New Year's Eve

High School Musical: KrisSica Style!!
 

everything in bold is spoken in English

 

peach means Jessica is singing

blue means Kris is singing

purple means both Kris and Jessica are singing



11 p.m., New Year's Eve
Ski Lodge
Vancouver, Canada
 
 
The kids in the club were partying like crazy. Some were doing karaoke, drinking, and chattering all around.
 
Meanwhile, Jessica, on the other sid, was reading her favorite novel in an upstairs' bar. Her mom came to call her, sighing as she saw her.
 
"Sica, enough reading. It's New Year's Eve. You have to do something else," she told her, starting to grab her book.
 
"Andwae! Umma, I'm almost done!" Jessica gasped in surprise. Her mom threw a glare at her.
 
"Yah! Teens' club? I picked up your best clothes already," she insisted. Jessica exhaled in disappointment.
 
"Can I at least have my book back?" she asked, almost showing her puppy eyes. Her mom sighed in relent.
 
"Kamsahamnida," she mouthed as her mom gave her the book back, dragging her to her bedroom.
 
 
 
 
In another side at the lodge...
 
"Come on, Kevin! Keep working left. We got a guard on the game we're expecting. You'll torch them!" Coach Wu ordered.
 
"I'm going left, right?" Kris asked, dribbling the ball onto the floor.
 
"Ne. Take it downtown," he told him.
 
"Arraseo. Like this?" he asked, making a fake right and went left. His dad tried to avoid him, yet he shot and nailed the ball into the ring.
 
"Whoo!" Kris cheered in victory as the ball landed on his dad's hands.
 
"Asa! I wanna see that in the game!" the coach cheered, smirking at him.
 
"Boys?"
 
"Yeah, don't you worry. You'll definitely see that," Kris assured him, smirking.
 
"Yah!" a female voice called.
 
They turned their heads, seeing a middle-aged woman in a dress glaring at them.
 
"Did we fly all the way back here just to play more basketball?" she asked them.
 
Kris and his dad exchanged glances for a while, smirking.
 
"Ne," they panted in an as-a-matter-of-fact tone.
 
"It's the last day we're here. Party, remember?" she reminded them, raising an eyebrow.
 
"And, Kris, they have a kid's party downstairs at the club," she told him, he scoffed and rolled his eyes.
 
"Kids?" he muttered, letting out an annoyed scoff.
 
"Fine, teens. Now, go change!" she told him. Kris stole the ball from his dad, looking at his mom.
 
"Umma, one more, okay? Last one," he pleaded, walking to his early spot. His mom sighed and crossed her arms in relent.
 
"Here we go," Kris muttered, making a fake and once again, successfully shot the ball.
 
"That's my boy!" his dad praised as Kris jogged to his room, getting ready.
 
Minutes later, both of them finished.
 
Kris wore a white shirt covered in a blue blazer, blue casual jeans and Converse shoes.
 
He casually made his way into the club, not paying attention to anything.
 
Jessica wore a creme-colored top, grey skinny jeans, and white flat shoes. She brought a small purse and her novel.
 
She timidly walks into the room. Seeing an unoccupied sofa, she sat down and continued reading her book.
 
"Alright! Who's gonna rock the house next?" the host asked on the small stage. Spotlights started roaming around the room.
 
"Ayo! Come on!" he gagged.
 
Spotlights continued to dash around the room, until they landed on both Kris and Jessica, making them gasp.
 
"Oh-ho! Asa!" the host cheered. Kris widened his eyes in surprise, the other kids behind him pushed him forward.
 
"No, no. I can't sing," he hesitated.
 
Jessica seemed shocked and a bit scared of it. "Miss," the host offered his hand, she shyly took it and walked onto the stage.
 
They both reluctantly got onto the stage, awkwardly standing beside each other.
 
"Yah! You guys are SO gonna thank me and the spotlights for this," the host teased at them, handing his microphone to Kris. "Or not," the host muttered to himself, smiling playfully.
 
Kris put the mic back to its stand. Everytime Kris peeked at her, she'd look down or look away to avoid it. The music started, Kris cleared his throat before starting. He peeked at the lyric screen.
 
Living in my own world
Didn't understand
That anything can happen
When you take a chance
 
Awkward.
 
Kris was hesitating. He was giving up. He was about to leave, when Jessica sang.
 
I never believed in
What I couldn't see
 
Kris widened his eyes, astonished by her voice. He slowly got back to his spot.
 
