Chapter 10

Arranged Marriage with Who? { OFFICIALLY ON HIATUS }

She frowned as she and Tao were shoved out of their room. Before the door closed, Kyungsoo threw Tao the keys to his hotel room. Tao caught them and took her hand, leading her to the room. He unlocked the door with a sweep of his arm and let her go in first.

“I didn’t even get to have a shower.” She grumbled, looking down at the pile of clothes in her hands.

“Well go for one here. Kyungsoo won’t mind.” Tao gestured to the bathroom and she nodded, opening the door and walking into the bathroom.

After a quick shower she walked out of the bathroom and smelled something yummy. She walked into the kitchen to see Tao’s facing her. She stopped for a second, appreciating the view before continuing on her way. She came up behind him and stood on tip toes to peek over his shoulder.

“Smells good.” She said softly in his ear, making him jump a bit. He looked over his shoulder and smiled, kissing her.

“Thank you Sunyoung. Just don’t scare me when I’m cooking on the stove.” He said and she got back onto flat feet, pulling herself up to sit on the counter beside him.

“So what happened to your shirt? Not that I mind or anything.” She asked, blushing a bit. He smiled again.

“I ran water too fast and it splashed up onto my shirt and got me drenched. It’s drying in the sun at the moment.” He nodded his head in the direction of the balcony. She looked out and his grey v-neck is draped over the rail. “So you like the view?” He asked and she nodded.

“You must’ve done a lot of working out to get them that way.” He looked at her confused for a moment before he burst into laughter.

“I meant the view from out the window!” He said between fits of laughter. She looked away from him, embarrassed. He stopped laughing and turned off the stove, moving over to stand in front of him. The height the countertop made her made them forehead level with each other. “But thank you anyway.” He said leaning forward and kissing her suddenly. She jumped in surprise and almost fell off the countertop, but Tao caught her, not breaking the kiss. After a few breathless moments she pulled away for air.

“You really do have good reflexes.” She said and he gave her that famous half smirk.

“I never let a damsel in distress fall down.” He said, winking at her and kissing her again. Just then the door slams open.

“Guys Kyungsoo said. . .” Baekhyun’s voice trailed off as he saw the position the two were in. He went red and looked away. “Sorry.” She thought for a moment then laughed as Tao put her down, realising how it must’ve looked.

“Baekhyun it’s not what it looked like. I was sitting up on the counter when I slipped and Tao caught me.” She said, leaving out the reason why she slipped.

“Oh okay. Anyway, Kyungsoo said that maybe you can take Sunyoung-ah souvenir shopping for a while.” He said and Tao knew what he meant. Kyungsoo had gone over it earlier. If he said that, it means he needs a little more time to get finished. Tao looked at her and she was nodding enthusiastically.

“Yeah I promised Super Junior oppas I would bring back presents.” She said and Tao looked shocked.

“All of them?” He asked and she shook her head.

“Only Leeteuk, Kyuhyun, Eunhyuk and Siwon oppas.” When she said Siwon she remembered that moment from a few days ago, feeling a pang in her stomach. She mentally shook it off. Tao chuckled and took her hand. “Are you forgetting something?” She asked and he shook his head. “Maybe a shirt?” He looked down and shrugged.

“Where we’re going shopping there’s going to be a lot of shirtless guys because it’s near a beach. But only look at me please.” He said.

“I can’t guarantee that.” She replied grinning, and he raised a fist up to his eyes.

“Bbuing Bbuing~~” He said cutely and she hugged him.

“Okay then. I’ll only look at you.” He smiled triumphantly and turned to the doorway, which Baekhyun had vacated as soon as he predicted the upcoming aegyo. Tao started walking hand in hand with her and they left the lobby, walking few blocks to the markets near the beach.

Once there, the markets were full of colour and life. She looked around amazed and Tao smiled down at you. She stopped at a stall selling various hats and jewellery.

