Chapter 4

Arranged Marriage with Who? { OFFICIALLY ON HIATUS }

Time slowly ticked on as her and the rest of EXO got to know each other. She didn’t dare look at her phone, knowing that it would be full of messages and missed calls from Miyoung. Halfway through talking to Xiumin she looked up at the black and white clock on the wall and stop mid-sentence. Xiumin noticed and asked her what was wrong.

“I should be at school.” She said and hurriedly stood up, grabbing her bag and jacket. Tao grabbed her wrist and stopped her from going anywhere.

“You can’t go, they’ll eat you alive. Besides, our manager will be here any second now.” He said and Sunyoung groaned, sitting back down. He wrapped his arms around her shoulders, giving her a quick hug to reassure her.

 “Where’s the bathroom?” She whispered to Tao and he gave her directions. She stood slowly, excusing herself before heading down the hall and into the bathroom.

She grasped the sink, fingers white from clenching the edges so hard. Looking in the mirror, Sunyoung fixes her hair and told herself to breathe. If I had known finding my Prince Charming was going to cause me this much trouble I wouldn’t of bothered. She thought to himself. There was a knock on the door and Kyungsoo’s voice floated in from the other side.

“Sunyoung-ah, are you okay? Tao hasn’t gotten you pregnant, has he?” There was a sound like a pillow being thrown and hitting the door, making her stifle a laugh.

“No I’m fine. I’ll be out in a sec.” She said and opened the door. Kyungsoo looked at her sympathetically.

Soon there was a knock on the door. Kyungsoo hurried her over to sit next to Tao and moved over to open the door. A man walked in, and immediately made her nervous, the change the atmosphere went from relaxed to tense all in the space of a second. Tao squeezed her hands comfortingly. It was all quiet in the room before the man spoke up.

“Park Sunyoung, I guess?” He asked and she nodded timidly.

“Yes sir.” Sunyoung answered politely with a nod.

“Tao, would you please explain all this to me?” He asked, and Tao told him the whole story, from start to finish, giving more detail than she had. They sat in silence as his manager sat thinking. Finally he spoke. “There is not much that can be done to the situation. It’s your parents will so we have to honour that. Plus, I heard that sales on albums and merchandise have gone up ever since that picture was released this morning.” Everyone was shocked at that. Sunyoung had thought that girls would be angry and would have refused to buy anything. “Excuse me while I go call the head.” He got up and went outside the dorm. Everyone turned to the couple.

“I guess some good did come out of this.” Suho said as he smiled at Sunyoung. She wearily smiled back, mentally exhausted from all that had happened. Tao looked at her concerned.

“You okay? You’re not sick or anything, are you?” He asked and placed a hand on her forehead, feeling for a fever. She gently removed his hand and placed it back in his lap.

“I’m fine Tao it’s just that a lot has happened and the day isn’t even over yet.” She replied and he looked relieved. Just then the manager walked back in.

“The head has said that if it’s good for business then he is fine with it. But there is one thing he wanted to change.” He said, which made Sunyoung and Tao exchange a look. “He wants Miss Park to move into the dorm.” She was shocked, but the males seemed cool with it. “And wherever Tao goes, he wants you to go too, even if it’s just to the shops and back. The more you two are seen together the more popularity you guys are going to get.” He directed this one at her and she nodded. “Tao, drive her back to her house so she can pick up the necessary items she needs. But watch out, there are a lot of paparazzi around her house at the moment, or so I’ve been told.” Tao nodded and stood up, offering his hand to help her up and she took his hand.

Half hour later they pulled up in front of her house, hurrying up the front steps and into the house. Once in, they both go upstairs, taking a suitcase from the cupboard. They placed it on the bed, filling it with clothes and a few other valubles.

One car ride later they are back inside the dorms, moving her stuff into the spare room. She hadn’t bothered in taking her belongings out of the suitcase; she didn’t want to get too comfortable then have to leave. Upon completion, she walked out and into the kitchen where Kyungsoo was cook and Kai was leaning against the counter watching.

“May I use the phone? I have to call my friend to let her know I’m okay.” Kai nodded and smiled kindly as he moved out the way of the phone. She dialled Miyoung’s number and set it down on the counter as it rung. Kai looked at her quizzically, and Sunyoung just held up her hand to silence him as the phone was answered.

“PARK SUN-YOUNG WHERE WERE YOU I HAVE BEEN WORRIED SICK YOU DIDN’T SHOW UP AT SCHOOL I THOUGHT YOU HAD BEEN KIDNAPPED AND KILLED BY EXO FANGIRLS WHO WERE ANGRY AND NOW EVERYONE AT SCHOOL IS ASKING WHERE YOU ARE AND. . .” Kai and Kyungsoo couldn’t hold it in any longer and they start laughing. She smiled and the voice on the other line went silent. “Unnie, who is there with you?” She asked and Sunyoung gestured for the boys to be quiet as she smiled devilishly.

“Oh that’s just Kai and Kyungsoo.” She said nonchalantly. The voice had gone silent again.

“ARE YOU SAYING THAT KIM FREAKING JONGIN AND KYUNGSOO ARE THERE WITH YOU RIGHT NOW? MISSY WHEN I SEE YOU TOMORROW AT SCHOOL YOU HAVE GOT SOME SERIOUS EXPLAINING TO DO!” The boys laughed again as she replied.

“Yah! Is that how you talk to your unnie? And anyway, I might not be able to come to school for a while, just until this blows over.” She said and finally picked up the receiver. Sunyoung explained why and Miyoung followed along. Kyungsoo signalled that lunch was ready and Sunyoung said goodbye, hanging up. Kyungsoo had yelled out that lunch was ready, and that’s when a swarm came and basically flooded the kitchen. Tao came up behind her and wrapped his arms around Sunyoung’s waist, pulling her back and stopped her from getting crushed.

