Sorry

Not too late

long chapter. Enjoy. 

--------------------------------------------------------------

 -Minyoung's POV-

Oppas words... wow. I was loss at words. I didn't even know what to reply. Even if I were to fix it, how? I don't think I have the courage to do it, to even face him. After I slapped him and after everything I've said. I was even the first one to start all of this mess. I'd be embarrasing myself infront of him. I don't know if I should wait or go back to him eventhough I desperately miss him. What should I do.....

"Oppa?"

"Mmm?"

"What did you do when you had these rough times with unnie?"

"Well, I had to think alot first, Then afterwards I'd usually be the first one to approach her, even if I was the one who started it. I just loved her so much no matter how mad I could be, I had the urge to not let her go or even stay in silent treatment. Sometimes I'd just leave it aside for awhile but then after that I'd get back to my senses and think of a way to solve it."

"Oppa is amazing. Unnie is so grateful to have an amazing husband like you." 

"Well you might be in the same position as she is one day."

"How do you know that? What if I end up as a single woman forever?"

"I don't think a pretty girl like you would be single at all times, could you. Even the hottest guys wouldn't be able to resist to ask you out." emphasizing the word 'you'. I lightly slapped his stomach, pulled out from the hug and made a face.

"Whatever I'm going." I sarcastically said. I wiped my now dry tears and turned my back at him, still sitting down.

"Yah yah I was just kidding, calm down." he held onto my wrist.

"I'm just kidding too." "Ey you naughty girl." I slapped his fingers that were poking my cheeks. 

My brother is the best. Do I even remember on what I have done to him to act like this? Yikes. Better not go to anymore of extreme thinking. I glanced at my watch; It was only 8:50am. I still have time to spare. I looked around and saw two little kids running around nearby. It was a little girl and boy, playing tag. Wow, how much they remind me of those times. I didn't even notice that I was smiling at their childishness. 

"You're it Dongmi-ah!" "Oh you're going to get it Seongmin!" 

They came nearer to us and the girl, I assume that her name was Seongmin, fell on her knees. I was about to get up from my seat and go up to her when....

"Seongmin-ah! Are you ok?!" "I'm fine! See? hehe~"

"No you're not! Your knees are bleeding!"

"Don't worry it's only a little!"

"Aww they're both so cute. I wonder if they'll both end up together kekeke~" I whispered to oppa and he nodded while grinning, still staring at them. Then I remembered I always had carried around a pack of bandages for minor aid purposes. 

"Are you ok? Come here let me help you." I led her to the bench and sat down with her, then bandaged both her knees. "Thank you!" she said happily and bowed. 

"Aigoo you're so cute! Be careful ok? And I want to ask..... Is he your boyfriend?" I pointed at that boy named Dongmin, wriggling my eyebrows while oppa chuckled at my sillyness.

"N-no unnie! He's my bestfriend!" she said smiling while waving her hands as a sign for 'no'. 

"Hehe. Arraseo, have fun ok! Stay with your friend at all times ok? I know that he'll protect you." I said as I giggled.

"Arraseo unnie!" "Oh and before you go, let's be friends. My name is Minyoung. And your name is?"

"Seongmin imnida!"

"Wah what a pretty name! Alright you better get going, I don't want your friend to wait too long for you."

"Its ok unnie. I'll get going then. Anyeong!"

"Anyeong! Be careful ok kids!" "Ne!" they yelled back. I felt really happy seeing those 2 kids together, so sweet and cute. Just like how... No Minyoung snap out of it. You can think about it later.

-Author's POV- 

"Wahh that made me feel better. I think I've sat for too long now. Let's walk again!" she said happily as she skipped down the hill. "Yah wait for me!" he giggled as he rushed down beside her.

They both chatted about random things and never once more went back to the sad topic they had discussed about earlier on. Minyoung glanced at her watch then gasped. It was already 9.10am. "Omo I better get going! Anyeong oppa! See you when I see you! hehehe"

"Want me to give you a lift?" "It's fine I'll take the cab, you go ahead. Thanks anyway, Bye oppa!"

