Running Away

Not too late

EDITED starting from the blue line ----.

 

"Let go of me!" Minyoung shouted. She had enough of this. She couldn't wait any longer. She tried shaking off from his grip but to no avail, he's too strong for her.

 

 

He had always came back home late, often drunk. He had practices, performances, shows, many more to attend to, he was full on schedule. Ever since she moved in with him, she always insisted him on coming back earlier to spend more time with her, but he had failed to do so. He was stressed ever since the day she started to flare at him. He couldn't take it, he had to drink at times. Every usual day, they would have fights like this. He knew that she was too impatient, too selfish, too stubborn, but what could he do? He loved her.

But today was a different day. Unlike every usual day, today was intense. Eventhough he had came back home at usual late night, it wasn't as normal as before. He came back, sober, but scented with alcohol. The lights were on like usual, but the house was full of silence. It was odd of the place to be quiet; not that it has never been this quiet before, but it was rare to happen at this time. He had thought she had been sleeping. Without any worries, he slung off his bag onto the floor and went to the kitchen.

A door creaked open. It was coming from his- no, their room. She came out, casually dressed with simple shirt and 3/4 shorts, hair tied up neatly. He was pouring himself a cup of water, his back facing her. She looked at his direction, feeling guilty, sad and hurt. She then walked back to their room and took her packed bag; with her necessary needs for the weekends before she leaves Seoul. She went to the kitchen and left a note on the dining table, after that slowly left the place.

 

He heard a door closing. He turned his back and looked around; and spotted the note on the table.

 

"Hey, I hope you don't mind. Find someone else better than me, you deserve better. Hope you'll have a great future! Sorry for everything. Goodbye Yongguk-sshi."

 

His hands started trembling. Crumpling the paper, he slammed the cup on the table causing water to splash all  around the table. He went out and ran halfway down the stairs when he saw a figure. He stopped his tracks as so did the figure. He scanned the figure, crouching everysecond just to take a view of who she was. She didn't look back and ran off down the stairs. He rushed down with her until they reached round level.

He was way faster than her, so he caught her arm; she struggled to release his grip from her. "Let go."  she said coldly. "No." "WHAT?! Wait you, I asked you to-" "No," "Bang Yongguk will you please let me continue!" she yelled, getting frustrated. He kept quiet. "Let me go." she demanded. "Let go of me!" Minji shouted. She had enough of this. She was just too impatient. She tried shaking off from his grip but to no avail, he was too strong for her. "Look, If you won't let me go, I'll call my bodyguards to kidnap me home." "Think again. Do you have your phone?" he questioned. *Oh no.* she thought. She searched her pockets; and there it was.... a slightly big rip in her right pocket. She facepalmed herself. Her phone had dropped unknowingly on the staircase while she was running down and lucky for her it wasn't damaged since Yongguk had almost accidentally smashed her phone since it had the same grey color as the staircase.

He smirked mentally to himself upon seeing her facepalm. *How cute.*

"Whatever I'll just go."

"No."

"Don't you think you've neglected me long enough? Haven't you've had enough with a person who nags you all the time to come back home early when you don't?! Face it Youngguk. I can't stand it anymore. I-"

"I haven't been neglecting you! I've just been really busy with schedules! Why can't you understand?"

" What?! Why can't I understand? Understand?! Haven't i understood enough?! What were you doing when we were supposed to go on our date on valentines day, flirting with girls weren't you?!"

"They are our fans and I'm just treating them good because they appreciate our hard work! Why are you so jealous? And didn't I already apologize to you?"

"Apology unaccepted. Let me go now!" she grunted, pulling his arm away to free from his grip. He was holding on too firmly, and she didn't give up but started to hit his arm.

"Won't change a thing by hitting. Try again."

"Yongguk please LET ME GO! I don't want to sta-"

"N-" before he could even finish his sentence, she had already slapped him.

