Chapter V

Not Just a Myth

Minwoo sat up in his bed after deciding his alarm was too annoying to sleep through. He blindly hit the snooze button and sat in his bed for a while, his body refusing to listen to him as he tried to get out of bed and get ready for the date. His phone made a ding sound, which is what happens when he recieves a text. He rubbed his eyes and felt around for his phone on the side table. It was a message from Amy, telling him not to forget about their date today and that she was excited. He smiled a bit and finally got out of bed to take a shower.

After the shower, he went to his wardrobe and stood there, glancing over each shirt he could wear. He finally decided which shirt he likes the best and took it out to throw on to his bed. Then he opened the drawer in his wardrobe to look at his pants options. In total, it took him 30 minutes just to pick out his outfit. He didn't mind it, though. I all paid off when he was confident in himself after people gave him compliments.

He went to his bedside table to grab his wallet, phone, and keys to put in his pockets. The he was off to go meet Amy downtown. He was running ahead of time, so he decided to stop and get her a gift. He stopped by a flower shop that lured him in with the roses outside. He couldn't decide how many he should get so he decided to just choose one for every year they had known each other, 3. The florist put them in paper and tied a ribbon around them to keep them in place. When he took them from the florist, he was pricked on is finger by one of the thorns. He thanked the lady at the counter and turned around to leave, on his finger.

When he arrived at their meeting place, he was still early. He decided to sit on a nearby bench and watch the people pass by. It was 15 minutes until their meeting time, but Amy showed up. She saw him and walked over to sit down next to him. He put his arm around her when she sat down.

"Minwoo!" She said, snuggling a bit into his torso. "It has been too long."

"I know." He said, and pulled her in for a kiss. "I've missed you."

"Me too." She said. They sat there, enjoying each other's presence for a while.

"So what are we doing today?" Minwoo asked. "You seem rather excited."

"I am!" She stood up. "We are going to the market."

"I forgot that it was this weekend." He said, also standing up. "Oh yeah, these are for you." He handed her the roses.

"Thanks, Minwoo." She kissed him on the cheek and grabbed his hand. "Let's go!" She pulled him along.

After a while, he realized they were not going in the direction of the market. 

"Uh... Amy?"

"Yes?"

"Isn't the market that way?" He pointed in the opposite direction.

"This is a shortcut." She said, smiling back at him.

"Weird shortcut."

Amy finally stopped pulling Minwoo when they reached the end of an alley.

"Amy, if you wanted to be alone, we didn't have to come here."

"But if we are here, no one will know."

"Know what?"

Before he got an answer he was hit in the back of the head. He didn't know what with, he couldn't see because he out. The last thing he heard was Amy laughing.

- - -

Dongwan was studying at his desk when his phone buzzed. A wide grin grew on his face, he rarely ever gets calls or texts from people. He picked up his phone to see that Andy had texted him.

Hyung! I'm in trouble! Help!

Dongwan quickly called Andy.

"Hyung!" Andy said when he picked up.

"Where are you?" Dongwan said, getting out of his chair and heading towards the door.

"I'm not too sure. I think I am at the old warehouse  north of our school. I didn't see how we got there, but I saw when we got there."

"I'm on my way. Stay safe." He said and shoved his phone into his pocket. What would anyone want with Andy? He isn't the type to do things to people. Especially not talk.

He got a taxi and took it to the warehouse. When he got there, he picked up a piece of wood outside to use as a weapon in case he needed it. He took a deep breath and opened the door. Inside, around a dozen men's gazes turned towards him.

"How wonderful! Athena is here, too." A woman's voice said from the other side of the room.

"Who are you?" Dongwan said, voice surprisingly unwavering. 

"I'm Cerberus. Well, one of them." She walked towards Dongwan.

"Amy?" He said once she stepped into the light. He had recognized her from the pictures Minwoo had shown him on his phone.

"Sure, Amy." She said. "Who told you we were here? Was it Aphrodite?"

Dongwan didn't answer.

"Well, tell him thanks. Now we can take out two at once."

"Where is Andy?" Dongwan asked, ignoring the comment.

"I don't know, you are his friend, not me."

"But, he said he was taken here?"