"Anyeong my baby sister!" he yelled while waving.

 

He dusted his hands and straightened his back. "Done." he mumbled. All of a sudden he heard a growling noise; it came from his stomach. He hadn't eaten breakfast yet. It was already past 9. "Calm down, I'll cook now." he said as he patted his stomach.

He set the light meal he had cooked on the table and tasted it. He tilted and scratched his head. "Why does it taste so weird?" He took another spoonful of side dishes with rice and shoved them in his mouth, which nearly made him choke. 

"Aish I'll just eat out." He said as he drank water.

Apparently, Yongguk only had plans starting from 11, where he had to meet up with B.A.P again and do all sorts of things he had to do like a celebrity. 

-Yongguk's POV-

That's strange. My food has never tasted this weird before. Oh well. Creepy food even made me nearly choke. Wow. Hahaha. I changed into a casual set of clothing and set foot out of the apartment. While walking slowly down the stairs, I  had flashbacks of what had happened the day before. My heart felt like it was being suffocated. I then had flashbacks of us when we were so happy together, laughing and hugging.

When I reached gound floor, I stared at the spot where we had fought yesterday; remembering everything. How it all had happened so fast, if only I could just rewind the time and somehow change everything they way it was before. Maybe I shouldn't have chosen to become a rapper. I should've stayed with her, and yet I still did chose to follow my dream. And look where I am, feeling guilty all over because the one I had loved went away from me. All because of me.

I wanted to relax and spend time to myself so I went to a restaurant that was only 10mins away from home, using the bus. Food Paradise. Yum, my favorite. I'll order my all-time favorite, Spicy ramen with steamed fish and vegetables plus a cup of warm green tea. 

I sat at the table near the window and looked through it, admiring the beautiful nature outside. After 8mins my food has finally arrived. While eating, I still remember that time when she and I ate here together, feeding each other and stealing our side dishes. How I miss that..... Then I thought, will I still be able to survive without her? I still love and want her but, what if she does't come back to me? I don't know.

Wah delicious food satisfied my angry tummy. I still remember how we used to fight before, but that was minor. This was the worst. When I read 'Goodbye' on her note, I felt like my heart had broken to millions of pieces. We were always praised by so many people, envious that we had such a loyal relationship.

What did I do to deserve this? I shouldn't have neglected her. I shouldn't have not come for our date even if I was busy. Should I apologize? But I respect her... I'll let her decide her decision. I'm still sorry Minyoung-ah. Come back? I don't want us to end like this.. I'm really sorry...

-Flashback-

"Bang Yongguk and Lee Minyoung! What were you both doing running down the hall at this time? Shouldn't you be at class?" the teacher yelled at us. I guess the girl beside me flinched. Pfft, scaredy cat.

"Yes sir but this boy here took my books and ran off! I had to chase after him for my books back-"

"Is this true Bang Yongguk-sshi?" "Nope. We were playing around."

"No-" "Just as I thought. Punishment for the both of you! Mop the gym floor sparkly clean! I'll come to check in 2 hours. Now go!" "But-" "No buts miss Minyoung! Off you go now!" No use kitty cat. Teachers here are tough.

I didn't like being with her. She's annoyed everytime I . Whenever I'd she'd insult me and I'd get mad. Tsk, I hate her. "Did you have to be that immature Mr. Yongguk?" well look who's talking.

"Oops, I didn't mean to make the scaredy cat mad." "Scaredy... What?! Aish Bang Yong- oh nevermind." "Yah wait for me!"

This cat is always grumpy. Tsk, weird girl. I guess cleaning the gym woulnd't be so hard, I'm used to this anyway. "Yah grumpy cat, talk will you? Its kind of boring here." "Can you stop calling me that?!"

"What will you do if I don't?" "This" she shoved her mop behind my knee which nearly made me fall. "YAH!" you just messed with the wrong person.

