Un and Deux

Phantom

 

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSP00ZBcsWoWxVre_H9vs9

 

He woke up in a room with nothing in it except for a bed, a bag pack, a pair of shoe which he believed is his. He looked around only to find nothing. “Where am I?” He asked himself.

 

He tried to walk over the bag which was tossed on the floor but failed. He landed hard on the floor. Not knowing what to do, confused, exhausted and hungry he crawled. “Who am I?” He asked again. I can’t remember anything. What is wrong with me?

 

“Master, do you think he’s ready for this?” A short guy who was wearing a white coat asked the taller male.

 

“He was born to kill.” The male answered, smirking.

 

Ring ring..

“Master?” A girl on the other end of the line answered.

“It’s time for you to hit the stage, Un. But don’t overdo it.” The male responded cutting off the line.

 

 

He heard something fell on the floor. He looked at the direction, feeling more alert. “Metal bars. Where am I? What is this place?” he asked again. He picked one of the deconstructed bars and started hitting the knob. Where am I? Who am I?!

The door soon opened and he started to wander out of the room.

 

“Now’s the time.” The tall man said as he looked at the screen, watching the young guy’s every move. “I wonder how good you are. No skills. No idea in how to hold a gun. Nonetheless, no idea how to kill.” He continued as he light up a cigarette.

 

He ran out of the room, all he see was a dark alley. He was inside an old abandoned building. He wasn’t sure of what’s coming next. All he could depend is his supernatural instinct. Not knowing what to do, he went in one of the room. He felt something moving. He moved closer to where he heard the muffled noise. I have a bad feeling about this.

 

“!” next thing he knew, he was down on the ground. “Who are you?! Where are you?!” he shouted as he held the bar right in front of him. He heard some footsteps walking towards his direction.

 

A silhouette of a girl. Who is she? What does she want from me?

“Deux.” Was all the girl said before charging towards him. Before he knew it, he was back on the ground again. “Kill or get killed.” He heard her say.

 

“What are you talking about? Who are you? What do you want from me?” he asked again.

 

“If you don’t want to die, come at me with everything you’ve got.” He looked to his right and met eyes with the girl. He can’t see her face because she was wearing a mask. “Who are you?” he asked.

 

“A shadow.” Was all she said.

 

“Shadow? What is that?”

 

The girl did not answer, instead, she charged towards his direction. He ducked down just in time using his instincts because he can’t fully see where the girl is coming from. He looked to the left, nothing. He looked to the right, nothing. The girl came out of nowhere and kicked him straight in the face.

“Argh! Where are you?! Show yourself!” he screamed as he got up in his feet.

 

“Quite persistent. Are you enjoying the show Julie?” The man asked the lady who just entered the room. Looking intently at the screen. “I see. You’re starting your training already. How long have they’ve been battling?” the lady asked.

 

“About 10 minutes.”

 

“And he is still on his feet. Impressive.” The lady smirked.

 

 

The lights went on and he can now see his surroundings. It was an empty building with a lot of boxes scattered everywhere. He saw the girl who just attacked her standing right in front of her. She was pointing a gun at him. His eyes widened as he stood in front of her, frozen. “Are you going to shoot me?” he asked as he dropped the metal bar he was holding. “Please, I don’t know you. Please let me go.” He begged.

 

“Kill or get killed.” Was all she said. Kill or get killed. Does she want me to kill her? Is she crazy?!

With no hesitation the girl pulled the trigger and shoot him continuously. His instinct told him to run as she will not stop until she kills him. He turned left, panting, running for his life. She continue on shooting him. He hid behind one of the walls. I’m going to die! I don’t even know my own name, why can’t I remember anything? What is wrong with me?! Who is that girl? Why is she after me?!

 

 

“Kill or get killed. Do you really want to die? Attack me.” The girl said as she walked towards him.

She’s right behind me. What should IBefore he could think of a way to run away from her she pulled him out of his hiding spot and tossed him a dagger.

 

“Kill.” She said.