I never opened my heart (Oh)
To all the possibilities
Ooh
 
They both began to sang. Kris kept his eyes on Jessica. Jessica smiled a bit.
 
I know
That something has changed
Never felt this way
But right here tonight
 
They sang the reff, sometimes looking at smiling at each other.
 
This could be the start
Of something new
It feels so right
To be here with you, oh
 
And now, looking in your eyes
I feel in my heart (Feel in my heart)
The start of something new
 
Oh, yeah
 
Kris smirked, losing himself in the song.
 
Now, who would've ever thought that
 
He playfully took off his blazer, throwing it to the other kids, making them fangirl wildly. Jessica noticed this and giggled at him, starting to lose herself to.
 
We'd both be here tonight
 
Ooh, yeah
And the world looks so much brighter (brighter, brighter)
With you by my side (by my side)
 
I know
That something has changed
Never felt this way
I know it for real
 
This could be the start
Of something new
It feels so right
To be here with you, oh
 
And now, lookin' in your eyes
I feel in my heart (feel in my heart), oh
The start of somethin' new
 
Kris was totally enjoying himself now. He smiled at Jessica.
 
I never knew that it could happen 'til it happened to me
Oh, yeah
 
He playfully grabbed and posed with the mic's stand like an idol, causing Jessica to blush and giggle at his movements. She took the mic off and enjoyed herself.
 
I didn't know it before
But now it's easy to see
Oh~
 
They smiled at each other, looking into each other's eyes.
 
It's the start
Of something new
It feels so right
To be here with you, oh
 
And now, lookin' in your eyes
I feel in my heart, oh
 
Kris seducingly moved closer to Jessica. She smiled and shyly moved backwards, almost falling off stage, causing the other kids to push her back up. She blushed heavily at this.
 
That it's the start
Of something new
It feels so right
To be here with you, oh
 
And now, lookin' in your eyes
I feel in my heart (feel in my heart), oh
The start of something new
 
The start of something new
The start of something new
 
They finished the song, standing an inch in front of each other, looking into each other's eyes. The whole room erupted with cheers and claps.
 
Kris held out his hand, smiling.
 
"Kris imnida."
 
"Jessica imnida."
 
- - -
 
"Seriously. You sang really good! Are you a singer?" Kris asked as they walked by the 2nd floor's balcony, sipping on their hot chocolates.
 
"Ani. I tried singing solo in school and nearly fainted," Jessica shook her head and giggled. Kris widened his eyes.
 
"Jinjja?"
 
"Ne."
 
"Wae?"
 
"I don't know. Hundreds of eyes were staring at me. A second later, I was staring at the ceiling," she explained, making them giggle.
 
"What about you? Sounds like you've sung a lot too," she asked him. He shrugged his shoulders, leaning on the rail.
 
"I don't really sing much. I prefer rap more than sing," he said.
 
"But you sang really great back there! I mean, it was so cool!" she beamed, leaning beside him.
 
"I know, right? I mean, completely! I never even knew I could do that!" he exclaimed, smiling.
 
"So, you're here on vacation?" she asked.
 
"Ne. I flew from Seoul with my parents. This is actually my hometown," he nodded. She gave a surprised look at him.
 
"Really?" she asked. "Yeah. My birthplace was actually in China, but when I was 8 or 9, I moved here," he said. She nodded in understanding.
 
"7...
 
"6....
 
"5...
 
"4...
 
"3...
 
"2...
 
"1! WHOO!!! YEAHH!!!" they could hear the kids downstairs cheering as fireworks started exploding in the sky.
 
Kris and Jessica smiled at it, they suddenly made eye contact for a while.
 
"Uh... I guess I better go find my umma and wish her a happy new year," Jessica broke the silence.
 
"Ne. Me too," Kris said.
 
Awkward moment of silence...
 
"Hey, I'll call you! I can call you tomorrow!" Kris beamed, as if a light bulb suddenly appeared on his head. Jessica smiled and nodded, taking out her phone, Kris too.
 
They exchanged phone numbers and selcas, chuckling at it.
 
"You know, I think singing with you is the most memorable time in my life. So... Where--?" Kris was about to ask when Jessica disappeared out of nowhere.
 
Kris just smiled at himself, staring at her selca in his phone.
 
"Jessica..." he muttered.

 

first chapter's here....

 

 

EXO's MV teaser is finally released! They look kinda creepy in it...