"Come here you coward cat!" "Try me you slow poke!"

All of a sudden she slipped with her back on the floor and I was struggling to not fall while running on the wet surface when I actually did. But I didn't all on the ground... I felt something- Oh no. WHAT?! What am I doing on top of her?! And...... Why is my heart beating so fast?! Then I realized. I was.... no... No.... NOO! It can't be! 

...My first kiss had been taken by my enemy?!

She pushed me off her and she looked like she was as red as a tomato. Then she slowly ran outside, making sure she wouldn't fall again. Is this a dream? -pinches self- Ouch. I can't believe it. My own eyes. And my heart... it was still beating crazily. I don't know if this is the feeling of embarassment or 'that' feeling- what am I thinking?! I should wash my mouth!

My mind was going crazy. How could this happen?! Was this a punishment from the gods? I've dated before but I've never pecked anyones lips... I know I'm a coward.  A huge coward.

When I went back home, I couldn't stop thinking about what had happened even though if I tried. The next day, I saw her in class, chatting and laughing with her friends. Wow, her smile..- WHAT ARE YOU THINKING BANG YONGGUK ARE YOU CRAZY SHE'S YOUR ENEMY. Aish whatever Yongguk just go to sleep or something.

Weeks and months had passed and ever since that day we never talked to each other. There's also this weird feeling that keeps growing in me whenever I see her since that day. My heart beats even faster than usual. There were times where we would walk past each other and she'd just ignore me as if I was invisible. I felt like I should greet her but the way how she reacted made me feel....hurt.

Then it was the week before prom, which is starting on Wednesday to be precise. Oh no, oh no what should I do? Should I ask her out to the prom? 

"Yah hyung take it easy, I can help you with this." wait who wa- oh it's just Himchan. "What? How?" 

"Hmmm... I'll figure it out. Ah! I got it!" "Oh boy here comes your wild ideas again. I have a bad idea about this." "Oh don't worry, this wouldn't hurt at all. Just meet me at the rooftop after school. Don't be late!" "Fine, whatever." "That's my big baby." "What the. Ew." I glared at him and made a face. Who is he to call me a baby? He's not my mom. Gross, I wonder how I even became attached to him. 

School finally ended. Great, it felt like hell. Everyday was. So boring. I wanna go home and sleep. Oh wait, -facepalm- I have to meet Himchan. Seriously? At a time like this when I can sleep. -sigh- Oh well. 

Well the rooftop is still empty. He asked me not to come late and yet he's the one who's late. What a waste of time. 1...2...3...4...9... IT HAS BEEN 10 MINUTES. What is taking him so long?! Is he trying to fool around with me? What a waste of time. I sho- oh.... WHAT, wait, what is she doing here? Good thing I stood at the back of the door so now she can't see me. I should give it  a shot. You can do this Bang Yongguk. 

"Wahh~" she spread her arms out as she inhaled and exhaled. "Beautiful view we have here don't we?" why is she so suprised? haha cute.

"W-What are you doing here?!" "Just waiting to meet a friend. How about you?"

"O-oh, same. Meeting a friend here too." I nodded. After that there was silence.... I  could feel the tension between us. "Hey, heard about the prom next week?" Why did I ask such a stupid question *mentally facepalms self* "Yeah..." I nodded again. This is it Bang Yongguk. Don't be afraid to ask. Even if she rejects or not, just be strong. 

"Can I ask you something?".....s-she? asking me? "Sure."

"....Can you be my date for the prom?" Did I just hear wrong? Am I hearing things? Is this not a dream? But, why is she asking me? 

"Why are you asking me to the dance? Didn't someone atleast asked you to the prom?" Oops, wrong question, she didn't reply to me immediately. 

"Well, a guy did ask me but then he took back what he said just to go for another girl. I don't have much guy friends besides you so... yeah." how dare they?! Those jerks. I wanted to punch a wall. 