 

“I don’t know how to use this! Why do you want me to kill you?! Are you crazy?!” he yelled at her while he avoid her attacks. She charged towards him again, she caught his arm and cut through it.

“Come at me with everything you’ve got if you don’t want to die.” She whispered.

 

I have nothing. No past. No future. Not even a life. Even so, I don’t want to die. “Argh!!!” He yelled as he run towards her. “I don’t know who you are but I don’t want to die yet!” He yelled as he attack her. He caught her wrist and spun her around making her back collide with his chest. He kicked her side, making her let go of her dagger. Kill or get killed.

 

She tried to counter attack him but he was using all his weight on her. She couldn’t move. He pushed her straight on the floor and when he saw his chance he got on top of her with the dagger pointing at her neck. “Kill or get killed.” Was all he said.

 

She stared at him. Those eyes, why do they look so familiar? He reached out for her mask. When he finally got rid of it he gathered all his courage to stab her right in the face. He aimed for it and he attacked her. When the dagger was an inch away from her face he stopped. Why can’t I kill her?!

 

He tossed the dagger away and walked away from the girl. “I don’t know you. But I will not kill you as well even if you tried killing me a while ago.” The girl remained silent and did not dare to move.

 

He opened the door. He looked around only to see an empty surrounding. He was in some sort of a desert far away from everyone else. No people, no buildings, no houses, no cars, no anything. Just him, the girl and the abandoned building. “Who am I?” he whispered. “Who am I?!” he then screamed after.

 

“Deux.” The girl answered.

“You are……”

“My name is Un, and you are Deux.” She said.

“Deux?”

 

“Deux is your name, starting today, your name is Deux.” Was all she said before shooting him using a dart gun. He fell on his knees and she caught him right before he hit the floor again.

 

“D-Deux. What is that? What kind of--”

 

“You are me, and I am you.” She said.

 

“What do you think Julie? Isn’t he a wonderful talent? The result he gave us was unbelievable. This boy had no training, and no formal understanding of tactics. He took these actions out of instincts. Furthermore, he was able to overpower Un for just a moment.” The tall man said as he walked towards their direction along with two other people.

 

“I am disappointed in you Un.” Julie said as she looked down at them.

 

“I am terribly sorry.” Was all she ever said.

 

“He’s a genius. Not only that, but he also possess abilities that appear when put under the pressure of a life-or-death situation. It’s almost as if he was born to join Enfer.” The man stated.

 

“Even so, do you think he wants to?” Julie asked him.

 

“No egg will refuse to hatch, nor will any seed refuse to sprout. His will is not the problem here.” He answered back.

 

“And your specialty of brainwashing is going to solve that problem huh?”

 

“It’s perfect. Using hypnosis and drugs, we were able to seal away only those memories that concern his own identity. I beg you, please try to understand, Miss Smyth. This is an act of benevolence.” He said as he closed his eyes.

 

“Unfortunately, he happened to be at the wrong place at the wrong time. If it hadn’t been for us, he would have been killed as a witness. But I wanted to give him another chance and live a fruitful life.” The man continued.

 

“Travelling alone and Korean, huh?” Julie frowned. “This could be trouble.” She continued.

 

“No one can trace his location anymore. It’s a complete secret now.” The man assured her.

 

“All right, Maître. I’ll leave this boy to you.” Julie said as she take her leave.

 

“Thank you very much.” Maître bowed.

 

“But ‘Un’ and ‘Deux’? Couldn’t you at least come up with better names for your students?” she remarked before entering her car.

 

“We’ll see how long you can keep ordering me around like that, Lady.” Maître smirked as he looked at Julie’s car.

 

On the other hand, Un was touching Deux face. I’m the first woman, Un. You’re the second man, Deux. We are…

 

“What are you doing, you’ve done your part Un. Return to your post.” Maître said.

 

“Yes, master.” Un said as she looked at the dagger lying beside Deux. We are… Ghosts that cannot exist anywhere. We are ghosts with no identity.

 

 

 

Un

girl+white+mask+red+lips.jpg

 

Deux

Min-Hyuk-lee-minhyuk-30689042-743-568.jp