"The only one we have here is Apollo." Amy said, pointing a thumb over her back at the figure sitting in a chair on the other side of the room. He had a sack over his head and his legs and arms tied down.

"Minwoo..." Dongwan said, realizing the situation.

"Yes, him. What a fool. It was a painful three years but we will be rewarded."

"You ." Dongwan said through clenched teeth. He raised up the piece of wood as if he was going to hit her.

"You shouldn't hit girls."

"That's ist." He swung the piece of wood at her. It hit her in the face, causing her to stagger back a bit. The men that were in the room came forward to attack him. He dropped the piece of wood and resorted to using his fists. Some of them were easy to knock out, only one or two hits. There were some however who just kept getting back up. It caused Dongwan to be seething with anger, increasing his strength. After that, everyone seemed to be knocked out with just one hit. Soon all of them were knocked out, rolling on the floor in pain. Amy, who had returned to the now conscious Minwoo groaning in pain, clapped when he finished.

"That was really unexpected for you being a nerd and all."

Dongwan just glared at her. 

"You lost your glasses though." She crossed her arms. "Now you don't even look like a nerd."

He still didn't respond.

"I know you can talk. We talked just now."

"There is no time for talk." He lunged forward with a fist rising up to hit her. She dodged out of the way. He continued to follow her around attacking her. He finally got a hit on her, and she fell to the ground.

"Finally." He sighed. He leaned over, panting.

"Dongwan?" Minwoo said from his chair. Dongwan turned around. He had forgotten he was there. He quickly ran over to the chair and started to untie him.

"Do you really think I would just let you do that." Amy said. She had gotten up off the ground. There were a couple of men who had regained consciousness as well, and they started to surround him. The grabbed him by his arms and pulled him away from Minwoo. Dongwan tried to protest and breakaway, but he was too fatigued from the fighting. 

"Now you can watch him die." She pulled a pocket knife out of her pocket. She walked over to Minwoo and pulled the sack off his head.

"Minwoo!" Dongwan shouted. Minwoo looked at the knife in Amy's hand and then to Dongwan. She brought the knife to his right shoulder and started to cut. Minwoo hissed in pain, blood starting to drip down his arm.

"Stop!" Dongwan yelled, trying to break free again.

"You think I would listen to you at this point?" Amy said, turning to face him.

"You would if you knew what was best for you." Dongwan spit at her.

"You know what. Because of that, I will stop." Amy said. Dongwan felt uneasy. "Cutting him, that is." She smirked and brought the knife up to his chest. She grabbed it by the hem and started to cut the shirt, revealing Minwoo's torso. She rubbed a hand over his abs.

"I guess not everything about you is bad." Amy said, admiring his well-defined chest.

"Please, stop." Minwoo said, close to begging. He hated the touch. It felt as though thousand of bugs were crawling over him where her hand was.

"Would you rather me kill you then?"  She said, starting to undo his belt. Minwoo tried to move away, but was unsuccessful. Dongwan cringed as she pulled down his pants. "I'm sure your friend will love to watch this." She straddled him and started to kiss his neck. Minwoo had a look of pain and extreme displeasure.

That was when Dongwan lost it. Suddenly, all of his body felt overwhelmed with strength. He managed to break free from the men holding him and this time bashed their heads in. The impact had caused  Then he ran over to Amy and threw her off of Minwoo.

"DON'T TOUCH HIM." Dongwan yelled, spit flying. Amy looked back to the men, shocked that Dongwan had broken free. Her eyes grew wide when she saw what he had done to them.

"Dongwan." Minwoo said, softly. Dongwan turned towards him, kneeling over Amy with her collar in his fist and fist up ready to punch her. "Don't."

"But-"

"Let's just go." Minwoo said, looking away. Dongwan took another look at Amy and threatened her again with her fist, causing her to flinch. Then he stood up and walked towards Minwoo. He used the knife that Amy was using to cut him to cut through the rope that held him down. Minwoo stood up and pulled his pants back up.

"Let's go." Dongwan said, taking his hand. He looked back at Amy and gave her a death glare. Once outside, Dongwan called for a taxi. The taxi brought them to Dongwan's house.

