I'll Always Be Here

I'll Always Be Here

“Hey man, want a smoke?” Someone asked, offering me a cigarette. I honestly had no idea who he was, but I was sitting with him in the VIP section of a Japanese club so obviously I knew him and he knew me.

            “Yeah, sure,” I said, taking the cigarette from him. I brought it up to my lips and took a deep breath in before realizing that it wasn’t just any cigarette. “Is this weed?” I asked, glaring at him before throwing the cigarette on the floor and pummelling it with my boot.

            He burst out laughing, his face practically turning red. “You should’ve seen the look on your face!” He yelled, doubling over onto the floor from laughing so hard. I put my face in my hands. Thank God I threw it away before something severe happened.

            I felt a tap on my shoulder, and I turned around, seeing a cop standing before me, with his badge in my face. “Sir, a citizen informed me that he saw you allegedly take . I’m going to have to you out of here,” he said, grabbing my arm and pulling me out of the club.

            “Wait a second, I barely touched it!” I protested once we were out of the club and he was writing me a ticket. I was slightly intoxicated and on any other day I probably wouldn’t protest to a police officer.

            “You can tell that to the judge,” he said, handing me a slip of paper with a court date on it and a bunch of other I don’t care about. “Do you need a ride home, or can someone come pick you up?”

            I waved my hand at him and turned around, slowly striding back to my girlfriend and I’s shared hotel room.

            “Ji, are you ok?” My girlfriend, Eunlee asked, concernedly when I stumbled into the hotel room. “I thought you weren’t going to drink that much,” she said, quoting what I told her earlier as she pulled my arm over her shoulder and lead me to the king-sized mattress.

            “I’ll talk to you in the morning,” I said, slowly closing my eyes as I drifted off to sleep, disregarding the piece of paper onto the floor.

 

When I woke up, I heard the shuffling of Eunlee. I opened my eyes and saw her packing her bags. “Whoa, what are you doing?” I asked, quickly sitting up, which caused me to groan at a sudden headache.

            “How about you explain to me what you did last night? Or were you too high to remember?” She asked, wiping away sudden tears as she zipped up her suitcase.

            Then the memories from last night suddenly came flooding back to me. The club, the annoying people, the “cigarette.” , I am so stupid.

            “Eunlee, you have to listen to me,” I said, getting up and grabbing her arms so she couldn’t leave me. “I didn’t know it was drugs, I honestly didn’t. Please, you have to understand. Please, Eunlee,” I begged.

            “You have to go in for a drug test today at twelve o’clock,” she said, emotionlessly, showing no signs of her staying with me at all.

            “Will you come with me? Please,” I begged once more. Without her, I wouldn’t be able to do anything, let alone go in on a drug test by myself.

            She sighed. “Yes, Jiyong. I’ll come with you.”

 

And that brings us to now. Eunlee and I are in a taxi, headed to where I have to take my drug test. I don’t think I’ve ever been so nervous in my life. I know I’ll test positive, but there’s a part of me that wants to think that this is all a joke and Youngbae is going to jump out from around the corner with all the cameras, telling me that this was all a joke.

            I tightly hold onto Eunlee’s hand as we’re escorted to a back room. I think part of the reason why she’s here with me is to see for herself that I’ve done drugs so she can yell at me some more and then leave me.

            “It’s nice to see you, Mr. Kwon. Today I’m going to have to take a urine sample and a hair follicle for your drug test,” a doctor said, handing me a cup and motioning for me to go into the washroom. I did what he told, handing the cup back to him when I was done.

            “Thank you. Now, you might feel a slight pinch. I’m just going to pull out a small piece of hair,” he said, coming towards my perfectly quaffed white hair. I squeezed my eyes shut as he pulled out a piece of it. It’s ok, Jiyong, I thought to myself. It’ll grow back, Jiyong. It’s only hair, Jiyong.

            Eunlee and I sat in the small room in silence until the doctor finally came back with the news I would present in court. “Mr. Kwon, I’m sorry to inform you that your blood tested positive for . In good news, it was only a small amount which means you didn’t smoke anything for long.”

            “It was an accident. I didn’t-”

            The doctor put his hand up, motioning for me to be quiet. “You can explain that to the judge. I’m sure he’ll be sympathetic towards you since you’re... you. Anyway, pleasure doing business with you, Mr. Kwon,” he said as he handed me a sheet of paper with more information on it.

            “It’ll be ok, Jiyong,” Eunlee whispered to me, squeezing my hand and giving me a small smile of sympathy. “I’ll always be here.”

 

A few days later was the final court date. I was shaking so much as I entered the court room, tightly clutching Eunlee’s hand. She has been with me through this all, and I don’t know what I would do without her.

            “We call witness Kim Eunlee up to the stand,” a lawyer said as our first piece of evidence that I wasn’t totally high when I came home that night, and I shouldn’t be sent to jail.

            Eunlee stood up and the judge cleared his throat. “Ms. Kim, what state was Mr. Kwon in when he came home that night?” The judge asked.

            “When Jiyong came home, he was very tired and disoriented. He reeked of hard liquor, but not much else,” Eunlee answered. Oh great, now the judge knows I was drinking and they’ll probably hate me even more.

            “Your honor, the drug test did turn out positive, but there was only a small amount of it in his bloodstream, meaning he hadn’t taken the amount that is needed for time spent in jail,” my lawyer said.

            “I’d like to see the papers.”

            The papers from my doctor’s appointment were soon handed to the judge, who looked over them very thoroughly, and then handed the papers back. During every one of those seconds the courtroom was silent, I was praying that a miracle would happen. I bowed my head and silently prayed that I wouldn’t be sent to jail and have my career ruined forever.

            The judge cleared his throat again, and I quickly looked up with hope-filled eyes. “I hereby declare that Mr. Kwon Jiyong shall serve no time in jail, and is free to go, uncharged.”

            Eunlee, my lawyer, and I all sighed in relief, and my lawyer patted my back before leaving the courtroom.

            “You did good, baby,” Eunlee said, wrapping her arms around me and giving me a small peck on the lips.

            I laughed. “I didn’t have to say anything. You did a great job at being so bluntly honest,” I teased, putting my arm around her waist and leading her out of the courtroom, where we could finally start over, and forget this ever happened.



I hope you enjoyed this one shot~ for some reason I got random inspiration to write and here it is~

It took me like, an hour XD

Comments are greatly appreciated, guuuuys~~~~

Byeeee :D Fighting ^^