2 - California King Bed

iPod Shuffle Challenge! - Thunder(MBLAQ)

A/N: May I remind you that these are ONESHOTS and aren't related to the first chapter(Jmy apologies are for the post A/N XD)

 


"Changsun-hyung?" Sanghyun asked tentatively to the person on the other side of the bed. "Are you awake?"

 

Sanghyun had trouble sleeping over the past few days. He always ended up at the far side of the king-sized bed his Changsun-hyung bought for them some time ago. Sanghyun couldn't remember exactly when due to lack of sleep. People often wondered why Sanghyun and Changsun shared a king-sized bed. Changsun would always be the one who will answer and will just shrug it off by saying, "We just got used to it."

 

Yes, they got used to it. But Sanghyun did not imagine the potential problems a king-sized bed might cause for him. Ever since they got the bed, Sanghyun didn’t get much sleep. He would just lie in bed with his eyes closed, listening to the steady breathing of the person next to him. As much as he would want to toss around in bed, he wouldn’t, because he knew his hyung’s sleep will be interrupted by his movements. Sometimes he’d fall asleep after what seemed like hours to Sanghyun, but there were times when he couldn’t even get a wink of it. Sometimes, like tonight, he’d fall asleep immediately and wake up wide awake after an hour or so.

 

Sanghyun seriously considered going to the doctor because he thought he had insomnia.

 

I do have insomnia. , he contradicted himself dejectedly in his head.

 

He felt frustrated because he never got problems sleeping as a child, but now, as much as he wanted to, he just couldn’t. Maybe it was part of growing older? Maybe adults have times like these? As often as Sanghyun’s? He didn’t think so.

 

This was exactly Sanghyun’s problem. He couldn’t sleep because thousands of things run through his head as he closed his eyes, wanting to get sleep; and approximately 760 out of those 1000 thoughts were about the person next to him. Why 760? Sanghyun wasn’t sure himself, but what he was sure of was the fact that majority of the insomniac’s thoughts were about him .

 

His best friend. His brother. His closest confidant. The one he loved most apart from his family.

 

He slowly and carefully turned to the other side of the bed, where he can see his hyung. He felt shivers down his back when he saw the dark outline of Changsun’s back, his slow breathing making his back muscles visible as he inhaled deeply in his sleep.

 

Sanghyun felt cold as the icy waves of loneliness hit him. He shivered more, mentally this time, despite being under numerous comforters. He slowly stretched his arms, trying to reach Changsun.

 

He was too far.

 

He was so near yet so far away from him. Sanghyun stretched his fingers, but he couldn’t reach for his hyung. He whimpered softly as he did so. Maybe because of his deprivation of sleep, but it wasn’t that way at all in reality.

 

“Sanghyun?”  Changsun’s cracked and sleepy voice reached Sanghyun, who instantly froze. He was close to crying for some reason. “What’s wrong?”

 

“Nothing, hyung. Go back to sleep. I’m sorry.” Sangyun replied too quickly, and his hyung instantly sensed something was definitely wrong with the younger.

 

He quickly turned to the other side, facing him with sleep-ridden eyes full of nothing but pure concern.

 

“What’s wrong?” he asked again, this time more awake than the first attempt. “Had a nightmare?”

 

Sanghyun simply shook his head.

 

“Come on. Tell me.” His hyung tried convincing him, as he scooted closer to the other.

 

Sanghyun only shook his head harder. Chansung frowned in disbelief as he put an arm around his dongsaeng.

 

The older between the two sighed and said, “Listen, I know you haven’t been sleeping well for weeks now.”

 

He knew? How? , Sanghyun thought, panicked. The least he wanted to do was to bother his hyung about something so trivial and nonsensical.

 

“How I knew?” Changsun said, as though he read his mind. “Your breathing isn’t slow and even like when you’re asleep. It’s pretty obvious as we’ve been sleeping together since God-knows-when. I just thought it was natural and just observed you every time I wake up momentarily.”

 

Sanghyun smiled at that, but said nothing. “And no you’re not a bother. Never.”

 

“How did you read my mind?” Sanghyun asked rather stupidly.

 

“Your face is a dead give-away.” Changsun laughed. “Come on, how long do you think we’ve know each other?”

 

“Seven months, six days, five hours, twenty-two minutes and counting.”

 

“You keep count?” Changsun couldn’t help but smile at that, and Sanghyun failed to notice the slight pink that dusted his hyung’s cheeks as he tried to cover his own embarrassment.

 

“That was a joke, hyung.”

 

But it wasn’t.

 

Sanghyun really did count the time since he met Lee Changsun.

 

I fell in love with you at first sight, you dummy.

 

“Oh.” Changsun said, feeling a little bit disappointed. Changsun had thought he was more special than Sanghyun’s other hyungs and even Mir. But he might have been wrong.

 

I fell in love with you the first time we met, Sanghyun.

 

He didn’t count the days, but he treasured every moment he had with his dongsaeng. It was something that can be measured more than measly time.

 

“Hey, Sanghyunnie,” Changsun said, both of them having their thoughts interrupted. “Can I ask you something?”

 

“Hmm?” Sangyun’s voice weak from fatigue. He was oddly sleepy; sleepier than he had been for ages.

 

“Can we get rid of this king-sized bed and bring back that single bed we used to sleep in?”

 

Sanghyun looked at him with half-lidded eyes. Changsun poked at his cheek, unable to resist his fluffy dongsaeng. “Well, I just thought you couldn’t sleep because of this bed. You know, with this space?”

 

No answer was given as Sanghyun was already snoring in the arms of the elder. Changsun grinned to himself as he poked at his cheek again.

 

“I guess silence means yes, then?” he said to himself, kissing his beloved dongsaeng on the cheek before deciding to surrender to the powerful tides of sleep once again.

 

 

 

 


 

A/N: HI HUYS. YOU MISSED ME? OH GOD, IT HAS BEEN THIS LONG. I'M SO SORRY FOR WRITING IN CAPS AND SORRY FOR NOT UPDATING AT ALL ON WTALF AND THIS ONE. I'M LEGIT CRYING BECAUSE OF HOW SORRY I AM YOU KNOW?

Anyways, I think this is the best I've written so far. So enjoy. As much as I did. :)

Again: SUBSCIBE, VOTE, AND COMMENT, COMMENT, COMMENT!!!!! Cheers!