I Don't Want That

But I Love You

But I Love You 

Chapter Fourteen

 

Let’s break up

Ji Yong’s hands trembled as he stared at the message. At first he couldn’t really grasp what he was reading. The words didn’t register fully in his mind. He felt numb, as he blankly stared at the screen of his phone. It wasn’t until a drop of water fell on the bright screen that Ji Yong blinked, and gasped, watching as two more drops fell. He was crying- and his chest was hurting.

Suddenly, A million thoughts ran through his mind at once. If he and Seung Hyun broke up, if Seung Hyun left to go live where he could no longer see him, then he was never ever going to see him again. He would never be able to be by Seung Hyun’s side. If he let this be true, if they ended things between them- if he didn’t speak up now and his own feelings-

He was going to lose Seung Hyun! 

Ji Yong shook his head, feeling as his tears ran down his face more freely—“I don’t want that!”

Snapping his phone closed, Ji Yong ran towards the door, throwing it open as he ran outside, looking around frantically. “SEUNG HYUN!” he cried, where could Seung Hyun had gone? He kept wondering where he could find him, and only thought of the places where they had been.  And he kept running- promising himself that he was not going to stop- not until he found Seung Hyun.

Seung Hyun on the other hand wasn’t thinking straight. He wasn’t sure whether to be angry or throw a crying fit. As soon as he had left, he had texted Ji Yong that they should break up. There was no way that he was going to place Ji Yong in any more danger than he already had. But other than that, right now he needed to talk to his father.

First he had gone home to look for him, but his mother told him that his father had yet to return from where he had gone. He asked where he had gone, but she kept shut. She was always good in reading him, and she could tell that something had happened.

Seung Hyun had left, deciding that he didn’t need her to tell him.

There was only one place that his dad would be, and it was in his lab, packing up any last things that he had there. Seung Hyun knew how much that lab meant to his father. He had no doubt the man would be looking around in there even hours before they had to leave. After all, that place was going to get scrapped and destroyed soon.

Taking out his key, Seung Hyun opened the door, leaving it unlocked as he walked inside and got into the elevator, to the lab floor. Once he was there, he narrowed his eyes and bared his teeth when he saw his father standing there, reminiscing. When the doors closed with a low ding, Dong Wook turned around to face his son. To say that he was surprised by how ferocious Seung Hyun’s face looked was an understatement. “Seung Hyun, what…”

“Why didn’t you tell me, because I’m sure that you knew” Seung Hyun snapped accusingly.

Dong Wook gave him a confused look, “What are you talking about?”

“I’m talking about Ji Yong,” Seung Hyun hissed, “You and his father weren’t chummy just over anything. How long were you going to hide the fact that Ji Yong was also a neko?” he asked.

Dong Wook looked shocked, “How did you find out?”

Seung Hyun was done. “I told him about me!”

“But why?” Dong Wook kept throwing questions at Seung Hyun. But Seung Hyun was getting annoyed that he was not answering his.

“Why didn’t you tell me!” Seung Hyun hissed, his eyes demanding that his father give him an answer this time.

Sighing, Dong Wook moved towards Seung Hyun, being cautious with his movements. “It wasn’t really my place to tell you about Ji Yong, much as it was not Young Bae’s place to tell his son about you. We had decided that it was the choice you two had, whether you chose to tell the other or not.” Dong Wook explained. “I’m sorry if you feel like I somehow kept it from you. But you were the one dating Ji Yong, how could you have not notice?”

Seung Hyun growled, “All this time, I kept wondering why it was that I had to break up with someone that I felt so strongly for, you could have told me more about. It didn’t make sense for me to leave him, I still don’t want to,” Seung Hyun fisted his hands. There was no way that he was going to cry in front of his dad. Not anymore. He needed to be stronger than this, “There was nothing to notice when Ji Yong was as ‘normal’ as I…”

“Would it have made a difference if I had told you?” Dong Wook asked. “Someone is still out there trying to get to you and others like you, meaning Ji Yong. Who knows what other kind of species there are out there. From the beginning when Young Bae and I learned that you two were dating, we were shocked as to how you were drawn to each other.”

