Contractors

Phantom

Myungsoo fled up from roof to roof chasing the culprit. “Damn it! He’s too fast!” he hissed as he run across. The culprit stopped right in front of him with a grim expression on his face. “Do you know who you’re chasing? Are you a contractor too?” the man asked.

 

“Hand it over. Where is she?” He asked as he walked towards him. “Who are you looking for? Is she your girlfriend? Tch. Impossible. She’ll be more like a little sister to you, unless, you have a on young girls. I can’t blame you. She is truly a Goddess. That’s why she has to die.” The man smirked.

 

Myungsoo closed his eyes for a second and breathe in. “I don’t like using my powers, where is she? Where’s the map?!” he yelled at him as he opened his eyes, trying to control his temper. “Powers? I see. You just got your powers didn’t we young man? Enjoying it so far?” The man teased.

 

To be honest, Myungsoo never used his powers onto someone. He never dared because he was afraid to find out what kind of power he has. He didn’t want to kill people, especially the innocent ones. “I never used my powers. Don’t break the record. I don’t want you to be the first one.” He warned him.

 

The man laughed uncontrollably, “What’s so funny?” Myungsoo asked, raising an eyebrow. “Are you serious?! You never used your powers and you are a contractor. Oh wait! Maybe you’re not one. This is going to be boring. Just so you know young man, I can kill you right here anytime I want. I’ll give you a minute to run. Now, it’s your choice if you want to stay or you want to live longer. Go.” The man said as his eyes turns in dark shade of red. “Run.” He repeated but Myungsoo stayed glued to where he is standing, staring at the man right straight into his eyes. “Very brave.” The man said.

 

“Do it.” Myungsoo dared. “I just don’t want to be responsible of your death old man. I told you. I don’t want to use my power.” Myungsoo smirked as his eyes turned into a dark shade of red.

 

“A contractor.” The man smiled. Myungsoo feet was quickly detached from the ground as he floated a metre about the ground. “Gravity.” Myungsoo whispered. “You can control gravity.” He continued.

 

“Yes I can. You’re lucky I’m kind enough not to squish your tiny body onto the ground, because I can do that as well. I can also all the oxygen in your lungs and you can die slowly and painfully.” He smirked.

 

“Oh really, how about I do this?” Myungsoo asked as their positions became opposite, Myungsoo was once set onto the ground again as the man floated in the air gasping for air. “H-how?” The man panted as he breathe out in a fast phase. “Mind control. Thank you for letting me know what kind of power I have, I never knew it’ll be this useful.” Myungsoo thanked him sarcastically.

 

“P-please, let me go. I-I wanna live. P-please y-young m-man….” The man begged. “No can do, I don’t know how to stop it. Maybe it’ll only stop if you die.” Myungsoo smirked. Honestly, he really did not know how to stop. It was his first time using such a thing therefore he has no idea how he could end it.

 

Moments later the man was set lifelessly onto the ground. Myungsoo stared at the dead body right in front of him. “What did I do?! I just killed someone! I killed him! I killed a human!” he said as he backed away from the body. “N-no…”

 

“Yes you did kiddo! You killed him. You shouldn’t feel bad about it. He was going to kill you. And he’s not human. Contractors are not human. We are spirits who yield different powers, we only use human bodies to be able to walk and lurk around. Get it? Isn’t it cool? I still don’t get it though how this guy here got a very cute guy.” A short guy pointed to a taller guy while munching on hot buns.

 

“Xiumin. Stop it. Stop scaring him. Can’t you see how guilty he felt after taking that contractor’s life away?” The cute guy said as he shot Xiumin a look.

 

Xiumin scoffed and patted his friend at the back, “Don’t be a party pooper Luhannie, this kid will get used to it too.” Xiumin smirked.

 

The two started bickering and they didn’t even noticed the Myungsoo fainted already. “Shut it hyungs!” another guy said. “Chen! Since when did you get here?” Luhan asked. “That’s not important anymore. Look.” Chen said as he pointed at Myungsoo.

 

“Aya! Since when?! Luhan this is all your fault!” Xiumin said as he ran to Myungsoo lifeless body. “He isn’t dead is he?!” he asked.

 

“Pabo. Can’t you see he’s still breathing? Carry him Baozi.” Luhan ordered. Xiumin whined and threatened to leave Myungsoo. “No buns for you Bao.” Luhan said showing no emotion. “Damn right! Stupid remuneration!” He hissed as he swings Myungsoo’s body over his shoulder. “Looks can surely be deceiving! He’s damn heavy!”

