Deja Vu

HEILMITTEL

A woman knows the face of the man she loves as a sailor knows the open sea (Honore de Balzac)

 

“Let me introduce you to Mr. Jang Woo Young. He studied Public Health at University of Oxford. He’s going to be my assistant for the next 3 months.” Mr. Song explained.

Woo Young bowed. “My name is Jang Woo Young, just call me Wooyoung. Please take a good care of me.” He finished introducing himself after flashing a beautiful smile.

All the girls in the class were silent, mesmerized by his appearance. Looking at his figure, he was about 1.75 m – 1.80 m tall, with proportional weight. His abs was printed on his slim-fit white shirt, a perfect six pack. He had a pair of beautiful eyes, long eyelashes, and flawless lips.

“Do you have a question to Mr. Jang?” Mr. Song asked his students. “Since you’re going to interact with him every day, I hope you can get along with each other.”

A blonde girl sitting on the front row raised her hand. She couldn’t take her eyes off of him from the first time he stepped into the class “What will you do as Mr. Song’s assistant?”

Wooyoung took a second to think before answering. “Well, mostly, I will just sit and listen to him during the class, just like most of you do.” He smirked while taking a glance at a sleeping girl in the upper row. “In my third month, Mr. Song has planned a public health project; I’m going to be your project leader.”

“Anyone else?” Mr. Song asked again. “Ok, you can ask him later. Now please take a seat Mr. Jang.” He directed his hand to the upper row.

Wooyoung looked around to find an empty seat and realized that the only available seat was the one besides the sleeping girl. Though he was being careful not to wake the girl up, his bag slid from his shoulder and landed on her head.

"I'm sorry" he apologized, took his bag that already fell on the floor now

She raised her head, felt a little bit confused by his existence. Yawning, she blinked her eyes several times before finally smiling to the boy sitting next to her. “Are you new student? Where are you transferred from?” she sounded more like whispering.

Wooyoung hold his laugh, coughed. “Am I? You were really sleeping, weren’t you?”

The girl grinned. She combed her messy hair with her fingers as she straightened her sitting position. “Something big happed last night. I couldn’t get enough sleep.”

He starred at her curiously. What does she mean by something big? He wondered. Did she do something with her boyfriend last night? A naughty thought crossed his mind.

“So, you are a new student?” she asked again when Wooyoung didn’t answer her question. “My name is Jieun, Lee Jieun. Nice to meet you.” She said cheerfully as she extended her hand to shake his.

“Wooyoung, Jang Wooyoung.” He shook her hands.

“I find your face familiar Wooyoung. I think we’ve met before.” She smiled at him.

Wooyoung frowned, tried to remember when and where he ever met her.  “Really? I don’t know. Have you ever been in UK before?”

 “It’s not what I mean.” She chuckled. “ I think we met in my dream before or we were together in the previous life. It’s like dejavu” She smiled, starred at him mysteriously before put down her head on the table. Before Wooyoung could say anything, she already fell into a deep sleep.