“Kyuhyun would like this.” She said, picking up a necklace with a shark’s tooth on the end. Tao nodded and paid for it.

Half hour later they were standing, holding onto the railing near the beach with a few bags at their feet.

“Smile.” Tao said and she turned around to see him holding a camera.

“No.” She said, hiding her face. He came closer and pulled down her hands.

“One picture.” He said and she sighed and nodded then smiled really cutely and made a peace sign. Tao laughed and took the picture. She started laughing as well when Tao suggested a walk on the beach. The couple put their belongings in a locker nearby after getting a key and walked onto the sand barefoot. She walked in the water’s edge, getting her feet wet and splashing a bit.

Tao looked at her then at the water devilishly. She noticed the look and held up her hands.

“No. No. Tao!” He picked Sunyoung up and carried her further out to the water until he’s holding her just above the water. “Tao, don’t drop me.” She said to him and he smiled gently.

“I’m not the one to drop you. I’m the one who’s always going to be there to catch you when you fall.” He said and kissed her. She wrapped her arms tighter around his neck and he set her down in the water.

“Tao! I’m all wet now!” She smiled and splashed him.

“That’s it you’re on!” He said, splashing her back. Pretty soon the both of them are having a water fight and they left the water dripping and laughing. He shook his head and water droplets fly off of his head and hit her in the face, making Sunyoung laugh. She took his arms as they walked back up to the lockers. Drawing out the belongings from the locker, they return the key and begin walking back to the hotel before he stopped her.

“Take a selca with me!” He said excitedly but she flat out refuses. “Come on Sun-Young! We are the only couple to not have a selca together!” After a few more refusals he settled for his usual winner. “Bbuing Bbuing~~” She gave in. He smiled excitedly and held his phone in front of them, pulling her closer to him. Just before he took the picture he leaned over and kissed her on the cheek, making her flush as he captured the moment. He smiled triumphantly and uploaded it to his SNS. She laughed, thinking that he’s acting like a child.

Kyungsoo’s phone pinged and he picked it up, finding a notification from Tao. He looked at it and saw the selca. “Guys look at this.” He turned the screen towards everyone, who had just finished setting up the surprise. “He posted a selca which means they’re almost back.” He said and everyone scrambled to stand up.

Standing outside the room to their hotel room, they are about to enter the room when Tao placed his hand over hers on the doorknob.

“I love you.” He said, leaning down to kiss her when the door is suddenly slammed open, ruining the moment. The only thing is, it was dark inside and there was no one there to open the door. She clutched Tao’s hand and slowly crept inside. The light’s switched and the boys jumped out from behind the bed and the couch.

“Surprise!” They all yelled, making her jump and smile. She started to laugh. A big happy birthday banner was hung from the roof and someone – Sunyoung was guessing Kris – had crudely drawn a picture of a panda on it.

“Happy Birthday Sunyoung-ah!” Chanyeol said with his big derpy smile on his face as he ran up and hugged her, a gold party hat perched jauntily on top of his hair. She smiled and hugged him back when she was swarmed with gifts. Tao made them back off and led her to the couch where everyone crowded around her on the floor. “Open it open it open it!” Chanyeol said, getting all excited and shoved his present towards her.

“Calm down Chanyeol.” She said and took it from, slowly starting to unwrap the present.

“Hurry up!” He urged, sitting cross legged on the floor and jiggling his long legs up and down. She laughed and ripped the rest of the wrapping off. A small fluffy teddy bear was inside a box underneath the wrapping. She smiled brightly and took it out of the box, immediately hugging it.

“Thank you!” Sunyoung said and gave Chanyeol a big hug as well. Not expecting it, he blushed and awkwardly hugged her back. Tao chuckled and pulled her back.

“You got her a plushie too?” Lay said, turning to Chanyeol.