Seung Hyun lowered his ears as he thought about just how crazy they went, even his tail whenever Ji Yong was near. Especially how good it felt when Ji Yong had touched them. At a moment he could have forgotten all of his problems by simply being with Ji Yong. Knowing that his dad was just going to use that information against him, he decided to keep it to himself. He was tired of being analyzed as some sort of phenomena. He was as human as his dad was. “It could only be normal that we would. Siwon always said I showed no interest in no one else,”

“Exactly,”

Seung Hyun tried to keep his growl in. “Dad”

“Whether you like it or not, we are leaving,” Dong Wook firmly said, placing his hand over Seung Hyun’s shoulder.  “We will leave early in the morning, tomorrow,” he whispered, “So just let go of Ji Yong.” 

“I” Seung Hyun started, but didn’t finish as the doors of the elevator behind him opened once more. Both looked over to see who was there, and were shocked as to who it was. “Ji Yong…” Seung Hyun whispered.

“No” The blond snapped.

“Huh,” Dong Wook said, confused as to what was going on. The blond neko on the other side looked completely angered, and with the tears falling from his eyes, hurt as well. Suddenly he understood what was going on.

“I’m not letting you break up with me, Seung Hyun,”


Hee Chul crossed his arms as he watched his creator, and father, Seon-Woong; check over Daesung and Hyun Seung. Technically, he was Seon Woong’s child. One that was not going to make it into the world. He would have died if it wasn’t for the science involved to infusing his body with a robot, giving him practically everything like a machine. His heart was hooked to an internal machine that was helping pump it for him, but his mind was able to control everything, with the help of a simple ship. If the Micro-ship inside his brain was incinerated, then he would no longer live. That was practically his life and memories.

It felt really artificial, he wasn’t really human, so there was no reason for him to pretend to be one, or experience the same feelings as them. At least he didn’t feel like he deserved to be human when he was more machine inside than anything else.

He was made to follow rules from Seon Woong, and he was also the one that could destroy him, so there was no way that he could go against his wishes. Hee Chul pursed his lips as he watched how the mad scientist took well care of Daesung and Hyun Seung, injecting them with something that seemed to make their muscles bulge slightly on their thin frames. He could see their feverish looks, the way that Seon Woong gently took his vitals with a care that he didn’t have for Hee Chul.

Because Daesung and Hyun Seung were all warm flesh- they were his real kids. They were not machines.

“Listen up Hee Chul,” Seon Woong suddenly called, drawing Hee Chul’s eyes away from Daesung and Hyun Seung and to him.

Hee Chul sat up straighter when he noted the harsh and cold look in his eyes, “yes?”

The dark haired man turned sharp eyes at him. There were bags under said eyes, heavy, and purple to the point that they looked painful and told stories about how little he slept. Seon Woon always considered sleeping and eating a waste of time. This man had no appreciation for the reality that was human life, “I have injected Daesung and Hyun Seung with a serum that will enhance their alfatory senses. This means that they will become real hunters now, and be able to sniff out anyone that is hiding from us, and that means even Dong Wook’s child, no matter where they go,”

Hee Chul nodded. He had not been stupid. He had known that Siwon was now more onto him than before, so he had to get his information one way or another. When he learned that Dong Wook was moving away, he had immediately reported it. This had rewarded him a visit from Seon Woong whom said that in the data that he had collected and set over, he had found away to enhance these creatures even more.

Meaning right now Daesung and Hyun Seung were getting an upgraded diagnosis. “What is it that you want me to do now?” Hee Chul asked, doing his best to sound cold and uncaring. “I doubt that there will be anymore interaction between Ji Yong and Seung Hyun after their separation,”

“We’re not sure about that, but if not,” Seon Woong decided to test a theory, “I’ll inject Daesung with a pheromone that cats are attracted to. Even if Daesung is a whole different species from them, I’m betting that the one that stays close to here, will be the one to fall for it,” the man smirked, as if he was all that brilliant, “There is a chance that it might not work, but that will just add more to my research about them,”

“And the female?” Hee Chul asked. He at first had been surprised to learn that there were females walking around as well with the same problem as Seung Hyun and Ji Yong, the only difference was that females got no cat ears or tails. The only remarkable trait that females got was the long nails and catty fangs. They were cats none the less, and their hearing was exceptional, but they were well concealed. Theory had it that it had to do something with the X chromosome that made females, well females.

