the journey

My Immortal [Born Free One Kiss]

20th June 2023

The date that she is going to get the best designer award, the award that she always wanted to, and him. Hwayoung wakes up early today and start washing herself. Then she put on her favorite blue singlet and black jacket with black tight jeans, along with a sling bag, she takes her keys and start her journey to the venue and take the award.
 
"Hey baby, why woke up so early today?" He suddenly hugged my waist from behind and rest his head on my shoulder. I smiled and looked at his side face. His face feature is perfect and his smile that smile only for me, is just too amazing. "Yah! Did you clean yourself? Don't make me dirty again. I just clean up just now." I scold him teasingly and pulls his hands away, I walked to the kitchen to make some breakfast for me and him. But realized that two set of breakfast is ready on the dining table. I can't help but smile again at the table. He stood beside me and kissed my cheek softly. "I know you have exam today so I make this breakfast. Love it?" I nodded a lot of times and pecked his lips slightly before skipping to the chair and start eating. He chuckled and shook his head before sit across me. "By the way, you wear the set of clothes I bought for you. You look pretty." He winked. 
 
"And the winner for the 35th World Designer Awards best designer category is.... Ryu Hwayoung from South Korea! Congratulation!" The prize-giving guest and the audience stood up and clapped hands when Hwayoung go on stage to grab the award that she always wanted to. She can't help but smile when she received the award. She stands in front of the microphone stand to give some speech. "First of all, I would like to thank my teachers who taught me very well and guide me until I succeed. I want to thank my family too for giving me support when I choose this career. And most important, I want to thank the most important person in my life. He is the one who gives me the inspiration on all the design, he is the one who makes me work hard and get this award." Hwayoung can't help but cries a bit. She bows once again before leaving the stage.
 
"Ergh! Why can't I  just design this stupid !" I banged the table hard and threw all the paper and color pencil to the ground. At this time, he came in and saw me sitting on the chair, staring in front blankly. He took a deep breathe slowly and helped me picked all the things up, he put the things on the table before squatting in front of me, holding both my hands tight. "Hwayoung-ah, don't be mad. You will lose your idea once in a while. If you have no idea. Then don't do it. It will make you more suffer." I looked at him, he smiled brightly to me. "But this assignment is urgent. It decide my future! How can I do nothing to it?!" I suddenly shouted at him and open eyes wide, tears started to roll down my eyes. After I realize I've acting harsh, I just looked down to my knees, I dare not look at him anymore. He held my chin and lifted my head up. He cupped both my cheeks, his warm hands laid on my cheeks and I can felt his warmth beside me, he wiped away the tears on my face. He leaned in closer and pressed his lips against mine deeply, I wrapped my arms around his neck and kissed him back. He smiled through the kiss and pulled us even closer before broke the kiss. "You can do anything you want, but you must remember one thing. I will always be there with you." He kissed my forehead for a long time before letting away. I started to smile a little and hugged him tight. Why did he have to be so good to me?
 
Hwayoung takes a morning flight back to South Korea the next day after she took the award. After she arrives South Korea, she quickly grabs a taxi and goes to an apartment at Seoul. During the journey, she just looks at the picture inside her wallet. She sometimes smiles a little when she sees how close and happy the couple are in the picture. When she arrives the destination, she slowly walks up the apartment who is only 3 stories. Right now, she hopes that she could forever stay at the stairs. After some time, Hwayoung finally arrives and she stands in front of a door. She closes her eyes, still wondering if she is going in or not. At last, she slowly takes the keys out and opens the door. She slowly stepped in the apartment that she always went to, last time. The design and furniture inside still hasn't change. Hwayoung walks around and all the rooms that is in the apartment. She still remembers the times where they are still very happy. although they had nothing but this apartment, they lived happily as long as they are together. She sits on the sofa at the living room and looks around for one last time and remember the memories they have together. She spotted a picture frame with a picture in it at the coffee table. She takes it and looks at the picture. The picture is a couple hugging together at the beach. The girl in the picture is Hwayoung herself. She smiles when she looks at the picture and a drop of tears falling down from her eyes and dropped on the picture frame.
 
I quickly ran to the emergency centre in the hospital, I looked around to see if he is there. I managed to ask a nurse where is he and she said that he is in the ICU (Intensive Care Unit). I opened my eyes wide, is he really that serious? I ran to the stairs and up to the level where the ICU is. 'Please, don't go yet, I am coming.' My mind keep flowing this sentence until I arrived the destination. I asked another nurse again and she pointed the bed on the lift side. I turned to the side she is pointing and realize a patient with many tubes on him. My tears start to fall down as I slowly approached him. I covered my mouth when I realized it is really him. He just lied down at there, lifelessly, like he just waiting to die. I sat beside him and slowly held his hand that is cold like ice. My tears keep falling down as I saw him struggling hard just to make me less worried to him. He moved slowly and use all his energy to hold my hand tight. "Hey, don't move anymore. Okay?" I patted him slowly and sniffed a little. He looked at me as if he wanted to go inside my body. I smiled a bit as my tears kept falling down. He slowly wiped the tears away and held my hand tight. "Hwayoung-ah. I know I can't kept the promise I've made to you. Right now the thing that I can do to you is don't cry, baby. Although I cannot protect and love you, I will always watch you from above." I didn't even had a chance to say something when the machine had a long beeping sound. He is dead.
 
Hwayoung takes a bonquet of tulips, his favourite, to the cementary where he is buried. She walks in front of his cementary place and looks the words that is on it.
To our beloved son / boyfriend
Jason Kim
1992 - 2012
R.I.P
She smiles a bit and placed the bonquet of tulips in front of his cementary. "Jason-ah. I'm sorry that I haven't visited you for a long time. I have got it, I have got the award we always wanted." She holds the awards in her hands tight. "You know, during the times when you're not here. I tried my best to don't cry. You know how I did that? I always think that you still beside me, in my life, together with me. It's crazy right? But this is the only way to keep me from all the pressure and pain. I don't want to visit you because I don't want to accept the fact that you're dead. Right now, I have to accept it right?" She chuckles a little. "So that means I can cry out the pain I have kept in my heart for six months." Hwayoung tears starts to fall down, little by little, now she can really let it go. She slowly squats down and buried her face in her knees and crying helplessly. She had really kept this in a long time and she let it go now.
 
After she had cried for almost 10 minutes, she smiles and nods to herself before leaving the cementary. She chooses to walk back because she haven't comes back to Seoul for a long time, and she misses the surrounding of Seoul, her hometown. She walks past the busy street of Dongdaemun, one of the busy streets in Seoul. She smiles as she sees so many people walks past her and the noise they create. Suddenly, she stops in front of a cd store and looks inside it through the glass. She opens her eyes wide. How can he is still here? Just now she just visited his cementary. She looks at the poster hanged inside the store. 
EXO Grand Comeback
EXO first class - XOXO: Hug and Kiss
But of course, that is not what she looking at. She barely even know EXO. But what interested her is one of the member in there. She search for his name and found out. He is just looks like the same as Jason.
He is Chanyeol.

So here is it. I hope you like it.

Please comment below to tell me your opinion. And subscribe if you like ^^