"I see. Well, I've just gotten myself a date a few seconds ago so.... yeah."  Wow I'd like to see her reaction on her face. I wanted to smile so badly but I should act cool.

"Oh....." I assumed she was thinking what I meant. Haha silly girl, teasing you is fun. I want to pinch your cheeks~  "Wait, what did you say? Did you just say a you got a date few seconds ago?" uh oh, she got me. *smirks* "You're not saying that, that d-date is me right? It's someone else right?" silly girl, I told you I was waiting here and I was here with no one except for you.

"Yeah, someone that has a Min and Young in her name. She's too slow to even realize." Did she just smile? Oh wow she is smiling. It's her eye smile again. Oh wait, she frowned after that, why? Isn't she supposed to be happy?

"Hey are you ok?"

"Oh, yeah I am! See! hehe. Um, thanks Yongguk. I didn't want to go for the prom but my friend, who I'm waiting for at the moment, insisted me on going or else she'd threaten me if I didn't. The threat was the worst I've gotten so I had no choice.... And look, if you still hate me you don't have to say yes. I don't want to be tricked by you.."

"No! No! It's not that! I'd want to go with you! I-I mean! I'm not trying to trick you. Don't worry. I want to go for the prom but I don't have a date so yeah." oh no what did I just say. Ah this is so embarrasing I hope she doesn't know. 

"Ah ok, thanks again. Oh and hey, I thought we were enemies. What happened to us? Hmm.. why not start this over? I'm Minyoung." wow I never knew she was this friendly. I shook her hand, in acceptance that we've agreed to be friends from now on.

"I'm Yongguk." we both laughed.

"And, I'm sorry.."

"For? Ah It's ok, let's just forget about that." and she flashed a smile at me, again. Aish I'm going crazy right now. 

A few more minutes had passed and our friends, haven't came yet. I was beginning to get suspicious of them. Hold on, what if..... Himchan set this up? Did he? Oh and don't tell me he... "Hey Minyoung, who's that friend of yours you're waiting for?"

"Um, she's a sunbaenim. Her name is Kim Heong Jin. Do you know her?" ..oh Himchan you're so going to get it.

"Oh her? Yeah kind of.." she nodded. I can't believe he asked his sister to threaten her. Tsk.

"Hey, let's just go back home. I don't think they'll turn up by now since it's 1:20pm and who would want to come back to school at this time?" "But what if they do turn up?"

"Don't worry, my predictions are always correct. Now let's go."

"But-" "Ah ah ah, let's go." I pushed her to the door and we walked back home together. That, was the greatest day ever.

It was finally the day of prom. I had to pick her up at 6pm and prom starts at 7:30pm. I wore the white tux I bought and went to fetch her.

Damn, her house was huge. I rang the door bell 2 times, waiting patiently outside. "Hold on for a sec! Coming!" I heard the sound of heels and- "Hi Yongguk! Ready?"

Woah! I couldn't believe my eyes! I thought I was seeing hallucinations! She looked really...... stunning. Like a princess. Knee-length soft pink dress with peach pumps plus her dark brown loose curls.  

"Helloo? Earth to Yongguk?" "Huh? Oh oh sorry, let's get going. Ladies first." I stepped aside, gesturing my hand like a gentleman, to the direction of the car. Then I opened the door for her.

"Thank you, Yongguk-sshi." this is a bit weird. I should make it abit fun. "Yes, milady." hehehe, she chuckled. Success.

We arrived at the venue. The school hall was filled with people in tux and dresses. It was like a river of flowers. "Wow, this is amazing. My first prom."

"First? You're previous school didn't organize these type of events?"

"Unfortunately not. I guess they just didn't like how relationships could be exposed easily, like how some people show it in prom."

"Well, you're going to enjoy this night. I assure you, today will be a great day you won't ever forget."

"Oh really? How do you know?" "Predictions."

