Beginning

Publishing One's Love

 

Year 2027.

March 29. 04:00PM KST

Oh's Mansion

 

A lady in simple pink top and in white shorts stood by the gates. Her name is Park Eunjin, the affluent daughter of one of the Samsung Board of Directors. She's known to be the future inheritor of Park Companies, which is considered to be one of the powerful companies in South Korea. Despite the big image, to her family and friends, she's the lady who love books the most, who enjoys simple life rather than living in the spotlight of fame and most especially, she's the girl who turned out to be fairy godmother of a woman named, Lee Hanna.

She pressed the doorbell upon arriving at Oh's upon arriving by a cab on a late afternoon of March.

Park Eunjin is now a university student at one of the prestigious schools in Seoul. Taking up Bachelors related to business, it is really obviously that in two or three years, she would be the new CEO of Park Companies. But to a commoner, Park Eunjin is a beautiful lady who would be appearing on magazines as models rather than a CEO in front of a newspaper headlines. Not even a single thought that she'd rather choose to ride on a train and bus or cab instead of having a driver with multiple body guards on her sides. 

“Why do you need to press the doorbell when you know the code anyways?” a voice asked from Eunjin’s back. Eunjin turn around and saw Myungsoo leaning by a black car. Cool. That’s what she thought.

Myungsoo, Lee Hanna's little brother and Eunjin's lover, is a doctor-in-the-making (he usually says that on a dinner with his folks). It was not really his dream to be a doctor but because of his older sister, Hanna and her spouse, it gave him inspiration. If not for her sister, he bet he is still a geeky student who'd just be stuck on computers rather than studying thick medical books and innocent about what love is.

[I'll be called Doctor Cupid, he added in his million jokes.]

“Proper etiquettes, Mr. Lee.” Eunjin replied with a formality in her voice. Myungsoo chuckled. Remebering how dull his life is before the beautiful lady in front of him came to his life. He could still remember how odd he looks. He's a guy who doesn't even know what fashion and contact lens is before. Now, he is a gentleman in everyone’s eyes and nobody would even believe that he was once a nerdy guy.

He chuckled and then he take two long strides towards her. "I miss you too babe." He whispered in her ear while wrapping his long arms on her slender waist.

“Yah!” Eunjin slap him by the chest.

“Thank you for saying you miss me too, Jin-jin.” He said and unlocks the code of the gate. “C’mon.”

 

Upon reaching the hall of the mansion, they saw Yohan, ten year old Lee Hanna's adopted daughter, half-lying on the couch while playing at her latest gadget from Apple. “Teenagers nowadays…” Eunjin murmured.

“Oh as if you are not like that way back then.” Myungsoo teased.

“Shut up.”

“I love you too babe.” Myungsoo steal kiss from Eunjin then walk away from her.

“Yohan, where’s noona?”

Myungsoo leaned forward to see what’s making Yohan busy but he just found out that she’s busy playing some game in her gadget.

“Upstairs.” She replied with a frown in her eyebrows, obviously not interested with a conversation with her uncle.

Yohan is barely five years old when she was adopted way back when Lee Hanna is in London. Yohan was an orphan, and Lee Hanna was a first timer volunteer at the said orphanage. According to the Director of the said orphanage, Yohan was only a week-old when they saw the kid in front of the orphanage's gate. Only a letter was left as the baby's belonging that was tuck on the basket. After Lee Hanna heard about the kid's past, the woman felt a tug on her heart and from that day she saw Yohan, she want to adopt the kid for an unknown reason.

 

“Hey Yohan,” Eunjin greeted her. Myungsoo retreated back and he takes a sit on the other side of the couch.

Yohan stop playing for a second snatching a look from Eunjin and glanced back at the tablet. After few seconds, Yohan looked back at her for the second time around. “Eunnie!” Yohan jump off the couch and give her a big hug. “I miss you Eunnie!”

“I missed you too saeng.”

“Yah!” Myungsoo pouted. 

“I’m jealous.” he added. Eunjin put her tongue out as she broke her hug to Yohan. “Where’s Hanna eunnie?”

“She’s—”

“Eunjin~ah!” Yohan was stop by Hanna, who is going downstairs carrying a beautiful kid in her arms. Always radiant, Eunjin thought as she watched Hanna approaching her. Wearing a brown sweater and blue jeans, some people wouldn't even think that Lee Hanna is a thirty year old woman; she could even passed for a twenty year old lady. Lee Hanna smiled at her as she reached for a brief hug. "You are very pretty, godmother."

Godmother. Eunjin's heart jumps a beat on the last word that Lee Hanna mentioned. It's like a Cinderella fairytale, she thought. The owner of the diary that Eunjin found under her bed upon arriving in her new home was standing in front of her as if it is always the first time they would be meeting each other. All of the sudden, she remembered how she met Lee Hanna.