“You said that one of the males was close to Chaerin?” Seon Woong asked. Hee Chul once more nodded his head. “Well, work that to our advantage,” he pressed. Hee Chul nodded his head. Seon Woong then stood up and walked over to Hee Chul, looking down at him with a creepy smile plastered on his face. Hee Chul concealed everything that was troubling him and looked him up in the eye as well. “Actually, since I am here right now, I think I should upgrade you as well,”

“Upgrade?” Hee Chul tried to keep the shock out of his voice, and if Seon Woong heard it, he didn’t comment on it. The man hummed to himself, rummaging through his bag once more.

“It won’t take that long,” Seon Woong reassured. He then reached for Hee Chul’s head, turning it to the side. He then brought out a wire that was all too familiar to Hee Chul as he was plugged into the main computer. As soon as he was being read, his mind, and everything shut down.

For those few minutes he was vulnerable to anything that Seon Woong would do. There was no conscious, and he didn’t know what he was installing this time. But when the man was finished he seemed satisfied, and had a really big smile on his face.

Packing his things up without saying a word, Seon Woong walked towards the door to leave. Hee Chul wanted to ask him why he was leaving so suddenly, but he was saved from asking as the man turned to look at him, “Oh and Hee Chul, I expect results within the next week. I need to know if any of the first experiments are able to reproduce. And if they are, I want to be the first one to get one of those babies…” the man chuckled, before leaving.

Hee Chul bitterly looked down at the floor. It was clear that Seon Woong was still looking for the ‘perfect race’ and he wanted to be the father of that new society. But could he really create a new race out of people whom have been spliced with animals? It seemed to be just too uncontrolled, too much of a chance- there was no guarantee that such a race would even be able to reproduce and yet…and yet Darwin’s theory would say so against that thought.

If life existed, and an organisms purpose would always be to find the means to survive, slowly changing and favoring certain genes through reproduction to ensure survival. No experiment had been sending out with a disadvantage, they could be as human as anyone else. They ate the same food as humans and could survive it- if there was a need to, he bet that there would also be reproduction qualities so their species expanded and prevailed in this world.

The question here was, were they going to be as successful as the human race to keep themselves alive. And if a pure being could be born of two spliced humans, or whatever they were now, would it be more powerful and prominent- would the offspring offer an answer to  how this race was going to keep surviving that the original parents themselves could not provide yet?

Walking over to Daesung and Hyun Seung, Hee Chul couldn’t help but watch over them. He was scared. One Week, he had one week to find an offspring, if he had listened correctly. Thing was that an offspring too longer to make, didn’t it?

He was scared for his own safety now. There was no doubting that someone more powerful and capable was being made already, to replace him. He was that disposable.

But Daesung and Hyun Seung were not. Both of them were Seon Woong’s real sons. The man had impregnated his wife artificially, and kept injecting her to ensure the survival of the twins. No one questioned him in his work, they simply let him do it, even if they doubted. And then both boys were born, healthy and… for lack of better words…deformed into the species that they had been meant to inherit through the injections from their egg, and in their placenta. But they were small, and that was due to the fact that they were born in within only three weeks.

Seon Woong knew that he had a lot less to work with as he watch them grow up and develop outside of a womb, already with a firm biology set in their DNA. He risked killing them if he tried to alter their DNA any more. But as they grew older, Seon Woong noted that Daesung and Hyun Seung changed with the time as well, looking more human, more attractive, except for their ears and tails that were not originally part of a human.

He was satisfied with his little puppies. Especially when both twin proved to be able to point out whom was not normal, and who was.

As the twins grew and Seon Woong found his attention free from constantly having to look at them, he remembered about how many other experiments he had corrupted when it came to his past friends and fellow scientists. One of the ones that he was most curious happened to be Dong Young Bae’s, and Choi Dong Wook- seeing as he had used an experimentation closer to the finished product.

In fact, he was amazed that there were several children out there that had made it even with the amateur serum, a bit deform they were, but he was satisfied with some of the experiments that had been born.

 “Guess it’s time to take things up a notch,” Hee Chul whispered. “No one will be spared,” he coldly added, and decided that at this point on, no more thoughts of Siwon. No more thoughts about what could have been.

He had a job to do.


Seung Hyun watched as his father poured some milk into a cup, before looking back at Ji Yong whom looked like he didn’t trust the man. He was still a bit surprised that Ji Yong had come after him, the way that he had, but at the same time he found that he was not. His father sighed, before moving away to place things away. His mother was in the other room, finishing with all of her packing, so they could leave by daybreak.

