Chapter 4-You're Mine

Dear Diary

October 30th

Dear Diary,

So much has happen to me since I’ve met Kim Jong In (aka Kai).  Do you remember when I skipped class a couple of weeks ago and went off with Kai to hang out?  Well, my parents found out and they grounded me for a week!  I thought the punishment was pretty reasonable considering that I don’t do much besides go to school and come back home.

Kai felt pretty bad that I got in trouble because of him.  At first I felt guilty about skipping class, but I had so much fun with him that I would do it all over again.  I was extremely nervous about hanging out with him, but he made me feel so comfortable by telling me silly jokes and just being himself.  First, he took me out to the mall and we did some window shopping.  I thought that was pretty fun because I have never done window shopping before.  Do you want to know what he did to me while we were walking at the mall together?  He held my hand!  That’s right!  You heard me!  He held my hand!  At first I tried to free myself from him because I didn’t want people to think that we were a couple (although I really wish we were) and he scold at me because he told me I could get lost.  Are you kidding me?  We’re at the mall!  Well, I thought that was a pretty lame excuse, but I eventually gave in because he said if l let go of his hand, he was going to kiss me.  Sighs…I should have just let him kiss me! 

Anyways, after we were done window shopping, he took me into the arcade and we played a few video games together.  Although I at playing video games, I didn’t mind losing to him because I was actually having a good time.  He never once left my side which made me feel more attracted to him.

After we were done playing video games, he dragged me to a photo booth and we took goofy pictures together.  He gave me half of the pictures and he kept the other half.  In one of the pictures, he kissed me on my right cheek before the flash went off.  His sudden kiss threw me off guard which caused me to open my mouth.  In one of the other picture, I accidently poked him in his left eye.  I tried to pinch his left cheek for kissing me but he suddenly jerked his head towards me and…well… yeah…let’s just say his eye is okay…for now.  LOL.

Once we were done taking pictures, he took me to a place called Kim’s Skating Rink.  At first I thought it would be a roller rink where we could roller skate…boy was I ever wrong!  Kim’s Skating Rink was a place for where boys of all ages come together and practice skateboarding.  I was the only girl there but everyone was really friendly to me.  I have never seen so many HOT guys before all in one place…especially his friends.  While they were showing off their tricks, I tried my hardest not to check them out, but I found myself staring at their handsome faces the entire time.  Let’s just say, he wasn’t too happy about it because I kept my attention on them instead of him.  Hehehehehehe….  I was quite impressed by his skateboarding skills.  He tried to teach me how to skateboard…and let’s just say I pretty much embarrassed myself.  Although I kept falling on my , I had a good time because he was holding me the entire time.  His friends also gave me some good tips and tricks about skateboarding.  I think skateboarding is going to be my new hobby from now on. 

By the time I knew it, it was already 4:00pm.  We had to leave because I got a nasty text message from my mom.  I knew I was going to be in trouble, but I didn’t care at that very moment because I was having way too much fun.  I made some new friends and I found a new hobby that I really liked. 

Oh…to add more drama into my life, Krystal is mad at me.  Ever since I have started eating lunch with Kai, she thinks I’m ignoring her.  I told her I wasn’t ignoring her and I even invited her to eat lunch with us on the roof top.  She told me that Kai was a bad person and a bad influence on me.  To add more fuel to it, this is what she also said to me:

“You’ve changed Kwon Sohyun.  Ever since you met Kim Jong In, you have been acting like a different person.  You’re not the same Kwon Sohyun that I once knew.  What happened to you?”

I was pretty shocked to hear her say something like this.  So, this is what I said back to her:

“I haven’t changed Krystal.  I’m still the same Kwon Sohyun.  Kim Jong In isn’t a bad person at all.  I don’t understand why people assume that he’s a bad person just because he skips a couple of classes.  He is actually a smart person.”

She fires back at me saying:

“Do you really think he wants to be your date for Homecoming?  Don’t you know that he’s just playing with you?”

I tried my best not to blow up at her, so I just asked:

“How do you know he is playing me?  Do you personally know that he is a player?”

We must have bickered with each other for about an hour.  Things got so bad that we’re not talking to each other anymore.  She refuses to acknowledge me as her best friend which saddens me.  I remember crying about it to Kai and you want to know what he said to me?  He said:

“Friends come and go.  You won’t know who your true friends are until you’re out of high school.”

I thought about what he said and it totally made sense to me.  I thanked him for listening to me and I hugged him for a very long time. 