"Right, psychic wannabe." "Oh we'll see alright." -smirk- Yes, today is the perfect day to confess. I just hope the right time will come. Which then I knew, it was dacing time.

"Wanna give it a shot?" "Hmm? No.. sorry. I feel shy..."

"Ey you don't have to be shy but it's fine, I'm not forcing you. Come, let's get some fresh air outside." breathe in and breathe out, inhale and exhale. Don't be nervous, you've done this many times Yongguk.

"Ah the fresh air here, brrr." oh, don't worry, I'll lend you my blazer.

"Oh you didn't hav-"

"It's fine."

"Thanks, again. But Yongguk.... why are you being so.. kind to me all of a sudden?" How can you not know? Silly~

"Hmm... because this is not real. I'm teasing you again. And now, I'm gonna leave you alone."

"R-really?.." is she really that gullible?

"No I'm not, if I did then I should've left you alone at the prom. And, are you okay? You don't seem like yourself anymore." she didn't insult me like she used to whenever I .

"Ah, it's nothing." I know she's lying, she's faking a smile. But I should respect her. I won't probe any furthur for you, Minyoung-ah.

"Minyoung,"

"Yes?" "I wanna say something to you."

"Ok, what is it?"

"See, ever since the day I first met you, I thought teasing you would be fun. Well not only you, I like to tease a lot of freshmen in my class. I don't know why I've been so attached to teasing you ever since. Then until that day, when we had that 'accident', I started to fall for you and notice how a really kind and sweet hearted girl you were. What I'm trying to say right now, is that........ S-saranghae, Minyoung." now, act fast Yongguk. I took her hand, leaned in closer, tilted her head up, and... kissed her. I think we stayed there for... 10secs? Then we released for air and.... s-she kissed me again?! Am I dreaming again?

"Nado oppa. -grin-" stop it heart, you might explode. I look into her eyes, they do fill with love. How can I not know... Then we both hugged. It felt like I was in heaven for a moment. I got the one who I've loved. Hold on a second, why do I feel... Oh no it's raining! I held her hand and took her to the nearest shelter. "Aish why did it have to rain now?"

"It's ok oppa, it looks nice. Let's just stay here and watch the rain." hehe she's leaning on my shoulder. This is a wonderful moment. I won't ever forget this day. I love you Minyoung, 

-End of Flashback-

-Minyoung's POV-

I still remember it clearly. There we were, leaning on his shoulder. I still remember the part where I had to chase after Heongjin unnie for taking a snapshot of us before she could post it on facebook, which I eventually failed to do so and.... the whole school knew just the next day. Those were 4 years ago. Hahaha, memories.

My family had always told me to think before doing my actions. I've always been careless about that and look at what I've done. The most dumb decision on the whole planet. But even if I tried to stay patient enough to wait for him, to try bare those times whenever he just went up to random girls and hug them, I couldn't anymore. I was just so mad. No, I didn't have my period on that day. Lucky me, if I did have it, that day might've gotten worst.

"Hello missy?" woops I must've been day dreaming. "Sorry si-.." oh it's that guy again... "Oh sorry sir, what would you like to order?" 

"I'd like to have a frappucino, a cookies 'n' cream milkshake and 2 bowls of banana split icecream please." "That will be $24.80 please."

"Thank you. Your order will arrive in a moment. Have a nice day."

"Say... where is that boyfriend of yours? I thought he usually visits here for awhile. Did you guys break up?" w-what? why does he even care? This guy is getting on my nerves.

"No. Do you have anything else to order? If not, then please step aside, there are customers waiting." "Oh you don't want to get mad at me or else you'd get fired would you? -smirks-" ugh this .

"Sorry sir. Is there anything else that you need?" as polite as I can.

I can't believe I'm even working here. I started to work just to earn money for myself, I wanted to be independent. My application from the other company I applied to hasn't replied to me yet. And I'm here, waiting patiently for an answer from them, ever since I last submitted that form, 7 months ago. I wonder what is taking so long. My family is wealthy but my parents died because of a sudden bankruptcy in their business.The money we had left, which came from our parents savings account, was enough to afford a big mansion, and feed 4 families. 

