Chapter 31

Should I Take A Chance?
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

(A/N: My second post for today! Yay! :D)

 

Chapter 31

 

Haneul's POV

 

Haneul was sitting on their favorite spot at the school courtyard. She rubbed her hands together as the chilly wind passed by. It was fall season already and she watched as the leaves of the maple tree flew down to the ground.

 

"Neullie, you're spacing out again." Yoona poked her side.

 

She blinked twice. "Oh, I didn't notice."

 

"What are you thinking about, anyway? These days you seem to be bothered with something." Sulli asked her.

 

"It's nothing. I think I'm just savoring these carefree days. I was so occupied with university exams and the races on the past months."

 

"Yeah. A breather like this is a nice change." Dara agreed with her.

 

"We have to get ready for graduation exams though." Sulli reminded them.

 

They all groaned in unison. There were a few months left before graduation. The four of them all planned to go to university after high school so they need to pass everything to be legitimately accepted.

 

"Neullie, why aren't you with Kyuhyun today, by the way?" Yoona asked.

 

"He went to the faculty room to get some papers and transcripts or something. It's for university." She answered.

 

"Oh. He's going to take Law, right? Then that means you're going to graduate ahead of him. Law school usually takes 8 years." Dara said.

 

She nodded grimly. She was hoping they would graduate at the same time then succeed on their careers and get married after (She unconsciously blushed at this thought.) but then it was Kyuhyun's life so she would support him.

 

"You two are most likely to get married at 27 or 28." Yoona told her, as if reading her thoughts.

 

"I wasn't thinking about that!" She protested.

 

Yoona furrowed her brows then showed off a teasing grin. "I was just saying. But right now, it's like you were admitting that you thought of it, too."

 

She scowled at the ground, embarrassed. "It's not bad to think about that, right?" She muttered.

 

Her friends laughed and started teasing her like usual. "Why don't you two just get married after high school?" Dara suggested.

 

"We're too young for that. We're not of legal age yet, too." She countered back.

 

"But I'm sure your parents will give their consent. They have been betting on you two even before you two existed." Sulli wiggled her brows playfully.

 

"If they get married, I'm sure that Neullie will probably have 10 children when she graduates from university." Dara said with a smirk.

 

"Dara-yah! That's too much!" Her face was beet red already. "How can you even have 10 children in a span of four years?!"

 

"You could have twins or triplets." Yoona chimed in.

 

"Have you two started making a family already?" Sulli asked.

 

"Are we going to be godmothers soon?" Dara added.

 

"YAH!!! Stop it!" She stomped her feet and covered her face. She was really embarrassed by these kinds of things. "Seriously, you three are too erted to be girls."

 

They just laughed and started teasing her again. But it made her smile inside. Just hanging out and laughing was good in taking her mind away from things.

 

To be really honest, she was worried ever since that night at the Lee mansion. Kyuhyun was trying to tell her something important but he seemed to be to hesitant about it. It was as if he knew she would get hurt on whatever it was. She really wanted to push it out of him but she was scared, too. If it concerns Kyuhyun, she doesn't know if she could take it as well.

 

But I have to be strong for him, right? Or he would never have the guts to tell me. She sighed deeply. Just when she thought everything was perfect, there's a storm brewing.

 

"Neullie, is there something wrong?" Yoona asked her. They looked worried over her now.

 

"Oh, I'm fine." She smiled, even if she didnt really feel like it.

 

"We thought you're already pissed because we don't stop teasing you." Sulli said.

 

"I really am tired with it."

 

"Then let's some more!" Dara exclaimed. She just shook her head in amusement. Friends. They're always there to cheer you up.

 

-

 

"1 sheep, 2 sheep, 3 sheep, 4 sheep.." Haneul muttered while lying on her bed. "Aissh! It's not working!" She rolled on her back and buried her face on the pillow. It was terribly hard for her to sleep that night.

 

She was still thinking about Kyuhyun. He was so busy these days that he was always arranging something on somewhere that they rarely have time together anymore. She was understanding about it. She was just worried because he seemed stressed than usual. He told her it was for law school but.. isn't it too early for that? As far as she knows, the results for the university entrance exams that they took wasn't out yet.

 

Well, it's Kyuhyun she was talking about so he most likely passed every exam without even trying so hard. She wondered if what he wants to tell her was related to whatever he was busy at right now.

 

She grabbed her phone from her bedside table and looked at the time. 11:47pm. There's class the next morning so she should be on dreamland right now.

 

Without giving much thought, she sent a text to Kyuhyun saying, 'Goodnight, Kyunnie. ≧﹏≦'

 

He was probably asleep already. He was most likely tired from all the tasks he did that day so she almost jumped off bed when her phone rang. She answered it immediately before her parents could hear it.

 

"Yoboseyo? Who's this?" Haneul said quietly.

 

"Who else would be calling you tonight?" She heard him sigh. He sounded tired.

 

"Oh. Kyunnie."

 

"Were you expecting someone else?" He asked suspiciously. "I received your text. Why are you still awake?"

 

"I can't sleep." She said simply.

 

"Why?"

 

"I don't know. I just can't. How about you, Kyunnie? You should be asleep now. You need some rest. You seemed really tired earlier."

 

"I can't sleep, too."

 

"Oh."

 

Silence enveloped them and all she could hear were their steady breathing. But neither of them wanted to end the call.

 

"Kyunnie." She broke the silence first.

 

"Hmm?"

 

"I miss you." Haneul said softly. She was actually shy to say it but she just had to let it out. She half-wished that he didn't hear it.

 

Kyuhyun didn't answer and she wondered about it. He should have answered back or something. Did he fall asleep already? "Kyunnie, are you still there?"

 

He was still silent for a few minutes and she was about to end the call when he spoke again. "Look down your window, Haneul."

 

"Huh? Why?"

 

"I'm right down here."

 

Her eyes widened. He really went to go see her just because she

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter