Kim KiBum (Key)

Law and Order

Suspect#2 Kim KiBum 김 기범 (키)

I Jot down some notes about what Tiffany said on notepad while BoA's off by the wndow in deep thought.

"What are you thinking about Kwon?" I ask still jotting down notes.

"Just, if one of these kids do confess, I don't know if I could lock them up. They all seem so broken."

"I know what you mean Kwon. That's why I normally try to abstain away from cases like this. They're so sad. I feel much more comfortable putting away a bank robber than arresting some poor kid. But I had to realize: crime is crim. No Matter wha_" I was interupted bu a nock on the door.

I go and open it, and it was the sad, tired looking orange haird boy from earlier.

"Annyounghaseyo Officer Lee and Officer Kwon," he says slowly bowing ninety degrees. His voice sounded as if it hurt to talk.

"Anyoung Mr. Kim," I say letting him in the door.

"Sit anywhere you're comfortable," said BoA. KiBum sat in the spinny chair at the teachers desk, I sat right infront of him.

"So, Tiffany tells me you had a crush on JooHyun?" I say.

"Unnie! You can't just say that!" Snapped BoA.

"It's okay Officer Kwon," said KiBum. "My crush on SeoHyun was no secret." He spun in the chair a bit more. "I told her once and she admited to having some feelings for me as well. I had been pacing myself on asking her out on a date for a long time and planned on asking her either this week or the next.

"Yesterday morning I was at my locker talking to TaeMin,"

"Who is TaeMin?" I ask curious.

"My best friend," he replied stone faced. "I was telling him how exited I was for the talent show, and looking for him to be my wingman when I asked out SeoHyun. I was real hyped!

"I signed up for the talent show while we were talking but walked to my locker eventually. I was trying to convince him to join me in performing in the talent show. TaeMin's the best dancer I know. But of course he said no. TaeMin's a real shy and quiet person. I begged him one more time but no cigar."

"So where does SeoHyun play in this day?" ask BoA.

KiBum's face went sad. "I was going to finally talk to SeoHyun after school, but I saw her my cousin Fany bickering and I decided now wasn't a good time."

"Where did you see them bickering?" I ask crossing my legs the other way.

"The school yard outside, they were about to walk to YoonA's or HyoYeon's I think. But then TaeMin came up to me and said he wanted to go see the soccer game. He has a friend he's real close with on the team, Choi MinHo, so I went to the game with TaeMin in the hopes of maybe today would turn out better."

"Where did you go after the game?" I ask more content.

"I rode the bus with TaeMin. Well right after the game him and MinHo talked and talked, they won of course. But me and TaeMin always take the bus together because we live along the same way."

"Do you live near a girl named YoonA?" BoA asked. Good question BoA!

"Aniyo. TaeMin and I live outside of Gangnam." He replies simply. "We live more Buam Dong."

BoA checks her files. "It appears he's telling the truth about where he lives." she nods.

"I have no reason to lie Ajumma's." He said simply.

"We have to make sure," said BoA. "Kibum, Tiffany and SeoHyun were bickering because SeoHyun had a boyfriend, and Tiffany got made because it wasn't you..." BoA's scentence faded off at the end. She looked down.

Kibum's eyes pooled with tears, but he sniffed holding them back.

"BoA!" I say.

"He deserves to know Unnie," she said.

"It's okay, really. Thanks for telling me. Who was he exactly..?"

BoA looked a little scared. Kibum noticed. "I'm not going to hold any grudges. Promise."

"Um, a guy by the name of SeunGri." she said.

KiBum nodded. "Should have known. He was alwys liked her." He placed his hands in his lap and stared down.

"I'm sorry," said BoA. When KiBum looked up, tears were running down his cheeks.

"Do you want a hug?" she asked. KiBum shook his head.

"Nope, I'm fine." I hate seeing people cry. This is going to be a long day.

"KiBum," I say once he regained. "Can you help me out with something?"

He nods.

"Give me the name of your friend please," I said.

"Lee TaeMin, although I know he didn't do it."

"Komawow KiBum. Do you want to leave or do want to stay for a bit longer and collect your feelings?" BoA questions with true feelings.

"No, it's okay I'm fine. Anyoung BoA-ssi and Hyori-ssi." he bows and I give him one last hug before he steps out.