“Welcome to lunch with the EXO family.” He whispered in her ear and made her laugh. “Just wait until dinner; they have better manners then.” She nodded and took a small sandwich, nibbling on it. Since there were not enough chairs, Tao pulled her close and made her sit on his lap, resting his head on her shoulder and got her to feed him occassionally. The rest of EXO chattered and watched the two of them. Chanyeol clapped his hands and everyone turned their attention to him.

“I’m going to plan something tomorrow.” He said and everyone looked at him, waiting for him to continue but all he did is sit there smiling.

“Is that all?” Baekhyun asked and Chanyeol nodded. “Well you didn’t have to make it into a big announcement.” Chanyeol shook his head.

“Well I’m going to plan something that includes all of us, as well as Sunyoung-ah and a few others since we don’t have a schedule tomorrow.” He said and Baekhyun nodded.

“Thank you that’s makes a lot more sense than just saying I’m going to plan something tomorrow.” He replied and everyone went back to talking.

Tao was right. At dinner everyone was much more civil.  She went straight back to bed after, with “goodnight”s and “sleep well’s being chorused behind her.

The next morning she woke up and trudged through to the kitchen. Upon entering the kitchen she was greeted by twelve boys in nothing but pants. Sunyoung looked around groaning as she sat at the table.

“I had forgotten that I now live with a bunch of boys.” She mumbled as everyone laughed.

“Good morning to you too.” Tao says and leaned down, kissing her cheek. “Remember Chanyeol planned something for today so get ready after breakfast.” She raised her head a little bit, just to see what Tao looked like shirtless, only to be caught as he smiled cheekily at her. Sunyoung blushed a bright red and he picked her up, hugging her close to his chest. “Do I get a proper morning kiss?” He asked her before she shook her head.

“Nope.” She said and the males laughed at her flat out refusal.

“Well why not?” He asked and she shrugged.

“Because.”

“Because why?”

“Because I said so.”

“And why did you say so?”

“Because I could.”

“And how could you?”

This went on for a while until she gave up. “Where’s the snooze button?” She grumbled as she gently pressed random spots on his face. Everyone laughed and Tao set her down in a chair as Kyungsoo served up breakfast.

“Everyone! Today I have planned for us to have the day out as manager hyung said it would be good so I have arranged for us to go shopping and we are going to meet Sunny and Tiffany noonas there.” Chanyeol said and she nodded, not really taking any of it in. After breakfast she walked to her room.

“Need any help getting dressed?” Tao asked and she shoved him out of her room.

“Go away you giant sleaze ball.” She said with a laugh as she began to get changed. This time when she left the room, the males were properly dressed. Everyone was chaperoned to the shopping centre and are left to wait for the two girls to come. Sunny and Tiffany finally arrived and introductions were made.

“Sunyoung, you and Tao can go shop over there and we’ll be over here.” Chanyeol said and before she could ask him why he explained. “If you two are seen together there will be more publicity. Fans have already made a couples name for you.” He laughed and left her and Tao wondering what it was. He shrugged his shoulders as he took her hand and they both started to walking down the strip, looking in the shop windows. People stared and whispered. The coupleed pass a group of girls and they whispered to each other.

“Oh my god it’s TaoSun.” One of them whispered and the couple both almost start laughing.

“So we are called TaoSun huh?” He said and she giggled a bit.

“I guess so.” She replied as a little girl shyly approached her. “Hello” Sunyoung said, smiling kindly down at her. The little girl was scared, it was easy to tell.

“M-Miss Park? May I p-please get your autograph?” She asked as she held out a book and pen out to Sunyoung. She looked at Tao and he smiled encouragingly. Sunyoung kneeled down and took the book and pen.

“Of course I will. What’s your name sweetie?” She asked and she smiled, a bit more confident.

“It’s So Hee.” She replied and Sunyoung smiled.

“That’s a beautiful name.” She said and wrote a small message in her book.

Dear So Hee

Never give up, dreams really do come true.

Stick to them and you will be happy.

Sunyoung signed it with a flourish and handed the book and pen back to the little girl. “Thank you Miss Park!” She said as she ran off back to her mother, excitedly showing her the message.

“Well done you just gave out your first signature.” Tao said proudly and kissed her forehead, making some girls squeal.

“Did you see her though? She was so adorable.” Sunyoung said and Tao laughed as he wrapped an arm around her shoulders.

The couple kept hearing whispers of TaoSun and girls kept coming up asking to take a photo with them. He led you over to a cafe and ordered a hot drink for both of them She sat drinking her hot beverage and laughing with Tao. His phone rang and he picked it up, talking to someone on the other line.

“It was Kai. Sunny and Tiffany are going with them back to the dorm but we can stay here a little longer and ring him when we want to be picked up.” He said and she agreed.

Later she was wandering around with Tao when something caught her attention out of the corner of her eye. Tao noticed and led her over. It was a white gold bracelet, with a small rose made out of rubies on it and etched into the band were some words in Latin. Leaving Sunyoung staring outside, Tao walked in and returned with a small bag. He opened the small bag, taking out the bracelet and making her gasp.

“Tao I was only looking you didn’t have to buy it!” She said as he placed it on her wrist.

“I wanted too. And besides, I could tell by the look on your face that you loved it. The shopkeeper told me that the Latin said ‘My heart, my love, my life’.” He said and she stared at it in amazement. “Do I get a kiss now?” He asked and she smiled.

“Thank you Tao.” She said and stood on her tiptoes to kiss him sweetly, his arms wrapped around her waist to stop her from losing her balance. Tao had moved to deepen the kiss but she pulled away. “Tao, we are in public and there are kids around” He grumbled but smiled as he took her hand again.