Part 2/2

Vampires smell everything.

“How did you-“ He puts his index finger against my lips to shush me. Such cold hands on a sunny day.

“Is it ok if we move to a different spot to talk?”

I nod. What can I say? He’s most likely not going to kidnap me. Neither is there a high possibility that he’s going to kill me. Jongin stiffens a bit, turning to me. “W-what?”

I look at him confused. Why did he-

“Nevermind.” He lets out a nervous chuckle. “I thought I heard you say something.” Another nervous chuckle.

“…ok”

Where did that mood from a minute ago, go? I want it back. I never expected Jongin to be so awkward after the way he coaxed me out of my thoughts. I guess nobody is really perfect.

Jongin stands up, dusting off his knees and reaches a hand for me, waiting to accept. I can hardly say no after all of this so I take his hand.

He leads me to the big tree standing next to the building. We don’t have a lot of green life here at school so that tree is nearly the only thing close to it. It’s very old, having lots of thick branches and you can see several marks on the tree. But trees are strong, I always think of them like battle scars.

Jongin stops and sighs, pinching his nose. He seems really distressed. Did I do anything? Oh no, I Did didn’t I? I always ruin everything-

“Stop that, you didn’t.” Eh?

He turns around and grabs my shoulders. “You’re not that important.” …I know, I know I’m the one no one cares about. No need to say it to my face.

He panics. “No. I meant- Not like that.” Moving his hands to my face. “I meant, you’re not the cause of every problem.”

Jongin slings his arm over me, moving to stand next to me. He points to the tree. “Look.”

I shrug a bit, It’s a tree. It’s a bit late in the year so spring has just passed. The blossoms are gone now and small bright green leaves start to appear. “It’s a tree.”

He smiles a bit. “Genius.” Well you’re the one pointing at a tree, don’t expect me to know some sort of secret passageway beneath it. He lowers his hand. “It’s strong and it has an history. See those marks?”

I nod, the ‘battle scars’. It’s a bit sad it got hurt but it has made the tree ten times stronger each time.

“well, what you just thought. That same applies to you.” What?

I give him a weird look. “You’re… not on drugs right?” Why do I always get stuck with the weird ones. He seems a bit offended.

“Is that really what you think of me?” Puffing his cheeks. I can’t help but let a chuckle escape. “Hey!” Now he’s full out pouting, oh my god. I just can’t with that face.

 He lets his arm drop from my shoulders, turning to me. Sighs a bit before he starts talking in a serious voice. “I was distressed earlier because I didn’t know how to say this.”

Pursing his mouth before continuing. “And it will sound creepy and weird.” He seems full out nervous by now.

“But I have seen you around for some while now. You always seemed so sad so I just wanted to make you smile and I transferred here because of reasons and you were here too and-“

Jongin lowers his head. He puts his face in his hands, letting out a groan. “I’m too awkward aren’t I?”

I smile a bit. He’s a tall, handsome young man with tanned skin and abs. How is he so adorable? You’re such a life ruiner.

Grinning up at me he continues. “I’m maybe not perfect, or human but you turned out to be the sweetest person alive and I really like you.”

Awh, he thinks I’m sweet-  the smile drops off my face. ‘Not human’?

Jongin hurriedly crushed me in a bear hug. “Please don’t scream.” Smashing my face into his shoulder, I don’t think I could even if I wanted to.

Trying to breathe I manage to give him a questioning look, a dying questioning look but a legit
‘the look’ nonetheless. Jongin holds a hand ready to shut me up in case I got nuts. Why not.

“I may or may not be a…” He mumbles the rest of the sentence so I can’t hear it. I give him my updated ‘the look’ 2.0.

He sighs, pouting a bit. “A vampire” Oh. Just that. Casually a bloodsucking creature that has the possibility to end my life. Sure.

“We’re not the way books describe us.” Shaking his head. “We don’t sparkle!” He seems a bit offended, I would be too if someone wrote twilight featuring me.

I poke him in his sides to make him let me go. Jongin lowers his hands and takes a step back.

I clear my throat. “You’re serious.” He nods.

his lips, playing with his hands. He should not look so y for a person with a child-ish character. Jongin stiffens a bit. Oh right, he can read minds. Got to keep the ersion to a minimum.

“I maybe like you too?” This is not how I imagined a confession.

He softly taps my hand in a shy manner. “Want to go get some bubble tea?”

Someone actually wants to go get some bubble tea with me. The thought alone just makes me smile. “Sure.”

 

---------------------------------

Sipping strawberry cherry bubble tea is the best thing ever. “So why did you look at so many girls when you walked in? I thought you already liked me back then?”

Jongin stiffens and lets out a nervous chuckle. “It’s weird to explain.”

“Try me.” I pat his hand in encouragement.

He sighs and lets out a small whine. “We smell blood right?” I hope so for you. “And you know how girls… have their periods every month, right?”

Oh my god.

 


 

I have the tendency to write according to what music I’m listening and U-Kiss’ 0330 piano version was playing while I wrote the last part, it turned out sappy and weird. :/

I’m sorry for leaving (my exams went well). I’m sorry for failed humour but I always wondered about vampires and girls’ periods.