Oh, Yoo Youngjae!

★ Three Seconds to Fall in Love ★

 

   ▬oh, yoo youngjae! 

 

I stared at my phone. There’s a picture of me and my other classmates, with my homeroom teacher too. It’s particularly was zoomed on a special person. Literally, he could make me smile every time I looked at him. Brown hair that’s short on sides, cheekbones those were showing because of his angelic smile – oh my, I couldn’t stop thinking about him.

He – the smartest student in my class, in addition he’s handsome and cute. I liked his smile, his voice, and I could be crazy because every second I thought about him. He’s nice and acted like a gentleman. Boy, he’s the most perfect guy I’ve met in my life.

He was called Yoo Youngjae. He’s quite popular in this school, thanks to his heart throbbing friend named Jung Daehyun. Daehyun was the opposite of Youngjae – he’s dumb, acted like jerk, even though I must admit that he’s handsome too (a heartthrob couldn’t be ugly, right?). Well anyway, Youngjae was the most handsome boy in my eyes – currently.

“Wipe that creepy smile off from your face,” someone said, startling me and made me immediately locked my phone. However, seconds later, I realized that it’s my friend who surprised me.

I rolled my eyes as Jimin sat in front of me and smirked, okay she should wipe that smirk.

“You should do some steps to make him notice you,” she said easily. I scoffed, rolling my eyes. Easy for her to say things like that, she’s the female version of Jung Daehyun – the school’s female heartthrob.

If Jimin had set her eyes on a particular guy, then she would catch him until the end. However, she never found the guy that could make her heart skipped a beat. The thought of her catching a random guy was surely awesome and rare. Having a pretty look, she only could make other guys’ heart to skip a beat.

Still, I envied her. I hoped I was at least as pretty as her, with that I could get Youngjae’s attention, right?

Right in front of my face, she shoved three out of her five fingers. “Three seconds, the charm of three seconds!” she beamed.

I chortled, “What three seconds…”

I heard she hissed. Her expression showed that she was pissed off because I underestimated her words. “Come on, just three seconds! Do every charm in three seconds!!!” she said, hands were clasped like she’s begging for me to do that three seconds charm.

I shrugged my shoulder. I was interested in that three seconds charm, maybe it could work, but it couldn’t work too. I wasn’t as brave as Jimin, it would be hard to approach Youngjae who never noticed me. If that three seconds charm was a failure, turning me into a big embarrassment, I couldn’t bring myself to forget myself.

“Three seconds! Come on,” she kept begging.

I shook my head now. “Sorry,” I said, sending an apologetic smile to Jimin.

Jimin pouted, “You’re no fun! You can try, come on!!!”

Still, I shook my head.

“Aesook, it would be great if you try. I don’t like to see my friend here looks so desperate to make her crush notice her existence,” she said.

I glared her, “So easy for you. Once I say no, still no!”

Jimin rolled her eyes and dropped her chin on my desk. Looked like she already gave up and my inner self was celebrating the moment. However, it stopped when I saw a familiar boy stepped into the class.

I couldn’t help but to stare at him. I thought I was drooling, Youngjae stepped into the class, smiling and laughing together with his friend, Daehyun. Just seeing him made me happy, seeing him happy made me even happier.

Both immediately went straight to their own seats – two seats away from me. I hoped that I could sit right behind him, but it would make me act like a fool.

“Aesook, do you even listen to me?” Jimin asked. I absentmindedly nodded, without knowing what she was talking about before.

She suddenly squeezed my cheeks, made me looked like a fish. She glared me deadly, “Get your mind up! You should approach him first and make him notice your presence!!!” she hissed.

I sighed, there she went again. I wanted to do those three seconds – what was the price, I should pay for it. However, I was really scared of the price – girl’s pride? I slapped her hands away, “I can’t!”

As I heard Jimin’s “suggestion” (I called it with her “ranting”), from the corner of my eyes I saw a girl approached Youngjae. I became alert at the girl and once again didn’t listen to Jimin.

The girl looked shy, walking so slow to Youngjae and Daehyun’s desks. She had something behind her, it made me scared the most. The girl would confess to one of them and I could only pray that she’s going to confess to Daehyun.

“Please accept my love,” she said shyly and then showed a chocolate box that’s decorated prettily. The chocolate was given to Youngjae and it broke my heart.That second, I could only pray that Youngjae wouldn’t accept her confession.

I saw Youngjae bowed his head politely, “I’m sorry, but I’m not interested,” he said politely. That second, I felt my heart lighter – I let out a sigh of relieved.

Suddenly I heard a very hard and loud slam. Jimin startled me once again. “Fine, you don’t even listen to me again!” Jimin suddenly barked.

I awkwardly looked around, apologizing to each student who had their attention on me and Jimin. And thanks to her loudness too, Youngjae and Daehyun looked at us for a while. Of course, I apologized to them – I was embarrassed for God’s sake.

“You should at least tell him your feeling! Even though he doesn’t accept you, at least he knows what you are feeling all this time,” she said. “And he won’t wait for you. Many girls are waiting for him, he could only choose one from them.”

Jimin was right. Youngjae wouldn’t wait for me, in addition I was out from his radar. I should do something to make him notice me, and then I would bravely tell him about what’s my heart feeling.

Aesook, fighting!

 

***

 

First chapter is posted :) how do you think?

Please don't forget to comment or even better subscribe & upvote xD