Chapter 7

The Ring

Chapter 7

One day One Feeling

 

 

Yunho, Yoona, and Jay’s parents were gathering in Jay’s hospital room, waiting for him to wake up. But, he gave no sign that he would gain his consciousness. The looks in their eyes were sad, staring at Jay on the bed. They hoped that a miracle would bring him back to them.

Yoona took a step forward, holding Jay’s hand. “I miss you, Jay. Although you’re cold to me sometimes, but I don’t like to see you like this.” She said softly.

Yunho just stared at Jay’s finger which wore a ring. He knew that Jay became like this because of the ring on his finger. But, he could do nothing to take it off. Jay was almost dead, but he was glad that Jay was not dead. He had still a hope for his friend to recover and do a photoshoot again with him. “Jay… I’ve told you to be careful, but you didn’t want to listen. You’ve said that you won’t die. Now, I’m asking you to keep your promise. Don’t give up… You have to recover. All of us here are waiting and wanting you to wake up. Please… You must be strong like a family here.”

“Jay… I like you. Since our first meeting, I feel that you’re my destiny. I was so glad when Aunt Jeonghye invited me to meet you. Please, come back… Jay.” Yoona called as the tears rolled down her face.

 

۩  ۩ ۩

 

Meanwhile, Jay and Seohyun were walking side by side in another place. Stopping his step, Jay looked back, hearing that someone was calling his name. Seohyun stopped walking, she glanced at the man beside him.

“What’s going on?” Seohyung asked.

“I don’t know. I just hear someone calling my name.” Jay answered.

“Who?”

Jay shook his head. “I don’t know.” He then looked at Seohyun. “Why do you take me here? Isn’t this your house? Is this the safe place you’ve mentioned before?”

Seohyun chuckled before she finally said, “Yes, it’s my house, the place where I met you for the first time.” She grinned widely.

Jay rolled his eyes, turning his body. “I don’t want to go. I got all the troubles after I came to this house.” Jay said lazily before walked away.

Watching Jay want to leave, Seohyun quickly grabbed his wrist and dragged him into the her house. “You are not going anywhere! Come on, my fiancé… Don’t you remember that you’ve agreed to follow my command?”

“Really… What do you want to show me, Granny Seohyun?”

Hearing those words, Seohyun stopped walking and stared at Jay in anger, her face was sullen. “What did you say?! I am a Granny?!” She asked.

“Yes. Granny Seohyun.” He called her once again clearly. Suddenly, Seohyun slapped his head, feeling mad with his words for her. “Aaugh!” He groaned, rubbing his head in pain. “Why did you hit me?”

“If you try to say it once again, I’ll really hit your head. You understand?!”

“Geez… Don’t you know that you had died in 1976 and this time is 2013? It means you’ve been so old present. So, why are you so mad when I call you granny?”

“Whatever. One thing you must know. Although my real age has been old, my appearance is not old. Let’s go.” She led him to her house, holding Jay’s hand.

Jay just rolled his eyes. ‘Why are girls always mad when someone says that they’re old?’ Jay thought as he followed her to get into the house. Nothing had changed from her house. All of the things looked the same, but there were dust in here and there. Jay kept following Seohyun from behind as she led him into her bedroom. “Hey, Seohyun?” Jay called.

Seohyun stopped walking and turned around. “What?”

“I want to know something. Why did you take me here? Why did you act like something will endanger me?” He asked.

“I’ll simply explain. Victoria, another ghost like me, wants you be her victim to wake her late husband. When she gets you, you’ll really die. I just don’t want it to happen to you. The reason why I take you here is to show you that picture.”

He frowned. “Picture?”

Seohyun nodded, pointing a frame on the table beside Jay.

Jay was looking around Seohyun’s bedroom, the place where he started his spiritual things such as meeting ghosts till his condition right now. He then saw a picture frame on the table. Feeling curious, he took it from the table and widened his eyes when he was looking at the picture. It was an old photo of Seohyun with a man who had the same face with Jay. He felt like he had a twin brother.

“How his face could be the same with mine?” Jay asked as he tapped his own cheek, feeling like it was him on the picture.

Hearing Jay’s question, Seohyun walked toward him and glanced at the frame in his hand. “Do you believe now? You are him in the different generation. He lived in the past. You live in the present. He is my late fiancé and he was born again as you…” Seohyun introduced her fiancé.

“Our resemblance is just a coincidence. A dead people could never be born twice.” Jay denied her statement.

“Why do feel so hard to believe me?”

“Because it’s unbelievable. But…”

“….??”

“Now, I understand how your feeling is. Honestly, I do feel it. Loosing someone special is the hardest thing. I never feel the love before, that’s why I didn’t understand it in the beginning. I think I start to learn it from you. You must have loved him so deeply.”

Smiling sweetly, Seohyun said, “Yeah, I loved you...”

Shaking his head, Jay replied with his smile as he walked again in her bedroom after placed the frame on the table again. Then, a flash of light shot him. Turning his head, his eyes caught Seohyun was shooting him with his own camera. She laughed when she saw his facial expression, he was surprised to see her using his camera.

“Smile! I’ll take a picture again!” She told him.

“Seohyun!” Jay called loudly. “You can never take a picture of a spirit like me. And again, how did you get my camera? You stole it from me?” He asked.

“No. I just borrow it from you.”

“What? Borrow? When was it? You never talked about it to me. Now, give it back to me.” Jay motioned his hand

“No.” She rejected.

“Seohyun!”

“No. Jay!”

“You…” Getting annoyed, Jay ran toward her to grab the camera. But, she put her hands up and to the side, trying to play with him. Jay quickly raised his hand, holding the camera easily. Seohyun didn’t want to let his camera go as Jay kept pulled it from her, his hand then reached hers, holding her hands accidentally. Jay stopped fighting for his camera as he stared at his hands which touched hers. Seohyun did the same. Both of them looked at each other for a few seconds, feeling something unusual about their feeling.

Jay was the first who looked away. He then coughed in his throat, trying to break her stare from him.

Seohyun woke up from her daydream before she finally grinned to see the look on his face. “Why is it? You look so shy.” She . She knew Jay never build a relationship with a girl before, that’s why he acted like an innocent.

“No. I just… just… Ah nothing. Give my camera.” Jay didn’t know how to answer. He then took the camera from Seohyun’s hand and looked at the shots he got on his camera, pretending that nothing happened.

Smiling sweetly, Seohyun kept staring at Jay without blinking her eyes. She was so glad this time, having a man she loved here. Suddenly, an idea crossed her head. Without a sign, she moved her face forward, planning to kiss Jay quickly on the cheek which was only thirty centimeters from hers. But, something unexpected happened. Jay turned his head in Seohyun’s direction as her face had been so close to his face. Seohyun startled to find he turned his head as she couldn’t stop her movement. Their faces were bumping each other.  Jay’s lips accidentally pressed against hers, kissing right on the lips.

Jay’s eyes grew wide when this happened. Seohyun also did the same. The kiss lasted for a few seconds before Jay finally broke the kiss, looking away. He was so blushing after did his first kiss with her. He could not believe that he did it with a ghost.

Seohyun was still surprised, covering her lips with her hand. “Oh my… Did we do a kiss?” She asked.

Still blushing, Jay looked at her. “Y-you! W-what are you d-doing?” He stammered.

“N-no… I just want… want… uh?” She rubbed the back of her head, feeling confused to answer it. Actually she was so happy with this. She finally could steal his first kiss, although it was just by accident.

“Just forget it…” He told her as he walked toward the giant window. He could not make up his mind right now, so he just stared at the garden outside. ‘What happen to me? I feel strange. What is this feeling?’ He thought, touching his chest.

Seohyun smiled again, walking closer to Jay. “Jay?” She called.

“What?” He answered without looking back.

“Uhm… um…. I… I…” She could not say the right words.

Hearing her stammering. Jay sighed and turned around to face her. “What do you want to say? Please, say it clearly.” He told her.

Seohyun still thought about the right words to say while Jay kept waiting her patiently. Jay then widened his eyes when he felt his body was lifted up in the air suddenly, it’s about two feet above the floor like there was no gravity.  “What’s going on?” He asked before something powerful pulled him backward. His body was breaking through the window quickly.

Seohyun was about to grab Jay’s arm, but he moved too fast. She finally lost her hold on him. “Jay!” Seohyun called loudly, watching Jay being taken away to enter a black hole outside her house. He then disappeared with it. She then ran away to find out where Jay was taken. “Jay! No!” She called, feeling afraid that it was Victoria’s action. One thing in her mind, she had to catch up with Jay before it’s too late.

 

۩  ۩ ۩

 

Appearing in another world, Jay stopped flying as his body was sent onto the ground, rolling a few times before he finally settled on the ground in front of Victoria.

“Welcome… I’ve been waiting for you.” Victoria greeted him.

Still lying on his stomach on the ground, Jay looked up, looking around him. He was in a very large room with a big mirror a few meters behind her. This room was like a ballroom where he usually saw in his real world. He then stopped looking around to face her. “Who are you? Are you just another ghost?” He asked.

“I’m Victoria.” She answered.

“…!!! Victoria?” Jay was surprised. She was the ghost that Seohyun ever told him. He then pushed himself up, standing upright in front her. “Is this how you treat someone?”

“Yeah… Sometimes I don’t really behave.”

Jay stared coldly at her. “What do you want from me?”

“I want you.” Victoria smirked as she got closer to him. “It’s because you’re special. Come with me…” Step by step, she walked forward, getting closer to Jay. “You are really like him… I’m sorry that I’ll have to end your life soon…” She said to the point.

"So, you want me here to wake your late husband?" Jay asked.

"Very smart! How did you know?" Victoria asked.

"I know everything. I-" Jay stopped speaking when he heard a loud calling from behind. Turning around, he saw Seohyun was running in his direction.

"Jay!" Seohyun called as he stopped in front of her fiance. "Are you okay? Did she do something to you?" She asked.

"No. Not yet."

Seohyun nodded at his answer before she stared at Victoria. "I won't let you kill him for the second time of his life!" She said firmly.

Victoria chuckled after heard her statement. “Really? What about this?”

Suddenly, Jay felt an unbearable pain in his heart, like a dagger was jabbing him. It hurt so much till he fell on his knees on the ground, clutching his chest in agony. He groaned as the pain was getting stronger in every second.

“Jay!” Seohyun called when she saw Jay in so much pain.

 

۩  ۩ ۩

 

Back to the hospital where Jay was taken care, all of his parents and friends were panic when they saw Jay sudden reaction. His finger moved a little bit as his eyes seemed that it was moving, even though he still had his eyes closed. The doctor rushed to check up on him.

“His response is the sign that he leaves his comatose. But, I am afraid it will be bad sign too. His condition is getting worse and unpredictable. His heartbeat was getting weak too. It’s not good.” The doctor said as he and the medics were treating him, trying to help Jay with all their might.

“Please, doctor… Do your best to help him. I don’t want to lose him. Please… help my son.” Jay’s mother said between her tears as she was in Yoona’s embrace who was trying to calm her down.

‘Jay… Please, you have to be strong. All of us here are waiting for you here. We want you to come back in a healthy condition… Jay… Please, be alright... Dear God, please, help him to recover soon. Don’t let him die…’ Yoona said a prayer in her mind.

 

 

 


A/N : Thank you so much for all of you who read this story! Next chapter will be the last chapter. Please, don't miss it. ;)