 

 

 

 

 

Myungsoo eyes fluttered open, he looked at his surroundings and finally realised that he’s not in his own bedroom. “Where am I?” he asked himself whispering. He walked around the lounge room and noticed a few pictures. “Who are these people?” he asked again as he looked at them. “It’s the two guys who were with me at the rooftop. Who are they? Are they contractors too?” he asked again as he held the picture frame close to his face.

 

“You’re up.” A voice said causing him to from the picture frame.

 

“Tsk, I don’t think that’s very wise of you to drop that. Luhan and Xiumin will be very upset if they see this.”

 

“Who are you? What do you want from me?” Myungsoo asked the person.

 

“I’m Kris. My boys found you at the roof and I have no idea how they ended up bringing you here. And you are?” Kris asked as he held his arm out.

 

Myungsoo did the same and a zap of electricity ran through his hand up to his arm and he quickly let go of Kris’ hand. “What the heck?! What was that?” Myungsoo asked him. “That’s my power. Electricity. It’s come very handy.” He smiled. “Your name?” Kris asked again.

 

“Myungsoo, Kim Myungsoo. So you are a contractor too?” he asked Kris again.

 

“Yes we are contractors, just like you. Do you work in any organisation? Should we bring you back?” Kris asked as he sat down on the couch patting the empty space beside him. Myungsoo sat beside him and stared at the ground.

 

“What’s up with that face? Did I said something wrong?” Kris asked cautiously. Myungsoo shook his head and opened his mouth to say something but Chen interrupted them.

 

“His name is Kim Myungsoo, 21 years of age, don’t work for any organisation and an orphan, his parents were killed by a contractor when he was 6. And his power is mind control. Almost similar with mine and with Luhan hyung’s.” Chen said as he sat opposite to Myungsoo.

 

Myungsoo stared at him in shocked with his mouth wide open. “H-how did you know?” He asked.

 

Chen gently patted his head and smiled at him. “I’m a mind reader. But that’s not my only power. I have more.” He smirked as the ground started shaking.

 

“Stop showing off Chen! You ruined it! You ruined my masterpiece!” A voice cried out from upstairs causing the three boys too look up.

 

“Whoa! How did you get here so fast?” Myungsoo asked the guy who is practically about to send Chen a big punch in the face.

 

“Hi, it’s nice to meet you too. My name’s Tao.” He answered Myungsoo without looking at him. “Time control.” Chen answered. “Tao can control time, it’s really helpful when we need to catch a contractor on the loose. This guy’s really amazing.” Chen continued as Tao let go of him. “Gotcha!” Chen bonked Tao’s head as he ran away from him.

 

“I guess Chen is faster than you.” Kris teased.

 

Myungsoo sat there quietly with his mouth still wide open, he’s been continuously thinking about the boy’s powers. “So he stopped the time and walked down the stairs?” he muttered under his breath.

 

“Yes he did, he does that all the time.” A guy called out. “Huh? Who is it this time?” Myungsoo asked as he looked around only to find no one. “Kris, who is that? Was that you?” Kris shook his head and pointed at Lay who was quietly sitting in the corner holding a glass bottle. His face showed no expression.

 

“Is he a contractor too?” Myungsoo asked.

 

Kris shook his head once again, “He’s a doll. He helps us find people, things and more. As long as he’s holding onto something that is made of glass, he can track people down. Very helpful. Also I would like you to meet someone.” Kris said as he walked in the kitchen.

 

He came back with a basin full of water in his hand a little boy trailing behind him. “Meet July, he’s a doll too. He’s blind. He sees things when there’s water nearby. He was doll ever since he was born unlike Lay who got his powers when he turned 18. They’re both very interesting. Do you mind if I leave you with them? I’ve got some important things to do.” Kris said as he gently set the basin on the coffee table, leaving the three behind.

 

Before he could leave July grabbed onto Kris hand and whispered something. “Myungsoo, if you want you can stay here with us. Seems like July likes you.” Kris smiled as he ruffled July’s hair.

 

 

 

 

And this is what the anime July looks like,

 tumblr_mcfoet7pWz1qi6nxio1_500.jpg

Sorry to use a drawing but there's no picture of a little boy who looks like him. Isn't he cute? He's one of my favourite characters :)

Didn't read-proof :3