1 - One Spring Day

iPod Shuffle Challenge! - Thunder(MBLAQ)

Thunder stared at the place for a moment. This was the place where everything started, the place where something blossomed. But, he soon came to realize that something that blossoms and grows will, at one point, slowly wither and die. He found that funny though, laughing bitterly by himself as he took in the place where they used to live, that that was exactly what happened between the two of them.

 

He took in the place he once grew to love. The white plastered walls, the gold-colored mirror frame by his side, the red velvety sofa, which was now covered in a white cloth in the center, and the table which held the used-to-be elegant vase centerpiece, now shattered, and broken, like how he was right now.

 

The place which was filled with so much memories now looked empty, and haunting. He walked towards the sofa, his footsteps resounding, leaving a faint ringing in his ears. He uncovered the white cloth and touched the velvety material of the sofa. 

 

He remembered laughter, both his own and Lee Joon's. He remembered that their first kiss had been here, when they were just playing around and Lee Joon just suddenly did it. He smiled slightly at the recollecton, his heart clenching from remembering the happiness he once had, the happiness that had been Lee Joon.

 

Shaking away his thoughts, he let himself wander to the door to right. He touched the doorknob and stopped abruptly, his chest constricting more and more because he knew what memories were in there.

 

He knew it was his fault for giving up on them so easily. But he couldn't take the fighting, the misunderstandings, the hurt they have gone through in being together. He had to move on, at one point or another. They have broken up for only two weeks but to Thunder, it seemed like such a long time already. 

 

"I have to do this." Thunder said to himself, his voice shaky and his hands trembling on the cold metal doorknob in front of him.

 

He didn't know why he even came back to the house, he just felt like going here one last time would make him remember and then he would all leave it behind here.

 

Taking a deep, shaky breath, he closed and opened the door. 

 

He gasped, tears finally falling down from his cheeks as he slowly moved towards the bed they once shared.

 

The bed where Lee Joon held him.

 

The bed where they shared petty 'good mornings' and 'I love you's. 

 

He sobbed even harder, sinking down to the edge of the bed, the pain in his chest too unbearable, and he cried out loud, clutching it with his hand.

 

He wasn't ready for it. Thunder still loved him. He knew even before going here..

 

In the corner of his eye, he saw something black and rectangular under one of the pillows. He reached for it with tentative hands.

 

It was a tape recorder. A tape recorder that he never saw when they were still here, together.

 

He wiped tears from his face with his sleeves as he examined the recorder. There was a strange clicking sound, his eyes wide in shock as he realized he accidentally pressed 'play'.

 

There was a weird muffling sound as he waited anxiously for a voice, a sound, anything, actually.

 

"Joonie." Thunder whispered, tears threatening to fall gain. His whole body trembled at the sound of his voice.

 

"...Doongie?" Lee Joon's voice was scratchy in the recorder. "If you listen to this, I know that you've had already move on."

 

Thunder closed his eyes, trying to control the shaking of his hands as he listened intently to the voice in the recorded.

 

"But I want you to know that I l really love you still. I..." Lee Joon shuddered, " have never wanted to leave you."

 

"But I respected your decision to part ways. It was clear to me that you didn't love me anymore and you grew sick of me. I'm sorry for... everything."

 

With that, the tape ended. Thunder shook his head, all the emotions coming back to him, as tears began to fall again.

 

"No... no..." Thunder whispered weakly, clutching the metal object close to him as much as possible. " i thought you were the one who didn't love me anymore... I-I-I..." he tried saying, but the words never came out as he cried harder and harder.

 

It was my fault.

 

He tried to calm himself as he stood up. He knew he needed to leave. Leave this place so he wouldn't have been reminded of all the mistakes he had made. It broke him knowing he was the one who ruined everything. 

 

He ran towards the door, not looking at the things that made him remember his past. 

 

I will leave all of our memories here once I step outside. I will forget about everything. I have no right to remember this happiness.

 

He turned the knob and yanked it open. 

 

Thunder froze, he had stopped crying, as he put a hand over to his mouth.

 

"Joonie." Thunder whispered, goosebumps covering his arms.

 

"Doongie?" Lee Joon said, as he examined his ex-lover. His eyes were puffy red, he had surely cried. His other hand held the tape recorder that he came to the house for. His chest clenched at the sight of his ex-lover in his current state, and as if by reflex, he held the younger tight in his arms.

 

"Joonie... I'm s-sorry... I'm sorry..." the younger said, hiccupping between words. Lee Joon felt a lump in his throat as he the younger's hair.

 

"I still love you..." was all the older managed to say, tears lidding his eyes.

 


 

One Spring Day finished! Lucky first song. Haha. How was it?? This would be my first time to write a oneshot, and to use third person. Sorry for the mistakes, grammatically and spelling-wise. Stay tuned. :)