Happens

★ Three Seconds to Fall in Love ★

 

 happens 

 

“It’s really effective! I’ve read some book and this is the first step to approach your crush,” Jimin kept beaming, kept bragging about that three seconds charm.

I raised an eyebrow as I peeked at Youngjae, making sure he’s not looking at me, and then I looked at Jimin again. “You sure? You haven’t use this charm, right?” I asked. Jimin wasn’t the type that flirted with guys easily, I knew.

Jimin grinned sheepishly and shook her head. I face palmed myself. Like seriously – she didn’t even know if this charm would work or not, but here she was recommending that three seconds charm.

“You can’t guarantee anything…” I murmured to myself, rubbing my forehead.

Jimin patted my back, obliviously wanted to make me feel better. But heck, it wouldn’t work. “Three seconds! First three seconds, you should make an eye contact with him. Second three seconds, you should smile at him. Next, you should do your activity like usual,” she explained.

I groaned reluctantly, I laid my head on my desk. I let my hair covered my face. “It’s six seconds in total, Park Jimin,” I hissed.

I felt Jimin nudged me, “Aw come on, six seconds aren’t a long time!”

***

Make an eye contact with Youngjae – three seconds; smile to him – three seconds. All I need was six seconds, staring Youngjae into his eyes without breaking the eye contact. Youngjae, in three seconds I would show you that I was exist. The next three seconds would show you that I was interested in you.

Youngjae, I would like to make you mine in those three seconds.

***

Of course, I wouldn’t do those steps in the classroom. It would be creepy, awkward, and simply weird. In addition, Youngjae rarely looked at his back. He always had his focus on the blackboard, teacher, or students who kept answering the teacher’s questions. Sometimes, Youngjae would laugh at sarcastic jokes those were made by Daehyun.

I cleared my throat silently, I noted down some unimportant notes – I just wanted to look diligent. Everything was all because of Yoo Youngjae. I didn’t know what made me madly in love with him – this was sure more than a crush. I thought I had been pulled to him, closer and stronger the pull as I kept thinking about him.

I let out a sigh and let my mind wandered around. Maybe Jimin was right, I seemed so desperate to make Youngjae noticed me. I was pathetic, no hope to get Youngjae’s attention.

And then, my mind would go to those three steps. Should I do it, shouldn’t I do it. I wanted to pick a flower on the school’s garden, I would like to use love-me-love-me-not to choose my decision.

I tapped my pencil against my book. Minutes before the break started, those minutes felt so long. I became impatient, mind wasn’t clear. Use that charm, didn’t use that charm.

Tick. Tick. The bell suddenly rang, my mind stopped at ‘use the charm’. I let out a deep sigh, burying my face onto my book.

“You should eat, Aesook,” I heard Jimin cooed.

I groaned and stood up from my seat. Eat – that’s the only thing I thought that time. It felt like I suddenly didn’t think about Youngjae. Food was everything that I needed that second. I couldn’t wait for food on the canteen. My stomach had been holding its hunger too long, and now it’s begging to be filled.

“Let’s go, I’m hungry,” I said, grinning sheepishly and dragged Jimin out from the now-empty-classroom.

We talked, laughed, joking around with each other as we walked toward the canteen. As usual, we would queue to buy our lunch. As we continued to talk, I saw Youngjae from the corner of my eyes.

My eyes stopped at him, only looking at him. He’s standing meters away from me, but I still could see him. Everything was blurry but not him. I couldn’t hear Jimin’s voice anymore – all I could see was Youngjae who was laughing, together with his friend.

“For the third time for today, oh my,” I heard Jimin muttered.

“Yeah, yeah,” I muttered back.

“Seem like your world and your mind are filled with only Yoo Youngjae, Yoo Youngjae, and Yoo Youngjae,” Jimin scoffed.

I was not, so I ignored her. However, I thought about Jimin’s words more and more. I had came to a perfect conclusion : she’s right. I only thought about Youngjae. Everything about him was flawless and perfect in my eyes. I could ignore Jimin once I saw Youngjae.

There was only one boy in my eyes and that’s Youngjae. From before, until now, it’s still him. And once he looked at me, it seemed like the world had stopped spinning. My breath was taken and I kept staring at him. We kept our eye contact – my goal was three seconds.

One. I could feel my cheeks were burning under his gaze. Oh my, how I wanted to look into his eyes closer.

Two. I realized I couldn’t blink my eyes. I wanted to make sure that I didn’t every millisecond that I had only to stare at his cute face.

Three. I was being pulled by Jimin and happened.

“It’s almost three seconds for Pete’s sake!!!” I hissed, cursing under my breath.

Jimin gaped at me, “You seriously did that three seconds charm?”

I stared at Jimin, “Are you joking around?” I wouldn’t be fooled, I told to myself.

Jimin shook her head, “You just…You refused to before,” she muttered.

“Well, people change,” I shrugged my shoulder.

***

“Ey, what are you thinking?” Daehyun asked Youngjae, as the latter slung his arm around Youngjae’s shoulder.

Youngjae shook his head and turned his attention to Daehyun, “Not really,” he mumbled, then took a step forward.

Daehyun raised an eyebrow, “Oh sure, you never spaced out before, tell your best buddy,” he said, grinning teasingly to Youngjae.

Youngjae shook his head, “Nothing, really.”

Daehyun scoffed. He rolled his eyes and said, “Tell me, that girl has been bothering you, huh?” he asked, pointing a girl with dark brown hair that’s talking to another girl.

Youngjae shrugged his shoulder – he didn’t answer. “What do you want for lunch?”

 


 

***

 

Please don't forget to comment or even better subscribe & upvote :)