Oh yeah…there was something else that I forgot to tell you too.  I agree to be his date for Homecoming.  You should have seen his face!  He was so happy that he picked me up and twirled me around…yes…just like how they do it in the fairy tale movies.  By the time he put me down, I was super dizzy!  I already picked out my dress and I’m super excited!  Not only do I have a hot date, but I’ll be wearing make-up for the first time!  I can’t wait!  I will tell you more about it tomorrow.  Good bye for now…

Sohyun closed her book and stretched out her arms. 

Ring!  Ring!  Ring!

Sohyun picks up her cell phone and a huge smile curved on her face, “Hello?”

“Hi mandu.  Are you asleep yet?” Kai asked.

“No, I’m still up.  What’s up?”

“I miss you.”

Sohyun’s eyes widen, “You miss me huh?  You just saw me today during lunch.”

“I know…but it’s not enough.”

“Yah…do you like me?”

“You should know the answer by now.  There’s no need for me to tell you.”

“It would be nice to hear it from your mouth you know?”

Kai scoffs, “Why?”

“I…um…”

“I like you,” Kai quickly mumbled.

“Y-yah!  Say it again,” Sohyun said as she blushed.  Thank heavens he can't see my face right now!

“No way.”

“Aw….please?” Sohyun begged.

Kai sighs, “Fine.  You better listen carefully because I’m not repeating myself again.  I LIKE YOU.”

Sohyun giggles, “I like…”

“Sohyun!” her mom shouted.  “You have a visitor!”

“Okay mom!  I’ll be there in a minute!” Sohyun shouted back.  “Hey Kai.  I have to go.  I’ll call you later okay?”

“Fine…don’t make me wait too long.”

“Okay, okay, okay.  I’ll talk to you later.  Bye.”

“Bye,” Kai said as he clicked his phone off.

Could it be Krystal that wants to see me?  She thought as she walks out of her bedroom.  

“Honey!  We’re in the living room!” her mom shouted.

Sohyun walks into the living room and was surprised to see Niel sitting on their sofa with her mom.

“N-niel?”

Niel stood up and bows his head at her, “Hello Sohyun.”

“I’ll leave you kids alone.  Honey, I’ll be in my room if you need me,” her mom said as she smiles at her.

“Thanks mom,” Sohyun said.  She waited for her mom to leave the room before she asked, “What brings you here?”

“I just wanted to talk,” Niel replied as he smiles at her.

“Sit down,” Sohyun said as she gestured him to sit.  She sat across from him and smiled, “What did you want to talk to me about?”

“It seems that Krystal has been very upset for the past 3 weeks.  Do you know what’s going on?” Niel asked looking very concerned.

Sohyun sighs, “Why don’t you ask her?”

“I tried but she keeps telling me it’s nothing.  I thought maybe you might know something about it.”

“Well…we’re not talking to each other right now,” Sohyun said as she twirls her fingers together.

“What?  Why not?”

“You don’t need to know.  It doesn’t concern you,” Sohyun replied.

“I thought we were friends?”

“We are friends, but sometimes friends don’t have to tell each other everything.”

Niel sighs, “I understand…”

Sohyun smiles, “Look Niel, I wouldn’t worry about her if I were you.  When she’s ready to talk, she’ll let you know.”

“Thanks Sohyun.”

“No problem.”

“Do you like Kai?” Niel suddenly asked.

Sohyun’s face turned red, “Why do you want to know?”

“Answer the question.  Do you like him?”

“What happens if I say yes?”

“I can’t stop you from liking him, but he’s known as…”

“Yes…he’s known as a player.  You’ve told me before.  Truthfully, I think you’re wrong about him.  I asked him if he was a player and he told me no.”

Niel scoffs, “And you’re going to believe him?”

“Why not?  I don’t think he would lie to me.”

“How long have you been hanging out with him?”

“About 3 weeks.”

“Then you obviously don’t know him well enough.”

“Well…how long have you known him?”

“Let’s just say I know him a little bit longer than you.  I don’t want to see you get hurt because of him.”

“What’s it to you if I get hurt or not?”

“I…”

“Look Niel, if you’re here just to lecture me about Kai, I think you should leave.  I would really appreciate it if you would mind your own business.”

“Okay…I understand.  I’m just giving you a heads up…that’s all.”

Sohyun stood up from the sofa and bows her head, “Thank you for your concern Niel.  Have a good night.”

Niel stood up and sighs, “Krystal is right.  You have changed.”

Sohyun returns the smile, “Sometimes change can be a good thing.  I’ll see you tomorrow at the dance.”

Niel nodded his head as he walked towards the door.  As he walked out of their house, he turns his head around and smiles, “Have a good night Sohyun.”

“Thank you,” Sohyun said as she closed the door.  Kai wouldn’t lie to me about being a player…would he?

October 31st (Homecoming 6:00pm)

“You look so beautiful!” her mom gushed as she twirls her around in a circle.