"I am going to bandage your wound, okay?" Dongwan said after having Minwoo sit down on his bed. "I will be right back." Minwoo had been unresponsive to him ever since they left the building. He went to the bathroom and pulled out some gauze and disinfecting wipes. When he came back to his room, Minwoo was still in the same position, staring at a spot on the floor. He kneeled in front of him.

"This will probably sting." Dongwan said, bringing the wipe up to his arm. He started to wipe the blood away from the cut and Minwoo hissed in pain. Dongwan sighed in relief knowing that Minwoo hadn't gone completely devoid of emotions. After cleaning up the wound, he wrapped it in gauze.

"There will most likely be a scar from this." Dongwan said, stand up. He walked over to his closet and pulled out a shirt. "This probably isn't your style, but it is all I have." He handed it to Minwoo who took off his torn shirt. He stood up to put on the new one and smirked a bit.

"Definitely not my style." Minwoo said pulling it over his head and looked at Dongwan. It was the first time he had really looked at him since they met up. He was covered in dirt and sweat from fighting, his clothes were a bit wrinkled as well. He had lost his glasses at the warehouse. Minwoo frowned.

"You don't have your glasses."

"What?" Dongwan reached a hand up to his face and felt for them. "Oh..." He suddenly felt very exposed without his glasses. He was so used to them always being on that it felt like he lost a body part. "It's okay though, I have a spare somewhere."

"No."

"What?"

"Don't."

"Why?"

"You look good like this." Minwoo said, smirking. Dongwan blushed.

"B-but I can't see as well."

"How many fingers am I holding up." Minwoo brought his hand up.

"4."

"You can see fine. Don't wear them."

"O-okay..." Dongwan looked away, embarrassed. They stood in silence.

"Um..." Minwoo said, rubbing the back of his neck. "Thanks for saving me. I didn't know you had that side to you."

"I didn't either." Dongwan chuckled. Minwoo smiled at him. Dongwan felt uncomfortable all of the sudden. It was a very sincere smile. Like the one someone gets when you watch someone you love having fun.

"How did you know I was there, anyways?" Minwoo asked.

"Andy called and said he was in trouble."  Dongwan said. He suddenly realized he hadn't actually helped him. "Andy!" He said, pulling his phone out of his pocket to call him.

"Hello?" Andy said, picking up the phone.

"Andy! Are you okay?"

"Yeah, why?"

"You called earlier, but I ended up helping Minwoo instead of you..."

"I don't remember calling. That's weird. Well I'm fine, don't worry!" Andy said and hung up.

"Did he actually talk?" Minwoo asked, surprised.

"Yeah..." Dongwan said.

"Wow."  Minwoo said in disbelief. "He rarely says more than two words to me."

"Me too..." Dongwan said, putting the phone back in his pocket.

"Well... I should get going. I told my mom I would be home an hour ago." Minwoo said.

"Are you going to tell her what happened?"

"What, that my crazy girlfriend attacked and ually assaulted me, but I am okay because my friend, a reincarnate of Athena, saved me?"

Dongwan was overwhelmed by Minwoo calling him a friend. However, the warm feeling in his chest quickly left when he realized he still referred to Amy as his girlfriend.

"Yeah." Dongwan said, pushing his thoughts aside. Minwoo chuckled.

"Oh okay."

"Do you need me to take you home?"

"No, I will be fine." He smiled at Dongwan. "I will see you Monday, right?"

"Yeah." Dongwan smiled back.

Minwoo walked over to the door and was about to leave when he turned around and walked back to Dongwan. He pulled him into an embrace and buried his face in Dongwan's shoulder. His heartbeat went crazy and hoped that Minwoo wouldn't notice it.

"Thanks. A lot." Minwoo said. He pulled back and smiled at him. Dongwan noticed tears forming in his eyes. He wanted to wipe them away, but couldn't bring himself to do it.

"Bye!" Minwoo said, heading towards the door again. This time, to Dongwan's dismay, he actually left. Once the door closed he sat down on his bed, his face flushed. His heartbeat hadn't calmed down and he buried his face in his pillow.

He couldn't wait until Monday.

 

- - -

(A/N OMG WOODONG~~~~~~~~~~~~ I really like this chapter i like woodong i like fighting for love i like strong dongwan i like serious minwoo i like you because you read this thank you you are beautiful now leave a comment)