Even though it was enough, I decided to earn my own money and let my brother use that money for his family.

"Can I order you, to go to that table and have a chitchat with us?" Nope, I would never. *sigh*

"Well, uh, unless you want to get fired then you don-" "No no! Ok I will!" too bad for me.  I love this cafe as much as my mom does.

"Good. Come by in 20 minutes. We'll be waiting." "Alright, sir." why does he even ask me to call him sir? Can't I call by his own name? He's not the boss of this place. Pfft. Well... yet. Aish.

-Author's POV-

"Over here Minyoung!" he waved to her, gesturing to come to their table. "Whatever." she whispered softly.

"Well, if it isn't the lover boys girl. Nice meeting you again." his friend took out a hand, but she just gave a fake smile.

"So Minyoung.... Where's your lover boy?" "He's busy." she replied coldly.

"Oh really? Well if he's busy, he wouldn't mind if I went out somewhere with his girl would he?" he or, 'sir' smirked.

"I don't want to go. And I still have work. So if you don't have anything else to say, please excuse me." she was getting really furious, asking herself how can the son of the owner of the beautiful cafe be the playboy type. Before she could flee, he had grabbed her wrist, and dragging her out of the cafe; his friend following behind him.

"What are you doing?! Let me go!" she tugged and tugged on his hand, but again he wouldn't let go. 

"I want to bring you somewhere, Minyoung. Let's g- ugh what the!" his mouth was bleeding. Yongguk had punched him really hard. "Donghae!" she gasped. "Ugh!" Donghae's friend punched him back on his behalf. Minyoung felt like someone had punched her heart.

"Oppa! Stop it Haekkyung!" she yelled, seperating them both while Yongguk spit blood and wiped his mouth.

"It's ok Haekkyung-ah. You don't have to punch him." Donghae said calmly as he stood up.  "I warned you remember? You've just made it worst. Good job, Bang Yongguk. Now, I'll give your girl a prize. She's fired. Buh-bye." he mockingly waved at her.

"Donghae! Donghae please, please forgive him he didn't mean it! I love this place and I had so many memories here, you can't do this to me! Please Donghae!" she gasped as she clutched on his arm, begging and crying helplessly.

"That was the last chance. You both are now banned from this place. Goodbye." he smirked, pushing her away and going into the cafe with his friend following behind, glaring at Yongguk.

"No Donghae! No! Please! Please I'll do anything for you! I can't leave this cafe! You can't ban me! Please! Please...." she cried, as she bangged on the door continuously till she gave up and slid down to the floor. "Umma, this place.... No...." she weeped.

"Jagi..."

"Shut up. Don't talk to me."  she said in a monotone voice, while sobbing.

"Look I'm sorry I-" 

"Go away. GO AWAY!" she shouted. She was so mad, she couldn't think of anything else but her mother and work.

Yongguk wanted to continue and apologize, but he knew she'd just shoo him off. He didn't say anything but just stood there, frustrated.

"Which part of 'go away' do you not understand? Go! I don't want to see you ever again! GO!" once again, she said it without thinking.

"Fine. If that's what you want, then I'll leave." his tears formed in his eyes, as he walked away. And she continued to cry even louder.

Minutes later, a sign was hung up on the door saying :-

Vacancy available!

Hiring waitress and cashier!

"No.... no....." she sobbed as she hit the door lightly.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I can't, I can't, it would get too long if I continued. *sigh* I hope the next chapter would be the last chapter. I know it took me forever to update. I didn't have motivation to write..... But I still didn't give up. 

YG: Good job authornim. woowoo!

Yeaah, my writing isn't that good. ;_;

YG: Naww don't say that, at least you tried your best. *chuckles*

Hmph. *pouts and puffs cheeks*

YG: *pokes cheeks*