around with a smile on his face, despite his statement.

"I know." Himchan smiled back at him.

 

Daehyun was lying on his bed. He thought of their MTV Diary selca's back in Singapore. It was a lot of fun doing it with Youngjae, joking around. 

He got up and went to get his backpack. He actually had a camera there from sight seeing and he felt like doing a video diary - just for himself. He had to get some things off his chest. And although Youngjae was there for him to talk about his innermost secrets, he couldn't talk about everything with him.

Good thing he was alone, because Youngjae was out with Jongup and Zelo. He was asked to join them, but he didn't feel like it.

He turned the camera on and lay back on his bed. He thought about how Babyz would probably go nuts if this was ever released publicly, because he was shirtless and only in his boxers. He was a bit proud of himself for being able to pull off the bulky image and even beating Jongup. He had been working hard for this. Well, he had to put all his energy he got from hiding his feelings somewhere, right?

"Where do I even start? Loving a fellow band member is already hard enough, but having to hide it... I don't know how long I'll be able to continue this torture. I know there must be something there. The way he smiles at me whenever we touch or look at each other...." He paused and let out an exasperated sigh.

"Maybe I'm imagining things... I really don't think I could ever confess to him. It would destroy our friendship. We got so close lately and I wouldn't want to miss this..." He turned to his side, resting his head on his elbow, looking straight into the camera.

"Is it possible to miss someone, even though he's near? I feel like he's far away, although he's standing right next to me. I miss him..." He rolled on his back and ruffled his hair in frustration. "Hah, damn it! How should I-"

Daehyun got cut off when he suddenly saw a figure standing in the door frame. He let the camera fall down and held his chest tight. His heart was beating like crazy.

"God! You scared me to death!" 

"I'm sorry." Yongguk closed the door behind him.

Realizing that the one person he was talking about just now was standing in his room, he froze, his eyes getting bigger.

"Uhm... uh- h-hyung... did you-?"

"Yeah I heard what you were saying earlier..." Yongguks lips formed a small smile, when he saw Daehyun facepalming himself.

"Great... that was the one thing that wasn't supposed to happen!" He let out a sigh, his hand covering his eyes.

Yongguk slowly came closer, till he was standing at the edge of the bed.

Daehyun felt the mattress move when suddenly he felt a hand on his arm.

"Why?" 

"Because- ... Because..." Daehyun couldn't think of any reason.

"Yeah that's what I realized as well..." Yongguk let his finger tips slide down Daehyun's arm till he reached the youngers' hand. Shivers went through Daehyun's body. He was confused and to his dismay a bit aroused. 

"What did you realize?" His voice sounded nervous and he tried to clear his throat.

What he didn't expect was that Yongguk would come even closer. Suddenly they were face to face, their noses almost touching. He could feel the uneven breath of his leader on his skin and he noticed he wasn't probably the only one that was nervous.

That's when he realized that maybe... just maybe, Yongguk feels the same way as him.

"Do you...?" 

"I-... I realized that... that there was more than just friendship between us and-" Yongguk didn't get to finish his sentence as Daehyun suddenly pulled on his neck and closed the distance between them. 

But what was supposed to be a kiss, ended in two noses bumping into each other making them both moan in pain.

"Ouch!" Yongguk sat up again and held his nose. Tears forming in his eyes and the prickling feeling in his smelling organ.

"Oh my god I'm so sorry, hyung!" Daehyun stood up from the bed to get the first aid kit out of the bathroom, but got stopped from Yongguk who grabbed his arm.

"Wait, it's okay! I'm fine, look" He showed Daehyun his nose and everything seemed okay.

"I'm so so sorry! I didn't mean to! I just wanted to... and- I don't.... I mean-" He got cut off from a pair of lips being placed on his own. His eyes widened in shock, but soon fell shut.

Yongguk never thought he would be the one to initiate this kind of thing first, but he felt the urge and need to shut the younger up and do what they should've done a long time ago.

He let his hands trace the frame of Daehyun's face. His finger tips outlining the delicate jaw. .His thumb carressing the soft skin of his cheeks. 

They both imagined this in their day dreams. Every time they looked at each other at fan signs and when they performed. How it would feel to have those lips touch each others mouths. WIthout knowing it, they were thinking the same. Feeling the same. And now finally they were able to experience it.

Daehyun slid his hand up Yongguks back, resting it against his neck and leaning him closer. He wanted more. So much more.

Yongguk moved his lips softly against those plump ones of the younger. He wanted to taste every bit of him. Sample the pleasure of every touch of skin he got.

Daehyun was eager to deepen the kiss, so he nibbled on Yongguks lower lip, before biting down just a bit. The older let out a low moan and Daehyun saw his chance to slide his tongue in. The new sensation was overwhelming for both of them. Wet muscles exploring each other. Almost like they were dancing.

Yongguk let his hands trail down Daehyun's throat, to his chest and then to his waist.

"Your work out has been paying off..." He said, breaking the kiss to get some air back into his lungs.

"Mhm..." Daehyun murmured, feeling how Yongguk pulled on his lower body, to get even closer. "Yongguk... I know we both want this... but-"

"I know, Dae. We gotta talk first." The older moved his hands up Daehyuns arms again and moved them both to the youngers' bed.

"Uh, hyung. What do you consider 'talking' to be?" Daehyun said in confusion and a bit of fright, when Yongguk sat them both down the bed.

"Talking as in talking, you little idiot!" Yongguk gave him a smack on his arm and started laughing.

"Ou! What the heck? You first kiss me and then you hit me?" But Daehyun had to laugh as well.

They sat there for a moment, just looking at each other and smiling. Just like they always did. But this time it meant more.

"Do you remember the time we were in the studio all alone, working on I remember?" Yongguk grabbed Daehyun's hand and started playing with it.

The younger looked down at their hands and smiled. "Yeah, I remember." They both started laughing again.

"Well, actually that was the day I started having feelings for you..." Yongguk traced the lines of Daehyun's palms, watching his finger move.

Daehyun was speechless and stared at his hyung. He felt the same way? All this time? Why did he never tell me?

"Why didn't you tell me?" 

Yongguk grabbed the hand he was playing with, finally looking at Daehyun.

"I couldn't. I am your leader. Your family. Your friend. I couldn't risk all this, just to end up destroying the group and making everything complicated." He entwinded their fingers and smiled at the vocalist. "But Himchannie told me, I should risk it."

"What? Himchan hyung knows?!" Daehyun's eyes widened in shock, but Yongguk held onto his hand a bit tighter.

"Yeah, well he said he's not the mom of this group for nothing. He noticed - both of us." Remembering their conversation he laughed to himself. 

"Okay... wow. Was I that obvious?"

"Not so much, I guess. Or else I would've noticed, right?"

"Right." Daehyun gave Yongguk his trademark smile he adored so much.

"I love your smile." Yongguk reached out his free hand to carress Daehyun's cheek.

"Y-you... love-?" The smile immediately changed into another shocked face.

"Relax Daehyun. We only admitted our feelings a few minutes ago. I think we should see first, if this will work out, before it gets too serious."

"Oh, okay..." Visibly disappointed Daehyun lowered his gaze.

"Ah, the heck!" Yongguk grabbed Daehyun by the neck and let them both fall on the mattress.

"Yah! What are you doing?" The vocalist said. "We already had your nose almost broken, remember?"

"Yeah, I remember." They both started laughing, before Yongguk placed a kiss on Daehyun's lips again.