“Thanks mom,” Sohyun said as she smiles at her.  “Thank you for doing my hair and make-up too.”

“You’re welcome.  Gosh…my baby girl is growing up so fast!” her mom cried as she takes a picture of her.  “What time is your date supposed to pick you up?”

“He should be here any minute now,” Sohyun replied as she quickly fixes her hair.

Ding dong!  Ding dong!  Ding dong!

“Omo!  He’s here mom!  How do I look?” Sohyun cried as she nervously puts her dress shoes on.

Her mom giggles, “You look beautiful honey.  Relax.”

“I can’t help it mom…I’m so nervous!”

Her mom held her by her shoulders and smiled, “I know you are honey.  Take a few deep breaths and exhale slowly.”

Sohyun nodded her head as she followed her mom instructions.

“Hello,” Kai politely greeted as her dad opens the door.  He bows his head down and smiled.

Her dad smiles and bows his head back at him, “Hello.  You must be Kim Jong In huh?”

“Yes sir.”

“Come on in young man,” her dad said as he motion for him to come inside.

“Thank you sir,” Kai said as he takes his shoes off. 

“Let’s have a man to man talk in the living room shall we?” her dad said as he walks into the living room.

Kai gulps as he slowly follows him.

“Please sit,” her dad said sternly.

Kai did as he was told and tried to stay calm.

“I expect you to bring my daughter home at 12:30am.  If she is one minute late, I’m going to blow your head off with my shot gun,” her dad threatens.

“Dad!  Stop scaring him!” Sohyun yells as she walks into the living room. 

Kai’s eyes widen as he stood up, “Y-you look beautiful Sohyun.”

Sohyun shyly smiles at him, “Thank you Kai.  You look very handsome.”

“Ahem,” her dad said as he walks over to her.  “Honey, don’t you think you’re showing a little too much skin?”

“Dad!” Sohyun hissed as her face turns red.  “Mom!  Help me here!”

Her mom laughs out loud as she pulls her dad away from her, “Sweetie, what did I say about embarrassing our daughter?”

“I’m not embarrassing her…I’m just…” her dad trails off as her mom pushes him out of the living room.

Kai chuckled as he walks towards her, “Your parents are really funny.”

Sohyun rolls her eyes, “Yeah right.”

“I have something for you,” Kai said as he took out a silver diamond necklace out from his pocket.

Sohyun’s eyes widen, “You got me a necklace?  You shouldn’t have!”

“I wanted to.  Turn around so I can put this on you.”

Sohyun nodded her head as she turned her body around and madly blushed.  I feel like I’m living in a fairy tale story right now!

Kai put the necklace around her neck and whispered in her right ear, “You’re mine forever mandu.”

Sohyun slowly turns her body around and wrapped her tiny arms around his neck and smirked, “I’m all yours huh?  I don’t remember you asking me to be your boyfriend at all.  So how can I be yours?”

Kai wrapped his manly arms around her tiny waist and kissed her forehead with a light kiss, “Kwon Sohyun, will you be my girlfriend?”

“Yes!” Sohyun happily cried as she kissed him on his lips. 

“Ahem!” her dad cleared his throat as he stares at them from a far distance.  “No kissing allowed in my house.”

“Dad!  Why are you spying on us?” Sohyun cried as her face flushed with embarrassment.  She quickly let go of him and said, “We’re gonna get going.”

“Not so fast honey!” her mom cried as she walks into the living room holding her camera in her hand.  “We’re going to need some pictures first!”

“Fine…but we can’t stay long.  The dance starts at 7:00pm,” Sohyun said as she laced her hands with him.

“If the dance starts at 7:00pm, what will you guys be doing for the time being?” her dad curiously asked as he stares at Kai.

“My parents would like to meet Sohyun since she is officially my girlfriend,” Kai replied with a smile.  “Not only that, but my mom would like to take some pictures of us too.”

“When did this happen?!” her parents shouted in disbelief.

“Just now,” Sohyun shyly replied as she smiles at him.  This is truly the happiest day of my life right now. 

7:00pm (Homecoming Dance)

“Is that Kwon Sohyun over there?” Suzy asked as she points her finger towards the front entrance.

Krystal turns around and her eyes widen.  Her ex-best friend was wearing a beautiful white sparkling low cut dress along with a pair of sparkling gray dress shoes.  Man…for once she actually looked prettier than me.

Niel whistles, “Dang…she looks good.”

Dongho his lips together, “Holy mother of pearl!  I didn’t even recognize her!  She looks hot!”

“Wow…I never would have thought an ugly ducky would turn into a beautiful swan overnight,” a boy name Youngjae smirked.

