Chapter 2; ONEDAY meeting at 2AM

The Last Encore

2 Months later....

(JINWOON'S POV)

“Excuse me everyone, Mr. Park has requested all members to attend the family meeting.”

The door opened and I sensed that there was going to be another boring meeting. I wasn’t feeling too good after practice, so I wasn't really looking forward to it. One by one, my brothers slowly, but happily walked out to head over to big brother’s conference room.



Practice with the guys ended late because we were preparing for the upcoming tour with JYP. 2PM was also getting ready for their comeback. I wondered what Jiyoung Hyung wanted to discuss with us. The last time we were in one big room was the day Jay was officially released from the company. That day was the worst for 2PM and for my group. I doubt it had anything to do with us directly, but I am curious as to why he called us after practice ended. It was already passed two in the morning and I was really tired.





“Changmin Hyung, you cooking tonight?”



“No problem.”



“YES! Hyung is going to cook!”



“Oh thank god.”



“Yah! What’s wrong with my cooking? Just because I burnt the toast during my filming with Ga In Noona, doesn’t mean it will happen again.” :P


We went inside and made a half circle around the conference table, facing him.


“Good, you’re all here.” He clapped his hands together and put them on the table.


“안녕하세요?” we all replied and bowed.

“The reason I called you guys over is to remind everyone about the annual “Make A Wish with ONEDAY” that will be held at the beginning of March. And I made some changes regarding the winner’s prize. The winner will have the opportunity to not only hang out with her favorite member, but the winner will get to experience the JYP artist experience.”


“So you’re saying that the winner will do everything an artist does? Like us?” Taec Hyung asked.


“Hmm... yes, somewhat. The winner will of course go through the same training like every trainee goes through, but only faster.”


“Hyung, what gave you this idea?”


“That’s what I want to know. Tch.” My brothers and I looked to our right and saw someone emerging from the dark corner. It was the new CEO of JYPE.


“I think this would give you guys and the whole company the opportunity to prove that this company is not what it seems. Just because I failed—I mean, just because the company failed to save the person who shall not be named, doesn’t mean we can’t do this. I know we can. What do you guys think?”


“This is ridiculous Mr. Park, how can we—“


“Let’s do it!” I said. I was excited and I thought it was a nice plan. If I were that lucky person, I would be happy to do it. Now being the Maknae, it's rare for me to voice out my opinions, especially in front of Hyung and the CEO.


“Yeah! Hyung that’s a good idea. I hope it’s a girl, so she and I can be good friends.”

“Haha Hyung, you already have Ga In Noona.” I replied while laughing.

“Yah! Not like that.”

“Everybody be quiet for a minute. I need everyone to be on board with this.”

“Sure, I’m down.” Junsu replied.

I looked at my group members and at 2PM. They seemed to agree with the plan except for Khun and Changmin. They both looked worried.

“Whoever the winner is, they will definitely have it rough. With what happened with Jay, having this type of idea might bite us in the a** later on.” I overheard Changmin whisper to Khun.

“Good. All right, go to bed now. I don’t want anyone having panda eyes at the event. Make-up works, but I don’t want my idols looking like we were still promoting Heartbeat.”

My group and 2PM parted ways and when I say that, I mean that one group went to the next dorm building. Since 2PM had 6 people, they had a bigger dorm. I went inside my room and plopped myself on my bed.

(CHAERIN'S POV)

“Boarding for Seoul, Korea will be in 10 minutes. Please be prepared to show your boarding pass and passport at the front gate. Thank you for your patience and for selecting Korea Airlines. Have a lovely afternoon.”

My parents stood up from their seats and gathered my stuff to fall in line for check-in. Miyoung’s parents had to leave for work early, so she decided to sleep over instead of having her parents drop her off early in the morning. I was happy that her parents helped me convince my parents to let me go. They know my best friend is a very responsible person, but they were still worried about my condition. As I mentioned to them before, we will take good care of each other.


As the line got longer, the flight attendant started to check in passengers. I gave my parents one last big hug and promised that I would call them as soon as we’ve landed. Miyoung did the same and told them not to worry.


18 hour flight, here we go!


“ChaeRinah, wake up. We’re here!” I rubbed my eyes and slowly opened them. Everyone was already getting ready to exit the plane, so I unbuckled my seat belt and did the same.


“Yah chingu, are you alright? You're a little pale. Here drink this.” As soon as she said that I took out my compact and took a look for myself. She was right, so I pinched my cheeks to add some color to my face. I thanked her and drank the water.


“Ladies and Gentlemen the date is February 28th and the time now is 2pm and welcome to Seoul Incheon International Airport. Please make sure to check that you have all of your belongings with you. Once again thank you for flying with Korea Airlines and have a lovely vacation.”


I stood up and helped Miyoung with our luggage. There was an old couple in front of us, so I gestured for them to go first. They both smiled kindly and bowed.


Check out took forever, but I was just happy to be breathing in new air. The airport was huge! I saw a lot of locals and foreigners walking around. Have you seen that part of a movie or a show where the character is in the middle of a place and everything around starts circling around them? I was having that moment; the only difference was that I was the one who was doing the turning. Miyoung called out to me and I ran towards her.


-BAM!-


“Ouch!” Out of nowhere I found myself sitting on my behind. I cringed at the pain I was having from hitting my on the floor. I looked up and saw a tall, skinny boy on all fours gathering fallen papers from the floor. Those are my papers! I didn’t say anything, instead I was helping him.


“I’m so sorry Miss, I wasn’t looking and I didn’t know…” He looked all frantic and scared. I couldn’t clearly see his face because he kept his direction to where the fallen papers were.



“Uh it’s alright, it was my fault, too. I didn’t see you there.” He finally got up and held out his hand to help me. I kindly took it and dusted off my dress. I held my head up and looked at him, but he was wearing shades and a hoodie on to cover his hair.



“Oh this must be yours.” He handed out a black notebook with loose paper sticking out of it.



“Oh heh thank you. ^_^ And this must be yours.” I realized that he and I had the same notebook, but he had a sticker on his. I couldn’t stop staring at him, he really looked familiar to me. He on the other hand, was trying to avoid eye contact with me.



“ChaeRinah! Are you okay? What happened?” Miyoung was running towards me, but before I could say anything more to the mysterious guy, he bowed and ran away.



“ChaeRinah!” I shook my head and looked at Miyoung who was now standing in front of me. “Mianhae chingu, I bumped into someone, but I’m alright.” She hugged me really tight, which was weird since it wasn’t called for this occasion.



“Babo, don’t scare me like that! I promised your parents that I would take care of you, and you just fell on your a**.”



“Yah, haha I’m okay. See?” I turned around and even patted my indicating that I wasn’t hurt. She rolled her eyes and laughed. “Aigoo.”



She grabbed my hand while I held my notebook on the other and headed for our first stop; our new home.