“Hold on, you both got her plushies as well?” Kai said and everyone looked at each other

“We all got plushies.” They said in unison. They began to apologise but she threw up her arms in the air like a little kid

“More plushies yay!” She smiled and laughed. They relax and handed her their presents. Lau had got her a unicorn plushie; Kris a cute dragon one. “With this many plushies I won’t need Tao to hug me!” She said and Tao stood up, leaving the room “Tao oppa sorry!” She heard him laugh from the other room.

“Don’t worry I’m just grabbing your present.” He came around the corner with a giant panda plsuhie, a big red bow tied around its neck. She immediately jumped up and tan over, hugging it and forgetting about the smaller plusheis.

“Of course Tao has to beat our gifts.” Suho said.

“He can’t see us getting one over him.” Sehun added.

“Oppas I love all the presents thank you.” She said, turning to all of them and look at them from over top of the panda. They all melted over the arms of the couch and collapsed on the floor.

“Too cute.” They groaned in unison as Tao kissed your forehead.

“That’s my girl.” He said proudly and she smilede up at him.

“Oh and you have to dress up a bit for dinner because we’re going out with SHINee.” Kai said, sitting up.

“Well I’ve met Onew, Minho and Jonghyun oppas but I haven’t met Taemin or Key-ssi.” Sunyoung said shyly. “What if they don’t like me?” She whispered quietly. Kai laughed.

“You’ll get along fine with Taemin and as for Key, he might seem a bit judgemental at first but he’s really a nice guy.” Kai said, easing her nerves.

“Okay then.” She said and Tao picked her up.

“Guys get out now.” He said and they began to protest but he just glared and they trudged out of the room. He laid her down on the bed and cuddled into her.

“Tao!” She squeaked, going bright red. Her forehead and nose was touching his as he placed a finger over .

“Just . . . Shhhh. I want to savour this moment.” He whispered and took both of her hands in his. He smiled lightly when he realised she listened to him. “I can’t wait to get married to you, do you know that?” He continued to whisper, although what he said surprised her. He noticed the look on his face and took his hands away from hers, starting to draw away. “I’m sorry. Just, just forget what I said.” Tao said before she cut him off and moved him back to where he was before.

“Sorry you just surprised me. But I feel the same way.” She replied, gently his cheek. He smiled and held her hand against his cheek as he kissed her sweetly.

“I’m glad you feel like that. Now we should probably get up and get ready.” He said, but neither of them moved. After a few seconds she began to giggle. Tao cracked a smile and pulled her up with him with a sigh. She stood and moved over to her suitcase, rummaging through it for something to wear. Tao rested his head on her shoulder and wrapped his arms around her waist. “What about this?” He said as he pulled out the dress she wore when she went to the concert with Miyoung. Sunyoung looked at him with a smile.

“Really?” She asked and he nodded.

“Yes really. Because that night Sun-Young, you looked extremely beautiful.” He replied and kissed her cheek. She gently unwrapped his arms from around her waist.

“Well I’m going to get changed.” She picked up the dress he suggested and walked into the bathroom, locking the door just in case. She got changed and came out to see Tao struggling with his tie. She laughed and walked over to him, pulling him down to her height and redoing the tie. Finished, she took his arm and leave the room, walking down to the dining area of the hotel. It was easy to tell where the groups were; it was the biggest and noisiest table in the room. She noticed that Kai specifically left her a seat between Key and Taemin. Sending him a small glare, she sat down, immediately feeling their eyes on her. She avoided looking at either of them and just stared at the table.

“Hey Sun-Young.” Minho sent a friendly wave to her. She smiled back.

“Hey Minho oppa!” She replied, waving to waving to Onew and Jonghyun. Key studied her and coughed to get her attention. She warily turned to him as he studied her face.

“Are you interested in my yeobo?” He asked her bluntly and she shook her head.

“No I’m not interested in him. No offense to Jonghyun oppa, but Tao’s all I need.” She replied and Key stared at her before smiling and turning to the other males.

“I like this girl. She’s pretty and knows what belongs to her.” He said and everyone laughed.