“Kim Jong In looks pretty hot tonight,” a girl name Jiyoung said.

“I agree,” another girl name IU said.

“Omo!  He’s got huge eyes!” another girl name Sulli added.  “It looks like I might be stealing a dance from him later on tonight!”

Krystal was starting to get annoyed at the fact that her friends were paying more attention at her ex-best friend and Kim Jong In other than her.

“Kai, why is everyone staring at us?” Sohyun whispered as they walked towards the dance floor.

“Who cares?  Let them stare at us,” Kai said as he wraps his arms around her waist.  “You smell really good.”

Sohyun giggled, “Thank you Kai.”  She wrapped her arms around his neck and whispered in his left ear, “You’re mine forever.”

2 hours later

“Excuse me, may I cut in?” Suzy asked as she taps Sohyun by her left shoulder.

Sohyun gave her a confused look, “Excuse me?”

“I want to dance with Kai,” Suzy explained as she gives him a y smile.

Kai scoffs, “I don’t think so.  Go back to your date.”

“But…” Suzy trails off.

Youngjae tapped Kai by his right shoulder and asked, “May I cut in?”

Kai gave him the evil eye, “In your dreams.  Get lost.”

Youngjae scoffs, “I don’t think so.  How about it Sohyun?  May I have dance with you?”

Sohyun bows her head at him and replied, “I’m very sorry Youngjae.”

Youngjae nodded his head, “It’s okay…I understand.  By the way, you look very pretty tonight.  You should wear make-up more often…it suits you.”

Sohyun blushed, “Thank you.”

“Since you won’t dance with me, I’ll see you in class on Monday,” Suzy said as she winks at him.

Sohyun could feel jealousy slowly kicking in as she mumbles, “.”

Kai chuckled, “Did I just hear you say the B word?”

Sohyun giggles, “I didn’t say it out loud did I?”

“Only loud enough for me to hear it.  Are you jealous?”

“Well…yeah!  You’re my boyfriend.  I don’t want other girls to be checking you out.  How would you like it if other guys were checking me out?”

Kai kissed her forehead and replied, “I would kill them with my bare hands.”

Sohyun rolls her eyes at him, “Yeah right.”

“You don't believe me?  I almost punched Youngjae in the face for calling you pretty.  No one is allowed to call you pretty expect for me.”

“Who is the jealous one now?” Sohyun teased.

“Whatever,” Kai said as he kissed her softly on her lips.

“Is there something wrong?” Niel asked as he pulls Krystal closer to him as they were dancing.

“Niel…do you really think Sohyun looks pretty tonight?” Krystal asked as she stares over at her ex-best friend dancing in Kai’s arms.

Niel nodded his head yes, “The Sohyun that I knew would never wear make-up or wear a dress.  She looks very different tonight…in a good way.”

Krystal scoffs, “Does she look prettier than me?”

“Of course not!  In my eyes, you are the prettiest,” Niel quickly replied. 

“Why did you reject Sohyun 4 years ago when she confessed her feelings to you?” Krystal suddenly asked.

“She’s not my type,” Niel replied.  “Why are we talking about her?”

“She has never stopped liking you…even after you rejected her…you know that right?”

Niel looked surprised, “Really?”

Krystal nodded her head yes, “I think she still has feelings for you.”

“What makes you so sure?  She looks pretty happy with Kai right now.  Besides, can we not talk about her?  Let’s talk about you and me.  I have liked you for a very long time and I was wondering if you will be my girlfriend?” Niel shyly asked as he stares into her shiny eyes.  I hope she says yes!

“Oh…um…Niel…you’re a nice guy and everything, but I only like you as a friend…nothing more,” Krystal replied as she looks away from him.

Niel’s face fell with disappointment as he mutters, “Oh…I see.”

“Look, I’m really sorry,” Krystal said still not looking at him.

“What is it that I lack in that you don’t see me as a man?”

“You don’t lack in anything Niel.  I just don’t feel any sparks whenever I’m with you. “

“Kiss me,” Niel demanded.

“What?” Krystal cried as she gives him a weird look.

“If you kiss me, you might feel some sparks between us.”

Krystal scoffs, “I’m sorry Niel.  I’m not going to kiss you.  I already know that I don’t like you in that kind of way.”

“Who is it that you like then?”

“You really want to know?”

“Yes, please tell me because I want to know who I’ll be competing with.  I have the looks, the brains, the money, etc…No one else is better than me,” Niel bragged.

“You have everything that I don’t want in a guy Niel.  You’re no match to this guy at all,” Krystal shot back.

“Who is he?”

Krystal smirks at him as she replies, “Kim Jong In.”

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hello my dear readers!  What did you think of this chapter?  Please comment!