Few months ago, Eunjin moved back to Korea because of her father's business. Upon arriving at her new home, she has decided to clean her room. In the midst of her cleaning, she found a box containing an old notebook. Unaware that it is a diary, she started reading it. One time, she accidentally brought it in her school and her classmate and a friend, Byun Cindy accidentally read this notebook and she told Eunjin that the names in the notebook were oddly familiar. After few months, Cindy realizes that one of the names in the notebook is her cousin. Through Cindy's help, Eunjin met Park Baekhyun, Cindy's cousin and a very close friend of Lee Hanna. There, Byun Baekhyun revealed that it was Lee Hanna's diary about her hopeless romantic love story. Curious, Park Eunjin wanted to find more about Lee Hanna. 

On a late autumn season, the most awaited time for Eunjin came unexpectedly. As she waited for Myungsoo inside a cafe across her school, she reread Lee Hanna's diary that she have finished reading long time ago. Busy reading the diary, somebody entered the cafe.

"Myungsoo's friend, am I right?" a woman interrupted her. Eunjin looked up and she stands up immediately and bowed at her. "Annyeong haseyo..." Eunjin trailed off. She didn't know Myungsoo's sister name, she realize. She met Myungsoo's sister twice or thrice but she didn't know what the woman's name was. 

"Lee Hanna." She smiled at her as if she read Eunjin's thoughts.

 

A small hand poked Eunjin's cheeks that smacked her back to her reality. Her gaze fall on the big brown eyes of the little girl that Lee Hanna was holding. “Who is she?” she asked.

“My sister,” Yohan replied. Eunjin switch her gaze from the kid to Yohan. Yohan stands up and poke at her sister's cheeks. “Her name’s Eunmi.”

“So that’s your daughter? Eunmi?” Eunjin questioned. 

Hanna smiled as she put Eunmi down. The kid seems to be happy when her mother put her down. Eunmi's smile widened as she looked at Myungsoo.

“Yeah, my five year old baby.” Hanna replied. “It’s been a long time since we saw each other, how are you?” She asked motioning Eunjin to take a sit by the couch.

“I’m good though I am very busy on studying and of course, working in my father's company.”

"Which would be yours soon enough." Hanna said while Eunjin exhaled as deeped sigh. "It's a big company for a small like me."

"It maybe big but there would be other people who would help you, even your father won't leave your side." Hanna patted her on the shoulder. "Would you like come with me for a moment?"

Before Eunjin say yes, Hanna stand up and walk over Myungsoo. "Check on my girls."

"Bwoh?" Myungsoo baffled.

"Be a babysitter for a moment, arasso?" Hanna said. 

Hanna walked away from Myungsoo and pulled Eunjin by the wrist. “Come.”

They went upstairs leaving Myungsoo with Eunmi and Yohan. Yohan was back to her tablet while Eunmi's busy poking her Uncle's hair. "Yah! Don't ruin Uncle's hair!" Myungsoo slap Eunmi's hand in a funny way. The kid laughed at Myungsoo and continue to to poke his hair.

 

“Where are we?” Eunjin asked the woman beside her and they entered a room at the end of the hallway.

Upon entering the room, Hanna went for one of the drawers on the bedside table. Eunjin take small steps on the room observing the interior design. It is obvious that the room is owned by a guy and was not used for ages.

“It was Sehun’s room.” She said as she enter Sehun's closet room. After few seconds, she came out carrying a notebook similar to the diary cover of Hanna's old diary. "Do you remember anything about this?" she pointed the notebook in her right hand.

“You mean, me reading your diary?”

“Yes." She pulled a small smile. Hanna reached for Eunjin's hand and handed the notebook to her. "Handle it with care." she said in a tone that Eunjin can't figure out if she is sad about giving her notebook away or what.

“I have jot down the complete detail of what had happened five years ago including some moments of my husband and mine when we are still separated.”

“Why are you giving this to me again?”

“Are you not happy that I trusted you with my life? My love story?”

“Of course I am but I still don’t get the whole point of you giving me another notebook.”

Hanna sighed and placed a hand over her shoulder. “Serve it as my thank you for doing the favor of mine.” Eunjin suddenly remember that favor from the very last entry of Lee Hanna's diary.

If you know him, can you tell him how much I love him? Can you tell him I am still waiting for our promise?

Eunjin shrugged it off and accept the notebook. “If that’s what you want," She said. "I won’t be some fairy godmother again isn’t?

“Saeng, you have always been my fairy godmother but this time around my fairy godmother will not do anything about anything because right now I am very contented with my life. It’s all thanks to you. My fairy godmother receives a special gift and it is a free trip to my past. Full detail of how my life has a happy ever after.”

“Eunnie, you sound like a real storyteller. You could have just shared those moments to me like a storyteller!”

“As much as I want but I can’t. I want to repeat the same thing, you reading my story but right now, you will not do anything for the second time. If you feel to read it with someone, go ahead.”

“Like seriously?” Eunjin asked with a hint of excitement in her tone. “Of course,” she replied.