"Look lets just settle this togeth-"

"I don't want to suffer anymore Yongguk. Besides you don't need me at all. You look so happy and lively with B.A.P and whenever you're with those girls, but when you're with me you have to endure this whole arguement. I'm sorry. I should've left from-" 

"What are you talking about?! Don't you think I suffer too?! I can't stand seeing you work at that cafe because those guys who frequently come can't take their eyes off you! And you know why I can't simply flare at people anymore! They'll fire you and I can't let that happen! You know it hurts me everytime seeing you-" he paused for a while. "no wait. I'm wrong. I'm the one who you should put the blame on. You're not wrong. But I know you won't give in that easily. But I'm really sorry. I...I really am." he hesitated, backhugging her as his tears started to fall. Its true, she didn't want to get fired from her favorite working place either.

Minyoung fought back her tears, blinking hard. "You're lying aren't you? I shouldn't have been here in the first place."

"Do I look like I'm lying?! Don't look down on yourself Minyoung. I love you. Lets stop fighting." he slightly yelled as he calmed down, hugging her waist a little tighter and snuggling his face into her hair, inhaling her sweet scent. 

There was a moment of silence. It wasn't awkward at all but the atmosphere was pretty intense. Even after fighting back hard of her tears, after hearing what Yongguk said, she couldn't help but let it fall out. Cutting off the silence, "but I'm letting you go now. I know I've always been doing the wrong. I shouldn't have neglected you. I shouldn't have asked you out when all this was going to happen. I was just going to waste your time. I'm sorry. But please don't leave me. I....I need you. Come back?..." he hesitated, sobbing through a few words. She cried even harder but muffled her sobs with her right hand and refrained from crying to loud. She wiped her tears away and removed his hands from her waist.

"That... we'll see what happens. Fate will do its job. I'm sorry Yongguk." she sniffed as her tears continued to fall. 

"I respect you. Whether I see you or not, Goodbye." He sniffed as his tears still continued to pour out. He took a step back, and another step, and slowly turned his back at Minyoung, facing the staircase and slowly walked to it and went up. Her heart felt like a million of arrows were being shot at it. She didn't want to look back, she might've changed her mind again. She slowly walked her way to the bus stop.

No one was waiting at the bus stop. She went to the wall behind the bus stop, leaned on it and slid down to the floor, sobbing.

Slowly, he went up the staircase while tearing. When he went into his apartment, he closed the door, leaned on it and slid down to the floor.

"What have I done to cause this. It's my fault,"

"I'm sorry baby." "I'm sorry oppa." 

"Saranghae"

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

(Continuation)  [I've thinking about it alot lately and I have no choice but to cut scenes from the next chapter. It was getting too long. Hope you guys read this update.] ↓↓↓

 

He woke up, his head throbbing with pain and dizziness; leaning on the wall beside the door with an empty bottle of beer in his hands. He was waiting for her the whole night. "Minyoung-ah why is the place so- oh right.." he mumbled to himself, seeing the mess in the living room. Pillows and books were scattered on the floor, a number of empty bottles placed around the apartment and it seemed that a few were smashed. He went back up on his feet and decided to take a shower first before cleaning up the mess, as he shook off the thought of having a flashback when she left him.

 

She stayed at a hotel that was far away from his apartment, some place where he couldn't find her. She woke up, tossing and turning around her bed sleepily, sun shining brightly out of the windows. She squinted and faced the other side, and snuggled herself to fall asleep again but she just couldn't. She sat up and ruffled her hair, starting to get frustrated. "Still too early.. wonder what I should do." she mumbled to herself as she glanced at her alarm clock. It was 8am and her shift only starts at 10am. After taking a fresh bath and dressed in a pretty outfit, she decided to call her brother.

"Yeoboseyo?"

"Oppa! Annyeong!" she said with a grin.

"Oh! Annyeong Minyoung-ah! Why did you call me? Is something wrong?" he asked fully concerned.

"Aniya, I just missed you. Hey wanna meet at my favorite place again?"

"Ahh arraseo. Sure, I only have work in the afternoon for today."

"Lucky, I still have work later so... meet in 45 mins?"

"Alright, see you later!"

"Arraseo, anyeong!" she said happily as she hung up. She knew her brother wasn't in Seoul and it took time to reach there from her hometown, Busan. She fiddled around with her phone for a while. The phone that Yongguk had returned to her somewhere in the middle of their argument. She shook off from the thought and prepared to leave her room.