“I’ll leave you two alone for now,” Dong Wook called. He had already explained to Ji Yong the reason for their leaving. He advised the blond neko to tell his father as to what was going on, and that they should move as well. Ji Yong knew that from the beginning he wanted to know more about himself, but to learn that there were actually people out there who could hurt him or Seung Hyun. He had to admit that he was scared now of the prospect of it all. But he still didn’t see why he had to let go of Seung Hyun. That was almost like letting the other person win.

“Ji,” Seung Hyun started, reaching for his hand.

Ji Yong turned to look at him, trying his best not to cry again. He turned his hand so that he could lace his fingers around Seung Hyun’s own, and held on tightly. “Seung Hyun, I don’t want to break up,” he firmly said.

“We won’t,” Seung Hyun quickly said, “I’ll call you every day, and I’ll come visit…”

“I want you to stay here with me,” Ji Yong looked at Seung Hyun with large pleading eyes. Seung Hyun felt something grip his heart.

“Ji,” he whispered. He had to think fast. Getting up to his feet, Seung Hyun paced the room a few times before he rushed out of the kitchen, but was back in a flash. Ji Yong looked at him curiously, and Seung Hyun handed him something.

The object was odd, with purple jewels, an object that he didn’t understand. “What is this?” he asked, frowning at it.

“It’s a necklace.” Seung Hyun said. “I’ll be gone, but I’ll come visit. I promise. You will know when I come back, you know that I will. You just have to trust me,” Seung Hyun glanced over to his parents before he lowered his voice, “This is a key to place I’ve made for myself, I’ve got to appease my parents Ji, they are the only reason that I’m even leaving. But I can’t leave you behind; I don’t want to break up either,”

“So…what do you want me to do with this?” Ji Yong asked.

Seung Hyun smiled. “Give me some time. I’ll come back. And I’ll come for the key because I’ll need it. Keep it safe for me?” Seung Hyun whispered.

Ji Yong looked unsure if he should believe his words or not. The thing in his hands didn’t look like a key at all. “If you are lying,”

“Ji,” Seung Hyun stopped him before he could say anything else. “I wouldn’t lie to you,”

Ji Yong pursed his lips, and tightened his hold around the key. It felt like Seung Hyun was asking him to trust him, and although it was hard for Ji Yong to do, placing the distance between them. The fear of losing him just when he learned that they had more in common than he originally thought. The scary thing that he was so damned attached that it felt so terrible, like death if he was not with Seung Hyun- Ji Yong couldn’t even begin to explain it. But he trusted Seung Hyun. The white haired Neko had done nothing that had ever jeopardized that trust. Nodding his head, Ji Yong said, “I’ll trust you,”

Seung Hyun smiled, pleased, before he swooped in and planted a kiss on Ji Yong’s soft lips. The blond neko was surprised by the sudden kiss, but stopped Seung Hyun from moving away too fast, and deepened the kiss.

The both of them started to kiss like they were never going to see each other ever again, their mouths working to the breath out of the other. It wasn’t until someone cleared their throat that they both turned their heads to find Seung Hyun’s parents looking at them with mischievous and teasing looks. Both neko’s blushed and pulled away.

“Alright, Ji Yong, I’ve called your father and let him know of the situation, he’ll be here to pick you up,” Dong Wook said, making Ji Yong’s eyes widened.

“You called my dad?” He asked in disbelief.

“I thought it best that you were safe in your parents care, than here,” Dong Wook said. “We will be leaving soon.”

Ji Yong nodded his head, and Seung Hyun sighed.

Even though it was two more hours of them cherishing their moment together, getting lost in a video game and trying to forget their problems, two hours was not enough for them. It was too soon when Young Bae came, and had a talk with Dong Wook that involved them as well. It was too soon that Ji Yong had to leave, before the packing was finished and he had to leave as well.

Seung Hyun looked out through the large window at the airport, with his phone in hand. For right now, there was only one person that he could trust. And before he left, he asked for it, and told her what to do. His cousin, Bom, would never hide things from him like Siwon had. Right now, he didn’t even know if he could trust his own parents.

And then he was gone, leaving behind Ji Yong.

To where, he was not sure yet.

But he will be back.


^^ Next update~! Yay. Thank you to all that are still reading this.