It only took 20 minutes to reach to that favorite place of hers. When she arrived, she inhaled the fresh air and the smell of nature. The breeze past her brushing against her skin as the sun shined brightly. "Wah peaceful as always. Perfect." she smiled. That favorite placed of hers was non other than a forest that went up a hill near a park. It wasn't just an ordinary forest, it had a path for people to walk up and enjoy the beautiful scenery. It wasn't that well known so there weren't as many people whenever she visited that forest which made it much more quite and peaceful. She waited for her brother, sitting on the bench as she spotted couples and families together. She remembered those times when she was with Yongguk. Clinging onto his arm, walking slowly together cherishing the moment while smiling and giggling. Sometimes they'd be playing tag like little kids. She sighed at the thought, smiling then frowning, looking down at her feet.

"Well you arrived early today. Very gentleman indeed." she said jokingly, standing up. He had arrived 5 mins earlier since he was driving and traffic wasn't bad at all. 

"I wouldn't want my little sister to keep waiting, she'd get furious wouldn't she?"

"Oh I don't know, maybe? Kekekeke~" she joked as she skipped up the hill.

"Oh this little kid," he chuckled. "How's life?"

"Oh it's.... fine, been doing well." she stammered, faking a smile.

"Yeah, mine has been going well too. Too bad one of your weakness is lying." he nudged her.

"Come on, answer me honestly. Is there something wrong?"

"Yes.." "What is it?" he asked calmly. She kept silent and continued walking, looking down at her feet.

"Don't tell me.... What did he do this time?" she chuckled at his slightly angered tone.

"Nothing oppa." "Then?! Minyoung-ah don't be afraid to open up to me. I won't do anything crazy like I promised. Unless he didn't do anything bad, tell me."

"You're like appa, aish." she joked, giggling. They went to a nearby bench and sat on it.

"I'm really childish aren't I? I'm always the one who causes problems. Like that time when I injured your arm, or when I was the problem at school where teachers had to inform our parents about me. I still love him but I can't bare waiting for him to come back.... If only I could change, if only I knew how to control my temper. I've only stayed with him for a few months. How did I even endure this in the past few years? During our school days? There are so many questions left unanswered." she paused for a while.

"And...why did I choose him of all boys in the whole world? I could've chosen a better one. He could've gotten a better one. And.. why did he choose me? Aren't I putting burden on him, aren't I too troublesome?" she said slowly, stammering in a few sentences as tears rolled down her cheeks.

"Minyoung-ah, look at me." she faced him slowly. "Remember when there were times where we would fight and times where we would cling onto each other so much. I'd always support you and you did the same for me too. You always told me not to think bad about myself, to think positive. And look! I've been happy go lucky ever since the last time you gave me your longest lecture on thinking negative. Now look at where you are, looking down on yourself when you said all that to me. Where did all the happy Minyoung go to?" he asked as he wiped her tears.

"Oh I think I know where, the happy went into me and the anger exchanged into you. Magical lecture you gave me there." he joked and she slapped his arm lightly, both of them chuckling.

"Aish oppa why must you be such a good person. I think you're crazy." "That's my Minyoung." he ruffled her hair and she pouted.

"I think this problem should be settled between you both. I can't do anything, Minyoung. Either one of you start fixing this problem and choose a decision or wait for your heart to tell you the answer. Like what people call, 'fate'." emphasizing on the word 'fate' as he moved up and down his peace sign formed fingers.

"I...I.." she stammered. Thoughts were running through her mind; she was going crazy in the inside. Too much for words to come out from . "I.....aish why is it so hard for me everytime?" she said, her lips trembling as her tears continued to flow.

"Yongguk, Bang Yongguk. What have I done.." she said as she buried her face into her palms and rested her elbows on her knees, sobbing. "There there," he hugged her to his chest slowly, patting her shoulder. She continued crying, her face buried in her brothers chest.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

once again, text that is coloured in purple means it is being said in unison.

Apparently this is supposed to be a one shot but well, but now it's a two shot. How was it? Bet it wasn't even emotional enough. I'm trying my best. Hope you all enjoyed it atleast! don't forget to leave your opinions in the comments!